Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

YaketySass posted:

It's not impossible that they'll give him the Gaston treatment and invent a backstory as to why he is evil, and that's basically pointless if the audience sees him as an old man creeping on Jasmine.

They went unexpectedly hard in the other direction though, given that Sexy Jaffar seems to be the only positive thing people are meme-ing about wrt this movie.

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It’s not okay to creep on someone even if you are young and hot is not the worst message to give, imo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqUopiAYdRg

Trailer at noon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Oh hells yeet.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Part 1 didn't really do it for me but the cast for 2 is basically perfect, I'm optimistic

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Part 1 was fun enough but it relied way too much on jump scares and some characters really got the short end of the stick(Mike in particular), the atmosphere and style was perfect though.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I'm not ashamed to say I liked IT: Chapter One of the IT Saga a hell of a lot more than I expected to.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'm not ashamed to say I liked IT: Chapter One of the IT Saga a hell of a lot more than I expected to.

It did a lot right, but it's the movies that are real close to being good and fall just short that tend to grate on me the most

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I loved IT but it was like a B when it could have been a solid A. Just a few tweaks here and there and it would have been a classic.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Trailer is officially out and it ruled. Movie’s going to be great.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Naked old people, my greatest fear.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

IT is Stephen King at his best - drawing forth the seedy, horrific underbelly of small town life and Americana.

IT Chapter 1 got that, and did a good job of pulling it forward to the screen. They chose the perfect scene to show that they're going to double down on that in the second movie. Loved it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Grandma in the background doing the risky business dance looked p silly.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Also, the Mike stuff doesn't really bother me that much because I was honestly tickled by the extended reference to Killer of Sheep.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Mierenneuker posted:

Naked old people, my greatest fear.

Dee Reynolds account spotted.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

It's honestly weird Hader doesn't get more live-action gigs. I guess it's worth it since his TV work is so great, maybe he just doesn't feel the need to take paycheck gigs

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want my fuckin clown boi

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

TAKE MY MONEY!!!

Spun Dog posted:

Dee Reynolds account spotted.

lol

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I wonder if there was any special effects for how the old lady kept that grin, or if it was simply just nothing more than keeping it like that for too long.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

VanillaGorilla posted:

IT is Stephen King at his best - drawing forth the seedy, horrific underbelly of small town life and Americana.

Yep, and I'm tickled they used the most horrifying moment in the book for the trailer today. This is gonna own.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
One of the It kids grew up to be James McAvoy?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tenzarin posted:

One of the It kids grew up to be James McAvoy?

Yeah, that was an odd casting choice for adult Bill. I guess he overcame his stutter by moving to the UK. :shrug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

After Split I’m not worried about his voice - he can do anything.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also let's not act like there were huge shoes to fill by Richard Thomas and his giant mole and weird acting choices

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

No Richard Masur, no sale.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

After Split I’m not worried about his voice - he can do anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkySqQU8tw

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
I'm not sure about accents but watching that clip made me realize how much he looks like the actor who played Bill.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I wasn't sure what was going on with his accent until I noticed he had a Philly Eagles shirt. :shrug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dammit, I’m on my phone and in Canada - blocked. .(

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

Dammit, I’m on my phone and in Canada - blocked. .(

It's an SNL skit about a Charmin commercial focus group with James McAvoy doing a Philly accent.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

ruddiger posted:

I don't know what it is about that "far in the background, sorta blurry" effect but it works so well being creepy as poo poo. The scene from chapter one in the library where you couldn't make it out clearly but could plainly see the librarian staring at the kid was awesome.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Why didn't they name the film 'It takes two, baby'?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ruddiger posted:

The YouTube comment that was something like “when you forget your towel and gotta sneak to your room made me lose my poo poo

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CelticPredator posted:

The YouTube comment that was something like “when you forget your towel and gotta sneak to your room made me lose my poo poo

I had a number of dreams like that.

Also we know why they picked that scene for the trailer. It touches into a primordial fear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Naked old lady is already a well-known thing to get a good scare out of people, because it's one of the most memorable moments in basically any version of The Shining.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The MSJ posted:

Also we know why they picked that scene for the trailer. It touches into a primordial fear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqDGK_UjfFI
I want to see that 30-second argument the judges had off to the side about whether or not that answer fell under the GUN/OCCUPANT category.

And why is GUN/OCCUPANT bundled together?!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

caligulamprey posted:

I want to see that 30-second argument the judges had off to the side about whether or not that answer fell under the GUN/OCCUPANT category.

And why is GUN/OCCUPANT bundled together?!

Presumably an unarmed occupant wouldn't confront a burglar. Equally, a burglar isn't going to be too worried to see a gun if nobody is holding it. So the answers would have been variants on "the owner with a gun" and "a gun pointed at him".

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Slutitution posted:

Yep, and I'm tickled they used the most horrifying moment in the book for the trailer today. This is gonna own.

It's been years since I read the book. Was Bev going back to her house in the book or are you referring to a different part?

Either way it looks pretty great.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

ChesterJT posted:

I don't know what it is about that "far in the background, sorta blurry" effect but it works so well being creepy as poo poo. The scene from chapter one in the library where you couldn't make it out clearly but could plainly see the librarian staring at the kid was awesome.

This, humans stop motion walking(Gothika, Penelope Cruz)and the sped up blur effect gets me every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

AFewBricksShy posted:

It's been years since I read the book. Was Bev going back to her house in the book or are you referring to a different part?

Either way it looks pretty great.

Bev going back to her house is in the book and it looks like they kept most of the dialogue too (“my fadder joined the circus”). It’s a genuinely unsettling sequence that slowly reveals itself

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 10, 2019