Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

halberd high on the list but it's also so long that it will get blocked by every wall in the state county lines. . .

Use your thrusts and upward swings if you're trapped near walls. Also, don't get trapped near walls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Taintrunner posted:

Man I had a fuckin' incredible streak with the Executioner Sword tonight, I'm so pissed I didn't have a way to record them. I think jumping into a 1v1 server was a huge help in getting the flow down, definitely try it.

If you want a free kill, swing an Executioner Sword at me. I hate those things.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

username/post combo synergy goin on here

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game rules.

Been a good two rounds.

Ichabod Tane fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 8, 2019

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Heater Shield spotted

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Section Z posted:

Yeah, unless it's already a loving huge weapon in the first place (or just long and fast enough to make up for it like staff), Blunt itself seems pretty :sigh: and the claimed gimmicks of "Better vs armor" and "The stamina drain matters!" feel very In Name Only.

The Warhammer in particular stands out. The only thing it has going for it, is that the pointy side deals high headshot damage vs armor :pseudo:

Meanwhile, It's blunt end deals worse damage to a chest covered in armor than the AXE. While the pointy end vs bare chests is... also horrible, at 49. Then it drops like a rock to 30/24/20. (and again, it's blunt side is worse than the slicey axe vs body armor).

I've had fun treating it as a gimmick finishing touch/opening move weapon. Because nobody expects a blunt hammer that lists 50 damage to a helmet, to list 70 damage to helmets with the sharp end. But it just doesn't seem to have anything going for it beyond trying for headshots with the pointy end.

Feels more like the eveningstar and maul are cool because they are HUGE, so they basically had to give them good damage across the board.
At every tier blunt does have better damage breakpoints against armor to kill them in less hits than other weapon types.

The warhammer can 2-shot full tier 3 armor players with headshots. The axe cannot.

The 70 damage alt-warhammer headshot lets you flip the grip and land a bodyshot on tier 3 armor to kill.

I think you have to appreciate that the warhammer only costs 2 points.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
technically the only flat rule slashing has over blunt weapons is that it can cut through and hit multiple targets

in practice this is usually bad as that's how you TK, but.

Usually they're also a big faster tho

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Squeezy Farm posted:

Heater Shield spotted

Heck ya. First one was eveningstar and the second heater shield and bastard sword

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

technically the only flat rule slashing has over blunt weapons is that it can cut through and hit multiple targets

in practice this is usually bad as that's how you TK, but.

Usually they're also a big faster tho

Honestly I prefer the hit through in every situation. If there aren't teammates nearby then you get to do damage to multiple enemies. On the other hand, if pubbies are nearby then you don't have to worry about them getting in your way and stopping your attack with their face.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gobblecoque posted:

Honestly I prefer the hit through in every situation. If there aren't teammates nearby then you get to do damage to multiple enemies. On the other hand, if pubbies are nearby then you don't have to worry about them getting in your way and stopping your attack with their face.

Sadly pubby faces still stop your swing even with edged weapons.
UNLESS you happen to do enough damage to kill them. Then, just like a blunt weapon killing an enemy, the swing carries right on through.

One advantage of of edged weapons is that you can do followup combo swings after the sword passes through your enemy, whereas with e.g. a warhammer your combo has to stop when the weapon hits an enemy and interrupts its swing.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

this game has introduced to me the fine pleasure of braining rich bitch knights as a rock throwing peasant

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All I see are stab spammers am I just supposed to go shield and sword or something?

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

All I see are stab spammers am I just supposed to go shield and sword or something?

No, just morph to a swing when you chamber and they will die. A shield will actually be a hindrance to you on this because if they are spamming and you are just blocking over and over they'll wear you out and kill you anyway.

This game heavily punishes defensive play.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Wheeee posted:

this game has introduced to me the fine pleasure of braining rich bitch knights as a rock throwing peasant

there was a dude running around in a duel server tonight dressed as Jon Snow, which it was pretty accurate not gonna lie, but it required his helmet being off. He caught a lot of 1-hit kills lol

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Wheeee posted:

I killed a guy in full armour with a carving knife(a weapon which doesn't stagger on hit and did 8 damage to him on headshots) and he was so mad about it that he spent the rest of the game suicide charging at me while I sat behind my team throwing rocks at him.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

this game needs saracens and samurai and poo poo

pity about all the chuds in this game

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Wheeee posted:

Yeah, I'm really hoping they'll keep adding in a wider variety of weapons from other eras and locations. We've got like half a dozen varieties of two-handed straight sword around, surely there's room for some cool poo poo from elsewhere, too.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Wheeee posted:

I hope at some point down the road the Deadliest Warrior people team up with them like they did with Chivalry, it'd be so much more interesting here.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If they do add that I hope it's in a completely separate expansion, Deadliest Warrior style. I kind of like the narrow thematical focus that Mordhau has right now.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
gimmie a sling

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
https://i.imgur.com/jXTIAiL.mp4

Alex can't blame the globalists for this one.

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth

Motherfucker posted:

gimmie a sling

This.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Pretty sure I hit my peak tonight with scything off three heads in one glorious swing. Peasants are truly the best and I'm never going to get that lucky again.

Estel
May 4, 2010

This is great and fun, i got 20-13 on the first game i played with it.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://clips.twitch.tv/AdventurousConsiderateAntelopePipeHype

rip zackawack

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

If they do add that I hope it's in a completely separate expansion, Deadliest Warrior style. I kind of like the narrow thematical focus that Mordhau has right now.

id love a big mixed dual mode with proper matchmaking though

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'd loving love a Mordhau: Deadliest Warrior 2. C:DW was so loving good, better than main Chiv ever was imo. loving around as a pirate was the best.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Abusing the ever-loving gently caress out of the Spartan's falcata to hew off legs was the only time I ever approached mediocre at Chivarly.

E: Also six team skirmish was the coolest poo poo ever, getting to see how everyone played each faction differently and the weird situations that would emerge. The entire ninja team "sshhh"ing each other the whole match. gently caress that game was great.

Orv fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 8, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

yall are romanticizing it it was all loving terrible when you actually tried to play

Orv
May 4, 2011

Motherfucker posted:

yall are romanticizing it it was all loving terrible when you actually tried to play

I mean it wasn't balanced in the slightest, even more-so than normal Chivalry but it came out before everyone learned to abuse reversals and helicopters and was just good fun.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Wheeee posted:

Look at you trying to appropriate other cultures. Perhaps you’ve been the chud all along.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

game sure does have a shitload of gross nerds tho

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Motherfucker posted:

Nope, it worked absolutely fine and was a great time all around.

Orv posted:

I mean it wasn't balanced in the slightest, even more-so than normal Chivalry but it came out before everyone learned to abuse reversals and helicopters and was just good fun.
In my experience it never really had the problem with them even while main Chiv was loving lousy with that poo poo. Also the playerbase seemed much more chill on average, too. I remember jumping onto some DM server where some oldtimer was tutoring a bunch of new players and everyone was having a good time. Another match all pirates congregated in one corner of the map and just drank rum and spammed our stupid voice emotes, not fighting apart from wrecking anyone who wandered in trying to start poo poo.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nordick posted:

In my experience it never really had the problem with them even while main Chiv was loving lousy with that poo poo. Also the playerbase seemed much more chill on average, too. I remember jumping onto some DM server where some oldtimer was tutoring a bunch of new players and everyone was having a good time. Another match all pirates congregated in one corner of the map and just drank rum and spammed our stupid voice emotes, not fighting apart from wrecking anyone who wandered in trying to start poo poo.

A bunch of the way they built DW was meant to fix that kind of stuff and then most of the Chiv community didn't keep playing it which was a shame. I loved that thing.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I liked war of roses more than chiv.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, DW actually mitigated the worst of the windmill shenanigans by scaling damage to how far along your attack animation was. Though at the same time it also scaled up the speed of just about everything, which was a bit of a step down from the more measured pace of vanilla Chiv.

And yeah, Spartan owned. Throw your spear at the first opportunity and then just go chunking fools with the hugeass falcata. :getin:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah I really hope they add other cultures to this. Samurai being the obvious choice, then saracens, and letting everyone mix and match gear and weapons into some sort of ridiculous hybrid would be rad as hell.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Motherfucker posted:

game sure does have a shitload of gross nerds tho

:black101: on the bright side, once you get good, you get to brutally murder them!

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I'm still awful at this game but I'm having a great time being awful.

For the time being I just turned the chat window off to avoid 99 percent of the community's garbage but it always makes me sad that I have to do that by default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

How does it feel to be Iron Fist?

Diogines fucked around with this message at 15:04 on May 8, 2019