Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Zaku Warrior is cool. And now it's just a matter of time until they do a MG Zaku Warrior Concert ver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I love the SEED zakus!

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

New on PB today, RG Tallgeese III is finally here.

Also all the Maganac stuff. 500 bucks for the 36 pack. Zoinks.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They also revealed an HGAC Sandrock Gundam.

They had talked about that one on Twitter before though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Old Swerdlow posted:

It looks like a little kid wearing their dad’s suit jacket.

Or it’s the David Byrne of gundams.

"Life During Wartime" is a very appropriate descriptor for the UC, I suppose.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

On one hand I initially really disliked the SEED Zakus. Not only did they not really have the grunt suit charm, it was also unnecessarily awkward.

On the other hand, it's since grown on me but not really in the grunt suit realm.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Is that a MG Strike Noir 2.0 in the background? (or Hi-res?)

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017
I think the Penelope would look better if it went all in on the robo-dragon theme. Ditch the Gundam head and bring the dragon head forward to make it more prominent. That said, right now I'm just praying for it not to go P-Bandai.

Puddin posted:

Is that a MG Strike Noir 2.0 in the background? (or Hi-res?)

I think it is the Hi-Resolution model that comes out next month.

https://bandai-hobby.net/item/3237/

Only a bit over 17000 ye....I'll pass.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

...hguc...

Burn bandai to the ground

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yikes. That's like PG money.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

...hguc...

Burn bandai to the ground

It's going to still be taller than Wing MGs as an HG. Making it in MG scale is... something of a risk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

It's going to still be taller than Wing MGs as an HG. Making it in MG scale is... something of a risk.

That it may fall off a shelf and kill someone?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I totally don't expect an mg but at least give me a re/100, something, anything for my favorite suit.

I love mechanicore but I just really want a lineart accurate xi and penelope not in the cursed scale.

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

As someone who doesn't have the time or space for MGs and is tired of seeing suits I love only getting Re/100s, I'm glad that Penelope's getting an HG instead of being stuck in "this is niche, so make it big" territory like the Vigna Ghina or Gundam Mk III.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Gripweed posted:

Zaku Warrior is cool. And now it's just a matter of time until they do a MG Zaku Warrior Concert ver.

The SEED Zakus, SEED Spacenoid suits in general, are pretty great.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

1st Stage Midboss posted:

As someone who doesn't have the time or space for MGs and is tired of seeing suits I love only getting Re/100s, I'm glad that Penelope's getting an HG instead of being stuck in "this is niche, so make it big" territory like the Vigna Ghina or Gundam Mk III.

I just made the MK 3, I didn't really like it. It reminds me of the old school HGs without any of the fun gimmicks and the plastic felt cheap.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
MG SEED ZAKU gives me hope for a MG LaGOWE or BuCUE or one of the Gaia. I just really want some MG dog shaped robits.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I totally don't expect an mg but at least give me a re/100, something, anything for my favorite suit.

I love mechanicore but I just really want a lineart accurate xi and penelope not in the cursed scale.

Mega Size Penelope

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I've been transitioning away from MGs due to space concerns, but I always liked Lunamaria and her suit, so seeing a proper MG Gunner Zaku Warrior after having built the 1/100 NG, I'm crazy hype about this out-of-nowhere build. the sheer amount of additional detail on the elbows alone is crazy. Plus they turned the backpack generator from just a barrel with a dome top to basically Chernobyl Reactor #4. I'm breaking my common size rule for this one.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Mega Size Penelope

Now this is more like it.

but then I'd have to pivot my collection from 1/100 to 1/48 and that's just a lot of effort

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I always liked the seed zakus so I'm glad their making an mg of it. It'e cool that there's been way more MG's released this year compared to the past few years

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

A bunch of PB only stuff got announced.

MG Hazel Unit 2
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1126320969226678272?s=19
Can be constructed 3 different ways, one of which appears to be GM Quel Ver. 2.0.

HG Do Dai Kai
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1126313405709611008?s=19

MG Crossbone X-0
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1126299536048001024?s=19

HG Mega Bazooka Launcher (Conroy ver.)
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1126314714240208896?s=19

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i like the posing on the dijeh/hyaku shiki on that dodai

"get lost amuro i claimed it first!! i wanna surf!"
"nuh uh char you're stuck with me"

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I made the new Guntank.

It's a good tank gun.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

K Prime posted:

I made the new Guntank.

It's a good tank gun.

Yeah. I love when kits are different like that one. Gundams are cool, but it's good to have a change of pace, you know?

Oh, and speaking of changes of pace, I got some of those little Micro War guys today. Pilots are in the same scale as Bandai's FMP stuff, which is neat.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

K Prime posted:

I made the new Guntank.

It's a good tank gun.

That's a thicc boy

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
Does anyone know if there were ever any waterslides produced for the Amazing Red Warrior? I recall seeing customs in the past with the SK on their knees and whatnot but searching Samuel, SIMP, and DL I can't seem to dig anything up... just stickers. I've read the MG came with stickers and I know some MGs come with dry transfers but rarely waterslides.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
So I bought a HG Star Burning Gundam and had a lot of fun assembling it, but there's a problem with the blue translucent parts on the elbows falling out. I'm not sure if it's because there's not enough friction keeping them in or the two halves of the lower arms being pushed apart by various forces when posing the model. What's the fix for something like this? I do have some Citadel plastic glue and am considering gluing the arm halves together, but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Deleter posted:

So I bought a HG Star Burning Gundam and had a lot of fun assembling it, but there's a problem with the blue translucent parts on the elbows falling out. I'm not sure if it's because there's not enough friction keeping them in or the two halves of the lower arms being pushed apart by various forces when posing the model. What's the fix for something like this? I do have some Citadel plastic glue and am considering gluing the arm halves together, but I'd like to hear other people's thoughts.

Paint the pegs with either paint, nail polish, Elmer’s glue or whatever and let it dry while separated. Then when you stick the pegs back in, they’ll be thicker and stick better.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Decided I didn't have it in me to go all the way to New Jersey for Gundam Planet, but I did pick up an Age 2 Magnum from Barnes and Noble.

Eirgen
Jan 29, 2010
If you are still in new york city area, you can hit up image anime on west 37th street or dashop in chinatown/elizabeth street. Might still end up with cheaper prices online sometimes but can find older kits still around at dashop while able to get more expensive/pbandai stuff over at image anime. The guy at dashop occasionally gives discounts but I think that might be for frequent visitors/seasonal thing.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I like Image Anime a lot but Midtown Comics (Times Square) has the best selection and price imo.

My fav hole in the wall is Rui Yong Hobby in Sunset Park, it's a bare bones place with a kinda eclectic spread. For some reason they keep all the gunpla behind the counter :goleft:

Edit: I mean. If you're visiting Image Anime is better. Half their store is gunpla and the owners are great. I only hit up Midtown Comics more often because they rotate stock so fuckin fast you never know what you'll find.

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 10, 2019

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I had a couple of weeks between jobs and wanted to do something to kill a bit of time - as such I stumbled on this thread and was inspired to try gunpla out!

The last and only time I had previously built anything was when I was a literal child, so I had a look round a couple of local shops and ended up picking up the Arbalest Ver.IV. While it isn't from a gundam series, or the cheapest thing to start with, I really liked the design.

I apologise - I am bad at photos, but here are a couple of the finished kit!

It was really fun to build and I ended up going out and getting the HG Build Burning and 00 Sky (Higher than Sky Phase), I guess because I am a sucker for see through plastic?

I had a question about panel lining - I'm terrified to try it and make a mess of a kit, but I feel like I should give it a go - does black panel lining come across as a bit harsh on light coloured kits?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

X_ThePerfect posted:

I had a question about panel lining - I'm terrified to try it and make a mess of a kit, but I feel like I should give it a go - does black panel lining come across as a bit harsh on light coloured kits?

You will make a mess of it, that's perfectly normal. If you're using the official panel line markers, they clean off with a regular eraser when dry, or even just tissues and cotton swabs when wet.

Black is a pretty harsh color on light colors. Some people like it, some people don't. (Personally, I don't) Gray works fine though depending on the actual color, brown might look more natural. Either way you'll still probably need black anyway to fill in vents etc. So you may as well buy all 3. :v:

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
If you think black marker may be too much on a light kit, you can also try a 0.5 mm mechanical pencil

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Yeah try with a pencil first as it is super easy to remove if you stuff it up.

General rule for panel lining is white and lighter shades get grey, rest get black

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Black detailing on my cartoon robots all day erry day.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Real question: why do you like Image? I really dislike them- prices are always higher than everywhere else I check and the clerks always act like huge elitist assholes. Am I just coming in at the wrong time? The shop at Elizabeth Street or Midtown Comics are always better experiences in my opinion if you can't make it across the bridge into GP.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Yawgmoft posted:

Real question: why do you like Image?

It's just cool to see a store that devotes like half its space to gunpla. God, I want to visit the Gundam Base in Japan so badly.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Eirgen posted:

If you are still in new york city area, you can hit up image anime on west 37th street or dashop in chinatown/elizabeth street. Might still end up with cheaper prices online sometimes but can find older kits still around at dashop while able to get more expensive/pbandai stuff over at image anime. The guy at dashop occasionally gives discounts but I think that might be for frequent visitors/seasonal thing.

Image is on West 37th? Nice, I used to work between 7th and 8th. Back when Gray's Papaya was still there. ;_;

Seconding the recommendation of Midtown Comics over Image Anime, though - deffo a better selection. Image does have other series kits - lotsa Macross, IIRC.

If you're in THAT neck of the woods and don't feel like Maoz falafel (which is overpriced and not that great IMO) Tabata ramen is right around the corner on 8th, or you can hit up a kickass Thai noodle soup joint on 9th by 35th or Sergimmo's Salumeria for a proper goddamn sandwich with housemade bread and mutz, great prosciutto, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Finished the Sinanju Stein NT, it's pretty cool for a HG. Just about the only thing I didn't like was that it's a bitch for it to hold the bazooka.