Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
Also don't feel sad for Ajax.
They got 90mil is about the budget of the whole national league in a year I guess, if not more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Martin BadClixx posted:

Also don't feel sad for Ajax.
They got 90mil is about the budget of the whole national league in a year I guess, if not more.

And they won't spend a dollar of it while selling every single one of their main line-up so Daley Blind can have more playtime as the whole starting 11.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Raffles posted:

some old spanish geezer is going to get powerbombed into an empty fountain

If he voted for Vox, he deserves it.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

c0burn posted:

Liverpool given an allocation of 16,613 tickets for the CL final.
Category 1: £513 (£410 restricted view)
Category 2: £385 (£308 restricted view)
Category 3: £154 (£120 restricted view)
Category 4: £60

Death to UEFA

How can a brand new stadium have so many seats with restricted view? Wtf

an_mutt
Sep 29, 2010

I was,
I am,
and I remain a soldier!

Sworn to dedicate my heart and soul to the restoration of human kind!

Raffles posted:

some old spanish geezer is going to get powerbombed into an empty fountain

please don't speculate on the future of the barcelona manager already

EDIT: was reading this article which brought up that Dick Advocaat is still in management and now I want mods to rename me to Dick Advocate.

an_mutt fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 9, 2019

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

shut up blegum posted:

How can a brand new stadium have so many seats with restricted view? Wtf

Probably just accounts for all the fat people coming

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
reminder that this pair of Newcastle rejects will be in a champions league final

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

brasstassels posted:

reminder that this pair of Newcastle rejects will be in a champions league final

I'm a life-long spurs fan, but stopped following while in college. A lot of these players were beginning their careers.

It's awesome watching their backgrounds pop into life with pics like this, I had no idea. Thanks!

:kimchi:

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

brasstassels posted:

Steve McClaren really is a dreadful manager. Newcastle should not have been relegated in 2016.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Myssu posted:

Steve McClaren really is a dreadful manager. Newcastle should not have been relegated in 2016.

See also: just about every Newcastle manager in recent memory

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Where is the europa thread

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

See also: just about every Newcastle manager in recent memory

That 5th place finish under Pardew was pretty cool.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Shares in Ajax lost a third of their value after the game yesterday :capitalism:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

De Jong has already been sold and apparently De Ligt is next. So much for Ajax, exciting young squad of footballers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Brony Car posted:

That 5th place finish under Pardew was pretty cool.

Mostly due to Cisse, Ba, and Kebab being in the form of their life

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Diva Cupcake posted:

De Jong has already been sold and apparently De Ligt is next. So much for Ajax, exciting young squad of footballers.

The only one not going anywhere is Tadic I bet. Ziyech is for sure gone, Van De Beek too.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Gotta admit, while it's bullshit that Ajax are going to be pillaged, I'd be p damned happy to see Lovren sold for a bag of balls and De Ligt brought in to come up under the tutelage of VVD.* If we're gonna have terrible megabastards, I want my share of the spoils.

* I assume that at some point he, Matip, or VVD will miss a month with injury and deeper Cup runs would mean plenty of games to go around to stay fresh. Also, I do not want Lovren anywhere near the pitch at any point during a Liverpool game unless he's playing for the other team in which case he can make himself at home.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

The only one not going anywhere is Tadic I bet. Ziyech is for sure gone, Van De Beek too.

Where are they likely to end up

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

Gotta admit, while it's bullshit that Ajax are going to be pillaged, I'd be p damned happy to see Lovren sold for a bag of balls and De Ligt brought in to come up under the tutelage of VVD.* If we're gonna have terrible megabastards, I want my share of the spoils.

* I assume that at some point he, Matip, or VVD will miss a month with injury and deeper Cup runs would mean plenty of games to go around to stay fresh. Also, I do not want Lovren anywhere near the pitch at any point during a Liverpool game unless he's playing for the other team in which case he can make himself at home.

There’s no chance Liverpool drop the insane amount of money de Ligt will go for

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

mila kunis posted:

Where are they likely to end up

The usual suspects I'm sure. Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, United, Juve, etc. I hope none of them sign for PSG.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007
definitely not Chelsea op

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

The usual suspects I'm sure. Barcelona, Bayern, Chelsea, United, Juve, etc. I hope none of them sign for PSG.

Agreed op

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Defensive stalwart Daley Blind will surely be there next season.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

brasstassels posted:

definitely not Chelsea op

Right I forgot about this, lol

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Breath Ray posted:

Where is the europa thread

lol

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

There’s no chance Liverpool drop the insane amount of money de Ligt will go for

Up pops a smiling Ed Woodward

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

True, between PSG, Man U, Barca, and Real Madrid all going crazy to make sure that their present humiliations never occur again, they'll probably bid him up to like 100m euros.

But why would a great young player want to go to those failures when he could go to back to back CL finalists where he could play with the best coach in the world and alongside his national team CB partner?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

There’s going to be silly money splashed about this window. I’d love De Ligt or even someone like Depay but I think they’re going for a lot more than Liverpool will be willing to pay.

De Ligt would be worth it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Every big club is in need of transfers badly compared to normal next season except for maybe Man City and.. it's going to be the most money spent by a huge margin.

There will inevitably be huge flops, and some might be costing a club 100+ million euros and huge weekly wages. It's nuts.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

It's weird as hell that less than a decade ago blowing 35m quid on Andy Carroll was a massive blunder when now that'll buy you about 60% of a Pulisic (who I love but who regressed hard this past year and wasn't even a regular in Dortmunds starting XI at the time of transfer).

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

There’s going to be silly money splashed about this window. I’d love De Ligt or even someone like Depay but I think they’re going for a lot more than Liverpool will be willing to pay.

De Ligt would be worth it.

Memphis Depay? Noted EPL failure Memphis Depay?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Memphis Depay? Noted EPL failure Memphis Depay?

He might be better now. I have no strong opinion on him, but didn't Man-U gave up on him pretty early?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Maybe he's the next Salah??????

He'd be the same age roughly as when Chelsea gave up on him, time at Roma, and then Liverpool bought him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

T Bowl posted:

Maybe he's the next Salah??????

He'd be the same age roughly as when Chelsea gave up on him, time at Roma, and then Liverpool bought him.

The thing is that Salah was playing in a real league, Depay is playing in ligue 1

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Memphis Depay vs Stoke is an all time eredivisee defending highlight. Hes a total trashman clown

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ligue 1 and all but Depay is good now. Near top of the league in both xG and xA. Almost certainly one of the best attacking players on the market.

He’s a Manc but I’d take him. Plus more lols at United when Klopp makes him great.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
those are some nice advanced stats about noted garbageman depay

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Byolante posted:

Memphis Depay vs Stoke is an all time eredivisee defending highlight. Hes a total trashman clown

Even as a United fan that was one of the funniest moments of the entire season
https://twitter.com/UBJeff/status/822471893827600384

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

webmeister posted:

Even as a United fan that was one of the funniest moments of the entire season
https://twitter.com/UBJeff/status/822471893827600384

lol I forgot about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU