Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Someone who is allegedly a super-accurate leaker about GoT leaked this poo poo over at the freefolk, and holy gently caress goons strap in because if this poo poo is true D&D literally went 'salt the loving earth' on this franchise.

The Unsullied bit makes me refuse to believe this because holy poo poo if it's true EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO SCREAM "RACISM." And they are going to be fully justified in doing so.

This is 'destroy the loving franchise' level stuff. This is 'we're done and we hate this poo poo so have fun cleaning up this mess' level bad. This is the death of Game of Thrones as a franchise. This ends the career of the showrunners.

This would be funnier than the Poop Ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
If thats true, the articles crying misogyny and racism will definitely be accurate though. Having the Dothraki rape white girls while having a perceived feminist pop culture icon become a genocidal lunatic (THE MAD QUEEN memes oh god) in one episode? Yeah, definitely having some extra edibles on Sunday just in case.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Sky Shadowing posted:

This is 'destroy the loving franchise' level stuff. This is 'we're done and we hate this poo poo so have fun cleaning up this mess' level bad. This is the death of Game of Thrones as a franchise. This ends the career of the showrunners.

I don't know if it goes that far, but it definitely cuts off the possibility of anyone coming after them to try and salvage anything.

Everything else sounds feasible. I don't know why bells would make Dany go crazy, I imagine it has to be something else related to her history with King's Landing and/or the Red Keep.

God, the thinkpieces are going to be unbearable. I could barely stand reading about how "killing Misandei reinforced the disposability of POC/ended the only Black love story in GoT/etc" this past week.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

nice those leaks rule

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Pretty sure this compiled set of leaks on freefolk is more likely.

quote:

Dany's army will capture Jaime. Dany has Vary's executed and Dany assaults Kings landing in a one sided fight. Tyrion ask her to show mercy, Dany refuses. (likely when Tyrion tries to resign as Hand) Tyrion frees Jaime and try to get Cersei out of the city. Drogon burns Kings landing and Euron's fleet (Cleganebowl, they both die.) Jaime fights Euron and kills him but is mortally wounded in exchange. Jame makes it to Cersei and they die together.

Dany starts executing everyone in Kings landing (Tyrion and Jon are upset) Dany has Tyrion arrested for freeing his brother. (his trial is supposed to have neither Dany or Jon present) Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Dany. His family will never be safe because it threatens Dany's legitimacy. Jon tries to talk to Dany but she ignores him thinking she is justified.

Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and to turn Jon against her. Sansa will betray Tyrion at the end despite promising to rule together. (maybe at his upcoming trial) In the end Jon is somehow forced, or decides, to kill Dany. Jon's outcome is uncertain after: new Nights Watch/Exile or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show.

Tyrion's trial in the dragonpit is a major scene and has no Jon, Dany, or dragons. Sir Davos is present not wearing the Hand of the King pin along with all 3 stark children. Samwell Tarly, Brienne, Robyn Aryn, Grey Worm, an unknown man wearing golden clothes (likely Dornish), and another unidentified man (n older short bearded one dressed in green) will be there as well. Bran will flash back to season 1 where Tyrion Lannister told Catelyn Stark, "I never bet against my family". Tyrion is filled with anger and resentment against them because he saved them against Stannis and they still turned on him. Thinks people of King's Landing deserved it. He saved them and were ungrateful (trial of Joffrey's murder) Will fall to his knees in the middle of the speech dragged down by the weight of his actions. His death was filmed in studio so not sure how he dies.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1125921569698504704

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1125922645143220224

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i legit want mad queen dany, it beats queen mcsmirkface and urine greyjoy. hopefully dany kills everyone except sansa and the direwolf. i hate every single character in this retarded show.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Piell posted:

I don't buy it, bells have literally never been a thing in the series and for that to be the reason she snaps is (hopefully) too far for even this dumb show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJkg-p2K3eI

“I’ve never known bells to mean surrender”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Do you think after D&D end their 8 season epic with a literal rape fest that Disney will drop them from their Star Wars trilogy?

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Sansa betraying Tyrion seems deeply weird. Promising him they'll rule together? Okaaaay.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
The unsullied breaking decades of psychological conditioning to rampage is gonna rule

Also having the brown skinned foreign forces that were 100% wiped out in epsiodd 3 be back for a ton of raping and pillaging? Awesome

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 8, 2019

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Well gently caress me I guess, time to strap in for this poo poo

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slutitution posted:

If thats true, the articles crying misogyny and racism will definitely be accurate though. Having the Dothraki rape white girls while having a perceived feminist pop culture icon become a genocidal lunatic (THE MAD QUEEN memes oh god) in one episode? Yeah, definitely having some extra edibles on Sunday just in case.

Think about it - they're literally going to have a foreign army of brown nomadic dudes rape white girls in an exotic looking city in Trump's America. This loving franchise as a whole will definitely die if this is true.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

this obsessive need to "subvert expectations" through dispensing with logic or coherence is very Vince Russo. These two are the Vince Russos of prestige TV.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Piell posted:

Pretty sure this compiled set of leaks on freefolk is more likely.

How do they easily take King's Landing?

How is Drogon able to singlehandedly burn the fleet when 2 dragons failed?

Why does Tyrion die of a broken heart rage?

Why are these spoilers going to be 100% accurate while also being very loving stupid?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

Then please watch this depressing 3 part series about the Hobbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTRUQ-RKfUs

Lindsay Ellis just did a great Twitter thread on this trainwreck btw

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1125919579492847616

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
subverting expectations you want a good show but you need the bad poosey

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why does Tyrion die of a broken heart rage?

Why are these spoilers going to be 100% accurate while also being very loving stupid?

Them being this stupid is how we know they’re true.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
These seem a little out there, even for how the show has gone. I'm not saying they definitely couldn't happen, I'm just saying don't count your eggs before they hatch into terrible racist chickens.

God, if these actually end up accurate, I'm gonna lose my mind.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The GC turns on Cersei.

Scorpions can't fire up. Dany probably figures "oh if I just divebomb them from a high altitude they wont see me coming or be able to react".

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 8, 2019

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man remember when this show used to loving own bones every single week.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

The Dothraki going all rape crazy makes perfect sense except for the fact that they were all clearly shown being exterminated two episodes ago.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Sky Shadowing posted:

Someone who is allegedly a super-accurate leaker about GoT leaked this poo poo over at the freefolk, and holy gently caress goons strap in because if this poo poo is true D&D literally went 'salt the loving earth' on this franchise.

The Unsullied bit makes me refuse to believe this because holy poo poo if it's true EVERY SINGLE MEDIA OUTLET IN THE WORLD IS GOING TO SCREAM "RACISM." And they are going to be fully justified in doing so.

lmao holy poo poo. this is like 5th grade level writing.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Drogon easily winning and beating Euron and KL’e defenses is going to be painted as a “because Dany doesn’t care about keeping innocents alive” and not “lets use our dragons smartly and attack from above / our of LOS from the ballista” and it’s going to rule.

The unsullied going on a rampage and the Dothraki going on a rape fest is..... actually what I was expecting for a long time. Her using the Dothraki army with no clear expectation of how she meant to reward them in any way that would satisfy their culture has been a question the show has not really addressed. To reach KL and let them loose basically prove Cersei’s fear mongering 100% right which is an amazing direction to take the show.

The show is literally ending with “Cersei was right”.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I can’t wait for the mad dany memes and jokes.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wonder how many kids named Dany/Daenerys are going to have to deal with this bullshit.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The show is literally ending with “ bitches be crazy amiright”.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 8, 2019

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The show is literally ending with “Cersei was right”.

Which of course the entire right-wing blogophere and media will use to rationalize Trump and his racism, xenophobia, fascism, etc.

No harm done here at all, D&D!

jfc :ughh:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Remember when D&D said Sansa getting raped was a strong woman making a choice?

Wonder how they’ll spin this if it happens

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bobjr posted:

Remember when D&D said Sansa getting raped was a strong woman making a choice?

Wonder how they’ll spin this if it happens

it's an entire city of strong women making choices. extremely noble if you think about it

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
This poo poo is too stupid for a Warhammer 40k novel.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Ah yes, the surrender bells.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're using the Unsullied as an extension of Grey Worm I guess. But you've told us too many times that they're the most perfectly disciplined soldiers that have ever existed.

Like, yeah, Dothraki sack the city boy does that make a ton of sense. But the Unsullied?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Do you think after D&D end their 8 season epic with a literal rape fest that Disney will drop them from their Star Wars trilogy?

Are there two new trilogies being made? Wasn't Rian Johnson supposed to do one as well?

Also I thought Disney said they were putting Star Wars on hold for awhile after IX

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess D&D having the Dothraki rape white girls is just them getting warmed up for their Confederate show, correct?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Raccooon posted:

Are there two new trilogies being made? Wasn't Rian Johnson supposed to do one as well?

Correct.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PostNouveau posted:

They're using the Unsullied as an extension of Grey Worm I guess. But you've told us too many times that they're the most perfectly disciplined soldiers that have ever existed.

This would make a bit more sense had their freedom and Grey Worm’s leadership had been expanded or developed in any way. Daenerys freed them, they chose to keep fighting for her (to free others) but they never showed them gain any independence or free will and were portrayed as drones until I guess this upcoming episode.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

What? lol

How can you do two trilogies at the same time????

ajshdfjahsdfkjashdkjashd

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Raccooon posted:

Also I thought Disney said they were putting Star Wars on hold for awhile after IX

Lmao. Disney? Stop?

Strap the gently caress in, friend.

https://twitter.com/erikdavis/status/1125802890310742016?s=12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Mat Cauthon posted:

Man remember when this show used to loving own bones every single week.

It's been a while, but yeah I still remember