Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Just lol if you think there is any chance of Arya or Sansa dying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If d&d actually had the balls to kill arya I will take back every bad thing I have said about game of thrones (season 8)

Dunno what the reasoning is Sansa being unkillable, but she doesn’t have a good arc for someone to murder her I can think of so you’re probably right

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jon, halfway through the battle at King's Landing, abruptly leaves and starts back north. We see a scene of Sansa looking over Winterfell's battlements to watch Jon.....who just walks right past continuing north.

Jon is at the eastern wall breach, watching the sun set as he sighs heavily.

Just as the last fingers of sunlight begin to dwindle, we hear the familiar voice of Tormund Giantsbane:

"I thought you might come back, crow."

Jon smiles as he replies "I couldn't do it Tormund, I couldn't live that lie any longer."

"Me either." Tormund grunts as he pulls Jon close and kisses him on the mouth.

*Camera pans out in a spiral to Celine Dion Titanic music*

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Sansa is now the voice of reason and obviously the smartest women in Westeros, so she can't die as she has to make sick jokes and predict how Cersei dies. After all she was the only person seeing through Cersei's lies.

Also look at the lady, she's probably twice the size of Kit Harrington. Tall women make good queens.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Methanar posted:

because its been deemed necessary that every character's story arc has to be thrown away at the last moment

see also: sam, beric, littlefinger

the hound is like the last remaining character with meaningful development that hasn't been completely trashed.

Cleganebowl goes down. The Hound faces up against the Mountain, brother vs brother though with a bittersweet tang as the Hound laments he wishes he could have killed the bastard the first time as well... when out of nowehere Brienne connects an elbowdrop from the assassin's perch she's been hiding on, exploding the Mountain's head. The hound looks on in shock.
'Now who has the sore vagina?' Brienne says with a smirk.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

The Mountain removes his helmet before the final fight and it's actually Joffery's tiny head on the Mountains body.

It looks so bad that people on both sides of the fight start cracking up.

Qyburn starts getting super pissed and starts shaking with his face growing red with anger.

His hand pin falls off and his entire robe flies off in the wind leaving him mad, red, and nude.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

A Handed Missus posted:

they spent 11 weeks of night shooting for episode 3

It was night during episode three?

Also this thread is not the thread that was promised. Less complaining about how bad the show is and more clips of Melisandre pls

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Sansa dying for any reason would just be cruel and dumb.

Arya dying would just be dumb.

Cersei "should" die but killing her is dumb.

Tyrion's death missed its window of significance when he could have been the voice of reason for the crazy dragon lady.

Jaime dying can't possibly mean anything anymore.

Sandor dying or not dying against Gregor is equally a good ending for his arc as he's the only character who has one.

Fuckboy Pirate has to die.

Dany absolutely has to die.

Hot Pie.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Are you excited for the Doom of Valyria spin off, about the sole surviving member of the Golden Company trying to get out of the ruins of Valyria while fighting greyscale zombies and pink-mast demons? Along the way he's collecting all the artifacts that Urine Greyjoy should have, which explains why he doesn't in these games of thrones.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Be hosed!!

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I hope everyone dies of preventable middle ages illnesses.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I hope gendry unites the proletariat and overthrows the feudal system

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Typo posted:

you guys have read the leaks right?

This is from an industry forum, it doesn't seem to be fake but we can't verify much right now. (Part 1 and Part 2)

Euron's fleet take down Rhaegal
Jame betrays the North and Missande is captured.
Dany's army captures Jaime and Brienne can't reason with him
Sansa tells Tyrion that Jon is a Targaryen and he tells Varys. Vary's betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better King.
Cersei has Missandei executed
Dany has Vary's executed and Dany assaults Kings landing in a one sided fight
Tyrion ask her to show mercy, Dany refuses. Tyrion frees Jaime and try to get Cersei out of the city.
Drgon burns Kings landing and Euron's fleet
Cleganebowl, they both die.
Jaime fights Euron and kills him but is mortally wounded in exchange.
Jame makes it to Cersei and they die together.
Dany starts executing everyone in Kings landing (Tyrion and Jon are upset)
Dany has Tyrion executed for freeing his brother
Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Dany. His family will never be safe because it threatens Dany's legitimacy
Jon tries to talk to Dany but she ignores him thinkig she is justified.
Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and to turn Jon against her.
Sansa will betray Tyrion at the end despite promising to rule together.
Jon's outcome is uncertain: new Nights Watch or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show.

ok but is the starbucks cup okay :ohdear:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

gendry got rejected. this foreshadows the new little finger, middle finger

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

sinnesloeschen posted:

ok but is the starbucks cup okay :ohdear:

HBO killed it actually. They mercilessly cut it out.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The writing and storytelling are so weak that I honestly don't even know what Jamie intends to do.
Is he mad at Cersei for sending Bronn to kill him? Does he want to save her?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

gendry and arya are just going to redux robert's rebellion when they overthrow mad king bran in the sequel

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018
I really hope the “Bran becomes king” spoiler is true because it’s so terribad that it almost circles around to being awesome. A broke brain cripple who spent a whole season doing so little he didn’t even have, like, a single training montage scene, who has had possibly the least character development of any of the major characters becoming king because nobody can think of anyone better actually loving owns.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Pod's giant dick for king!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I hope Sansa dies in childbirth and the child also dies and she sees it so she dies in more misery than anything else.

With all the deaths in childbirth that have happened prior to the main storyline, you'd think at least one person would die during the story due to popping out a baby, but I guess not!

Doctor Faustine
Sep 2, 2018

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I hope Sansa dies in childbirth and the child also dies and she sees it so she dies in more misery than anything else.

With all the deaths in childbirth that have happened prior to the main storyline, you'd think at least one person would die during the story due to popping out a baby, but I guess not!

:chloe:

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Edmure Tully is going to be the king of the seven kingdoms

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

why do so many people believe jamie is going back because he wants to get back with his sister`?

i might have missed something, but "we are both terrible people that have done terrible things" sounds more like he is gonna end her even if it kills him, or end her and then kill himself or something

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

A Handed Missus posted:

In the books he is indirectly responsible for the Red Wedding and Stannis's defeat. Robb told him to hold Riverrun and instead he goes out and stops Tywin from retreating West. Had he not done that, Robb would have been able to cut Tywin off from King's Landing and likely Stannis would have won Blackwater.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

A Handed Missus posted:

Everyone is going to die in a bloodbath that shatters all the great houses and leaves Westeros in ruins.

The final poo poo will be a cutaway to Edmure Tully, still under Lannister guard in Riverrun twiddling his thumbs.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Bronn got some bad pussy.

But Jaime got some bad pussy.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

datajugend posted:

why do so many people believe jamie is going back because he wants to get back with his sister`?

i might have missed something, but "we are both terrible people that have done terrible things" sounds more like he is gonna end her even if it kills him, or end her and then kill himself or something

it's deliberately vague because they didn't want to spoil the multiple endings they shot

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Everyone is going to die in a bloodbath that shatters all the great houses and leaves Westeros in ruins.

The final poo poo will be a cutaway to Edmure Tully, still under Lannister guard in Riverrun twiddling his thumbs.

I'm liking this one

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jon, halfway through the battle at King's Landing, abruptly leaves and starts back north. We see a scene of Sansa looking over Winterfell's battlements to watch Jon.....who just walks right past continuing north.

Jon is at the eastern wall breach, watching the sun set as he sighs heavily.

Just as the last fingers of sunlight begin to dwindle, we hear the familiar voice of Tormund Giantsbane:

"I thought you might come back, crow."

Jon smiles as he replies "I couldn't do it Tormund, I couldn't live that lie any longer."

"Me either." Tormund grunts as he pulls Jon close and kisses him on the mouth.

*Camera pans out in a spiral to Celine Dion Titanic music*

Jon is way too short for this to make sense.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
its pretty lol that this show is literally the audience standing around going, "where's Poochie?" about Ghost for 8 years. GOT proved that actually getting to the fireworks factory is probably the worst thing that could happen to a show and I applaud the simpsons writers for recognizing that so many years ago

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

A Handed Missus posted:

Is this dude still alive in the show?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

he is still trying to hit that boat with flame arrows

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Should have just cut Dorne out entirely and instead brought on the guy who played Titus Pullo to play Victarion Greyjoy.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
OK you know what?
My money is on "Varys gets to sit on the iron throne"
After watching some playlists on characters to get me through the workday, im utterly convinced hes the best "man" for the job. Hes the only one who cares about people, and not a name, a house, wealth or title.
He just honestly wants ordinary peole not to be miserable.

So the best possible outcome of this whole mess would be everyone dying and him becoming king by rights of "last one standing" or something.

Which is, of course, not going to happen.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I might just watch The Terror again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The stuff with Jaime going back to Cersei even after everything is one of the few things that still makes thematic sense in this show. Much as I think it was a mistake to finish the political wheeling after the zombie apocalypse it's a good place to bring up how people often fail to let go of their past when they've been given many chances to become better people. Brienne and Jaime's relationship has been consistently good in the show but it is totally in line with Jaime to sabotage his own happiness because of his past like he doesn't deserve a chance at a new life even after saving the world.

That's a compelling motivation for him to go back. Too bad they did that in the span of one episode and they had to virgin shame Brienne to get there. Also I've put more thought into this stuff than the showrunners, who will just say "well Jaime is addicted to bad pussy" in the most monotone voices possible.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Bold Robot posted:

Is this dude still alive in the show?

presumably

quote:

After killing Lord Walder, Arya impersonates Lord Walder and poisons Lord Walder's sons before riding south. Despite his niece's actions, Edmure is presumably still being held captive by the Lannisters.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rewatching season 3 and LOL I forgot Stannis' wife kept her stillbirth sons in big jars of glowing green formaldehyde.

I wonder if Dany's crew found them when they took Dragonstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

OK you know what?
My money is on "Varys gets to sit on the iron throne"
After watching some playlists on characters to get me through the workday, im utterly convinced hes the best "man" for the job. Hes the only one who cares about people, and not a name, a house, wealth or title.
He just honestly wants ordinary peole not to be miserable.

So the best possible outcome of this whole mess would be everyone dying and him becoming king by rights of "last one standing" or something.

Which is, of course, not going to happen.

Apart from the Merman theories there's also a theory that Varys is in some way a Targaryen himself.

Then again, according to theories, everyone is. In that theory that's how he knows everything about getting around the Red Keep, why he shaves his head, and also why he's so invested, together with Illyrio (who's probably also, according to theories, related to the Targs somehow, or his dead wife was, can't quite remember), in getting a Targaryen on the throne (he abandoned a pretty good swindle over in Essos to go to King's Landing for *some* reason).

Then again he'll probably just die anyway. I think one of the spoilers says Dany is going to execute him. I mean they already kind of cut out his and Illyrio's whole scheme with young Griff and the Golden Company (yes, they are still in, but pretty much in name only), so really he doesn't really have much plot stuff to do any more except stand around and say cryptic poo poo.