Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Either way he should be fired, but he should have been fired long ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

He’s one of them yeah

drunkill posted:

https://twitter.com/lucywato_/status/1126420993155592192

Lay off the booze slobbo, at for an hour or two before you record your tv show.

Jesus loving Christ

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jesus, looks like the whole cast were on the sauce tonight

https://twitter.com/davidking34/status/1126461488942669824?s=21

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Footy show has been axed.

https://twitter.com/NeilMcMahon/status/1126466059353989121

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Poor Neroli Meadows for attaching herself to that sinking ship to begin with

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
She still works for fox footy, she'll get to host a show again soon enough, it'll just be on pay tv.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The only bad thing is dickheads like Newman will now be all “couldn’t survive without me”

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

The only bad thing is dickheads like Newman will now be all “couldn’t survive without me”

Yeah, people have been saying this for weeks already. Completely ignoring the fact it was tanking hard with him there, they're attempting the old history re-write

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
sam pang killed the footy show, what a legend.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
They really missed an opportunity to rebrand the show with a new name, etc. Instead the people who were still somehow choosing to watch it were going to balk at an all-new cast, and everyone else had a Pavlovian response to anything called "The Footy Show".

With Robbo, at first I thought he was trying to say "Okay boys let's go" but upon listening to it again the first word is definitely "hey". Presumably gay was just his substitute word for soft/weak.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

cmndstab posted:

They really missed an opportunity to rebrand the show with a new name, etc. Instead the people who were still somehow choosing to watch it were going to balk at an all-new cast, and everyone else had a Pavlovian response to anything called "The Footy Show".

With Robbo, at first I thought he was trying to say "Okay boys let's go" but upon listening to it again the first word is definitely "hey". Presumably gay was just his substitute word for soft/weak.

On the Footy Show, I think the telling thing was, initially after ratings were tanking due to people getting fed up with Sam being offensive, they doubled down on that and had Eddie say he was going to let Sam "off the leash", which led to further loss in viewership. This shows how out of touch the whole production was.

On Robbo: Yeah, after seeing the footage, I agree. He was trying to say that Carlton should say to themselves "hey, we have been soft and weak, so lets go hard this game", and he thought the best and easiest way to say that was to use "gay boys".

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Is "letting him off the leash" allowing him to dress in blackface, womanface, and disabledface all at the same time?

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Presumably "letting Sam off the leash" just means letting him act the way he normally does but no longer even attempting to hold him to account for it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

cmndstab posted:

Presumably "letting Sam off the leash" just means letting him act the way he normally does but no longer even attemptingpretending to hold him to account for it.

fixed that for you

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

cmndstab posted:

They were going to rename it "More Than A Game" but I don't think a new name could've saved it.

It was basically Hey Hey with more blackface and even though they got rid of the boofheads the stench remained.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The NRL are playing all games this round at Broncos Stadium for reasons I can’t begin to comprehend. Looking forward to seeing the state of the turf by the last game on Sunday.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Leagues stupidity suits it's fan base. Manly's Dylan Walker got found not guilty of assaulting his partner while she was holding their baby and boy are there some hot takes in the fb comments

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 10, 2019

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

NRL is garbage except when Melbourne Storm wins the Premiership because of the NRL fans tears

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Solemn Sloth posted:

The NRL are playing all games this round at Broncos Stadium for reasons I can’t begin to comprehend. Looking forward to seeing the state of the turf by the last game on Sunday.

it'ss the only stadium that league fans actually bother showing up to :homebrew:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Basil? Really channel 7? That man should not be allowed to leave WA

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

FANTA SEE A

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
loving what:

quote:

ADELAIDE

If
a Showdown isn't played at the MCG on a Friday night some time soon ...

then
it will be an opportunity lost on so many fronts. It is the main AFL rivalry, by the length of Winx's winning margin in her second Cox Plate (eight lengths).

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Someone at Essendon must have money on Aliir winning BoG the way they keep kicking long and high to our short-arse forwardline

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

snoremac posted:

loving what:

:shuckyes:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

loving what:

???????????????

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dude for the Swans should’ve tried uncorking the genie on that after-the-siren shot on goal. Can’t believe I’m agreeing with the commentary there.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hmm yes let us showcase this rivalry by showing it in a city that does not contain the people that care about it

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress off Zac Clarke

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

God we hosed that up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That was far more entertaining I thought it would be

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Should’ve won that but I guess it’s hard when all your key forwards are injured and you have Zac Clark in the team.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

You Am I posted:

NRL is garbage except when Manly wins the Premiership because of the NRL fans tears

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Is this the third time in a row Sydney have beaten Essendon at the SCG by a kick?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/sirswampthing/status/1126828452827369473

yikes

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Not surprised. There’s been a lack of that ruthless edge good sides have for as long as I can remember. Taking the foot off the pedal in the final quarter to coast instead of burying teams, failing to take poo poo sides seriously. At this stage it seems like it’s a cultural thing.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

thepokey posted:

gently caress off Zac Clarke

I did laugh when the commentary team were talking him up as part of Fremantle’s amazing ruck set up with Sandilands, rather than our ruck set up was Sandilands

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Sydney cheated

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Sydney cheated

Right in front of the umps too.

You probably don’t want to be relying on an after the siren free kick to seal the game though and the win wouldn’t really reflect where we’re at as a team.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Well, lets hope that was our "Carlton game" for this year (considering it was same round last year that we had that loss to Carlton).

You know ... until we play Carlton again this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/7afl/status/1126840944341340161

So, Essendon should have won that game with a free kick on the goal line.