Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

RandomBlue posted:

You don't even have BONGHIZ! on there and I get so sick of scrolling through 10 oversized image posts in a row. I can't take you seriously. Come on!

bnog hitz is the best poster in the thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/lawcrimenews/status/1126603319819030535

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i hadvnt seen jurassic park 1 in ages

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
This is why I don't watch the news anymore. I don't need to since I have a torrent of Idiocracy lol

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

well that was fun and now I'm done

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

MadJackal posted:

I am grateful that I have been found worthy by the Lord Jesus Christ to have pushed the Idiocracy theme joke to the point where those worthy have witnessed the fact that repeating a joke endlessly does in fact destroy it instead of making it funnier.

IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY!

mad jackal just admitted to being arf's alt

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
really need to a get a new job, too bad my last municipal water job interview went badly.

been having my olde boomer boss berate me all loving week about having dirty field equipment and a field car with some dust on it. "it's downright an embarrassment to have a field vehicle with mud on it, it leaves a bad impression that people won't take us seriously! this field kits has a dirty hammer and geology ruler. this needs to be cleaned! when i was working back in the 60s i would have been laughed off a job site if i had a hammer in this condition!". like yeah ok im taking it to loving unpaved dusty construction and other project sites, what the gently caress? should i really waste a of perfectly fine drinking water to clean a loving car or hammer that'll get dirty again the next day? i guess that's just the boomer generation gap where it's a-ok to waste a ton of resources even though it literally does not matter and coming in with pristine poo poo looks worse to me but w/e.

i'm just thoroughly sick and tired of working this job at this point and just feels like its getting increasingly harder to get up and trudge it out another day

anyways, trump!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Precisely the kind of bullshit that wouldn't look out of place as a scene of Idiocracy, really.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

redneck nazgul posted:

who let you back in here

trump!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Well gently caress, he can't have said that and meant it, right? If he did then lmfao we live in an Idiocracy.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

i still cant believe this is a real thing when someone told me about it here lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
When you think about it, it really brings to light how prophetic Idiocracy was. It's basically a documentary now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Basically, nazi apologia on the news again. I'm not surprised since we live in Idiocracy land now.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Augus posted:

okay this one's a winner

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY! IDIOCRACY DOCUMENTARY!

I'M THE FUNNIEST POSTER EVER! QUOTE ME!

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ok, can we please acknowledge that this kind of poo poo shouldn't fly on society? Or do we just resign ourselves to the fact we're in a freefall into an Idiocracy?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

MadJackal posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that sure is one mad jagoff

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ok, that's hosed up, even for a hosed up man like me. Idiocracy has turned into a documentary.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jesus Christ, is The Man in the High Castle tone deaf Americentric garbage based on a terrible understanding of world history or should I watch more than the first 10 minutes

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fallen Hamprince posted:

what the gently caress

how do you ignore squizzle but not me

lol owned

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ok we need to come up with a mixture of slippery slope and Idiocracy cause this just proves we're slippin n slidin!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dolphin posted:

Jesus Christ, is The Man in the High Castle tone deaf Americentric garbage based on a terrible understanding of world history or should I watch more than the first 10 minutes

it's "what if the axis won WWII but then THEY had a cold war!!!111 omg deep"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dolphin posted:

Read the book. Dick's prose carries a lot of his stories. Same reason the Scanner Darkly movie was boring and stupid.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FAUXTON posted:

it's "what if the axis won WWII but then THEY had a cold war!!!111 omg deep"
yeah i get the basic plot but even the execution seems like loving garbage

it's supposed to be like the best amazon original so that doesn't bode well

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ok, that's hosed up, even for a hosed up woman like me. Idiocracy has turned into a documentary.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Ok, that's hosed up, even for a hosed up woman like me. Idiocracy has turned into a documentary.
You've been hitting it real heavy the last couple days, you doing okay?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
where do u get a script to post on the forums, yospos???????

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

MadJackal posted:

Meltdown may strikes again

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Do we just let this slide or? I dunno, I feel demoralized since everywhere I look it's like people are cosplaying Idiocracy every day of their lives.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Someone once recorded a pov video of their entire day at work, at the grocery store, at a bar, and then finally at home, and when they uploaded the footage to youtube it got flagged for copyright infringement of the movie Idiocracy. Says it all really.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FactsAreUseless posted:

Read the book. Dick's prose carries a lot of his stories. Same reason the Scanner Darkly movie was boring and stupid.
yeah although i think his prose still is kinda hard to get into. I bounced off Ubik and Valis several times until it clicked the last time.

Scanner Darkly is probably more that Linklater kinda sucks and i don't think i really liked any of his movies, but that's subjective.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MadJackal posted:

drat mods harshing on the thread there is more here than just white nose and spam there is also,

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Xaris posted:

yeah although i think his prose still is kinda hard to get into. I bounced off Ubik and Valis several times.

Scanner Darkly is probably more that Linklater kinda sucks and i don't think i really liked any of his movies, but that's subjective.
I haven't seen his other films, and it's also hideous so maybe. Ubik and Valis are not easy reads, people should start with Scanner Darkly and Do Androids Dream. They're weird books but they're a good intro to what he does.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

ArfJason posted:

Someone once recorded a pov video of their entire day at work, at the grocery store, at a bar, and then finally at home, and when they uploaded the footage to youtube it got flagged for copyright infringement of the movie Idiocracy. Says it all really.

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bilirubin posted:

drat mods harshing on the thread there is more here than just white nose and spam there is also,
I know there is, that's why the thread isn't gassed.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Dolphin posted:

No, the show is trash. The book is worth reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

FactsAreUseless posted:

I haven't seen his other films, and it's also hideous so maybe. Ubik and Valis are not easy reads, people should start with Scanner Darkly and Do Androids Dream. They're weird books but they're a good intro to what he does.
you might have seen Dazed and Confused which was pure boomer revisionist nostalgia bullshit. But as far as Dick goes, yeah that's fair, i actually haven't read Scanner Darkly but I probably should. I haven't read much sci-fi the last 10 years as I did when i was a teen, though that's more of just poor prioritization of free time.