Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I was just remembering autotune the news the other day and thinking about a program which takes any textual source of requisite length and forces it into the shape of a rock opera. Basically, separate it into songs, trying to group themes within individual songs but also threading a narrative and musical leitmotifs throughout the overall composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
From Twitter:

Refik Anadol posted:

Dear friends, our studio’s current AI research for Machine Hallucinations getting really excited! These visual studies are GAN outputs from ~250.000 photographs from @nasa HiRISE, the most powerful camera ever sent to another planet.

Hello, I'm a Machine Hallucination Engineer. I give computers nightmares.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
We as private citizens need to reclaim and fight for our rights as enumerated in our Constitution. It’s time to speak out and express our outrage at the growing tyranny of tyranny, to reject the lie that all public information is free, to demand accountability and accountability for public institutions and their role in creating, managing, and violating our most precious resource, our life force.

So as we continue the fight, I hope everyone will join me in standing with this cause.

"The struggle that has been waged for your freedom is a fight that could not be won."— Thomas Jefferson

Like the FYAD one earlier, this is from https://talktotransformer.com/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Farecoal posted:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

What an amazing prompt:

quote:

A man walks into a hospital. He talks to the receptionist. He talks to the doctor. He sees his wife. There has been a miscarriage. Does anybody want the pregnancy tested? Is that ok? So we will look into it, that's all." But how is the woman going to deal with it afterwards? She looks at us and she says... "Can we just go home right now, please?". If you give her that, she'll be just as upset as we are.

One of the things that's interesting about the film is that it is so often a man's experience which he finds challenging, which he seeks to address. "As someone who is trying to have a baby, I think that we all deal with infertility a little differently. The challenges and how they feel to me, a lot of the time, are very different," he says. "I've been asked several times, 'How am I not pregnant yet?' And so, that's the nature of being. You don't really know and sometimes you don't know."

True to form, the AI got back to the man's experience very quickly.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I’ve been pasting in little in-jokes between me and my friends and it’s been pumping out gold. We’re all in awe of it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I decided find more about this classic:

e.

Kennel has a new favorite as of 01:35 on May 9, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Farecoal posted:

quote:

I poo poo my pants. I can't believe this. These people think they're cool with this poo poo. The guy I wrote in my book: Do you have any idea who the poo poo is going on around here? They believe they're doing it because their mothers gave them this thing. They believe in it. " I didn't go there to write that poo poo. But I am one of those people."

And then I went to an AA meeting. And when they opened their meeting with, "We have been struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts as parents of young adults," I was absolutely outraged. I thought, "Is that a joke?" Well, it wasn't a joke, you know? Why would something like that be given a lot of attention if it isn't a legitimate situation? And also what I heard in that meeting is: this is not depression. This is just the culture. It's so much more. It's this thing you can find anywhere on the internet. You can check out everything.

Well OK then, Mr. AI. You, uh...you do you. Pants making GBS threads right into addiction and crippling depression. That's...a thing I guess?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well OK then, Mr. AI. You, uh...you do you. Pants making GBS threads right into addiction and crippling depression. That's...a thing I guess?

Holy poo poo, this gets real as gently caress

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:cool:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
A miscarriage doesn't turn you into a sad sack of tears for the rest of your life. People move past it and heal. But it is ever in your best interest to stay on edge so that you don't bleed out in pain, that would be my advice to you."

"Just let it pass."

"Yes."

"I'm going to lose weight," the woman says quietly.

"And I'm going to get through this."

For the first time since she got the ring, there's silence in the room. And that's all she needs. She has to let go of it all.

When she opens her eyes, she realizes she's awake. She makes a note to write that down and it feels great when the notes start to come as soon as she closes their mouths. She makes a new note, not saying a word.

Then her hair comes in short blushes. "Why the hell did I choose someone just so I could lose a few pounds?"

"Because it's a way to say a girl you wanted didn't want to marry you," Amy answers. "

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1125940169964548097

I really question the claim here that it's "technically doable", between the fact that you can't cream flour, the double-use of the syrup, and the call for 8 ounces of "chunky whites",

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
A miscarriage doesn't turn you into a sad sack of tears for the rest of your life. People can move past it and heal. They never do. And if you're going to tell anyone or tell yourself to shut up, tell them to tell you to shut up too, because you'll have to tell them if they are going to tell anyone.

As a child, I would have been more concerned about the pain or suffering or pain of other children, and less concerned with myself (like, say, with my own feelings about my own life). As an adult, I don't feel that way

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

This does better at making SCPs with no training than the small net does with extensive training

quote:

Completion
SCP-42069
Classification: Euclid Class

Special: Pneumonia

Summary: The SCP-42069 Class Pneumonia Entity is a large, human-sized humanoid organism residing within the basement of the ██████ ███████ Residence. It exhibits a variety of anomalous and unpredictable effects when agitated or near humans.

Possible Symptoms:

A series of erratic, random, and unexplained movements of the creature when approached are followed by an initial burst of pain followed by a short, quick, but painful sensation to the lower extremities. This will increase in intensity as the attack increases in duration and intensity. The animal will eventually end up in the room it was placed in where it will try to get away from the pain and will try to escape once in the escape chamber.

If a creature encounters an unwilling person while in the escape chamber, the creature may immediately become irritable due to the pain.

quote:

Item #: SCP-42069

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-42069 must never be entered unless necessary for research purposes or personnel are present for observation. If discovered by a hostile individual, SCP-42069 is to be destroyed so that it can never be retrieved.

Once the site is secured and any other materials are collected, staff are authorized to dispose of SCP-42069, which may include incineration onsite.

Description: SCP-42070 is a two meter-wide sphere with a radius of 1 meter. All of the surface of SCP-42070 appears normal, although the edges of the sphere are covered in random patterns of text on various scales ranging from 1cm to 7cm in size. As with all text, it varies from a single word on one side to a sentence on another. The text is written in a variety of languages, including Common Tongue, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, Japanese, and Persian. While this text could be written in all the languages on planet Earth, the only word written in multiple languages may or may not be the language being translated.

SCP-42070 cannot be viewed under normal or anomalous conditions. A camera at an approximate distance of 2 meters can capture a portion of the text. In addition, a handheld device can record a few verses or words from SCP-42070. Text-like sounds are transmitted continuously from SCP-42070 and are audible by sound recording devices which are adjacent to SCP-42070. An audio system coupled with microphones positioned 1.3 meters away from and in proximity to SCP-42070 allow for easy detection of audio recorded from SCP-42070.

A copy of SCP-42070 is stored within the "memory pool" of Foundation-owned property near Site ██. On-site storage for SCP-42070 (with the exception of audio and video recordings) is located within the "research chamber".

On December 17th, 2016, ██/██/14██, an unauthorized researcher entered SCP-42070 while investigating a recent attack on an anomaly nearby. The researcher was subsequently rendered unconscious by SCP-42070.

Addendum 42070-1: Due to public outcry on Twitter, SCP-42070 has been removed from all media, as well as deleted from all SCP Foundation locations currently operating in the UK.

quote:

Item #: SCP-42069

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-42069 is to be kept in a standard 12-inch glass sarcophagus near its front door. No other personnel are to be allowed in or out of the sarcophagus at least once every 72 hours unless otherwise directed by Site-38 Command. It is believed that, should SCP-42069 ever become exposed to normal ambient atmospheric pressure and temperature, its internal temperature will dip to the point of death within two hours. Any attempt to remove the sarcophagus, or any additional equipment associated with it, will result in catastrophic explosion.

quote:

Item #: SCP-001

Object Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-001 is to be secured in its containment chamber and fed at all times. It is to also remain in constant contact with SCP-001-A during its life cycle and when it is in close proximity to SCP-001-B or SCP-001-C.

Personnel who speak with SCP-001 have experienced an extraordinary growth in mental and physical capabilities, and are now extremely skilled at navigating the surrounding areas and communicating their findings. It is suggested that all members of Site-██, as well as individuals with any knowledge of SCP-001-A or SCP-001-B are to be isolated immediately.

Description: SCP-001 is a single grey sphere approximately 1 centimeters in diameter, with a single large horn attached on its top half. SCP-001's appearance reflects a mix of mental and physical abilities of the occupants of the surrounding environment, as well as the presence of the SCP-001 itself.

SCP-001-A is composed of a humanoid of approximately 5 meters long, 2 meters in diameter, and an average height of about 18 centimeters.
SCP-001-B consists of a malevolent humanoid of approximately 9 meters in length.
SCP-001-C consists of a femalevolent humanoid of approximately 4 meters in length.

SCP-001-A's life cycle is to be monitored using regular bloodletting of the organism. When it is near the end of the cycle, the organism begins to emit a gas that is highly offensive to conventional biology.

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 02:53 on May 9, 2019

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1126291374880374784

https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/status/1126173732517474305

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Man goes to doctor. Says he’s depressed. Says life seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Doctor says, “Treatment is simple. Great clown Pagliacci is in town tonight. Go and see him. That should pick you up.” The Clown says the same thing when the doctor speaks.”

Miles, “Pagliacci is good friend of some man whose name I may know. There are no guarantees about his future, or yours.”

The doctor says, “Well, I don’t know what’s wrong with you. But we can’t risk everything.” The Clown says, “But I can’t risk anything! I’ll turn myself into a man before I’ve done all I can!”

Miles, “He was the last of the clowns. It’s possible we’re not going to be safe, and not a week will pass.”

The Clown says, “But I don’t know what’s left. This is my life now, so I’ll take mine. This is what it means to be alive.”

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Prompt: TRUMP!

TRUMP!

(APPLAUSE)

Now, Senator McCain, let me just want to say up front to Mr. Trump. His comments have nothing to do with me -- with the Constitution -- or the Constitution or our rights as Americans. I can only hope that Mr. Trump has the courage and focus to follow through on his vow on immigration -- to follow through on the pledge he made to deport 11 million illegal immigrants and build a wall along our southern border from Mexico, to the Philippines.

And I'll give him credit. We may have the most incompetent candidate in the history of this campaign. We may have the most divided race in the history of this campaign. Mr. Trump must win the Republican nomination but I am with you, our brave Republican voters, in my belief that as long as any one of us is standing in front of his or her ballot -- in front of this stage tomorrow, standing in front of

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

quote:

Who is John Galt?

John Galt was the founder of the Mormon church, but as of 2004, nobody knew who he was, who he served, or what he really believed.

Why did he do this?

Galt is a famous Mormon writer, but not a well-known Mormon.

Why did he do this? The answer is fairly simple.

As we've noted before, the Mormon Church was originally founded by two men who were "founders," and in the early years of the religion, these men were not the leaders of any religion. To make matters worse, their primary motive was to gain support from as many people as possible while building up a new religion. They took it upon themselves to indoctrinate and convert the members of the Church of the Latter Day Saints, creating a false sense of God's authority within our Christian communities.

And while they did this, they also set in motion a plot by the Church of Christ to infiltrate the local government and start a new religion based on a false doctrine.

:stare:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
lol this bot owns

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I have exclusive Star Wars Episode IX leaks:

quote:

Darth Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
And if it is true you did it, then why did you let me die? And if you say it's not true, then why did I tell you that it was true?

Starkiller: Ah, I see then I am not the first Jedi to come here! It appears you must have something special about you. Perhaps the Sith are interested. The more I learn of you, the more I am amazed

[To Starkiller] I will do no harm to you.

[Starkiller leaves Kenobi and turns]

[Bender's cage]

[Flashback to the night of Palpatine's death, with a view of the balcony, and Vader riding an astromech that appears to be flying towards Palpatine's dying body]

Sith Lord: Now look who is coming after you!

[Vader and Vader ride out towards Mandalore]

Sith Lord: [scoffs] Good luck, fellow cadets!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
This number from "Arrested Develpment: The Musical!" still needs a bit of work, imo:

Beads.
Bees?
Beads!
Bees?!
Gob's not on board.

Beads are important to bees and he's on her side.
He's got a lot to lose, now that he's dead...
Gob: You're gonna make a fool out of me.
I'm not.
Beads are important to bees.
We could kill both of them - or all of them.
You're so dumb! You could be my father!
That would explain a lot!
She's gonna regret that.
They do that for a reason.
Gob: They protect me because they do not want to see me die!
They do not want me to die!
The last part is the reason bees don't die.
A very rare event.
I can't believe it! My greatest fear has happened!
The last part is the reason bees are alive.
They're here for honey.

The bees keep bees from killing us.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Neophyte posted:

This number from "Arrested Develpment: The Musical!" still needs a bit of work, imo:

Beads.
Bees?
Beads!
Bees?!
Gob's not on board.

Beads are important to bees and he's on her side.
He's got a lot to lose, now that he's dead...
Gob: You're gonna make a fool out of me.
I'm not.
We could kill both of them - or all of them.
You're so dumb! You could be my father!
That would explain a lot!
She's gonna regret that.
They do that for a reason.
Gob: They protect me because they do not want to see me die!
They do not want me to die!
The last part is the reason bees don't die.
A very rare event.
I can't believe it! My greatest fear has happened!
The last part is the reason bees are alive.
They're here for honey.

The bees keep bees from killing us.
This is incredible.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

GPT-2 obviously prefers DS9

quote:

Star Trek: The Next Generation

In the Deep Space 9 Starfleet Operations, Captain Benjamin Sisko and Chief O'Brien were called in to discuss the disappearance of Professor Arrigo sooty5 who had been on leave for a recent engagement here in the Federation. Arrigo had been set up by the Cardassians as a mock scholar and the Cardassians wanted to send a letter to Starfleet before he left; Sisko decided it was more than just a procedure that would be high treason. After O'Brien offered his desperation for help to Sisko, Sisko agreed to help save him, along with helping him with his work to familiarize himself with the wiring necessary to fix the potato chip dispenser in the mess hall to avoid getting a "sandwich as pink as a fly's bum." With repairs on the local maintenance onStar collegeYalaors finally included Cardassian fixes to Freesides machinery. Rush, a Weyoun, was appointed "Surgeon General" after the recommendation for a female physician. After some time, Sisko…. Meanwhile, Chief O'Brien had concluded that the idea he should seek another arm and have Kitty Pryde come to the station to find him was not a good thought…. Meanwhile, Bashir got some good news. He had survived the trinary star near Lursa which steered the wormhole he was designing… If Bashir survived that he'd be doing so as an assimilated Cardassian. Worf and Odo were on the case for the Ferengi. Quark was looking into harvesting mulberry juice from monstrous fruit, which unfortunately he was this time again surprised to find handled by …sophisticated food workers! One other off screen aspect of the setting was that supplies of moonshine) were running low. Debauchery on the station continued. When Epps demanded several grams of Lysian grain and Bajoran pulp he was sent to Bajoran Singsham to be
sentenced to be shot. Later, the Unnatural Blot invades Cardassian space and the Jem'Hadar destroy Washington Spacedock using the massive wormhole bomb (which wasn't part of the deal at the time and is still not explained from either side).

The following six hours saw several more developments, courtesy of Bashir suddenly having a sexual encounter with Quark, Romwell's failure in his effort to use a Changeling to kill Klingons in their trysts and the arrival of a dangerously rare animal.

Guest Stars

Also appearing in this episode were Dukat (Arrogant) and Quark (Circus Freak):

Paul T. Lukesh (The one and only Jet) Cameron Lee Musgrave (Hot Cop):

Reference Books

Reception

AM Best Companion (Anthology, 1989): p. 436, "Quark"

4/15/01: Bryan Fuller, then President and Chief Creative Officer for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, described this episode and its characters as follows: "To me, the episode was brilliant. And yet the character was a conundrum, a teaching moment. We talked about characters like that – again, it's easy to write plot, it's difficult to write character," he nonetheless continued, "For example, we talked about O'Brien's frustration at Quark when he's running a serious facility, is a good idea? And Bashir talking about Cardassians' frustration with him and Cardassians who are trying to say 'Hey, that's just what the Cardassians do.'" (Captains' Logs Supplemental - The Unauthorized Guide to the New Trek Voyages, p. 115)

Robert Hewitt Wolfe said, "Quark is like a piece of gew,wale, turf." (Captains' Logs Supplemental - The Unauthorized Guide to the New Trek Voyages, p. 117)

James Cawley regarded this episode as "remarkably fatalistically intertwined with the original offering". (Star Trek Monthly issue 27, p. 65)

Remastered information

Production timeline

This episode aired on Tom Renda's recommendation and after the first viewing. It was shot on December 8 and 23, 1993. It was partially scripted on November 25, 1992 and partially teleplay on January 4, 1993, based on Michael Piller's script. As Renda predicted, the first viewing of the episode prompted Odo to attempt to establish a relationship with Quark, as he was distracted by his work at DS9 and by the absence of Quinn on the station. (Cinefantastique, Vol. 30, No. 9/10, p. 65)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

talktotransformer posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT’S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. RIDDICK GETS TO THE VIRTUAL REFRICTION OF HIS LIVING, ALL OVER THE MONITOR AND RIDDICK HURTS HIS EYES, BOMB HIS poo poo AND BURN YOUR BLOOD RIDDICK IS IN HEAVEN ON THE BIG SCREEN OF STORMWIDE. BUT THIS MAKES NOTHING ANYTHING TO STOP ME FROM MOVING. AS DUCKS ARE BEATEN DOWN WITH FIRE FOR NOTHING AND BEATEN DOWN BY CROSSING, IT FEELS REALLY GREAT TO GET THE LITTLE REFRICTION ALL IN ONE SITUATION. THE WATERBOMBS AND THE WATERPLUMPES ARE NOT GOOD. THEY TURN TO BLOOD AND BLOOD TO THE EGGS

:piaa:

e:

quote:

im permabanned poster niggerstomper58. i first started reading fyad when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of “irony” and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like “friend of the family balls” and “i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes” in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. finally, i realized that it wasn't really a disorder, and i started thinking that my mental image of myself was my own thoughts, so i started getting a bit obsessed with “the” fyad novel,” just to make sure. i became interested in it by the time i was 15. then, after realizing how loving weird the entire thing was by that age, i had to leave. after i was 18, i moved back to uk, where i still live now. I started studying

WeedlordGoku69 has a new favorite as of 05:58 on May 9, 2019

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Better than the original, tbh.

talktotransformer feat. Smash Mouth posted:

Somebody once told me
The world is gonna roll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
She was looking kinda dumb
With her finger and her thumb
In shape of an "L" on her forehead

Well the years start coming
And they don't stop coming
Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
Didn't make sense
Not to live for fun
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
So much to do
So much to see
I can't let it go
I don't have any ideas for those who will not be there
'Cause I don't know what to say
This is why you can't do no justice
This is why you can't do no justice
'Cause you'll lose it
You'll lose it, too
You can't do no justice
So much to do
'Cause you won't have time for it
You won't have time for it
You won't have time for it
'Cause you won

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO⁸ BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISONER. SO WE GET TO WATCH THE BAD GUY GET ABANDONED. WE GET TO LIVE THE BAD GUY'S WAGGLEED COOKIE LIFE AND THEN WE GET TO WATCH A RIDDICK SHOT IN IT. JUST LIKE THAT.

GOING THROUGH IT. HIS CRIME: KILLING EVERYTHING POSSIBLE. MURDERING AN EMPTY SHOPFUCKERS' WING, WALKING AWAY THROUGH A CAR WHILE HE'S STILL SHOOTING, DRUNKLY LYING RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF BOTH. HIS BARRING IS ALWAYS SO BAD AND EVERYONE ON HIS MOUTH

Edit
This quote from the tattoo thread is p nice

If you get a skull tattooed on your body you automatically gain the rank of sergeant in the skeleton war urns of the necromancers class, which means you are considered proficient with necromantic spells. You can choose to ignore this bonus when preparing spells to prepare as a wizard. You gain proficiency with the following skills: Arcana, Investigation, Nature, Perception, and Survival.

At 4th level, you gain the ability to change skin and bones, allowing you to gain your full body mass without sacrificing your arms. At 10th level, you can become invisible and your appearance becomes that of a dwarf. It remains that way for the rest of your life.

At 17th level, you have learned to turn into animal form. This makes you resistant to the effects of all forms of darkness. You ignore all resistances and immunities, and have resistance to necrotic damage that would target you

Beer_Suitcase has a new favorite as of 06:50 on May 9, 2019

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So now it's getting weirdly philosophical.

quote:

I want roast beef injected into me. If people are going to have questions, they should answer them in the most direct and candid manner possible.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

It's too much fun

Harry Houdini once ate 40 pounds of ham while hanging upside down over the Nile River.  I'm pretty sure he was trying to make it rain.
"The idea of drinking the piss out of your shoes, which are pretty much worthless, but not quite worthless enough, is sort of crazy, but I'd like to try it so that if it comes off my foot, I'll be able to wipe the piss and not bleed much. 

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Woebin posted:

Better than the original, tbh.
I tried the abbreviated version of that and, uh,

someBODY': { 'contents': [ {'text': 'BODY', 'value': 'BODY'}, {'text': 'STANDARD_ID_REDACTED': True, 'ret': '0818180601'}, {'text': 'TOP_20_LANDERS', 'value': 128, 'ret': '8055796502'}, {'text': 'BOTTLES': [{'text': 'Paint-by-Number', 'value': 1}, {'text': 'Paint-by-Palette', 'value': 5}, {'text': 'Paint-by-Color', 'value': 3}, {'text': 'Paint-by-Size', 'value': 3}], 'image_url': 'https://imgs.grouponcdn.com/deal/7IKVz7pRj0M0fFdjFqfJw/7ik-300x200/v1/c349x211q50.jpg', 'copy_image': 'https://imgs.grouponcdn.com/deal/7IKVz7pRj0M0fFdjFqfJw/7ik-300x200/v1/c349x211q65.jpg', 'price': '907.00', 'title': 'Paint-by-Number', 'amount': 1, 'identifier': 'Paint-by-Name', 'id': 8349408746438, 'id_str': '8349408746438', 'text': 'I've got this lil' paint chip ta be tha one!', 'truncated': False, 'entities': {'hashtags': [{'text': 'Paint-by-Number', 'value': 1}], 'symbols': [], 'user_mentions

Another attempt started spitting out code. A third try wanted me to learn about the blockchain.

someBODY, 1D1D2D12D6D11, // -1D1D2E000 D1D2D4D1F2, //-1D1D2A000 // 1D9C8C00

}; /** * * @param array[string] $body This array will contain all body parts that should appear in the final output. * * @return void * The body was finished. */ public function body (array $body) { // Add the body parts to the output body array if any // }

* * @param function()|array$body

*/

Output Output is used to send out text to the console. For example:

my $input = "text", $content = "I'm using $body to send the contents of the terminal to the user $output

";

You may use your own code to output output to your terminal, if required. You can also specify this output directly on your console:

print $output, "My code:".join("

", $_POST['output_code']['print_message_string']) or die "Sorry, code cannot be displayed";

This code simply prints the contents of the input file, like this:

my $output =

At least it's commented...?

"I'm here to fix your plumbing." She told me, but as the words failed to escape my lips I felt something stir inside me—I knew what it meant.

"I don't want to fix your plumbing." I retorted.

"No you don't."

"And I never said—"

But she didn't look away. When I pushed her away, and the thought occurred to me that I didn't actually...

90s Cringe Rock has a new favorite as of 07:18 on May 9, 2019

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

90s Cringe Rock posted:

'text': 'I've got this lil' paint chip ta be tha one!'

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. He ain't even sure how I roll yet."

A week after the incident, he was arrested and charged with criminal trespass, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He also was charged with violating probation for causing a disturbance on Aug. 18 as part of a separate incident.

"That's how we see the world around us these days," he told Channel 2 Action News. "A couple of times recently I've been talking with friends and family. People say, 'What, you're dead?' I say, 'No, I'm not dead,' or 'I'm still living.'

"A lot of people say that, but me and that police officer, it has nothing to do with them."

But several hours after the incident, he was arrested and booked into Atlanta County Jail following his arraignment Wednesday morning. He was released on his own recognizance and has been scheduled to return.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

RIP DocEvil

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ah, the classics:

quote:

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife. And yet, even amongst my own kind, not many wives are married. What then can be the cause why it is so rare amongst those who are not yet of my own race, and who have the most part acquired their riches, when there are no women to go about their households to make their children happy? To whom should the care of my children be, if they have nothing, and no good wife will come to assist them?

An excerpt from the deleted final chapter of Great Gatsby:

quote:

And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. This may give you some idea of the difference in our thinking about matters generally, than the idea of these matters at all. But I shall have a few words now.

At about ten o'clock on Friday morning, the morning after the fire, my brother-in-law arrived at our house and made the sign of the cross. I got up and said, "O, brother!" and he said, "God bless," and I kissed his hand and looked at him and I was ashamed; at last he said, "The boy's got the sign of the cross in his own breast." So they were going to put her in a cradle. I couldn't help laughing when my brother-in-law showed me the baby's face. The mother said, "She's born in God's hands." They put it in a box and buried it. My father-in-law came and gave the girl a bath with water that brought blood, and he was weeping tears. She got up and we went to work.

Very few people have ever read Closing Time, the many-decades-removed sequel to Catch-22. There is a reason for this:

quote:

It was love at first sight. The first time Yossarian saw the chaplain he fell madly in love with him. "He's one of my heroes, even if he doesn't look it," said Yossarian, who lives in Brooklyn and had never met the chaplain when they met. "He saved my life."

After the battle, Yossarian was living in his mother's house. He was at a friend's house, when the chaplain came into his bedroom and asked if he wanted to join up.

"I didn't want to tell him," said Yossarian.

He came home with a letter from the chaplain thanking Yossarian for everything. He said he was grateful for all that he had done, and he wished him well.

The next year, Yossarian and several volunteers would organize three trips to West Point to raise money for veterans returning home from Iraq and Afghanistan.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm a huge fan of the Modest Mouse song "3rd Planet." Here are the lyrics:

quote:

Everything that keeps me together is falling apart.
I've got this thing that I consider my only art of
loving people over.
My own body loving over
with me, with no regard to any
things for my own happiness, or anyone else's happiness.
I'll loving kill you. I'll break your heart, I will kill your
kids, and you'll be left with nothing, with zero.
I'm gonna loving run into your house to break
you from inside, and knock you into the loving ground.
I want you killed, and you're supposed to die as an act of
defensive self defense.
A few weeks ago,
I found you hanging in the middle of the garage
with the gun.
I had just taken off back up out of your house to
find you, you were lying there, in a coma. I took
your car keys and told you
there was nothing I could do, I was going to kill you anyway.
The gun was a Glock 23 .45
What kind of loving man would leave an unborn child like me
without any loving protection and just walk

I love it so much, in fact, that I uploaded it all for you to hear: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0FfCERguxxk

And who can forget the classic Talking Heads tune, Once in a Lifetime?

quote:

You may find yourself
Living in a shotgun shack
You may find yourself
In another part of the world
You may find yourself
The only place in this world where women are free to live without fear
In a world devoid of fear
The only place that women can go to get what they want
In a world where men can't make a woman laugh or love themselves
But even in this world there is one thing we can rely on to ensure our safety and happiness.
We'll never go out.
Every woman needs to wear her hair in a ponytail. Men need to wear their hair down in dreadlocks. Our lives are based on our sense of what makes us attractive. It's what makes us unique. It's what makes our personality unique.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'm Garth Marenghi. Author, dreamweaver, visionary. Also actor. Welcome... to my Darkplace. It's... really dark. It's like nothing you've ever seen before. A place of death. That it's even worse than you imagined. You have been granted special powers. Your powers are yours to use unless they interfere with your true purpose. They were created by a Darkplace lord in their last resting place. In order to gain them, you've traveled through Darkplace several time before. Your travels have shown you how to control these powers, which are now called "Darkmares." If you choose to use one, it will create an emotional reaction among Darkplace beings that cannot be fully appreciated, but you must do that within the parameters of this chapter, as there's a few special rules that apply. As you go about taking control over your powers, you must make sure your emotional

can't wait for a new series tbh

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

quote:

Why? I am here to talk about the last one – The Big Bang and how it has been ignored by the mainstream media.

While some people continue to believe that the Big Bang was explained by the Big Bang Theory and that our universe is expanding (or exploding), most mainstream journalists ignore how simple The Big Bang actually was. And yet, our Universe still is expanding at a breathtaking rate. The speed of the Universe is about 14.3 trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion – or 17.6 trillion times the speed of light.

There are plenty of books written by scientists that deal with the Big Bang theory. This is just one of them:

The Big Bang was a spectacular explosion that set up the first evidence for the existence of a universal force of gravitation. The Universe is very big, and this force pushes on objects to form stars. This force is strong enough to pull down the biggest.

It's like a Trump speech but somehow even less coherent.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The original ending of Animal Farm was a bit more intense.

quote:

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which. But the man was not even as we now see him. He had no eyes; and even those that had eyes looked so black behind them, and their mouths seemed so dry. Then, as before, suddenly there came, and at first I could not distinguish it from a distant thunderclap, a great yell, like thunder, which was followed by another great roar. Then the clouds parted and the sky opened into two immense white orbs which rose and fell like the mountains of Egypt, so that it looked as though some enormous earthquake had been made; for they looked as though they had just been made in a very small space, and were standing like towers in the air. Then they had turned into black clouds, and seemed to have formed a sort of circle about them. And a certain kind of creature, which I did not recognize

e.

quote:

You have died of dysentery. Your son can be born now as you have died of dysentery. Your daughter and son will be born as you have died of dysentery. You have died of leprosy. They will be born as you have died of leprosy. If you can go back in time as you did before, you have died of leprosy and will need to leave New York, as you should. Your daughter and son have died of dysentery. The man with whom you are about to have sex is not a natural husband for you. When you are about to leave, he is going to die before you can die of dysentery, and so you've died of dysentery, but you've also died of pregnancy. You have died of dysentery. You have been born with a defective lung and therefore cannot breathe properly. The man with whom you are about to have sex is not a natural husband for you. If you go back in time as you did before, he is going to die of dysent

Kennel has a new favorite as of 12:55 on May 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Kennel posted:

Dysentery

New Dwarf Fortress artifact generation looks solid