Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Don't try to negotiate with us because some vague stuff might happen is such a low self esteem flex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Don't try to negotiate with us because some vague stuff might happen is such a low self esteem flex.

Everything you've worked for is at stake! All those hours building a brighter future for yourself and humanity by, uh, putting bags on the conveyor belt thing that goes round and round in the baggage claim

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
But I thought taking risks was a major part of having a successful business! That's what my boss keeps telling me : he needs to own all that extra capital because of the risks he took!

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Honestly, I'd rather have the 401(k) than the pension. Some hedge fund is going to buy out the company, and either loot it for assets, or declare bankruptcy and restructure the debt. In either case, they're going to default on their pension obligations, and if you're relying on that pension for retirement, you're hosed.

Also, union dues should be a percentage of income, not a flat rate; that is total loving bullshit, and one of the reasons a lot of American unions are poo poo (but almost always better than not having a union).

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
my union dues are $25/mo sooo :shrug:

also we should just have a working federal social insurance program to begin with so gently caress 401ks and pensions

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lancemantis posted:

my union dues are $25/mo sooo :shrug:

also we should just have a working federal social insurance program to begin with so gently caress 401ks and pensions

all that playstation money, pissed down the drain

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bring back old gbs posted:

all that playstation money, pissed down the drain

like tears in the rain... time to scab

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you should learn how to use the reheating function on your microwave

the instructions are usually visible on the frame when the door's open

My microwave broke like two years ago and I never replaced it because I don't miss it at all.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

But how do you make dry split crappy hot dogs at 3am

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tunicate posted:

The TSA union backstabbed all their pilots when the company got bought (basically they lost all their seniority, and ended up behind everyone at united), and dudes still resent it. Apparently after they recently got hosed over again, there's some grumbling about a wildcat strike tho i dont think its that serious yet.

that’s not a union then?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

From that list of nonessential items, personal grooming was the only i would fight to death for. once a season (12 weeks) i get my hair cut and colored (bleach required), and thats like 70-90 bucks and I tip 20-25 because its two - three hours of work. and hair grows back in 6 weeks so I could see some women going twice. AND shaving/waxing? Its 15-20 for eyebrows and 60 for a full Brazilian so my question is how hairy are the ladies ya'll loving?

And these are services you dont want to do yourself. i have and they loving suck.

You'd fight to death for a full Brazilian but not to eat lunch? :v:

I get what you're saying tho, it's lovely to suggest that personal grooming expenses are in any way optional for most women.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Reputable dog-breeder is an oxymoron.

Nearly so perhaps, but nah

My one pupper came from a good breeder. Five former show dogs. Orders taken before there is even a pregnancy to ensure homes. Lifetime guarantee to take the dog back in case people flake out. Annual get-togethers for all the littermates.

I had a drat ultrasound picture of the litter before they were born. Great family who loves dogs and does this in their retirement. They may be few, but they're out there.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The Bloop posted:

My one pupper came from a good breeder. Five former show dogs. Orders taken before there is even a pregnancy to ensure homes. Lifetime guarantee to take the dog back in case people flake out. Annual get-togethers for all the littermates.

I had a drat ultrasound picture of the litter before they were born. Great family who loves dogs and does this in their retirement. They may be few, but they're out there.

Yeah purebread stereotype problems come from lovely breading. Good breeders do xrays and MRIs to ensure good hip structures and the like (bread dependant) to see if they can parent.

That gets expensive though on the buyer so helping you nearest Australian shepherd gonna get you a poo poo dog.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

The Bloop posted:

What did you name the dog, Bougie?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1126468116987424770

quote:

Many argued that their primary motivation for leaving was a disillusionment with tech-obsessed San Francisco, and that taxes were not their main concern. Still, none had chosen to move to a high-tax jurisdiction like New York or Massachusetts.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Former DILF posted:

Don't mind me, just intensely x-raying my ten thousand dollar pure aryan master race dog to make sure I haven't inbred it so bad it has congenital disorders that prevent it from producing more offspring destined to be shown off to rich people at dog shows and judged like a cut of meat, this is definitely just as good as adopting a stray from the humane society, yep

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Look if you aren't getting them into the most prestigious puppy training school by the time they're 1, you're basically already resigning them to a future as a junkyard dog. That's why I paid half a million dollars to a fixer who secured my purebred but dumb as a rock American Staffordshire Terrier an acceptance to UC Barkley

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

if they're already rich and retired then why would they give a gently caress about moving somewhere with a lower income tax

e: ah ok so get the gently caress out then

quote:

“It seems to be a question that kind of pops up when an I.P.O. is happening and someone has substantial shares and could have millions of dollars coming their way,” Mr. Forbus said.

The sheltering move is well known by the California Franchise Tax Board, the state agency responsible for tax collection. In its guide for Californians who are compensated with equity and plan to move out of state, it walked people through various potential tax scenarios using low-tax states like Texas, Florida and Nevada as examples.

To avoid paying California taxes when they eventually sell their shares, residents truly have to move out of state. California imposes an income tax on shares vested in the state, but does not tax stock that is sold after someone moves away.

H.P. Hovercraft has issued a correction as of 22:25 on May 9, 2019

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Day Man posted:

What does any of this mean?

If you check the inseam of your jeans you'll probably notice that it's two pieces of denim sewn together with the edges stitched to prevent fraying- it's how most jeans are. Selvedge jeans have a white edge with (usually) a red line going up it (self edged). While there is a lot of garbage selvedge out there, it used to/ still sort of does denote higher quality fabric. A while back denim nerds would roll their cuffs to show off that cool white striping- RW&CO designers decided to have the best of both worlds by charging a lot for jeans and just stitching some leftover selvedge onto their crap.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if they're already rich and retired then why would they give a gently caress about moving somewhere with a lower income tax

No you see they're semi-retired, they still do that ~side hustle~ because they're millennials and they love doing that

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/lwoodhouse/status/1126142940735209472

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

Don't mind me, just intensely x-raying my ten thousand dollar pure aryan master race dog to make sure I haven't inbred it so bad it has congenital disorders that prevent it from producing more offspring destined to be shown off to rich people at dog shows and judged like a cut of meat, this is definitely just as good as adopting a stray from the humane society, yep

:godwinning:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Because gently caress you got mine, that's why.

They're probably trying to minimize their contribution to the place that allowed them to proliferate now that all their income is passive and not geographically restricted. Frankly I'm surprised they didn't peace out to another country that just doesn't tax non citizen residents.

Alucard has issued a correction as of 22:29 on May 9, 2019

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

lmao that 'several hundred thousand' is enough to retire on at 31.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Alucard posted:

Look if you aren't getting them into the most prestigious puppy training school by the time they're 1, you're basically already resigning them to a future as a junkyard dog. That's why I paid half a million dollars to a fixer who secured my purebred but dumb as a rock American Staffordshire Terrier an acceptance to UC Barkley

If they're potty trained still better than human freshmen. Or maybe it's because I went to the failson U in my state.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Former DILF posted:

Her name is Toph and she is an old lady Corgi now. I have other good puppers from rescue but at the time I had the money to spend a few hundo on a luxury good and she is family and anyone saying bad things about that good girl can gently caress right off

Also I am a poor now but don't regret that purchase for a moment!

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
aren't corgis notorious for hip problems or am i thinking of a different breed of tiny dogs

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Alucard posted:

:hmmyes:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

anyone who has paid for a dog gets the guillotine, I don't make the rules I just post here

(taxes, fees, vaccines and such don't count)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

T-man posted:

anyone who has paid for a dog gets the guillotine, I don't make the rules I just post here

(taxes, fees, vaccines and such don't count)

Costs $400 to "adopt" a shelter dog where I live. But yeah, doesnt count

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bombadilillo posted:

Costs $400 to "adopt" a shelter dog where I live. But yeah, doesnt count

funny enough, but in California now, shelters are the largest buyers from breeders. Since the ban on buying anything but 'adopted shelter' dogs went into effect the market for for specific breeds didn't go away, so the work around is now more middlemen and steps getting the dogs that were previously purchased into shelters and 'rescue agencies.'
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/investigations/dog-auction-rescue-groups-donations/

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

That's like the medical marijuana from 15 years ago but dogs.

Here the are all no-kill and take dogs from other states. So you can go pay $400 for a surrendered pitbull that's bad with kids or other pets, 90% of what's available.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

My favorite part?

quote:

Incredibly, the law allows districts to deduct the pay of a substitute even if no substitute was hired.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I know a lady who uses her spare time and money hanging out at the shelter paying adoption fees for anyone who comes to get a pup, now that’s direct action

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/SulliTweets/status/1126632264517980167

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Raldikuk posted:

My favorite part?

GRAETEST NATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This started in like 2012 and is why Trump won

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/JaydotSloane/status/1126584091372077056

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
coulda saved $1188 if they didn’t use union labor smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

terrified of my bathroom posted:

aren't corgis notorious for hip problems or am i thinking of a different breed of tiny dogs

I think they usually have knee problems. My childhood corgi eventually lost mobility and had to get put down when it tore it's ACL.