Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Helpful tip: if you kick down a door, anybody standing behind it gets knocked on their rear end. So if you slam a door in somebody's face, make sure you step away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Been playing on Aus servers. No real racist stuff so far. Game is crazy is fun

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ritznit posted:

I'm still awful at this game but I'm having a great time being awful.

For the time being I just turned the chat window off to avoid 99 percent of the community's garbage but it always makes me sad that I have to do that by default.

I think I've seen people use racist slurs like once or twice, big deal. At least there's no voip.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Been playing on Aus servers. No real racist stuff so far. Game is crazy is fun

I haven't noticed anything like that, either, just a lot of players hating on archers or spear + shield guys.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
This game owns. I've been playing a few different permutations of a murder jester. I started off with a knife and throwing knives. Had a lot of fun playing with other lutists, lulling people into a false sense of security and then stabbing them in the back, going on long flanks to stab archers, jumping down long falls, etc. I play opportunistically, and score kills when I can, and I'm usually in the top quarter of the leaderboard.

But most importantly, I just do what's fun. I've teamkilled teammates with my lute who were trying to kill other lutists. Helped another lute player steal a horse to escape a few teammates, did a lot of yakkity sax running around. I gave up my daggers for an axe and a crossbow, and I'm testing another variant that uses an axe and throwing axes.

In short, I've become a juggalo. In my mind, I'm a barbarian who was forcibly made to become a jester, only to find out he loves the profession. I wanted to go for a funny look that wasn't totally obvious, too. Picked a deep barbarian voice, which I think is funny to hear over the lute. I just need to figure out a good song to play.

Edit: Do people hate archers? I think it's really funny to be a decent shot and play mid range and bait tons of armor wearing two handers into headshots. Archers who sit super far back and never get into melee combat are dweebs.

Mystery Machine fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 8, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I was on a server with four or so actually decent archers and the amount of hurt they could put out was outstanding. They would just clear out anyone without a shield who couldn't parry. The rage in the chat was palpable.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yes, people hate archers, both historically and in Chivhau.

Those lute-based shenanigans sound fun, except the parts about killing teammates, that's just lovely.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

Patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15407/patch-04/

10k gold as a reward for the launch problems, highlights friends, etc.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

cerebral posted:

Patch notes: https://mordhau.com/forum/topic/15407/patch-04/

10k gold as a reward for the launch problems, highlights friends, etc.

- Lute is now louder

unironically glad to see they got their priorities straight. Fun things = best things

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell
It's pretty funny that they ask if you want the gold or not. I wonder if they'll ever let us know how many people declined it.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've been accidentally TKing a few people each round. I feel bad about it but every time it's just hilarious seeing someone run into my view just as my axe doinks them.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Braining someone with the eveningstar has that side effect too.

cerebral
Oct 24, 2002

TorakFade posted:

- Lute is now louder

unironically glad to see they got their priorities straight. Fun things = best things

I was engaged in a huge melee last night in the middle of Camp, blood and death everywhere, suddenly I look up, and there is a bard strumming his lute on horseback slowly riding through the middle of the melee. Everyone around me just stops fighting and watches him as his horse just saunters slowly through the carnage. Once he passed, as if on cue, everyone started trying to kill each other again, but I couldn't wipe the grin off my face at a game that can create, and thinks to allow for such moments.

TracerBullet
Apr 26, 2003

Analyzing humor is like dissecting a frog. Few people are interested and the frog dies of it.

Doctor Rope

Pursued by bees posted:

It's pretty funny that they ask if you want the gold or not. I wonder if they'll ever let us know how many people declined it.
I almost guilted myself into not taking it because I didn't have any 'progression' problems per se...but I absolutely want that coin to get some choice outfits.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Those lute-based shenanigans sound fun, except the parts about killing teammates, that's just lovely.

It IS two unarmored people smacking you with a lute who back off the minute you do. Most people get the picture and leave or just straight up win the fight instantly, so I don't feel toooo bad.

Edit: And I DO carry an axe, teammates get the lute, enemies get an axe in the head. I had a fun moment where a teammate lutist was getting ambushed from behind and I ran forward and chopped the enemy head off. My friend noticed and used the "great comedic timing" voiceline and it was wonderful.

Mystery Machine fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 8, 2019

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Good changes so far. Eagerly awaiting the rage posts from people who accidentally declined the gold.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

quote:

Patch #4 hotfix 1

This is a hotfix for Patch #4 and removes the friendly markers functionality. Something went bad and caused them to tank FPS even when disabled. We're investigating, and have disabled them for now while we figure out the issue, since the FPS drop was extreme. Apologies!

:v:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Awesome, I bought most of the equipment I had leftover and was able to grab a couple cosmetics. Yay!

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
10k is generous, good for them.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I got my first Mordhau compliment!

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
If I wanted to get a place to familiarize myself with controls and drags and accels and stuff without fighting people, is a 1v1 server still the best place to do that? I just go in some corner and don't accept any duels? Is a single player server available for me to practice executing some basic mechanics?

Fox Cunning
Jun 21, 2006

salt-induced orgasm in the mouth
The bear traps are really surprisingly viable with the meta of today. With clever placement I get something like a 33-50% kill rate for each placed trap. Don't skip leg day.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I need to unlock the landskecht hats goddaaaam

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I got tooled on by an engineer type constantly. Bushes with Spike traps, bear traps etc. I just stopped trying to hunt him down.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

the eveningstar definitely rules

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The :goonsay: in me is getting a bit irrationally annoyed about the sword bias of the weapon selection. The loving messer actually deals more damage to medium and heavy armour than the poleaxe axehead. And literally twice the damage of the billhook. My immersion! :v:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Messer is def. out of touch. It's just a big rear end falchion from the 16th century.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Mystery Machine posted:

If I wanted to get a place to familiarize myself with controls and drags and accels and stuff without fighting people, is a 1v1 server still the best place to do that? I just go in some corner and don't accept any duels? Is a single player server available for me to practice executing some basic mechanics?
You can start your own local deathmatch server against however many bots you want. Click the local tab under Fight.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

Fox Cunning posted:

The bear traps are really surprisingly viable with the meta of today. With clever placement I get something like a 33-50% kill rate for each placed trap. Don't skip leg day.

Welcome to the club brother. Tourney map in Deathmatch is my playground.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

bear traps are so good when you don't have dumb rear end teammates who will do everything in their power to ignore your warnings and walk directly into that bush while you're trying to walk in front of them to prevent them from doing so lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

So they're never good, got it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I guess they're good in a different way. You get an opportunity to crowd around an idiot who stepped on a friendly bar trap and make fun of him. If you take friendly they may not even die from it!

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Just played a game where I got a 7-kill streak in like 20 seconds when outnumbered lol. Felt like a demi-god. I need a decent duel server to really improve though.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'm on one called "CrazyNinja's" a lot, the owner shows up every once in a while and it feels good to crush his head with maces

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This game is just ridiculously fun I hope they keep developing it

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They've got two maps planned, one is far enough along that they've shown a bunch of screenshots for it, they've got the female character models coming along nicely, and I think they've confirmed that the first new weapon will be soon and it'll be a sick rear end viking roundshield. They're getting really good reviews, I think this game will be around for a while.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Phlegmish posted:

So they're never good, got it

You'd be amazed at how many people a) skip leg day and b) lack spatial awareness.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

I'm downloading this. Can I forgo your fancy swords and just punch knights in the head as a poo poo-covered peasant Y/N

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Eraflure posted:

I'm downloading this. Can I forgo your fancy swords and just punch knights in the head as a poo poo-covered peasant Y/N

you can & it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Eraflure posted:

There's a perk(s) and achievements specifically for that playstyle.