Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

Cool, send me five hundred bucks and I'll send it back to you in a week. That's no problem, right?

It isn't about the 87 cents interest, it's about the 500 dollars that the person doesn't have because they bought something that is now not coming.

If you went and bought a tv or couch or whatever and it was scheduled for delivery, but the company cancelled your order the day before and said you'd get your money back in a week, you'd be chill about that?

How rich are you?

I'm very rich, thanks. My point is in both scenarios you don't have access to the $500. The premise of this whole conversation is that not having the $500 is problematic, in which case you're in trouble as soon as it leaves your account regardless of what you do or do not eventually get in return.

Granted magic cards are more liquid than a couch or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

OBC seems to make a hobby of getting mad about money and then spending a lot of it. Maybe he thought he'd switch it up by getting mad about money and then not spending it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

muon posted:

i'll paypal Owlbear Camus 87 cents if it ends this derail

what if you send him 87 cents and he changes his mind and then waits a week to send it back?

what then????????????

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I'm very rich, thanks. My point is in both scenarios you don't have access to the $500. The premise of this whole conversation is that not having the $500 is problematic, in which case you're in trouble as soon as it leaves your account regardless of what you do or do not eventually get in return.

Granted magic cards are more liquid than a couch or whatever.

Nah, the problem is not having the 500 dollars or the thing you paid 500 dollars for. I don't mind not having 500 bucks if I have a tangible thing I value at 500 dollars in exchange. I mind if someone offers me that thing, I give them the money and then I don't get the thing.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Lone Goat posted:

what if you send him 87 cents and he changes his mind and then waits a week to send it back?

what then????????????

He'll comp you an uncut common sheet of RIX or something.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

ItBreathes posted:

OBC seems to make a hobby of getting mad about money and then spending a lot of it. Maybe he thought he'd switch it up by getting mad about money and then not spending it.

As I lumber into middle age, all of my tabletop hobbies are just part of my arch-hobby of being incredibly furious about spending a lot of money.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
what on earth

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Lone Goat posted:

Gotta say this is a tremendous meltdown over 87 cents of interest.

He's actually completely correct, dunno if that makes it not a Nice Meltdown

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
never change, mtg thread,

also:

I'm really pleased with WAR so far. I feel like limited is kind of a dumpster fire because it's "open a bomb rare or die" but the number of good cards in this set is very high and I think WotC did a good job on this one.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Yesterday I played a game against azorius superfriends with a golgari superfriends deck that came down to me winning with zero cards in deck and exact lethal on board. It was cool.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

ilmucche posted:

Nah, the problem is not having the 500 dollars or the thing you paid 500 dollars for. I don't mind not having 500 bucks if I have a tangible thing I value at 500 dollars in exchange. I mind if someone offers me that thing, I give them the money and then I don't get the thing.
lol just imagine expecting corporations to give you things for the money you gave them

next youll tell me I should care about other people and understand that their lives and priorities are different than mine

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm sure even folks getting the cards will find a reason to complain. Hasbro posted 9 April to be the estimated delivery date, when it's actually the date everything ships. Folks can expect their cards next week.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone know how to sideboard using Bolas.dek?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

TheKingofSprings posted:

Anyone know how to sideboard using Bolas.dek?

https://twitter.com/Mengu09/status/1126474232836366336

Was just going to post this anyway. What a coincidence.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

odiv posted:

https://twitter.com/Mengu09/status/1126474232836366336

Was just going to post this anyway. What a coincidence.

I’m genuinely wanting to learn how to play the deck and rapidly getting tired of everyone just trying to score sick owns on people over the value of $500 after getting slapped with a $7500 car repair quote so I figured I’d ask a loving Magic question

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I had it in my clipboard when I saw your question, relax. Fair point on trying to derail the current conversation though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

This might be super dumb but could a deck that plays KotR play Karn so that Swords and equipment can finally be good in Modern

Be the change you want to see in the world

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Watching BenS stream, and the hammer just came down on Yuuya

https://www.mtgesports.com/news/statement-regarding-yuuya-watanabe

tldr: Banned from competition for 30 months, out of MPL, out of Hall of Fame.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Did anyone start a death pool for people getting axed from the MPL because woof

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The fact that they mention reviewing previous footage suggests that this is a long-standing pattern of behaviour.

Perhaps he has a habit of marking his sleeves after getting deck checked (under the theory that he's not going to get deck checked twice, or if he is he can at least muddy the water with the first check coming up clean).

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Is there a good esper superfriends deck yet? I can't really get a sense of the meta yet, besides esper control still being a thing but I don't even know what, if anything, changed with it.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Man using Gideon sleeves dies at same time as Gideon

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

now we need to get pat chapin out of the HoF

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

now we need to get pat chapin out of the HoF

What for?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Star Man posted:

What for?

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Star Man posted:

What for?

His music

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Star Man posted:

What for?

Large scale drug dealer and shitbag.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

specifically he served a short sentence for dealing but he would have served a long sentence... except a key witness turned up dead before he was able to testify

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Since we are tossing cheaters out of the Hall of Fame now I imagine LSV is going to be the next to go.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Marketing New Brain posted:

Watching BenS stream, and the hammer just came down on Yuuya

https://www.mtgesports.com/news/statement-regarding-yuuya-watanabe

tldr: Banned from competition for 30 months, out of MPL, out of Hall of Fame.

why would you just not ban for life, like they almost did it right but then hosed up

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/numotthenummy/status/1126646778932207616?s=21

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Tainen posted:

Since we are tossing cheaters out of the Hall of Fame now I imagine LSV is going to be the next to go.

Wait what

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LSV? Say it ain't so.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

the other kind of cheating

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tainen posted:

:golfclap:

Edit: apparently this all happened while I wasn't paying attention to MTG but considering he never got the Projared treatment I assume it wasn't too scummy of a story

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I just hope Gaby's got some money stashed away when LSV cheats again.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Edit: apparently this all happened while I wasn't paying attention to MTG but considering he never got the Projared treatment I assume it wasn't too scummy of a story

It has a lot of similar story lines actually, sad as it is.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Tainen posted:

Lmao

With all of the hand wringing over magic celebs in the thread, I'm surprised he still has any traction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

No he didn't reach that level of skeeve, but it was right after he and his wife had a baby.