Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Is he grabbing a piece of cloth in embarrassment because his pants are falling apart???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wolverine's bad hair day

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I could see that art working if Wolverine's been possessed by the Wild Huntsman from Celtic myth -- that hair brought to mind an antler-topped pop-media Druid-style headpiece, but the satchel and the buckskin outfit say "Native American" to me.

Am I in the ballpark on either?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He's obviously been possessed by a bear, and not the grizzly kind

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

I'm trying to figure what's going on beneath his hands, i can see his left leg but it's hard to understand anything else.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don’t try to rationalize Sam Kieth anatomy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Introducing Wolverine's greatest foe - Two Knives Man!

"You've found my weakness! It's small knives!"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Infinitum posted:

those knives are pretty big

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it's called perspective :agesilaus:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

it's called perspective :agesilaus:

Then those hands are tiny

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ah yes, the time wolverine settled down in the old west with a native American waifu just in time for her to get murdered to death by a giant worm of nightmares that only he could kill.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Toshimo posted:

Ah yes, the time wolverine settled down in the old west with a native American waifu just in time for her to get murdered to death by a giant worm of nightmares that only he could kill.

But have you considered the possibility that Wolverine might be really old? Look at this hint of his mysterious origins!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Toshimo posted:

Wait is that Silverfox? Or did Wolverine have another Native American waifu?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Covers like that are why I never bought a Wolverine solo comic in the 90s even though I thought Wolverine was really cool.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I had that issue. If I remember he was dreaming about being a fur trapper or something. He was definitely tripping balls. He was ranting something like "These are my knives. MY CLAWS!"

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

The Question IRL posted:

Wait is that Silverfox? Or did Wolverine have another Native American waifu?

Nope. This was Sparrow Hawk who only existed for this storyline in MCP so she could get fridged.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

“I’m the best there is at what I do.
And what I do is have a harem of women from around the world, Sempai!”

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Infinitum posted:

I gotta tell you guys, this is pretty terrific.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Question IRL posted:

“I’m the best there is at what I do.
And what I do is have a harem of former/deceased women from around the world, Sempai!”

Fixed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gavok posted:

I gotta tell you guys, this is pretty terrific.

Enjoys brandishing two knives
Pines after a friend's woman
Is an experienced pugilist
Is the best there is at what he does but what he does isn't very nice (attempt suicide)

Yep, Moe is Wolverine

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

Covers like that are why I never bought a Wolverine solo comic in the 90s even though I thought Wolverine was really cool.

As we’ve seen from the Sam Kieth cover, you hosed up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So yeah, this was Wolvie having a dream sequence for a few issues. Things got trippy.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You left out the part where they show you that his dream was real, and more importantly, the part where they name him "Skunk Bear".

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Toshimo posted:

You left out the part where they show you that his dream was real, and more importantly, the part where they name him "Skunk Bear".

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Someone needs to do a time travelling adventure where this just ends up being Gabby naming him Skunk Bear :allears:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
"I think that you Canadians know this creature by another name. "Le glouton", the glutton.

We don't like you, Logan."

"Also its scientific name is Gulo gulo, glutton glutton. Take a hike, stinky fatso."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Look, it's Elasti-Girl and someone should tell her that skirts and the power to grow large don't go together!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
didn't realize incredibles took the name from what i am assuming is an expired copyright character

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Incredibles is Elast"a"girl while Doom Patrol is Elast"i"girl which is apparently just different enough for trademarks.

From that same issue, the origin of the Chief being a complete dick.

The robot saved his life and he designed it but instead of just wiping its memory or shutting it down and disassembling it he puts two in the back of the head.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

Incredibles is Elast"a"girl while Doom Patrol is Elast"i"girl which is apparently just different enough for trademarks.

According to Wikipedia, the difference is that the Doom Patrol member has a hyphen in her name.
:what:

e: There was also an Elastigirl in Amalgam, combining Elasti-Girl, Domino, and Wasp. Really strained themselves for that name combo.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 12, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BRB getting rights to a spiderman movie no hyphen

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Look, it's Elasti-Girl and someone should tell her that skirts and the power to grow large don't go together!

If you wanna tell a two hundred-foot woman you're staring up her skirt you go right ahead.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

the copyright claim was close enough that iirc the Elastigirl toys for the Incredibles were just called "Mrs Incredible"

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I actually forgot she was called Elastigirl until I watched Incredibles 2 because yes, they called her Mrs. Incredible everywhere else.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kid Eternity #1 (1946)

Azrael Annual #3 (1997)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

whats with that hand

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Synthbuttrange posted:

whats with that hand

Like I saw those panels without knowing where they were from. "Is that Azrael?... It's Azrael"

Just accept Azrael's design for what it is, Peak 90s Overdesign :allears:

:allears:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Elastigirl is very much the embodiment of "Don't stare or you'll wind up browsing some weird Internet sites." She is my favorite silver age heroine, though, since she's pretty much the only one with some actual agency in the stories and is great. Then Steve Dayton came along and was a colossal shithead to her. But even after that she still got to be pretty awesome.

Here's the cover of the second Doom Patrol appearance in which she rips a torpedo out of a submarine and shoves it down an octopus's throat (symbolism? what symbolism?):

From that same issue, the origin of the Chief being a complete dick.

The robot saved his life and he designed it but instead of just wiping its memory or shutting it down and disassembling it he puts two in the back of the head.

Morrison used this exact scene in his run without changing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

Elastigirl is very much the embodiment of "Don't stare or you'll wind up browsing some weird Internet sites." \