Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"He's as mad as a wax banana!"

I wonder how much of this is writing and how much is Matt Berry just Matt Berrying. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
Nah, I don't think the Baron's dead. He didn't get fully ashed just crispy crittered a bit and there was the one line earlier in the episode with "can he even be killed."

He'll be back and I hope they do it well like him just casually strolling through a scene at the end of the season.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

E. Revenant posted:

Nah, I don't think the Baron's dead. He didn't get fully ashed just crispy crittered a bit and there was the one line earlier in the episode with "can he even be killed."

the guy in the movie didn't get fully ashed either and he was dead

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I imagine the Barren is probably dead because this show doesn't have much budget and Doug Jones keeps winning awards and being amazing and probably isn't cheap.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also in the episode which introduced The Baron there was a scene where Laszlo was reminiscing of the sexual hijinks they used to get up to an there was an old woodblock print of The Baron pissing on Laszlo.

Laszlo just wants to recapture the old magic they shared. :(

Edit: found it

"Very animalistic. Acrobatic stuff, you might say."

But how can he piss without genitalia?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Alhazred posted:

But how can he piss without genitalia?

Might have a Vampire Cloaca thing going on down there

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Or just a butthole

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

muscles like this! posted:

I liked how Jeff's "Gregor" voice was pretty much him doing a Chris Hemsworth Thor impression.

Considering Taika and Chris have worked together, I am 99% sure that was Chris doing uncredited voiceover

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Or just a butthole

Yeah, that's definitely vampire reets.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
A more concerning question: What exactly would he be pissing? Anything not blood that goes in seems to come out immediately.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Renewed!!

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Nice

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Ssh! Vampire compliments only!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bloody big nice!

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Awesome! This is my most anticipated show every week so I'm super happy we're getting more

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/theshadowsfx/status/1125866355385720832

:hellyeah:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm curious how emotional vampirism spreads. Does Colin feed too much and turn someone else into an energy vampire or are they just born that way?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I'm curious to how they ended up living with Colin. I'm betting he got them out of some housing paperwork, and added his own name to the lease.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hell yes this is great news, I'm so glad this beautiful show is being appreciated.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

Hell yes this is great news, I'm so glad this beautiful show is being appreciated.
I thought for sure the show would be terrible because I didn't know the film's creators were involved and then it was wonderful and I was sure it would only last one season and sometimes this dumb reality surprises me by doing something good.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

"You have to blend in. Like us."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So glad this show got renewed. It seemed like one of those things that was too weird and wonderful to continue, I'm glad other people have been enjoying it as much as me.

Astroman posted:

That is a man who knows quality fashion.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So glad this show got renewed. It seemed like one of those things that was too weird and wonderful to continue, I'm glad other people have been enjoying it as much as me.

i got into "the last man on earth" just in time to catch what were the last few episodes of the series and I was bummed, but I realized a show that weird lasting as long as it did on fox was a minor miracle anyway.

I will love and appreciate every episode we get of this, though FX doesn't seem as quick with the stake to the heart as most normal networks

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Astroman posted:

Al Snow should sue.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Eat This Glob posted:

i got into "the last man on earth" just in time to catch what were the last few episodes of the series and I was bummed, but I realized a show that weird lasting as long as it did on fox was a minor miracle anyway.

I will love and appreciate every episode we get of this, though FX doesn't seem as quick with the stake to the heart as most normal networks
Was that show any good? I caught episode 2 or 3 or so when visiting family and there were two men already, so I figured any show that abandon's its premise that early was creatively bankrupt and never thought about it again until just now.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Was that show any good? I caught episode 2 or 3 or so when visiting family and there were two men already, so I figured any show that abandon's its premise that early was creatively bankrupt and never thought about it again until just now.

The first episode had him find another person so it was never actually supposed to be about one guy.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

The first episode had him find another person so it was never actually supposed to be about one guy.
I figured he was the last man on Earth. Not the last person.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LividLiquid posted:

I think the title was more that he spent however long after the mass die-off alone thinking that's what he was, rather than the actual premise. There's a small main cast.

If you think Will Forte repeating the same joke louder each time as if that'll make it funny is the height of comedy, then you'll love it.

I thought the first season is okay, but the character of Tandy quickly became insufferable to me.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Next episode is first one since the pilot to be written by Jemaine Clement and directed by Taika Waititi. I'm pumped.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Tandy was insufferable but I thought Last Man on Earth got better each season. S1 was awful but had a terrific cliffhanger. But I can't blame anyone for disliking it because it was very dislikable but could also be fun to watch.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/m_proksch/status/1126288847845769216

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Holy poo poo, this vampire council!

'He's the murderer!'

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The only "wierd person" they possibly missed to be an IRL vampire is probably Crispin Glover.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
That was incredible.

And I’m so glad they acknowledged there’d be a camera crew still in the well.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Astroman posted:

The only "wierd person" they possibly missed to be an IRL vampire is probably Crispin Glover.

Did he ever play a vampire in anything though?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, Willard is kinda close.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, that’s the thing. While they were all playing themselves as vampires... they all also played vampires on tv/film and I don’t think Glover has.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

He played a sexy dracula on Community.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I can’t believe the advertising didn’t spoil any of the council. That was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LividLiquid posted:

He played a sexy dracula on Community.

Wrong Glover, ya goof!

Though, I did do that costume for Halloween one year. I had to fly to Boston for work on Halloween, and went around the city with Dracula written on a toilet seat protector.

Sadly I was not shirtless.