Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

On the one hand, it's hardly a stretch to claim that CIG has no ideas and copies from other, better (meaning all) properties. On the other hand, every movie and TV show ever made with a motorcycle has a shot like that. To assume that's the one because you matched up a screengrab is ... exactly what I expect from these people. Pretty sure if I gave enough of a poo poo I could find the same shot in Street Hawk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLLiqbIkCtw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

:siren:BREAKING STANDBY BREAKING:siren:

This just in from the chairman's super gold-pressed member's only VIP pencildick yacht club:

A new sale!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/...61c23c-24424157

I for one am extremely excited about the... *checks notes* exclusively ground-based bike, in the game about spaceships, that already has hover bikes, where just touching the ground risks death by clipping. Can't wait!

Only Thirty loving Dollars! What a steal!

Star Citizen - now a ground based racing demo.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The guy who sued and lost and the proceeded to buy more spaceships is streetroller right?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
loving bikes in a fidelitous space sim. Jesus Christ.

It seems like they are going to launch with only 1 system and multiple planets and focus on expanding those planets with further star systems coming in "episodic/patch" releases basically whenever they feel like it/can actually make it work.

Hence the whole "choose your own adventure" theme coming from now is basically make due with what we have and please keep giving us more money so we can make this shitshow last forever.

They are hosed in terms of "server meshing" or whatever. Basically this screams, to me, they can't make it work. So keep people "grounded" and not flying.

Can't complain about long travel times if you never leave the planet! Not that it matters because they ALL look the same. Grey/Brown poo poo stains.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 9, 2019

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Nonsense! They'll just use the 4 wheeled car physics, and cut off two of the wheels! Or they'll just use the hover bike physics, but the "hover" is 2 feet off of the ground, forever.

See, game dev is easy!

I genuinely can’t wait to find out what happens when the invisible wheels get destroyed on these things lol.

Also I’d like to note that they STILL have the portal axle wrong.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

big nipples big life posted:

The guy who sued and lost and the proceeded to buy more spaceships is streetroller right?

Nah it’s a Reddit guy named like Firefly something or other

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

I thought it was Firefly

e: :argh:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ah ok, well it's a :lol: either way. what an omega dumbass.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

Catching up from last night:

Agony Aunt posted:

I can imagine him, stood there, resplendent, in his Star Citizen Commando uniform, fist held high saying: By the Lord and Saviour Chris Roberts and baby Lensick, I vow to never lose a battle again!"

I always imagine him as a disembodied voice coming up the basement stairs:

"MAAAAAAA! WHERE'S MY MUSCLE SPACEMAN SUIT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WASHED IT?! CHRIS ROBERTS TOUCHED THAT, MAAAAAAAAAAA! NO IT DIDN'T SMELL LIKE A USED TUBE SOCK! IT SMELLED LIKE THE VERSE! YOU RUIN EVERYTHING, MA!"

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

He's already protecting himself from the failure of SC with 'even if it never comes to fruition'. So regardless of the outcome, he can be right and have the last word.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Beexoffel posted:

He's already protecting himself from the failure of SC with 'even if it never comes to fruition'. So regardless of the outcome, he can be right and have the last word.

Being wrong is worse than.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

"drat I dont think this game is going to come out, I want a refund! Whats that you dont want to give me a refund? Well, now I have to give you more money so the game actually comes out!"

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
is this the beginning of the end now

or the end of the beginning (alpha)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

I'm eating brexit supplies and awaiting the five minute warning on Halloween

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Bofast posted:

Dear John F. Ross,
That is not an oasis. That's a mirage, you fool!
Love,
The Goons.

:golfclap:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"drat I dont think this game is going to come out, I want a refund! Whats that you dont want to give me a refund? Well, now I have to give you more money so the game actually comes out!"

"I see your sunk cost and raise you a galaxy!"

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Nah it’s a Reddit guy named like Firefly something or other

Coming for my title as stupidest backer, I need to spend more

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Streetroller to you, knave. (and it's not him)

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Someone tell the Forbes guy that CiG put out their space bike, so everything is now right and good.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

They're going from "it's not a scam!" to "even if it IS a scam it's all worth it!"

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Is Streitroller okay?

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Drunk Theory posted:

On the plus side. Crysis had motorcycles, so these might actually be physically possible.

Hurray low bar

Did it though? I can't recall bikes in any of the three (1 had Humwees, trucks, boats and a VTOL, 2 had Humwees and 3 had a buggy).

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/M4Blackout/status/1126554169412915202

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:notacult:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

That Snickers Guy posted:

An oasis of what though?

quicksand

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

DigitalPenny posted:

i think those guys are masters of open development. there was in a screen cap with commentary as i one of the dudes designed subnutica caves for like 12 hours.

Unknown worlds are top teir developers in my books, even if you don't love there games.

???

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Imagine being this lost as a human being

Oops I just made myself really sad

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
#StarCitizenPride

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

holy god (there is more):

And who even uses hashtags on Twitter these days...

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Daughters not allowed. Or, they make sandwiches for the sons.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

This won't fly.

Default text is default.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/1126563859131535360

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

star citizen!

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

When I started posting in this thread I had just finished high school. In the fall I start a doctoral program. I do believe Star Citizen will still be in development 7 years from now when I finish graduate school. See you all next year

Happy Sisyphus fucked around with this message at 20:31 on May 9, 2019

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Strangler 42 posted:

2 space ground bikes cost as much as one of those AAA games they like to complain about.

More fidelity in one space bike than 10 AAAAA games though!

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
#StarCitizenProbe

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beexoffel posted:

This won't fly.

Default text is default.

Seems about right. They probably need a hot injection of cash and their guys are probably too busy to actually work on superfluous things like bikes, so they just roll out some concept art and make bank regardless.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Star Citizen Pride?

Is this like the Gay Pride thing? People who are ostracized by society, trying to get accepted?

Will we start seeing Star Citizen Pride marches? With citizens resplendent in their cosplay, marching down the street chanting "Fidelity for all" and "We are not ashamed of our JPGs!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agony Aunt posted:

Star Citizen Pride?

Is this like the Gay Pride thing? People who are ostracized by society, trying to get accepted?

Will we start seeing Star Citizen Pride marches? With citizens resplendent in their cosplay, marching down the street chanting "Fidelity for all" and "We are not ashamed of our JPGs!"

E: loving imgur

https://imgur.com/gallery/5JdOmkK

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 9, 2019