Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
what have you done

https://i.imgur.com/r2Vh7E7.mp4

EDIT: Dunno how to timg that, sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Crab Faction Best Faction.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

where are the crabs

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Look, I don't care what you all say, these croissant people or whatever they're called are just a bunch of flaky hippies.
Let's get on with overthrowing the Heavenly Nation!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
The Update With Slightly Less Crabs

Welcome to Boatmurdered.

Its a bit corpsey.

: You got a mark on your face. Get that removed.

: Sounds like a great reason for an adventure!

I take the defense squad out to bring Dead Meat out somewhere. This is to also get him and Gridlock some athletics training. Also hm, how long was that settlement right next to Boatmurdered?

I haven't really explored to the west, so this will kill 3 birds with 1 stone.

This settlement is a ruin named "Expedition 4", which is "owned" by the Tech Hunters. No loot of note here however.

There is a melee between skeleton bandits and crab raiders.

Time to practice the ABCs of Goontang: Always Be Crab.

: Crabbed, wait up! Share some action. Let's gently caress up some skin thieves.

Time for crab

Skeleton bandits are some hardy mother fuckers. Fun fact: Skeleton bandits are mostly greenlanders, crab raiders are mostly scorchlanders.

A perk to joining the Crab Raiders, walking by their patrols will occasionally have them tag along with us for a few hours. A few other factions will do this as well.

Just look at the time [LPer note, do a photoshop of that meme image but replace the dark souls guy with a crab raider]

Why hurt crab :saddowns:

Aggravatingly, Crane and Scalding Coffee keep getting caught up on geometry and are all the way out here, the fight is in the top right.

I don't know if its a quirk that skeleton bandits do, but they all typically stand back up at the same time and all of them spout various robot phrases:

:
I am not mortal.
Victory is impossible
Give up. You cannot win.
I am a million years old.
I'm made of metal.
Resistance is futile.
My bones are solid steel
I do not feel... pain.

And something I thought was pretty cute, they carry repair kits.

Let's compare Gridlocked to an adult crab. Crab big.

: gently caress, all that blood, it wont stop coming out!

Crab Raiders also patch us up!

Continuing on west we get close to 2 more settlements. Sadly the crab raider patrol stopped following.

The northern settlement is another reaver camp....

The southern one is a skeleton bandit stronghold.

At first I thought these buildings were broken walls. But nope, houses. These metal houses are cool, I wonder where I can find a blueprint for them.

: Deeper into the Forbidden Zone... This place doesn't feel so good. Brings to mind the forsaken howlers you hear of only in songs... "They'll suck out your eyes with no-one to hear your cries"...

: I do not need eyeballs. The Shek are trained in the art of blind war as mere children. I am prepared. My eyeballs are ready.

: ... Blind war? ......Why?

: In the case that forsaken howlers are to suck our eyes out.

: Well. The Shek are prepared for everything, aren't they?

: Yes. Yes, we are.

Along the way we come across some very green water. This water is acidic. It is a VERY bad idea to put organics in there. Hivers and Skeletons however are perfectly fine in there.

Wait what the gently caress? Some Nomads showed up.

To give you an idea, they had to take this entire path to get here. These guys are hardcore. They would have to walk through the area with the giant orbital cannon, through an area infested with beak things, then through reaver territory.

Back with the defense squad, there is a metric fuckload of landbats hanging around... And they're on a stretch of land that breaks up the acid river.

Oh but thats ok, some Hivers are fighting the landbats. They're from a place called South Hive, and they're purple as opposed to uh.. light yellow like western hive or blue like the fogmen.

: *girlish shriek in Skeleton*

Ah Spring, its been a spell, hasn't it?

Heading into the dome, I have Dead Meat talk to Grey here.

: I heard you can help me...

: Hiding slaves is what I do. Now, hold still while I hide those markings... Alright. That should keep you out of the slaver's sights.

: I owe you one.

: You owe me nothing. Pass it along.

This is a neat mechanic, instead of having to wait out a timer to finally get your slave status removed, Grey here can remove it immediately! I don't think anyone else does this, so its not really something you would do early game considering where Spring is. Woulda been cool if there was an anti slaver refuge or 2 in a more accessible area with someone who can do this.

Meanwhile, I sent Lela to investigate that Skeleton Bandit area and jesus christ acid rain and thunder! And since the skeleton bandits are just humans, they are taking damage from it. hosed up!

Sneaking into the large building, it turns out this place is the skeleton bandit HQ, with the leader named Elder. He is an actual Skeleton! If we weren't hostile with him, it would be possible to join them. Elder's thing is brainwashing people into thinking they're skeletons and kill people to sacrifice to Strobe. Why does Elder do this?

He just likes seeing humans kill one another.

Back at base, I bought a dustcoat blueprint and start churning them out. For one, they look loving snazzy.

They may not have as much protective power as the leather armor, but look at that coverage. The leather armor covers chest, stomach, right arm and left arm at 100/70/80/80% rate. These cover not only those 4 at a 100% rate, but both legs at 60% and head at 25%. I feel more coverage is worth the slightly lower defensive stats.

Also they look wicked cool.

: Time for a walk.

I take Mirage out exploring, I want to scout the area around Black Scratch in more detail. First this farming village.

Just a regular village, its strange that HN lands have so much farms but UC lands barely have any.

Also my god, thats a dick. That is straight up rock cock and balls.

: Did you hear Tinfist struck the stonecamp last night?

: Shh, keep your voice down! Anyone hears you spreading stories about that guy and you'll be beaten to the ground...

: ..... *glug glug*

Tinfist is so dreamy :allears:

Heading east...

We stumble upon a village called Cult Village. Odd name, that.

: Moons almighty, make it rain...

:confused:

They attack and I drop Mirage so we can fight, and one of the guards pick him up.

: Flesh for the birds and blood for the sands...

Both the farmers and guards take up arms and rush Lela and Ibble...

They can hit enemies for 70-80 damage, but the sheer number of enemies is letting hits get in.

Discretion is the better part of valor!

: They got away.

: Why are we coming back?

: Cause his life is not for someone else to take.

Mirage is tied up to a pole in the middle of the farmland.

Then a bunch of grass pirates show up and start fighting the cultists.

Oh no, the faction who attacked us on sight are now hostile towards us :eyeroll:

.... Oh gently caress.

Lela gets tied up next to Mirage and multiple guards descend upon him and start cutting into him.

: FFFFUUUUUCCCKKK

Jesus christ, they loving eviscerated him. Cut both of his legs off and an arm before he finally died.

: Let the blood of the fallen nurture our soils.

And they waste no time in going after Lela :gonk:

: THE PAIN!

Then a few ko'd grass pirates stood back up and aggro'd all the guards, giving Lela time to pick her lock.

: Don't get your rags in a twist!

And Lela takes off, Ibble slowly gains consciousness and picks her lock.

Sadly Ibble has a broken leg and can't run off.

She goes down, and Lela manages to run in just in time to pick her back up and run off.

: What happened to you two?

: Where is the racist?

: Don't worry. I'm going to bed and then we are all gonna go out on a trip.

Most of the main squad is in their kicking rad dustcoats. These take a long time to make, 15 hours at base level. Dr Snark does make them faster with her 90+ skill in armor making, but it still takes a hot minute.

On the way back to the cult village, we stumble upon a single cultist being mobbed by reavers. Good! gently caress those guys!

Back at the village, we see the farmers casually tending to their crops while guards slice up grass pirates. How quaint.

: GUESS WHO'S BACK :byodame:

Things go way smoother when you aren't outnumbered 15 to 1.

: That's it, that's it! Help me out!

: They told me I couldn't fight. I proved them wrong.

There ya go you weirdos, the crops are fully bathed in blood.

And in saving the grass pirates, at least those who are still alive, we managed to slowly reconcile with them :unsmith:

Looting the shacks, the chests are full of various crops. Makes sense I guess, they do a lot of farming.

One of the bandits follows Lela around. Funnily enough, she is still considered hostile and the cursor turns red when I mouse over her. And whenever a fight breaks out some overzealous goons try to take a swing at her.

Alright, time to bust into the HQ of the cult, take out the head honcho.

CHAAA....arge? Oh uh... well then. Meet The Preacher. For some reason he is dying with a head wound at -71. Actually, a handful of cultist are already knocked out in here. I have no idea what happened, maybe in the earlier skirmish they took some blows and didn't have medkits to patch them back up?

The Preacher however, has a Meitou grade moon cleaver. Meitou grade is the best possible grade, and its kinda funny that I just stumbled upon this. Even if The Preacher didn't have a mysterious wound to the head, his stats are only at 45 and he doesn't wear any armor minus his armored hood. This would be a pretty easy place to grab yourself an end game weapon...

Brougal is the first hacker user I clicked on, so congrats Brougal!

The chests inside the HQ are far more lucrative then the ones in the shacks. Several pearl urns, vases and sake laying around.

: Hey, wait up!

: Yeah baby!

Shaguar!

Thunderclan's stats aren't too shabby. With martial arts like that, she'll be another MA user.

Now that everyone is rested, its time to give the newbies some trial by fire. I'm gonna go after 2 reaver camps, I'll be taking both the exploration squad and the defense squad. Boatmurdered has been pretty quiet, minus whatever random patrols come across the place, but those are easily taken care of by the mounted crossbows.

For some strange reason all the reavers by the gate are KO'd. I have no idea what happened here but hey.

Rip and tear!

Most of the reavers are in buildings and are just slowly trickling out.

Oh no crab got stuck :saddowns:

Lela runs into the domed building and uh... hm...

Imagine running into a building and 10 guys start screaming at you, swords held high.

But once everyone else came in it was a mop up. Time to loot the place.

Thankfully the reavers don't release the slaves and sick them on us. Also if you look in the background, the blood from the dome building actually goes through the floor and under it.

Sadly, the reaver slaves seem to be broken. Whenever I pick their cages and shackles they don't leave. Some of them react like they would, but they never jump out of the cage. If I try to forcefully set them free they will immediately hop right back in. If I pick them up and walk off then drop them, they walk back to the cage. Sadly, we cannot free the slaves in reaver camps.

Also Jimmydalad lost an arm. Thankfully there are plenty of longswords that he can use laying around.

Aaaand when having him rest in a bed a reaver stands up and goes to attack him. What an rear end in a top hat.

Oh... hey there crab raider dude. Why are you here?

The loot here is... really odd. Lots of stuff in the containers here, random backpacks, medkits, various booze, cats, cutlery.

Handful of reaver slaves come walking into the camp. Since they aren't in cages I pick their locks. Only a few run, but the rest stay still. I think they aren't coded properly...

After getting everyone patched up and rested, I head down to the other reaver camp.

I didn't get a screenshot of it, but in the last camp they had their turrets set inside of the gates, rather then outside. So instead of charging in, I pull back behind the hills to take out the reavers that came after us.

Hilariously, while the hills are safe, there is acid rain going on at the camp. So the reavers are slowly dying

And as I was prepping sending in the skeletons and hivers, 2 groups of reavers decide to come around to the base. So there goes that idea, time to retreat...

Oh wait, a third group came in from behind :shepface:

Aaaand while fighting those guys, the ones who came into the base went into medic mode for the ones we knocked out, got close to see us, and are now in attack mode :shepicide:

Wait. Wait wait wait. Wait. Hold the gently caress up. HOLD THE gently caress UP.

This ENTIRE TIME I've been here not ONE single raid has happened. None. Not a single loving time, and I've been here for a while. And NOW the reavers are going to raid Boatmurdered?!

fffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Reminder, the only people still in Boatmurdered are laborers. I pick up the wounded and haul everyone back home.

I didn't get a screenshot, but the most hosed up part? The raid didn't even spawn from a reaver settlement, they spawned pretty drat close to Boatmurdered.

And we were doing so good here too.

And while running back a handful of scavengers decided to attack us. Assholes.

God, look at all of those assholes.

Even with a rank 3 gate, with people fixing it, the reavers are gonna get in there before the actual fighters can arrive.

And oh god, Vadoc was carrying Gridlocked and got ko'd and a reaver is trying to butcher him.

Crab friends HELP

: I've been through too much poo poo to let YOU take me down.

The first handful of Goontang manages to reach Boatmurdered and starts working on the reavers.

Sadly, some of them are already inside and took out the crossbows on the walls.

Gridlocked, Slaan and Don Jo are currently huddling around our crab allies, there is still reavers from the settlement chasing after us. Everyone is just kinda everywhere at this point.

And then the scavengers join the fun. Thankfully they seem more interested in fighting reavers then fighting us.

: MY ARM!!

Oh gently caress, Huo shouldn't even be fighting but there goes an arm. She gave her arm to make sure Boatmurdered's gate stood strong.

God that was a clusterfuck. Funnily enough, a bunch of the slaves just hung around the wall, not joining the fight. As the reavers drop they would pick their locks and run off. Be free!

Sadly... Vadoc is still back here, and he got slapped around again. He is enslaved.

There was only 1 reaver who stuck around him, so I sent Lela on over. Sadly Lela was already heavily wounded and a single crossbow bolt sent her down :shepface:

: Open your eyes. Look at me. I am your new king. I am the one who will transform you into a warrior, from a coward. From a coward who turns their back on the starving.. Who allows the "noble" snakes to lord over the lands... And does nothing! Who turns a blind eye to all atrocities in the name of survival. But, now.. This is your chance to change, to be a hero and shed your shameful past. Now is your chance to prove yourself! But not alone... As part of a brotherhood. As part of a revolution! Welcome, my brother, to your new home.

So reavers are revolutionaries who take extreme measures for their cause (they are against UC nobility, but gladly use slavery)

Lela manages to gain conciousness while being patched up.

: Shoulda left me for dead!

: Shoulda just walked away!

God dammit. Another prick to her stomach and she went down. And then this fucker stole my masterwork assassin's rags and dark leather shirt!

Then he uh... just ran off. Leaving Vadoc and Lela shackled and wounded in the desert.

Welp.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Kenshi!

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

quote:

Aggravatingly, Crane and Scalding Coffee keep getting caught up on geometry and are all the way out here, the fight is in the top right.

Excuse me, I'm marking my territory, thanks.
Yes, that means all of the wasteland, why do you ask? Unrelatedly, I think I'm getting dehydration.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Thaaat's Kenshi! :allears: Look on the upside, everyone must have mega-Toughness from this, you've got room for some cool cybernetics, and Vadoc's a spy in the base that thieving Reaver bastard must've run off to, and is probably getting some free Strength and Toughness training to boot!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Oh no my arm! :stonk:

Thunderclan
Dec 24, 2013
Woo! Finally found my way into this crazy band :D Now to hope I don't die or get horribly maimed instantly

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I'm not dead yet! And I have a sweet beard!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
And now that I made a proper update, I can feel less like a sell out mentioning I started another LP for Dragon's Dogma :v: . Its a challenge run of the post game dungeon, but I do it right at the start instead of waiting to come in after the main game.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889074

If you want to see the chemistry that Ibble and I share or the lack of it

Leal fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 10, 2019

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Crab friend saved me :unsmith:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Ah the southeast. It's fun fun times full of roaming crazies everywhere beating each other up.

Did you turn up the dismemberment? :O

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Nope, though I have considered it. I think more dismembering is happening because the people in this area typically have both higher stats and their equipment is higher grade then the previous areas. Easier to hit that threshold where the limb gets damaged enough to get cut off.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Eh, it shouldn't be an issue so long as we can replace severed limbs with prosthetics shaped like crab parts.

We do have crabrosthetics, right? :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cheap rear end economy arms for everyone

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Time to see who's the best at making robot bits and track down some serious grade robot arm blueprints.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hivers make best limbs.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Hivers make best limbs.

well they need limbs the most so story checks out

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
🦀 Do 🦀 Not 🦀 gently caress 🦀 with 🦀Crab 🦀 Friends 🦀

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Leal posted:

: Deeper into the Forbidden Zone... This place doesn't feel so good. Brings to mind the forsaken howlers you hear of only in songs... "They'll suck out your eyes with no-one to hear your cries"...

: I do not need eyeballs. The Shek are trained in the art of blind war as mere children. I am prepared. My eyeballs are ready.

: ... Blind war? ......Why?

: In the case that forsaken howlers are to suck our eyes out.

: Well. The Shek are prepared for everything, aren't they?

: Yes. Yes, we are.

lmao

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Spongebob extra voice: MY LEG

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

An entire army of sekiros

Gather up all your ninjas with prosthetics in one place and call it Ashina

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Scalping and Skinning

So.. yeah. Vadoc just chilling while Lela coughs up blood in a bush. I can dig it. Since his blade was left behind Vadoc picks it back up and picks up Lela.

Hey we found crab friends! Its always nice to have a power in the region as an ally.

But of course we run into more Reavers. I try and get Vadoc to help out...

Yeah. Yeah, pretty much worked how you think it would. Thankfully though Lela starts getting back up.

Woop woop woop woop!

And Lela gets knocked out, but Vadoc is back up :v: This is like getting a buddy to be assholes in Space Station 13, before the no fun mods come in and declare you metagaming. Maybe my friend and I's character knew one another before the round started you antifun police :mad:

: Just for that, no food for a week, whelp.

Back in Rebirth this was threatened too. It'd be funny if they actually went through with it and your hunger started dipping to 0.

Oh hey guess who got back up :razz:

Finally! Freedom!

Why didn't I just send in Goontang Clan? Cause that woulda been boring.

: So whats the haps, chrome dome?

: Thats not a polite thing to call Vadoc after what he's been through.

: ?????

: We're gonna hit the Reavers back, hard. First it was just fun, they cut off some limbs and we loving murder a few dozen of them. But you know how long it took me to grow that mane?!

While prepping armor for the eventual raid, I realize Green was on his stomach on the walls, lost his leg at some point. I got him a scout leg, lets him run faster.

Wigs aren't a thing but I guess a red bandana will work well enough.

Alright, almost everyone is in their kickin rad trench coats now. Time to attack Ark.

And as we approach, the Reavers are already in a scrap with the Skeleton Bandits. Lets sit back and see how this goes.

Er... wow... thats a lot of Reavers.

Like... A lot of Reavers. And each Skeleton Bandit they bring down and enslave makes them more numerous.

God drat there is a lot of Reavers.

Meanwhile, hidden behind a rig, the entire clan is in stealth mode.

: You got a plan?

: They got the entire god drat region in there?!

I didn't realize there was a dying man on this ridge, so Reavers start to trickle over.

Look at this guy on the bottom, he jacked one of the skeleton bandit's face masks!

Thats ok, I'll send our artillery piece to do 125-135 loving damage on a group of the Reavers. Good lord pack bulls are insane.

I don't want the clan to spread out and draw in more Reavers, but because the Reavers use crossbows I have to make someone run out and attack them to get them to stop.

: Alright well, its night out. We can probably sneak in, but I broke my ankle. Its time for you to be a Goontang hero.

: ... All by myself?!

: Don't worry, if you get enslaved and are forced to fight for them we'll be sure to not point Average Lettuce in your direction.

There are a LOT of Reavers here.

Also I never focused on this, there is a throne here. I assume the leader sits here during the day, and there is a room behind it with a bed but its empty. I look around the are and click on random people...

Oh hey, the leader of the Reavers! Valamon, just laying on some random bedroll. It was luck I managed to click on him, considering he looks like every other Reaver. He has a 50k UC bounty on his head as well.

So I mean... he is just sleeping there so...

: Scoop!

Well uh, that was easy.

: Beautiful night for a night run, isn't it boss?

: Pay up, sucker

: Grumble...

Mission succeeded! And no one lost a limb this time!

Sadly Valamon doesn't have anything to say when we throw him into the cell, we can't talk to him. I got something in mind for him later though.

First though, we're gonna take this off his hands. I believe I throw this onto Drakenel

Crab Raiders fight some Skeleton Bandits around Boat Murdered

: Let's gently caress up some skeleton zealots.

They're always up for a throw down.

Speaking of crabs, I pick up another crab friend, That Guy Bob!

Size comparison of a babby crab and adult crab.

Alright, time to see what has happened with Ark now that the Reavers lost their leader.

Its... quiet, certainly.

Oh, hey! Sup crab friends!

The Crab Raiders have moved in on Ark now that Valamon is gone. Now we'll have more crab friends running around, and Reavers are gone.

Sadly his throne was removed, so I can't have Lela sit in it. Its been replaced with a shop counter, but I don't know if a shopkeep pops up here.

What about other Reaver holdings?

Oh hey, its those purple Hivers again. Yeah, the South Hive take over all the Reaver Camps. I think it also includes the one northeast of Ark, which would be weird that the South Hive passed Ark to get there, or that the Crab Raiders let the South Hive move in to an encampment so close to them.

And yeah, Crab Raiders don't like the South Hive.

Whats really weird though is that even though the Reavers were despawned and buildings changed around, the slaves are still here. Even weirder is how they do not react at all. If they're released the Hivers will attack them, they don't even bother jumping back into the cages. I think their AI broke.

While the fight breaks out, here is some dialogue from the South Hivers:

: Whack them on the head, soften up the flesh...

: Red, red, red!

: Just give us your red bits!

Apparently they also like eating people, but at least they're civilized enough to prep their food instead of munching on people whole.

The dome building here is simply called "trashed" and I mean hell, same.

Er... maybe... I shouldn't unlock it. Weirdly enough the game bugged out when I went to pick the lock and let me see inside. Then Lela got stuck.

Besides the increase in Crab Raiders, suddenly there is a lot more Scavengers running around. Makes sense, a lot of the Reaver slaves are from the Scavenger faction. Now there is no Reavers to enslave them, they're free to go around. Shame that they're hostile...

There is also a bunch of bounty hunters running around now. Odd.

So I go on a journey with every ninja character. On this journey I decide to pick up a new recruit.

: Then maybe you wanna hire me. I'm an expert gunner. Fee's 4000 Cats.

Iceblocks is as he says he is, a gunner. He'll be a part of the stay at home squad, manning the turrets. Why don't any of these people with skills in turrets have skills in precision shooting :shepface:

Back at Boatmurdered, I don't think I ever explained weapon crafting. Like armorsmithing your skill determines the quality of the item made, but unlike armorsmithing that quality is capped depending on the bench. There is onyl 1 chainmail bench, 1 leather bench, etc. But not for weaponsmithing, you need to research tiers and then build the upgraded benches to be able to craft at higher tiers, even if you got the skills for it. I had a tier 3 bench up, but I went and made a tier 2 because at tier 3 a weapon needs steel bars, tier 2 only uses iron plates.

I don't think weaponsmithing xp changes on difficutly, its just a flat xp gain over time. So I want to use iron plates for grinding and save my steel for wanting to make weapons I'll use.

And while exploring... :getin:

o/~ Rudeboy bass, mash up de place! o/~

All of these buildings are labeled hydroponics, lets take a peek inside.

me irl

ME IRL

But weed jokes aside, these hydroponic buildings also each have a small security bot in them. The farm is owned by the Blackshifters, who are the swamp gang who run casinos. Must be a way to grow the stuff without the Hounds knowing about it.

So yeah, I loving traveled EVERYWHERE. Maybe not in the north, but I went to Mongrel, Squin, through the Swamps, the east and south UC cities. God drat everywhere! And for who?

Trying to find a god drat skeleton recruit :byodood:

Finally, Tin Tim is in! I felt bad having him wait so long. I'll eventually grab the other remaining skeleton request, maybe in another 2 months or something.

Oh yes. Yessssss

: First time, anything I should know?

: You'll learn quick. We seem to be a magnet for trouble. If it isn't something organized its the drat wildlife.

: So who am I shooting?

: Kinda hard to make out. They're....

: They're... hard to make out. Tan on tan.

: They're... uuuh.... what the gently caress.

: What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

: :gonk:

:stonklol:

: What the gently caress?!

: These things are horrifying!

: I mean how did he phase through the bars?1

Cheating rear end mother fuckers.

Skin Bandits! They're a part of the 4 factions that make up this area, though they're extremely down southwest and haven't really bothered us till now. Skeleton Bandits wearing platemail and insisting they're skeletons? Now meet skeletons who tear off human flesh and think they're humans!

They wear human flesh that has been stitched together with wire, they have old CPU units in them that kills them if you take it out, and funnily enough, they carry regular medkits on them. Like how Skeleton Bandits carry repair kits.

Stat wise they're the same as the other factions here, in the 50s, generally standard or higher quality gear. These guys are skeletons though, with the 200 HP, but they don't wear any protective armor. They do carry club weapons though, ensuring they can knock people out quickly.

Weirdly enough though, after breaking the gate they all promptly pissed off minus a few.

It seems like half the war party got caught up on the way here, that lower red circle never showed up to Boatmurdered.

: BARF

: Jesus CHRIST

So yeah, Lela just ate 124 loving damage to her chest. LP over!

This came from someone on the tower shooting at this Skeleton Bandit. I blame our new gunner!

: Careful, crabbed ones. They tend to skewer their own kind here.

Where were you assholes when the raid happened.

: AND DON'T YOU DARE AIM A CROSSBOW ANYWHERE IN THIS CARDINAL DIRECTION!

Sure enough, they got caught up in another fight. Ladies and gents, robots who think they're humans vs humans who think they're robots!

You know, I'm kinda disappointed that Skeleton Bandits don't go further and have prosthetics on them. Skin bandits wear human skin, skeleton bandits willingly delimb themselves to put on skeleton limbs.

One of the skin bandits grabbed a black dragon ninja and just starts booking it. While the rest of the clan takes out the weakened skin and skeleton bandits, I send Lela out to follow this guy.

: A traveller? Don't get many victim here in the pits...

Awkward.....

The skin bandit manages to run past the crab raiders, and hey here is a shot I thought was neat.

I discover 2 areas following this skeleton, those names aren't too promising....

Meet the Creepy Outpost. AKA, Skinhouse HQ.

Lots of Skin Bandits here. Note that it is currently raining, but there was a bit where it was acid raining. So these Skeletons wear human skins, in an area where there is acid rain. Lovely.

As Lela gets spotted, the skeleton runs into a building with his prisoner in tow. Shortly after...

: FUUUUUUCKKKK

: STOP! STOP!!

Oh what the gently caress. We are looking at a machine that has "scoops" on it, with a blade on the edge, spinning rapidly against the victim. Its rapidly draining her leg hit points.

Doing some professional kiting, Lela manages to pick their lock. Fun fact, you can leave mid pick and the progress is saved!

The ninja lost both of her legs, Lela also takes a few nasty hits but we're out of there!

Among all these skeletons however is a scorchlander named Savant, who has an 80k bounty on his head with the UC. Again, a parallel to the Skeleton Bandits, who are led by a Skeleton.

: Oh poo poo, oh poo poo, oh poo poo, oh poo poo

: ....Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Lela throws down the ninja and starts patching her up, she is really close to bleeding out.

As if things couldn't get any worse!

: So whose the stiff?

: Give me a moment, I've seen some things

: :barf:

: Feeling any better?

: You took me out of that torture device, ran me across the desert, patched me up and kept me safe while I recuperated?

: Yep, want to join? Its harsh out there.

: Nah I'm good.

: What

o/~ Hello darkness, my old friend, I've come to talk with you again o/~

o/~ And in the naked light I saw, ten thous-

*record scratch*

: Like hell am I gonna be told by a half naked, half limbed cripple that they're too good for me!

Kenshi - Imprisoning a amputee so they join me

And now the Southern Hive is sending raids our way from the ex Reaver camps.

QUIT CHEATING YOU ASSHOLES

The AI really prioritizes people on turrets. I'm gonna have to start spreading our people out to keep the ramps on lockdown.

You got a little red on your purple.

Don't think I mentioned it, but South Hive are also pretty much like the rest of the locals. Stats around the 40s/50s though their gear usually isn't at standard quality. Fan of polearms, they almost killed Gridlocked. That bonus to animals is rough.

: More blood on my hands. You know, I don't even like fighting.

You're in the wrong clan, my robot.

So hey, how about we take a peek at our characters? Most of the old guard is hitting 50s in their stats, some getting close to 60. With a handful of newbies and the stay at home squad, lets compare bodies.

Velo has some broad shoulders from the martial arts skills, but Guarstine doesn't despite his 8 pack. Fat Samurai has lower stats, but a broader shoulder because of his weaponsmithing skill.

Funnily enough, even robots are effected. Tin Tim with his 3 strength compared to Agnu's 50. How does a robot grow from strength training? How does a robot even train their strength? *shrug*

Slaan and Annihilated and the height difference is amazing. Its odd, Shek don't seem to get muscle definition as good as humans do. These two are at Guarstine's level but their abs are shallow.

Here is Dirk compared to Lela, Lela's high strength, toughness and martial arts makes her loving JACKED. Ibble is the same as well.

Now if you're some sicko who doesn't like strong women, say if you're a weirdo who likes lithe, thin, big titted fapbait blonde Bowsette, and not the true muscle, redhead Bowsette, no worries. There is a mod that removes muscle definition from females, you sheltered nerd.

Anyways, back to our new recruit

LPers note: The dialogue in the prisoner recruit mod for these guys is.. pretty weeby. I know this is a game with katanas and samurai and sake, but I haven't had anyone call me a baka gaijin. So I'm gonna heavily alter the recruit dialogue.

: Ready to join?

: Yeah.

Looks like no day can be leg day :lol:

SquirrelGrip has a nice collection of weapon skills, field medic as well. I think I'll throw polearms on her.

Hell, I'll go ahead and put in the dialogue log for recruiting:

Just to note, you can say the wrong things and have to wait to recruit again. So I had to see this several times before finally getting it right.

Leal fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 9, 2019

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Hey, I may have lost 100 cats on that bet, but I got a sweet Meitou sword out of the deal.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
We might need to go on a shopping run for robot parts at this rate.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Don't give her polearms, leave her arms alone. Hasnt she suffered enough without losing more limbs to bad prosthetics?! :gonk:

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
The only way I've found to keep dudes away from my turret people is to either put the stairs way away from where they actually are, or stick them all up in a tower and lock the doors when a raid appears.

The Bold Kobold
Aug 11, 2014

Bold to the point of certain death.
Glad to see we finally got to the Skin Bandits.

:gonk:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

The only way I've found to keep dudes away from my turret people is to either put the stairs way away from where they actually are, or stick them all up in a tower and lock the doors when a raid appears.

Or hold the fight outside the gate. When a raid approaches the melee people go stand in front of the gate, and fight the enemy there. Meanwhile gunners can fire uninterrupted, and the enemy can't scatter into the base to threaten noncombatants or just be hard to catch.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Fighting... outside the gate? :confused:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Nuthin' like the apocalypse to getcha swole.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Deadmeat5150 posted:

One strat I've heard is to basically only have skeletons on turrets, and then strand them up there by destroying the ramp, thus preventing anyone from reaching them. Give them a repair kit to carry and everything should be A-OK!

in theory.

Also, making a U-shaped killbox. This might have been demonstrated with really alarming success in the main thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also turrets have a thing where the operators wont come down for food and so you're checking out your crew to make sure they're eating. :|

Hi Skin Bandits. You're terrifying. Make some of your dudes wear it. :v

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Leal posted:

LPers note: The dialogue in the prisoner recruit mod for these guys is.. pretty weeby. I know this is a game with katanas and samurai and sake, but I haven't had anyone call me a baka gaijin. So I'm gonna heavily alter the recruit dialogue.

: Ready to join?

: Yeah.

That is very heavily altered.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Dareon posted:

That is very heavily altered.

Well now I'm just even more curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah that's a thing with Skin Bandits. Their goal is to kidnap people and run off. Anyone will do. Once they've got enough victims they just pull back which is probably what happened with the main group in your case.

My base in the area is always full of comatose reavers and skeletons. When the Skin Bandits pop by, they're pretty much cleaning up a mess for me.