Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
No one has the ship yet and the schematic icon looks nothing like Nanophoenix, so I'm pretty sure he's just guessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/caaFLgS.gifv

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
IB next week

New season June 4th

Raid goes live on launch day but 6 hours later

Starts at 715

Scourge and Last Wish are locked until a world's first of the new raid

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
pretty worried about the new season's content if bungie, the very definition of unearned confidence, aren't comfortable letting the meat of the new season be what brings eyes back to the game and are relying on releasing the raid right off the bat to do the marketing

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How'd you get this footage of the Jacksonville plane crash?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Angry Walrus posted:

pretty worried about the new season's content if bungie, the very definition of unearned confidence, aren't comfortable letting the meat of the new season be what brings eyes back to the game and are relying on releasing the raid right off the bat to do the marketing

It'll be too little content delivered over too long a period with a month of Nothing tacked on to the end.

I've also never seen an ounce of confidence out of them during this Annual Pass experiment. They've been Unveiling the new content typically in ViDocs about 4 days prior to launch.

Also the new raid is the meat. There will be some new horde mode too no doubt, but it will be bad.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It'll be too little content delivered over too long a period with a month of Nothing tacked on to the end.

D2Y3: 1.5 months of content spread over 9 months with a few dead months thrown in so things don't get too exciting.

But Bungie only has like a 1 year turnaround on Whisper/Outbreak missions so there will be a pretty cool thing for everyone in 2020 to spend an hour a week on for a few weeks!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

D2Y3: 1.5 months of content spread over 9 months with a few dead months thrown in so things don't get too exciting.

But Bungie only has like a 1 year turnaround on Whisper/Outbreak missions so there will be a pretty cool thing for everyone in 2020 to spend an hour a week on for a few weeks!

This is literally correct, I believe, since we're getting another Annual Pass for

September 2019

December 2019

March 2020

and then a free Age of Triumph event from June through September before we get guaranteed-turd Destiny 3 in September 2020

If it isn't painfully obvious to everyone already, we are living through a period of Destiny's life where there will be tons of "The DARK secret behind closed doors, BUNGIE'S 2019 Revealed!!!" articles.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Maybe bungie have learnt all their lessons and D3 will be the Destiny experience that will change everything.

Probably not but ya never know.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Ok now that I don't have some dumb bounty to knock out I kinda like playing Gambit & Prime if I just kill things with Skullfort and don't really care about winning that much.

Also people generally aren't running QB/Sleeper any more. I'm running Hammerhead with Jotun and killing lots of Invaders now. It's fun.

Is Reckoning worth doing before you unlock Tier 3?

Roman fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 10, 2019

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Roman posted:

Ok now that I don't have some dumb bounty to knock out I kinda like playing Gambit & Prime if I just kill things with Skullfort and don't really care about winning that much.

Also people generally aren't running QB/Sleeper any more. I'm running Hammerhead with Jotun and killing lots of Invaders now. It's fun.

Is Reckoning worth doing before you unlock Tier 3?

I think you have to run reckoning to get tier 3, but it's not worth wasting resources on the armor at lower levels. It can drop the new Gambit guns too.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Maybe bungie have learnt all their lessons and D3 will be the Destiny experience that will change everything.

Probably not but ya never know.

If they're smart they won't try to appeal to a broader audience like they tried to do with d2 but rather appeal to the d1 core audience and rely on d3 getting a better player base from executing what Destiny does well to the best of their ability.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The only thing we know about D3 is a rumor from a few months ago about how they want it to have "more rpg stuff."

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

xzzy posted:

The only thing we know about D3 is a rumor from a few months ago about how they want it to have "more rpg stuff."

It's a step in the right direction compared to watering down literally every aspect of d1 for d2 to try and get more mouth breathers throwing money at their screen for a chicken dance.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

cvnvcnv posted:

By "rpg" I was hoping they meant roleplaying game but now I want it to mean big titty anime girls in your fireteam.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

yes yes yes
no no no

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Big Titty Captain, Big Titty Minotaur, Big Titty Gladiator. I in-game and irl want to Tormund a big-rear end boobs Cabal for three months after Calus is finally murdered.

Bungie, I pour gold out from this mind and you fucks give us colored keycards instead of colored hotties.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

hello

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Bikini is far too red. 1/10 would not bang

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
i thought this was a fair trade

https://i.imgur.com/pP0ntw9.gifv

he, however, didn't and spent the remainder of the match bagging me relentlessly :v:

lol

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Is Izanagi's Burden worth getting? Seems like a long rear end quest for a gun I never hear anyone talk about, while everyone loves Jotunn and I got that from playing Niobe Labs twice.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Roman posted:

Is Izanagi's Burden worth getting? Seems like a long rear end quest for a gun I never hear anyone talk about, while everyone loves Jotunn and I got that from playing Niobe Labs twice.

Well, it's new, which means it's better than Outbreak Perfected, so you should do it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't think I've ever equipped it, but at the same time, you must collect All the Guns

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

It's not a real workhorse exotic except for the occasional crucible stunt video. You'd basically be doing the quest to fill in that slot on the collection screen. You also need it to do the "make Ada glowy" mission and cap off the Black Armory storyline, for what that's worth.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lol what?? How do I make Ada glowy?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Wait. I can make ada go super Saiyan?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gotta finish the Mysterious Datapad quest you get after Izanagi's

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Not like :ssj: glowy, more like the striated aura on the bosses or a weapon with the obsidian thingy installed. But she's really happy about it.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

That cutscene was like the most baffling thing I've seen in this game. I had no idea what was happening, why it was happening, etc, and nobody in the cutscene says anything to explain what it is. I thought my game had broke and I had only seen like half the cutscene or something. But whatever, now she's glowy for some reason, so cool.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
It's not very clear even if you've read all the lore.

Izanagi's Burden makes cool sword sound effects when you reload so it's worth it for that alone.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The best part of making her glow is that it gets played off like this huge triumphant thing but there's literally zero gameplay effect. Isn't she being turned into a mobile forge? That would be awesome if it meant anything at all!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

First is when she equips an Obsidian Radiance or whatever, she thanks you and says you aight.
Second is when you complete the Black Armory lore book, she thanks you and says y'all ride-or-die homies now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok what is this bullshit I’ve been working on this quest for two weeks thinking it was Thorn but it was actually The Last Word.

Where the gently caress is Thorn?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

edit:^^^^^^^^^^https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-20-destiny-2-thorn-quest-6007

bungie hosed up by not having ada literally say "we ride or die homies now" imo

Differo Cathedra fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 10, 2019

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok what is this bullshit I’ve been working on this quest for two weeks thinking it was Thorn but it was actually The Last Word.

You have to go to the Salt Mines in EDZ and jump around until you find a little teleporter that takes you to a camp with a fire pit and you find the busted rear end Thorn in the ashes.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bust Rodd posted:

Go to the very end of the Salt Mines (up the elevator/teleporter, where you talk to Hawthorne in an early mission). Go to the top of the hill and look for a place you can jump to further beyond the short hallway. Somewhere in that new area is the pickup to start the quest.

Differo Cathedra posted:

bungie hosed up by not having ada literally say "we ride or die homies now" imo

Agreed

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

there's no prompt for it. it's in an EDZ camp area you would never find playing normally. also 2 other people beat me to this

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I suddenly have way too many weapons I enjoy using. Crucible for me for the last several months has been Last Perdition + Dust Rock. Then I finished the Luna's grind and I have that in my arsenal now (but have yet to fire it in Crucible because I was loving sick of it and switched over to Gambit to get Delirium, which I finished last night), plus getting Fabled in Comp got me Recluse, which is rad as gently caress.. During the Luna's grind for hand cannon kills, I realized I really like Last Word. Now we have Outbreak Prime, which is rock solid, but I had a god-roll Blast Furnace that I love for PvE, but now there's barely any reason to use it over Outbreak other than pure range.. What the gently caress, I went from nothing to way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Staying varied in your pvp loadout is super fun. About the only exception on that for me is that incredibly lovely map Equinox. Jade Rabbit all day gold medal factory.

Got and finished the Hard Light catalyst (needs 1k kills but a single green room pass netted me 800). The bump in stability isn't noticeable in the slightest because of the screen shake. :(