Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

spit on my clit posted:

they've spent over ten years making avatar 2 you can't expect me to believe they'd be putting out new avatars that often

They've been making all of them at once. They've been making five 200 million dollar movies at the same time. That level of hubris deserves god's harshest punishment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

They've been making all of them at once. They've been making five 200 million dollar movies at the same time. That level of hubris deserves god's harshest punishment

bearing DC's curse?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
If someone can't lay down on your couch or a bed without swiping a bunch of pillows to the floor, you have too many loving pillows. Decorative pillows don't look good. Nobody likes them. gently caress duvets too. Beds are not a decoration, they are a place to sleep, just keep a sheet on it, a blanket if it's cold. Nothing else.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

If there was an economic collapse and the Trump refused to leave office and America broke apart into civil war and sectarian violence and suicide bombings, and millions died, it would all be worth it if it stopped this

You know that it's possible to not watch a movie, right?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If someone can't lay down on your couch or a bed without swiping a bunch of pillows to the floor, you have too many loving pillows. Decorative pillows don't look good. Nobody likes them. gently caress duvets too. Beds are not a decoration, they are a place to sleep, just keep a sheet on it, a blanket if it's cold. Nothing else.

The only unwelcomed pillows are the uncomfortable ones with like beads or itchy decorative threads and stuff. I got 8 pillows on my bed, but they're all just regular bed pillows and it loving rules to sleep in a big ol' nest of pillows and blankets.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only unwelcomed pillows are the uncomfortable ones with like beads or itchy decorative threads and stuff. I got 8 pillows on my bed, but they're all just regular bed pillows and it loving rules to sleep in a big ol' nest of pillows and blankets.

I agree that the scratchy ones are the worst offenders, but for some reason I can't even stand multiple comfortable pillows. I just want one. I've been to hotels with 6 equal pillows and i'll wake up with at least 4 of them on the floor.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8? God drat

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yup. But they're old so each one is only like an inch thick.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
I cite La Casita (a local chain) as my "not sure if authentic." The Enchilados Poblano are loving AMAZING, but anything with even a little less spice tastes very incorrect.

PHUO: Corn tortillas are the only correct tortilla for quesadillas.

Temaukel
Mar 28, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tubgoat posted:

Corn tortillas are the only correct tortilla for quesadillas.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
My PHUO is probably liking flour tortillas and even crunchy gringo tacos over corn tortillas.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
taco bell makes the best tacos if you eat them right when you get them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I crave Taco Bell approximately once every two years and it’s inedible at all other times. I just wish crunchy tacos were more widely accepted.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I tried McDonald's recently after over a decade hiatus and the burgers are really horrendous. Fries are still good though.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
PHUO: Nickelback rocks. And not just because one of their songs has a Dimebag solo in it.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

i live in an area that's heavy with mexican immigrants, and whoever isn't an immigrant is probably like 1st or 2nd generation in the united states. there are taco places everywhere as well as taco trucks and taco carts, and all of them serve food that's not very different from what you can get at a del taco or a chipotle.

taco bell is actual trash though. like, the Kids Cuisine pudding dessert of food

if you took one of those lovely 70s recipies where you put a vegetable medley and cocktail shrimp into a gelatin and shoved it into a stale flour tortilla and served it all in a brandy snifter, it would be better than a taco bell tostada

edit: gently caress it now i'm mad at taco bell so much

Rainbow Knight has a new favorite as of 05:51 on May 8, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
man those tacos, delicious. those quesaritos, delicious. best part is they have pepsi drinks - nobody has pepsi drinks but those other places i hate

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Tacos really aren't that good.
Mexicans eat at Taco Bell all the time

darkhand has a new favorite as of 06:10 on May 8, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Taco Bell isn't all that good and never has been but they're definitely a company that knows why they exist.

It's 1:00 a.m, you're drunk, you have $4, and that can buy you multiple tacos at a Taco Bell. You're welcome.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

veni veni veni posted:

It's always made me lol that all of the food that Mexican people I've known make and eat, would be dismissed as inauthentic by white food snobs.

A Mexican dude I used to work with brought some tacos to work that his wife made. Basically just seasoned ground meat wrapped in fried tortillas. drat good though.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
World-wide, like, 90% of "authentic" cuisine is peasant food. It's good! But it is what it is.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Of course it is. Worldwide, most of us are peasants.

It IS hilarious how peasant food from somewhere else becomes high cuisine in one's own country simply because of the marketing/impression of 'exoticism' tho, yeah

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Who the hell only has four dollars

Do you still use cash in America?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Of course it is. Worldwide, most of us are peasants.

It IS hilarious how peasant food from somewhere else becomes high cuisine in one's own country simply because of the marketing/impression of 'exoticism' tho, yeah

The funniest thing is that the peasant food was usually the healthiest in the end. It also turns out that if you give some random group of people a thousand years and a list of ingredients and they'll figure out some incredible things.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Collapsing Farts posted:

Remember how hard the media worked to pretend Donald Trump was a human being and how hard they're working now to equivocate Nazis with people who want social justice? They work ten times harder to paper over the fact that Americans are in hilarious amounts of debt, independent of most rents being considered financially-burdensome by the government's own guidelines (1/3 of income or something around there).

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Collapsing Farts posted:

They still use cheques too.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Only people over a certain age.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

You will pry my throw pillows from beneath my cold, dead head

Doctor Spaceman posted:

No

E: only robots don’t cry at the end of Fellowship of the Ring

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:53 on May 8, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’ve had the same checking account for 25 years and I’m still on my second box of checks lol. I’ve never used them for anything but rent and oddball poo poo here and there.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

Remember how hard the media worked to pretend Donald Trump was a human being and how hard they're working now to equivocate Nazis with people who want social justice? They work ten times harder to paper over the fact that Americans are in hilarious amounts of debt, independent of most rents being considered financially-burdensome by the government's own guidelines (1/3 of income or something around there).

no politics you stupid motherfucker good lord nobody wants to read this garbage in a thread where we whine about fast food and people who take too long to cross the street

edit: and gently caress the new york knicks

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 21:18 on May 8, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

veni veni veni posted:

I’ve had the same checking account for 25 years and I’m still on my second box of checks lol. I’ve never used them for anything but rent and oddball poo poo here and there.

Why don't you use direct bank transfer to pay your rent? That's what everyone does in Finland, you couldn't pay rent with a cheque (or cash) if you tried.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I have existed just about as long as veni veni veni’s bank account and have never written a check, or a cheque. I learned how to write one in school when I was like 13?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I like checks just because people have come up with some interesting ways to commit fraud, like check kiting, which have led to some decent movies. They can probably go away now, though. Their only use is to piss people off at the grocery store while the cashier has to call over a manager who has to try and remember what to do to accept it.

I don't want cash to ever go away though. For financially irresponsible idiots like me it's a lot easier to control my spending when i'm reminded of how much money I have left every time I open my wallet. Also splitting checks at a restaurant is annoying, especially if shared appetizers are involved. It's not difficult, it just bothers me because if you get stuck with the appetizer fully on y our card and the guy promises to pay you back when he gets cash, you end up getting screwed because most people are smug anti-cash zealots now and he'll never get it, and both of us will probably forget about it if we do a "you can get the next one" deal.

e: also there's no record of when/where you use cash

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 22:23 on May 8, 2019

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Cash is great for various stuff, cheques are like the thing they used to use to replace cash before the internet was invented.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Cheesesteaks should be called Philly-style hot dogs

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

Cheesesteaks should be called Philly-style hot dogs

:yeah: and onion sauce should be called onion gravy. because, seriously

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

doverhog posted:

Why don't you use direct bank transfer to pay your rent? That's what everyone does in Finland, you couldn't pay rent with a cheque (or cash) if you tried.

It's pretty much up to your landlord. Some ask for checks, some do it direct. most of the ones I've had have asked for checks. I'm sure I could set something direct up with my landlord now, but it takes 10 seconds to write a check and I don't really give a poo poo.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Philadelphia should be called philly-style New York

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Pittsburgh is a nicer PA city than Philadelphia.