Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Mundo is probably the most boring out of all those and his kit is basically the same since the beginning of time. Give him something other than be a meat slab .

you fucker bastard — prepare to hear from my team of lawyers

Servaetes posted:

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2019/05/choose-a-champion-update-for-2020/

Hmm, of this list I'm not sure who I think deserves the update more. Of the five of them, the obvious one that juts out like a sore thumb is Volibear, but when I think about it, every time I try to play Nocturne I get really goddamn bored with him after a few games because outside of the ult and maybe the fear tether, the other two skills feel very whatever. And the passive isn't very good. The other three honestly feel a lot less like they need updates at all because out of the box they operate fine.
its volibear followed by nocturne followed by fiddles vgu. but actually this is a trick question and the answer is diana, and everyone here including riot has failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Definitely Volibear. They need to just rethink his entire kit and start over. The others all deserve to be there (except maaaybe nocturne who seems mostly okay to me) but at least the others have some charm/theme that's worth keeping.

Been playing a lot of Yuumi on PBE the last few days. She's... interesting. Lane phase is on the weak side without any hard CC for gank protection, but post lane phase she gets completely out of control. Major force multiplier like most enchanters, if you're ahead she'll make sure you stay ahead, etc. But can feel useless/become a free double kill if you get behind.

I feel like I'm going to be either playing Yuumi when she comes out or playing Neeko into Yuumi and just getting freelo off people who aren't playing her properly. She's a very bad champion if you don't juggle your attach/unattached modes well and you can easily make your ADC feel like they're in a 2v1 if you just sit on them.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I hope Nocturne goes up first. As they alluded, he already hits his mark on theme but he really struggles to deliver on gameplay (although magic-missile nocturne has always been fun).

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I voted shyvana only because I would like to see how insanely Riot will overload her manaless kit if they rework her.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Sexpansion posted:

I voted shyvana only because I would like to see how insanely Riot will overload her manaless kit if they rework her.

Same. I feel like that list is pretty solid, and I'd vote for Diana, Elise, Nidalle, or most of the AP assassins first, but I want to see what they can do to make dragon form more like the magic damage version on Mega Gnar

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Be nice if Shyvannas dragon form didn’t look like a dieing lizard too.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I had a nice game (at silver 4 level lol):

First penta in a while. Didn't even notice I grabbed the wrong keystone until afterwards. Tried to swap from PTA to conqueror last second, and guess I mis-clicked.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Firebert posted:

It's fiddle - lovely model, lovely lore, 3 point and click abilities that don't really fit together and random silence just begging to be removed

Correct answer. Silences suck and are being ethnically cleansed and non-crit RNG ditto.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
I voted Shyvana cause her AP build is loving godawful to deal with and I want it gone

Kill All Nidalees

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I voted Shyv because although I've never played her, every game I play against her seems like she's the most miserable and useless character to play out of the 5.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Firebert posted:

It's fiddle - lovely model, lovely lore, 3 point and click abilities that don't really fit together and random silence just begging to be removed

I voted this way too. Mundo's funny and you'll never make me care about Volibear. Fiddle looks spooky and cool in the Twist of Fate cinematic and then you get in game and he's this doddering clunky piece of poo poo with one of the worst autoattacks in the game who can barely move outside of his ultimate.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

The Deleter posted:

you'll never make me care about Volibear.

The fact that we feel this way about a huge loving thunderbear should make you vote for him tbh

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm probably voting Voli, just to make them do the biggest possible rework of the five so that we get an entirely new champion. But a new Fiddle with the same ult could be fun too hmmMMMMMM...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I gotta vote Mundo, most in need of a visual upgrade by far while Voli and Noct are most in need of making them less of a snooze-fest.

Shy is fine except visuals, just needs a base skin that isn't bikini armor and thong armor with exposed midriffs.

Fiddle is fine the way he is, visually he looks fine because he is just a lovely scarecrow, gameplay wise he works just fine in support and alright in jungle and has fairly unique gameplay with how squishy he is, you just know if they rework him his fear is going to be a skillshot and you'll have to manually glide each crow into people and he'll probably lose that satisfaction of having his E bounce between 2 people.

The only correct answer in the end is to vote Mundo, because a full rework will include 10+ minutes of voice lines for Mundo.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I voted Mundo in the hopes they finally make Executioner Mundo into Gimpsuit Mundo like god intended

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The only correct answer in the end is to vote Mundo, because a full rework will include 10+ minutes of voice lines for Mundo.
Yeah I really want this :(

Thing is though, Mundo is gonna stay basically the same kit, the hypertank with cleavers and no real CC. And once you get past how cool the new VO and animations are, you still got the same champ.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It will 1 minute of voice acting if you remove all the times he says "Mundo".

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Remove Q silence, make W a skillshot that terrifies while it drains, make E something fun

For Fiddlesticks that is

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It should probably be Volibear so they can rename him and make him interesting since the only reason he was smashed through development was to get a self insert into the game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Svensken posted:

Remove Q silence, make W a skillshot that terrifies while it drains, make E something fun

For Fiddlesticks that is

His Q is the targeted fear.

Honestly I think fiddle's kit is alright. He has a lot of damage and cc but is extremely squishy and has a limited range, which makes him rely on good setup and vision control to win fights.

The silence is obnoxious so I would change his E to do something different but I think his design is one of the more cohesive and realized of the old champions. I would rather he gets a QoL change for the most part mechanically.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Yeah fiddle I'd probably just take the silence off his e and be done with it.

And add more crows to his ults visual

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

His Q is the targeted fear.

Honestly I think fiddle's kit is alright. He has a lot of damage and cc but is extremely squishy and has a limited range, which makes him rely on good setup and vision control to win fights.

The silence is obnoxious so I would change his E to do something different but I think his design is one of the more cohesive and realized of the old champions. I would rather he gets a QoL change for the most part mechanically.

the silence is a sweetener on an ability which is more than strong enough without it. maybe make it increase the amount of damage your drain does or something, with stack so if you multi bounce you can shred someone

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Just make Fid's first crow target silenced and the rest are damage only, make his fear a skill shot with a small AoE like Cass' ult, and freshen up his animations. Simple as hell

I don't know why everyone is bitching about the concept of silences, Malz and Raka have silences that fit in the game fine because they're not bouncing death spells that can silence you when the champ isn't even in vision range

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

I'd rather lose the silence than the targeted fear. It's nice having a few champs where their CC's aren't skillshots for people who aren't great at them.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

Just make Fid's first crow target silenced and the rest are damage only, make his fear a skill shot with a small AoE like Cass' ult, and freshen up his animations. Simple as hell

I don't know why everyone is bitching about the concept of silences, Malz and Raka have silences that fit in the game fine because they're not bouncing death spells that can silence you when the champ isn't even in vision range

silence is not a very good mechanic in general and as a cc it can either be the most annoying mechanic or completely irrelevant so i think the less people who have it the better

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

How is silence that much worse than nearsighted, blind, fear, charm, suppressed, frozen, or stunned? His silence is just so bad because it's a long range, multitarget, bouncing, targetable ability on a short CD

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Silence is hard because you just lose control of your buttons and it’s not as noticeable like being rooted in place. It kinda serves the same purpose but it can’t really be dodged like most other forms of CC which Riot has been pretty good about throwing CC on skill shots or ultimates.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Is there a good recommended learning resource for people who have never really played League before? I have played about 640 hours of Dota 2, but never really League, so I'm familiar with a lot of the basic concepts, but not the stuff specific to League.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Door Frame posted:

How is silence that much worse than nearsighted, blind, fear, charm, suppressed, frozen, or stunned? His silence is just so bad because it's a long range, multitarget, bouncing, targetable ability on a short CD

i mean, silence is just annoying, it is not overpowered. the problem with silence is it just sucks, it is not fun to play with or around and it has variable use. silence a zed? great! silence caitlyn? .... good job i guess? the status sucks because it is not really noticeable until you try to press a button and do nothing, and it has terrible conveyance.

notably, soraka and malzahars silence are tied to extremely flashy obvious abilities whereas dark wind just hits you and then your buttons stop working for a bit. really though, i think silence is just a bad status effect to exist in league unless it is really obvious and has a specific reason to exist(malz uses it to counter mages, soraka uses it for area denial and protection)

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i think as his kit currently functions crow silence is important to allowing fiddles to survive crowstorm long enough to effectively position instead of having to hourglass immediately in a mediocre spot, but it could be implemented in a different way

strong bird
May 12, 2009

duck trucker posted:

I'd rather lose the silence than the targeted fear. It's nice having a few champs where their CC's aren't skillshots for people who aren't great at them.

its not nice that this the case actually

there shouldnt be point and click spells that have powerful effects or do a shitload of burst (see every ninja) in a game where every other spell needs to be aimed

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

strong bird posted:

its not nice that this the case actually

there shouldnt be point and click spells that have powerful effects or do a shitload of burst (see every ninja) in a game where every other spell needs to be aimed

Targeted CC is fine if it has some really important caveats. Namely the fear is attached to a very squishy, immobile mage that can only blink with his long CD ult. The targeted CC also has a very tiny range compared to most skillshots.

His fear is fine and can be played around, not unlike Malzahar ult, Poppy E, etc.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

How Rude posted:

Targeted CC is fine if it has some really important caveats. Namely the fear is attached to a very squishy, immobile mage that can only blink with his long CD ult. The targeted CC also has a very tiny range compared to most skillshots.

His fear is fine and can be played around, not unlike Malzahar ult, Poppy E, etc.
Nah dude that poo poo's bullshit. The ways you can "play around" a targeted 2-second fear just aren't that interesting. Fiddles was an infuriating support to play against before they hit his numbers, since his Q is a straight-up "gently caress your gank" button.

Malz ult sucks too but at least it's an ult

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

the difference in range between malzahar ult and fiddles fear is 125 units. i dont see how they are so far apart

Dancer
May 23, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

Nah dude that poo poo's bullshit. The ways you can "play around" a targeted 2-second fear just aren't that interesting. Fiddles was an infuriating support to play against before they hit his numbers, since his Q is a straight-up "gently caress your gank" button.

Malz ult sucks too but at least it's an ult

In ye olden days (before they forced skillshots into the kits of perfectly usable champions like Taric, Kayle, Soraka, Ryze, loving Xin, and an uncountable amount of new releases), skillshots were much less common, and the game was Fine. One of the effects of skillshot bloat is shifting gameplay from interesting tactical positioning decisions to twitch reactions and silly mind-games. You "play around" targeted abilities and auto-attacks, regardless of whether they include CC or not, by positioning right and not entering their range when the pro/con calculation isn't in your favor. Fiddle's Q isn't a "gently caress your gank" button if the laners involved bait it out at the right moment.

I guess you can can also argue that auto-attacks should also be turned into skill-shots because "playing around them is more interesting".

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Ah yes, my favorite mechanic to use when playing around champion abilities, the "don't be in range at all" mechanic.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

the difference in range between malzahar ult and fiddles fear is 125 units. i dont see how they are so far apart

they are 125 units apart :tipshat:

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

Why do we even have crit chance for ranged champs? +500 damage with a <1 second CD with no counter other than "don't get clicked on" is so bullshit

Seriously though, silence is a fine mechanic that mirrors blindness in both its strengths and weaknesses. It's not great, it's not terrible, it's fine. The problem with Fid's silence is just that bounces so much and so far. He shouldn't be able to target a minion and silence the entire team from out of anyone's attack range on such a short cooldown

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Umbreon posted:

Ah yes, my favorite mechanic to use when playing around champion abilities, the "don't be in range at all" mechanic.

the idea that every individual ability in the game requires counterplay is bad as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s boring like Mundos press button for health regen. Which is why they all need reworks. Not sure why they only can do one a year though.