Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
People bitch about Majima Everywhere but I'd argue that that game actually needs it. Kiwami doesn't have a lot of the stuff 0 did. Fewer locations, fewer minigames, mechanics which have been completely left out. What does Kiwami have that 0 doesn't? MesuKing, Majima Everywhere, saves that aren't tethered to a payphone and the Kiwami system. Without Majima Everywhere, the game would feel empty. If I had a choice between having Majima Everywhere and not having Majima Everywhere, I'd go with having it. After a certain point, fighting Majima becomes kind of automatic anyway and gives you time to think about what's for dinner.

But yeah, overall, you can kind of tell that Kiwami is a remake just even from experiencing the location design. Who designed Purgatory? It's loving awful and I hate the fact you have to walk through the park and down a long pointless corridor just to get to the Florist.

Not as good as 0 but still pretty good. Would recommend. Just don't go in expecting 0 or you'll be disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

anyone who would ever choose Less Majima is extremely and powerfully wrong

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
There are Virtua Fighter machines right there in the arcades in Kiwami, but Kiryu just won't sit down and play any of them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought he was living his best life when he was tearing through the sewers on a motorbike clutching a rusty pipe as a lance and screaming,"KIRYUUUUUU!" but I see now I was wrong.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
majima everywhere is pretty great but it exists as one of the side dimensions in a yakuza game. like if we assume yakuza is composed of three different shards of reality - serious gangster drama where kiryu never kills anyone, fighting game where kiryu clearly murders a lot of people, and absurdist japanese comedy - the elemental plane of majima constitutes a welcome fourth shard

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

My Lovely Horse posted:

cause that stuck with me all this time and I was really expecting it to be an exaggeration

lol yeah no. End of 4 really feels like they ran out of ideas, but I like it that way (except that last scene with Hana can get hosed)

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/awsmstevie/status/1125686247983181825

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Anyone playing Kiwami 2 for the first time tomorrow, you should watch this trailer first!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuIDxjeIuVo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ryuga Death posted:

Anyone playing Kiwami 2 for the first time tomorrow, you should watch this trailer first!

drat

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Ryuga Death posted:

:thatsrad: as gently caress holy poo poo

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

luxury handset posted:

majima everywhere is pretty great but it exists as one of the side dimensions in a yakuza game. like if we assume yakuza is composed of four different shards of reality - serious gangster drama where kiryu never kills anyone, fighting game where kiryu clearly murders a lot of people, zombie apocalypse shootout+karaoke simulator, and absurdist japanese comedy - the elemental plane of majima constitutes a welcome fifth shard

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

So the 2 big minigames in Yakuza 0. I understand that the real estate minigame is effectively time-gated because you simply have to wait between collections, but what prevents me from just chaining cabaret minigames together for money?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Agent355 posted:

So the 2 big minigames in Yakuza 0. I understand that the real estate minigame is effectively time-gated because you simply have to wait between collections, but what prevents me from just chaining cabaret minigames together for money?

Nothing, go hog wild

You just can't finish the story of the cabaret side quest till a little later on

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Agent355 posted:

your hostesses get fatigued and so sometimes you have to grind at a lower difficulty with your back bench hostesses as the heavy hitters recover. but otherwise the only limit is your own entertainment

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

luxury handset posted:

your hostesses get fatigued and so sometimes you have to grind at a lower difficulty with your back bench hostesses as the heavy hitters recover. but otherwise the only limit is your own entertainment

Do they recover as time passes, or only as you don't use them for the minigame? If it's time based it seems like that'd be a pretty natural spot to break and go do other stuff for a bit.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Agent355 posted:

Do they recover as time passes, or only as you don't use them for the minigame? If it's time based it seems like that'd be a pretty natural spot to break and go do other stuff for a bit.

All you have to do is run another cabaret session with a single bronze hostess, then go put the controller down for 5 minutes and get a drink. You don't lose anything by having a poor session in the cabaret mode

your a-team will be all rested up and good to go after that

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
or you could let your B and C rank hostesses earn some money like a good boss :mad:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

luxury handset posted:

or you could let your B and C rank hostesses earn some money like a good boss :mad:

when marathonning cabaret club rounds it's important to stay hydrated

or to keep the japanese whisky flowing, or whatever

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Just keep switching the girls. If you don't have enough personnel, you get more by doing certain side quests. Afterwards they'll go stand near the club and you can hire them exactly like the guys Kiryu gets for his company.

I like to run a balanced roster of plats, golds, silvers and bronzes. Even the bronzes can be good earners if you get a customer that has compatible preferences.

Or you could just abuse fever and not give a gently caress while the money flows in.

Laputanmachine fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 8, 2019

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Laputanmachine posted:

Just keep switching the girls. If you don't have enough personnel, you get more by doing certain side quests. Afterwards they'll go stand near the club and you can hire them exactly like the guys Kiryu gets for his company.

If you have enough CP you can also just get the girls from the shrine and they'll work just fine (and there are enough of them to rotate the fatigued girls)

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Ryuga Death posted:

I must have watched this trailer like 50 times since it was uploaded for the PS4 release last year.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Pylons posted:

If you have enough CP you can also just get the girls from the shrine and they'll work just fine (and there are enough of them to rotate the fatigued girls)

All girls, including bronzes, are useful in some way. Except Chizu. Chizu loving sucks, nobody likes her.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gorn Myson posted:

I must have watched this trailer like 50 times since it was uploaded for the PS4 release last year.

What the hell its like the first time I’ve ever seen it today? :argh:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

The cabaret minigame shows the people as poor, average, wealthy, etc. These seem to be going up on average but is it connected to how many fans I have total or something like the zone I'm trying to gain fans in? Maybe I'm marketing to a better market in certain zones or maybe it's just crawling up on it's own, I'm unsure.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Agent355 posted:

The cabaret minigame shows the people as poor, average, wealthy, etc. These seem to be going up on average but is it connected to how many fans I have total or something like the zone I'm trying to gain fans in? Maybe I'm marketing to a better market in certain zones or maybe it's just crawling up on it's own, I'm unsure.

Think the primary factor is the zone - the more difficult it is, the wealthier the patrons are on average. Anecdotally I think the rate at which patrons enter on a given night is based largely on fan total.

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

Ryuga Death posted:

Oh boy, now I'm really hyped.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Agent355 posted:

Later zones have wealthier, more demanding customers. Club Mars' area has hardly any wealthy types, Club Moon's area has tons of them.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I just want YK2 to be out already on PC already...

:smith:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Technically the PS4 is a PC.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I love Kiwami 2 but good lord is it easy to cheese EXP gain by just chain-chugging appstim and pigging out in restaurants. Kiryu has bulemia :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

TopHatGenius posted:

I thought it was, oh God I have to wait more hours? Boo! BOOO!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

TopHatGenius posted:

Please don't ever call it that again. My brain is switching 2 and K and its bringing back memories of a different game.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crabtree posted:

Please don't ever call it that again. My brain is switching 2 and K and its bringing back memories of a different game.

i was about to say "yeek already came out dumb rear end"

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Started Kiwami yesterday because I realized Kiwami 2 was coming out today and I still hadn't gotten around to it. Is a "soapland" a brothel or something else?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's a thinly disguised brothel to get around the 'no brothel' laws yes. You get a bath too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Mikedawson posted:

Started Kiwami yesterday because I realized Kiwami 2 was coming out today and I still hadn't gotten around to it. Is a "soapland" a brothel or something else?

Pretty much, it's where naked ladies wash you because vaginal penetrative sex for money is illegal. Basically a rub and tug with a bath included.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Crabtree posted:

I think of the two games as Yak and Yuk respectively. It's a lot harder to mix the two up.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Jerusalem posted:

I thought it was, oh God I have to wait more hours? Boo! BOOO!

Just spent money. Have game. No more talking today, I'm officially "busy".

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Nothing like finding most of the Sotenbori locker keys only after a small stroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Wow everything feels soo smooth. And Kiyru has gotten even more violent in his fighting style. I swear he's going to kill someone one day.