Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Randarkman posted:

Maybe if they're clever they could do this and save on the CGI budget by just making it like that show Wilfred, and have Ghost just be played by a guy in a bad wolf costume who talks to Kristoffer Hivju, but everyone else reacts to it like it's a dire wolf doing dire wolf things and sounding like a dire wolf (except you always just see a guy in a wolf costume).

I would watch the gently caress out of this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Also Dany presumably has a kingdom she's sort of in charge of back in Essos that she gave to a mercenary company and we never talk about that.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

There's like 0 chance those guys didn't take everything that wasn't nailed down and skip town the minute she left.

Dany is the worst. That's kind of the point, but both the writing and Emilia Clarke are terrible (though after seeing her react to that interviewer's question I can forgive her for being a bad actress)

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Plan Z posted:

Also Dany presumably has a kingdom she's sort of in charge of back in Essos that she gave to a mercenary company and we never talk about that.

Those cities reverted back to slavery the second she set foot on her boat

Dany is a bad ruler

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

You guys missed it but it was all given away in the first episode when king Robert looked at bran and said flex your muscles you’ll be a king some day afterwards looking at ned and saying you’ll be headless zombie one day

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sup with the iron bank collecting a loan and immediately giving another one.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

They couldn’t go past the debt ceiling you see

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

god the Cersei side has 4 named characters to it at this point.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

very accurate lender behavior, what should they do, give some cooling off period?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

very accurate lender behavior, what should they do, give some cooling off period?

Seen the ability to pay and not have collected to keep the fat interest rolling. Not started a fresh identical loan

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
"Let's omit a bunch of these characters like Young Griff and Lady Stoneheart, kill a bunch of characters still alive in the books at the point they die in the show (lmao at the whole sand snakes poo poo) and change motivations for characters that we are keeping in the shows to make it better TV. Surely this won't have any impact on the show longterm!" - Two loving idiots in charge of the show.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Bombadilillo posted:

Seen the ability to pay and not have collected to keep the fat interest rolling. Not started a fresh identical loan

Each loan has its own risks, they talked about that too. Cersei was paying Tywins loan and then they gave her one

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Aegon the Conquerer spotted.

Aegon spin off would be great
Just constant incest threesomes.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
We have had 12 loving seasons of two and a half men, loving frasier got 11. I get that this is expensive but its paying for itself. We should have had 12 seasons with all of grrms fat loving ideas.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I've been saying for years that the direwolves should be lovely looking animatronics like the evil wolf from Neverending Story, and they should speak like that too

because it would be funny

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Bacontotem posted:

Aegon the Conquerer spotted.

Aegon spin off would be great
Just constant incest threesomes.

:stare:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Glenn Quebec posted:

We have had 12 loving seasons of two and a half men, loving frasier got 11. I get that this is expensive but its paying for itself. We should have had 12 seasons with all of grrms fat loving ideas.

It's 100% not a money problem. HBO gave them carte blanche to run for as many seasons as they wanted but the showrunners wanted to end it. iirc they wanted to rush everything into a 10ep s7 but hbo twisted their arm and got s8.

They are completely checked out and it shows in how little fucks they give. I mean they could have stepped down as showrunners and let someone who cares continue or HBO could have just replaced them but :shrug:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Wow, king Bran!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Bran is the only thing that can save the diarrhea queen.

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

It's funny to me how the fans seemed to completely miss the shift in tone to unapologetic schlock last season. There's no way they didn't fully and consciously stop giving a gently caress.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LOL could you imagine 4 extra seasons of amazing dialog like Tyrion saying "lol Varys you have no dick" or Dany being pouty and insane because no one is a fan of her "I'll kill you if you don't lick my rear end" bullshit?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

dudeness posted:

Bran is the only thing that can save the diarrhea queen.

i need more paper for my bum!
i need more paper for my bum!
i need more paper formbum!
i need mopaformybum!
i neemoarpamibum!
inemordebum!
inmordeium!
imodium!
imodium!
imodium!

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I don’t recall toilet paper being part of the got canon

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

*drinks from goblet of wine*
*smirks at thread*

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

LOL could you imagine 4 extra seasons of amazing dialog like Tyrion saying "lol Varys you have no dick" or Dany being pouty and insane because no one is a fan of her "I'll kill you if you don't lick my rear end" bullshit?

Well she'd never kill me :grin:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

:suicide:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

Bombadilillo posted:

god the Cersei side has 4 named characters to it at this point.

Mountain gonna kill so many characters next episode to even it out cant wait

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's 100% not a money problem. HBO gave them carte blanche to run for as many seasons as they wanted but the showrunners wanted to end it. iirc they wanted to rush everything into a 10ep s7 but hbo twisted their arm and got s8.

They are completely checked out and it shows in how little fucks they give. I mean they could have stepped down as showrunners and let someone who cares continue or HBO could have just replaced them but :shrug:

It sucks that Game of Thrones got 8 seasons (half of them apparently trash) while Rome, Deadwood, and Carnivale only got 2 or 3 seasons at most

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Glenn Quebec posted:

Frasier was good what is it doing next to that garbage show

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

But I hosed up what to do with these Dothraki and dragon eggs

I'm making GBS threads again

GOODBYE ESSOS

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

I think I realized why the dragon dying scene was so off. You ever notice how every Netflix series has at least one conversation where people are having a conversation just to have one of the person's brains blown out mid-sentence from off-screen? That's what that scene was.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Imagine a historical moment in TV history where a whole season is retconned

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:jerkbag::jerkbag::jerkbag:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1125850073689018368?s=20

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
so powerful to see Jon basically ignore ghost for like years, and when given one last chance to just pat his head goodbye or even be seen in the same frame with him, does not

so powerful such a good depiction of a touching relationship

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
lol why did they even bother making big cgi direwolves in the first place if it is apparently such a problem that the presence of direwolves would become meaningless

Just use normal big dogs and actually have some character and meaning to the relationship

I get the books say they are huge but it’s not like deviating from the books has ever been a problem. why was deviating by making the dogs not huge unacceptable

wait there I go again thinking harder about the show than the people making it did

edit: lmao imagine being so bad at tv that you gently caress up a scene where a relationship with a good boy dog forever having to leave their master does not tug on the heartstrings of an audience but actually just annoys them. Dogs. Like the easiest way to make people feel things.

Damo fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 8, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
it's hard to make an actor interact with a cgi creation says the guy directing the show where they ride around on the backs of dragons.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

fuvk

Necros fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 8, 2019

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Damo posted:

so powerful to see Jon basically ignore ghost for like years, and when given one last chance to just pat his head goodbye or even be seen in the same frame with him, does not

so powerful such a good depiction of a touching relationship

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
lol it’s even worse cause ghost got all hosed up in the fight, lost an ear, wounded, and we don’t even get one second of Jon or anyone being concerned for him let alone actually interacting with or caring for him

ghost should have just went back to his home planet years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Ghost got pawned off worse than Socks the Cat