Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
I'm kind of curious, now. What does the Newspaper comic do when the comic characters die? Does Harry Osborne just stop showing up in the Newspaper Comic after a while?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lobok posted:

Is Carole in a straight-up trance?

She got her first taste of blood

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

maltesh posted:

I'm kind of curious, now. What does the Newspaper comic do when the comic characters die? Does Harry Osborne just stop showing up in the Newspaper Comic after a while?

it's its own continuity, so whatever stan thinks is best

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tunicate posted:

it's its own continuity, so whatever stan thinks is best

They're weird about it, though, because sometimes it's definitely its own continuity with the first newspaper appearance of a villain or a guest star, but it also often takes for granted that the comic book stories, at least the classic ones, already happened to Peter.

I mean we saw Venom in a flashback the one time, and he's never been in the strip.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

They're weird about it, though, because sometimes it's definitely its own continuity with the first newspaper appearance of a villain or a guest star, but it also often takes for granted that the comic book stories, at least the classic ones, already happened to Peter.

I mean we saw Venom in a flashback the one time, and he's never been in the strip.

"Venom? I sure hope the symbiote doesn't suspect that Peter is actually Spider-Man!"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This villain's superpower is making friends.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
caroles eyes are haunting

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I feel bad for poor Harry Osborne, who's going bald at his age.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
knife man is getting a bit overhyped considering this is in the marvel universe.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if you carve a brick into a brick knife. And then have some old Asian man weild it.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Peter is going to punch the skull out of Flash, which is why there's no newspaper Agent Venom

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I think there were some arcs that also treated the original live action movies as canon (I know there was one with Sandman that directly referenced Spider Man 3 at any rate).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"He can lift a car...like I can! Is he... Spiderman?"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ock skipped the biology classes too

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sweet! Free flagpole!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

"Can't let Carole suspect", thinks Peter about the girl who, a few strips ago, was visiting his apartment, saw footprints in the ceiling and then got a confession that Peter Parker was indeed Spider-Man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That is definitely what suspicion looks like.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I like how Flash and his friend didn't seem to have realised that punching might hurt his hand and they're both shocked by the discovery.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

I like how Flash and his friend didn't seem to have realised that punching might hurt his hand and they're both shocked by the discovery.

Flash Thompson was never the brightest bulb in the universe even without the Newspaper Spider-Man brain virus.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spider-Man trying to save his love from falling to her death so of course there had to be a *snap* sound effect.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Does Harry only have one facial expression?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saoshyant posted:

"Can't let Carole suspect", thinks Peter about the girl who, a few strips ago, was visiting his apartment, saw footprints in the ceiling and then got a confession that Peter Parker was indeed Spider-Man.

"He's swinging again-- with his other hand! What can I do with everyone watching? His fist is approaching... Fast! And you better try and think even faster Pete! When that punch lands I don't know what I'm going to! And it's almost reached my face! Do I let it land and risk breaking Flash's hand? I'm about to just do that little thing because it's so close!"

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Lobok posted:

Spider-Man trying to save his love from falling to her death so of course there had to be a *snap* sound effect.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Johnny Walker posted:

Sweet! Free flagpole!

Oh man it's been a while since

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I don't think a pile of garbage will do much to cushion a fall from the Empire State Building, regardless of flagpole-slowing-downness.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't think a pile of garbage will do much to cushion a fall from the Empire State Building, regardless of flagpole-slowing-downness.

Good News: that dumpster only had thrown-away clothes, bedding, and couch cushions
Bad News: MJ and Peter now have bed bugs

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Yeah, I totally meant to do that":spidey:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Lobok posted:

"He's swinging again-- with his other hand! What can I do with everyone watching? His fist is approaching... Fast! And you better try and think even faster Pete! When that punch lands I don't know what I'm going to! And it's almost reached my face! Do I let it land and risk breaking Flash's hand? I'm about to just do that little thing because it's so close!"

Time to think during a fight is sometimes a legitimate superpower!

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Alhazred posted:

"Yeah, I totally meant to do that":spidey:

Peter apparently needs to be routinely reminded to use his web-shooters when holding onto other people.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
no one ever expects jimmy carter

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
"I've got to take a dive! Nobody would believe that Peter Parker is capable of winning a fight on his own, unless he's secretly Spider Man!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the strangest thing about all of this is that anyone would willingly hang out with flash, when he randomly accosts couples on dates to grope the girl. 60's or not, that's not really appropriate behavior for anyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I hope Lombard has Peter's face and everyone is confused that he is friendly and competent.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike posted:

I hope Lombard has Peter's face and everyone is confused that he is friendly and competent.

The doctor knew Lombard would turn on him so he gave Lombard his own face. Later when Lombard looks in a mirror he'll think "hey I thought I killed you" and stab himself.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
If you mess up and kill me while cutting my face all up, I'll stab you!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Feels like a waste of plastic surgery plot to use it on someone who almost nobody would recognise anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Hmm, plastic surgery, eh? If people suspect that I, Peter Parker am Spider-Man, then how about..." *starts carving his face with a kitchen knife*