Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rah! posted:

lol theyre gonna kill cersei (trumo) and dany (crazy bernie) and jon (jeb) and mastermind sansa will become the fair and just slay queen killary stand-in of the piss kingdoms and then thank her rapists for raping her 2 make her smart :smugdon:

she literally did that in sunday's episode during dialog with tyrion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The problem with your logic is that there is literally nothing that Dems could do short of declaring the government illegitimate that would actually be meaningful by your definition. You're trapped in the idea that as long as Dems work within the system, they are supporting that system, which makes all of them your enemy.

no lies detected

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zyla posted:

lol no

I though he gets a writers credit

screenplay writers

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The problem with your logic is that there is literally nothing that Dems could do short of declaring the government illegitimate that would actually be meaningful by your definition. You're trapped in the idea that as long as Dems work within the system, they are supporting that system, which makes all of them your enemy.

the government is illegitimate

the system is destroyed, what can they possibly do by working with the system, the white house has already declared that they will agree to nothing under any circumstances and Barr is talking about investigating the people who detailed all the (proven correct) charges levied against Trump in the first place. Nobody can force them to do anything that would ever be willing to so it's stupid to expect anything to happen until they finally accept that they may have to operate as though the real world isn't the loving West Wing

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Louisgod posted:

pokemon cards are also gamblign

Just don't gently caress with craps

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
my game of thones ending

we all go back and build a wall to keep the wildlings out

also dragons

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

euphronius posted:

isn’t grrm in the writers room

p sure that's the one room grrm avoids at all costs in case he has to actually write something

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Squinky v2.0 posted:

basically you can pinpoint where they ran out of previously written material and were writing the plot from scratch

each season went from being the showrunner’s book report version of a 1000 page novel to being the book report of the back cover blurb of a 1000 page novel

They had book material for dorne. And the dorne plot on the show had to be the most godawful thing I've ever watched. But yeah, show went to poo poo when they ran out of book material.

Hardhome was the only good episode they've done in the past 4 seasons.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

yeah and?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

how did he War of the roses end

Some third-rate Lancaster wound up on the throne.

It would be if like Lancel Lannister was made king in the end.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

euphronius posted:

screenplay writers

he does but only in the sense that he gave them a rough outline for the finish

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Gravy Jones posted:

So are about half the toys in toy aisle. I honestly wouldn't have a problem if they banned blind-bag stuff that targets kids. That stuff is just as predatory as a lot of loot box bullshit.

oh god my kids ask me for that poo poo all the time, and when you get down to it even those small plastic animals in the eggs is a form of gambling.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the Dems are working within the system and are on record saying that they intend to preserve it, they are hapless and willing accomplices to everything going on

they've been handed legal loopholes before and, guess what, just like they're gonna do this time they're gonna ask Trump's permission before using it

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

euphronius posted:

screenplay writers

He wrote (directed?) some episodes for the first 5ish seasons. Then didnt do anymore to focus on writing the next book lmao

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007
ben shapiro can lick the poo poo off my rear end in a top hat

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

He wrote (directed?) some episodes for the first 5ish seasons. Then didnt do anymore to focus on writing the next book lmao

thank you my info is old

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

the Dems are working within the system and are on record saying that they intend to preserve it, they are hapless and willing accomplices to everything going on

they've been handed legal loopholes before and, guess what, just like they're gonna do this time they're gonna ask Trump's permission before using it

:hai:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Aha, but this time the voters will see how unreasonable the GOP is.

*2020*

Ah, well, nevertheless ...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
also if you want a good pod cast on loot boxes / cards being gambling

https://headgum.com/robot-congress/robot-congress-52-are-loot-boxes-gambling-ft-marc-whipple

also here is dead thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841413

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

restricting sale of skittles to adults because it's a gamble whether or not you're going to get the flavors that you like

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

as I’ve said the only things the Dems can do is organize the house as a unitary gov and start the revolution

everything else is just fascism

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/NWSEastern/status/1125864549528293377

Barry! :obama:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
hey trurrp thread, im just listening to a 12 year old on cnn talk about how he was hiding in a closet holding a metal baseball bat during our weekly school shooting in our normal country

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

I want Trump to say 'Humberto' so badly now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not mad or angry about it, it's just a fact, the government is illegitimate, and it's not surprising because even at its best our system was pretty fuckin lovely and bad

the no-hopers aren't calling Dems worthless they're inventing West Wing scenarios where the system is somehow able to reform itself from within for greater popular representation and benefit as though that isn't explicitly designed against

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Im elda

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

euphronius posted:

as I’ve said the only things the Dems can do is organize the house as a unitary gov and start the revolution

everything else is just fascism

they will not do that though because the risk reward is too skewed for them

like even in fantasy novels the only time there is an event like that is when it is some entitled but temporarily embarrassed person who is doing it primarily for personal gain and revenge and also yeah lets also do some reform

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Obummer strikes again!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

what the gently caress, KAREN???

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Addamere posted:

they will not do that though because the risk reward is too skewed for them

like even in fantasy novels the only time there is an event like that is when it is some entitled but temporarily embarrassed person who is doing it primarily for personal gain and revenge and also yeah lets also do some reform

I know they won’t

just pointing out that we are doomed to white supremacy until all civilization breaks down due to coastal displacement

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
dicks out for humberto, dicks out for humberto

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

cant wait for all the seinfeld jokes during hurricane jerry

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

the government is illegitimate

the system is destroyed, what can they possibly do by working with the system, the white house has already declared that they will agree to nothing under any circumstances and Barr is talking about investigating the people who detailed all the (proven correct) charges levied against Trump in the first place. Nobody can force them to do anything that would ever be willing to so it's stupid to expect anything to happen until they finally accept that they may have to operate as though the real world isn't the loving West Wing

This is doomsaying

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I hope I don't get killed by Hurricane Rebekah. Why's it spelled wrong?

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

cant wait for all the seinfeld jokes during hurricane jerry

i trust seinfeld2000 will handle hurricane jerry with respect

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Rebecca spotted

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

game of thrones’ biggest problem is that everyone is starting to realize it’s impossible for the show to have another episode as good as winds of winter

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

sandoz posted:

what in the gently caress

it's been the best animated comedy currently airing since like its third season or so

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

tenderjerk posted:

Want to talk about how brie larson is not a very good actor in captain marvel but don't want to be automatically dismissed as some woman-hating incel shitlord :ohdear:

i didnt see it and i dont know how she is as an actor but never forget that the failure could be on the script or directions. i know ive used this example here before, but the star wars prequels demonstrated some of the worlds worst acting from some otherwise talented actors. actors should do what they can to elevate any material/direction they're given, but at the end of the day, they're still constrained by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

PostNouveau posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4gBhg3oZb0