Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Failboattootoot posted:

They already said they were going to be significantly expanding on the story (largely to try and justify it being an episodic thing).

Trailer looks dope, but I loved 7 and I am basically on board for virtually anything they do in that universe. But god help me of shelke or whatever her name is from Dirge shows up I'm going to have a good tantrum.

i want them to reference as many EU stuff as possible, and i want one of the devs to put a bunch of poo poo in referencing the spirits within bc they too spent like 10 years thinking it was advent children's precurser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Spirits Within definitely works as a prequel for 7. It's events line up with what happens in the anchient past at the North Crater. I wonder if it's intended to be or just because square constantly reusing plot elements.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i want them to reference as many EU stuff as possible, and i want one of the devs to put a bunch of poo poo in referencing the spirits within bc they too spent like 10 years thinking it was advent children's precurser

Sadly they already said the EU is not canon to Remake.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Onmi posted:

Sadly they already said the EU is not canon to Remake.

ah, well I guess that probably is the best way to do it, I don't know any of the EU stuff personally and I suppose most people who this is targeted too don't either

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I wish the trailer had showed Aeris dunking on Cloud, like if they don't keep that in I'm gonna be legit pissed

well, i would be if it ever got released, i mean

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Hi guys, my name is Yoko Taro and here are few proposed changes to FFVII script:

Aeris is a depraved sex addict
Zack didnt heroically sacrifice himself. He tried to finish Cloud off who was slowing him down but Cloud killed him instead.
Tifa sells alcohol to minors
Barret cut off his own arm so Dyne fell to his death
Vincent is fine
Yuffie dies when one of her scams backfire
Cid is a swearing wife beater

XIII inherits the earth as the only decent person

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

WaltherFeng posted:

Hi guys, my name is Yoko Taro and here are few proposed changes to FFVII script:

Zack didnt heroically sacrifice himself. He tried to finish Cloud off who was slowing him down but Cloud killed him instead.
Tifa sells alcohol to minors
Barret cut off his own arm so Dyne fell to his death
Vincent is fine
Yuffie dies when one of her scams backfire
Cid is a swearing wife beater

XIII inherits the earth as the only decent person

I assume this version has Cloud as an innocent, nice and good person, who's nonetheless put through a bunch of merciless emotional trauma.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WaltherFeng posted:

Fund it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
an environmentalist message from yoko taro would probably be excellent if he felt like sinking his teeth into it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

an environmentalist message from yoko taro would probably be excellent if he felt like sinking his teeth into it

"Kill your parents to make more mako energy, its the only way"

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Noctis post-crystal-stasis has an authority and gravitas to him that I really like (“Off my throne, jester. The King sits there.”) I just wish we’d gotten to see that evolution a bit more than “Noctis is absorbed by a crystal, now he is a man”.

That said, I also really enjoy the friends-forever-but-it’s-awkward vibe when you first reunite with the rest of the gang. They’ve lived through hell while Noctis slept and while they’re happy to see him return there’s also an unspoken tenseness in the air that I don’t think really lifts until you get the campfire flashback. Noctis’ VA really sells that scene, too.

Also, FFXV has a great soundtrack and I finally managed to get tickets to an upcoming Distant Worlds near me - I’m very much looking forward to hearing Apocalypsis Noctis played by a massive symphony orchestra.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

ninjewtsu posted:

everything about the ending that wasn't the campfire scene was confusing, rear end, or both though (except for noct in his final moments holding onto a picture of himself with a ramen cup for a head making a sexual "come hither" pose amongst the backdrop of a grocery store shelf, that was loving funny and i love the photography mechanic)

The photo I kept was one of Cindy. Made those last scenes so heartwarming.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Keep a photo of cup noodles

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I wish the trailer had showed Aeris dunking on Cloud, like if they don't keep that in I'm gonna be legit pissed
The game better remember just how much so many characters, and also the world, just dunked on Cloud over and over and over.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

well, i would be if it ever got released, i mean

I will be legit annoyed if they forget that Tifa was actually the demure princess type and Aerith was the tomboy maniac.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i liked final fantasy vii episode 1 better when it came with Tobal.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

HD DAD posted:

I will be legit annoyed if they forget that Tifa was actually the demure princess type and Aerith was the tomboy maniac.

demure princess with possibly clinical codepedency disorder to boot

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There better be an option to fix Aeris' name.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

People who still get upset about the Aerith thing confuse me. It's been Aerith since Kingdom Hearts came out in 2002. It's a settled issue.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i hope they do a bunch of new arrangements and orchestrations and remixes of the soundtrack and then those make it into a new theatrhythm. that would be best case scenario for ff7r

Arist posted:

People who still get upset about the Aerith thing confuse me. It's been Aerith since Kingdom Hearts came out in 2002. It's a settled issue.

ok aritht

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

something tells me they only needed to remix 3 songs max for this

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
“Welcome to E3. This is the new trailer for FFVII Remake. It’s out tomorrow. Enjoy.”

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Hector Delgado posted:

The photo I kept was one of Cindy. Made those last scenes so heartwarming.

The photo I kept was a group shot of the guys and the catgirl from the FFXIV tie in event. When I finally got to see where the photo was used I burst out laughing.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Scoss posted:

The fact that they keep showing only the first 20 minutes of the game makes me worried that the entire thing will be only Midgar.

Unless they have been holding a lot back, or unless they plan on leaving 90% of the original game on the floor, I don't see how they can possibly ever finish the entire story. They can't spend a decade releasing FF7 episodes.

The production looks undeniably great but I think it was a huge mistake to go for this kind of cutting edge graphical quality and scope. The fact that the original game was made in like 15 months while Squaresoft was simultaneously figuring out how to make 3D game in any capacity is a really damning indictment of AAA development. I wonder about an alternate universe where FF7 got remade ten years ago on a sane budget by using fixed camera angle presentation like the original, with a more stylized visual approach that hewed closer to the game's original anime style designs-- rather than photorealism and open 3D environments.

Well according to this press release, it sounds like they have decided to release it in episodic parts after all. I haven't been following along too closely but I guess at some point they scrapped that idea, and now they are entertaining it again. More information available in June.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Arist posted:

You'd have to have played a Compilation of Final Fantasy VII or Kingdom Hearts title to ever come in direct contact with that though. Those of use who haven't mostly remember getting in fights around 2002 about it sounding stupid and haven't really thought about it since.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
In a very Mike Tyson voice: 'Aerith'

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Earisu-chan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
wait they mentioned that they were considering scrapping the episodic release thing before? when?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Yoko Taro shares his version of the famous death scene:

Mind controlled by Sephiroth, Cloud forces Aeris on the ground and straddles her while slowly choking her dead.

Aeris finally got her moment with him. A voice inside her head echoes while she slowly passes out:

"You just want to **** Cloud"

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Honestly I think Yoko Taro would do FF7 justice, the man is more than just the hosed up disturbing stuff you guys joke about. Like, he is legit a good writer and understands storytelling.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

Elentor posted:

Earisu-chan.

I remember the arguments about this. I used to even participate in them, because I apparently had nothing better to do in college than argue over the names of dead video game women. They used to point to sumisu->smith as proof, and as a seven-year student of Japanese, I'd counter with kurisu->chris. And nothing of value was accomplished.

The game has to have a new translation. The original was incomprehensible. I enjoyed the game at the time, but never saw it as the be-all-end-all of the series. Fun combat, but the story was all over the place, and Cloud has to be the worst protagonist in a FF series. All he does is say, "..." and shrug.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gologle posted:

Honestly I think Yoko Taro would do FF7 justice, the man is more than just the hosed up disturbing stuff you guys joke about. Like, he is legit a good writer and understands storytelling.

Also true

But I dont think he has ever written a story without hosed up poo poo

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Luceo posted:

I remember the arguments about this. I used to even participate in them, because I apparently had nothing better to do in college than argue over the names of dead video game women. They used to point to sumisu->smith as proof, and as a seven-year student of Japanese, I'd counter with kurisu->chris. And nothing of value was accomplished.

The game has to have a new translation. The original was incomprehensible. I enjoyed the game at the time, but never saw it as the be-all-end-all of the series. Fun combat, but the story was all over the place, and Cloud has to be the worst protagonist in a FF series. All he does is say, "..." and shrug.

Bullshit.

He also says "let's mosey."

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Bullshit.

He also says "let's mosey."

:shrug:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Luceo posted:

That was Squall, buddy. Cloud's a mouthy, swaggering badass (cuz he was in SOLDIER).

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I do not relish the resurgence of FF7 Discourse

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Oxxidation posted:

I do not relish the resurgence of FF7 Discourse

It's spelled Discourthe

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

ItBreathes posted:

That was Squall, buddy. Cloud's a mouthy, swaggering badass (cuz he was in SOLDIER).

I haven't played either game since they came out, but I've finished them both. I remember nothing at all about Squall. I still remember that Cloud is poo poo. Thus, Cloud is worse. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I don't know what you guys are talking about, in my game everyone is called Sephiroth.