Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

I'm gonna assume in the books it'll be something like Mel hears that Stannis has been defeated and killed on the same day Jon dies, she finally clicks with her fire visions where she can only see snow, she burns Shireen to bring him back.

It will never stop being weird that people try to defend Stannis. He's a bigger oval office in the books than he is in the show. He's definitely burning Shireen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheRat posted:

It will never stop being weird that people try to defend Stannis. He's a bigger oval office in the books than he is in the show. He's definitely burning Shireen.

he's nowhere near shireen and is busy retaking winterfell and saving everyone successfully

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

TheRat posted:

He's so far away from Shireen about to go into the battle that he dies in in the show. I don't think it's possible for him to burn Shireen.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Also he is a giant rear end in a top hat and empty gesture as it may be "if i die you fucks better put my girl on the throne" is good dad by GoT standards.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
he also doesn't actually believe in any of the lord of light stuff and is just going along with it for his wife

but then grrm did say burning shireen was one of the 3 big twists/spectacles/shocks post-red wedding, so who knows

Lowly
Aug 13, 2009

quote:

Arya arrives in King's landing with the Hound but then they go their seperate ways. She gets caught up on all the destruction of the city and ends up helping a group of people trying to survive. Some debris falls on her and it looks like she's dead but the very last shot of the episode is her waking up and getting on a horse and getting leaving

LOLOLOLOL what

Like I know these leaks, if real, are just descriptions of random screen caps but on paper they sound like the writers were actually like “what’s the most anticlimactic way we could wrap up every plot line? Let’s go with that!”

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Laterite posted:

he also doesn't actually believe in any of the lord of light stuff and is just going along with it for his wife

but then grrm did say burning shireen was one of the 3 big twists/spectacles/shocks post-red wedding, so who knows

What were the others? I'm guessing Hodor was one.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Saving civilians is the lame job they give the B-team of superheroes.

Great job, Falconer! Thank goodness you were here to carry those puppies away from the battle while Captain America beat the poo poo out of Dr. Doom.

This is also the job they give to the hero's girlfriend in action movies.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

esperterra posted:

Like how do you not find poo poo like this funny:

https://news.avclub.com/mans-year-long-quest-to-pay-back-the-troll-who-spoiled-1834487235

e: oh it has endgame spoilers so don't click if you don't want em

Good lord that’s pathetic and I hope everything he likes is spoiled for him the rest of his life.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What were the others? I'm guessing Hodor was one.

- Shireen
- Hodor
- TBA / happen apparently is 3

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Lowly posted:

LOLOLOLOL what

Like I know these leaks, if real, are just descriptions of random screen caps but on paper they sound like the writers were actually like “what’s the most anticlimactic way we could wrap up every plot line? Let’s go with that!”

"On second thought, let's not go to King's Landing. 'Tis a silly place."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kater posted:

Oh I thought that said Rickon fell on her.

Sansa shows up and steps on them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Lowly posted:

Do we even know about Bloodraven in the show? I don't remember him at all. I did read the books but I haven't read them since 8 years ago, so I don't remember a lot of details. Even the stupidest plot points in the show have at least been based around established characters and things in their history and not just "oh you see there was this guy we didn't tell you about ... and it's been him all along!"

In the books, Bloodraven/Three-Eyed Raven has a big red birthmark on their face in the shape of a raven (hence the nickname). In the show, Max Von Sydow has no birthmark, but that's more likely because he was like "I'll read this nonsense, but I'm not wearing any stupid makeup." They didn't even both trying to match Sydow's look to the previous season's actor.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

bloodraven not being a body horror tree monster is the show's biggest adaptation crime

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

TheRat posted:

How?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Yeah the thing about Shireen burning was less that it happened and more how it happened. It basically was a sign that it’s okay Stannis died because he’s a bad guy now

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oh I don’t think the show will pull a “bran is bloodraven and he’s been behind the scenes all along”, I think that’s where the books are going and the show is going to incredibly neuter it to get to “well a literal omniscient god is a just ruler right?”

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Zedd posted:

- Shireen
- Hodor
- TBA / happen apparently is 3

3's gotta be Jon killing Dany, it's the biggest and most obvious "holy poo poo!" twist among the leaks.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

He chopped a guy's fingers off for saving his life because he broke the law while doing it.

e: not to mention the whole "killed his little brother with blood magic" thing.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 10, 2019

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

ruddiger posted:

He chopped a guy's fingers off for saving his life because he broke the law while doing it.

e: not to mention the whole "killed his little brother with blood magic" thing.

You're wrong about the first one, the chopping wasn't for saving him it was for the years of smuggling preceeding it. Anyway, it doesn't answer my question. How is he going to burn Shireen?

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Stannis's not evil, it's right there on his sheet that he's Lawful Neutral.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My bad, I thought you were asking how is Stannis a oval office.

No idea how or why he'll burn Shireen in the books tho. I doubt he'll do it, Mel will probably do it behind his back or after he's dead more likely.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

ruddiger posted:

My bad, I thought you were asking how is Stannis a oval office.

No idea how or why he'll burn Shireen in the books tho. I doubt he'll do it, Mel will probably do it behind his back or after he's dead more likely.

I can deffo see Mel doing it on her own idiot initiative, yeah.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lowly posted:

LOLOLOLOL what

Pretty much all the leaks are showing there will not be a single satisfying moment in season 8 for pretty much any group of viewers.

Incredible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Raccooon posted:

Pretty much all the leaks are showing there will not be a single satisfying moment in season 8 for pretty much any group of viewers.

Incredible.

You may not be able to satisfy everyone but you sure as poo poo can disappoint everyone.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Raccooon posted:

Incredible.

I mean we all know you decided to blindly hate everything a long time ago, but there are plenty of us who actually like the direction the plot is heading, we just didn't like the way episode 4 was executed.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

TheRat posted:

I mean we all know you decided to blindly hate everything a long time ago, but there are plenty of us who actually like the direction the plot is heading, we just didn't like the way episode 4 was executed.

Nah I’m more a newcomer to this show is hot garbage. Was liking it until S8E3

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Dany going full postal is pretty weak.
Political shenanigans is the show's strength and there ain't much of that this season.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crimpolioni posted:

I can deffo see Mel doing it on her own idiot initiative, yeah.

King's blood to res Jon/attempt to clear the blizzard for Stannis/both.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Cersei dieing to debris is gonna be great because in episode 6 we'll get a post credit scene where Qyburn excavates Cersei and Jaime's corpse, sew them together and reanimates them

"That which was once one shall be one again. Arise my pretty!"

THE END?

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 10, 2019

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm sure they're going to pull another "Sansa and Arya had a genius plot all along" like they did with Littlefinger, which is why they didn't show us their reaction to Jon's lineage and cut straight to Arya peacing out, but it's so loving sloppy and amateurish to make a big twist based on off screen actions with absolutely nothing to lead the audience to believing it's the logical conclusion. But they're absolutely doing it. Look at how Sansa and Arya argued last season all to be plotting off screen and how Sansa acted to Dany this season. That or the writers are just making her character extremely stupid and petty for no reason at all which is equally likely honestly.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck show Sansa, Sophie Turner deserved so much better. They all did. Except Euron, gently caress that guy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

TheRat posted:

I like the direction it's going, a lot of the major beats are what I expect out of the books. The quality of the show is just poo poo now, and that's okay. I'm at peace with it being high budget action fantasy schlock now and I look forward to the battle on Sunday :shrug:

At least we'll be able to see what's going on 'cause King's Landing is a sunny place despite the fact it should be snowing there r/n. Though I still expect the battle to happen at night lmao

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Bottom Liner posted:

Except Euron, gently caress that guy.

From what I've seen in social media Euron's actor seems like a really cool guy that just got handed a really lovely script. At least he seems to be having fun

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Can't really hate on the guy. You get handed a lovely low effort script, you might as well have some fun with it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Yeah, Pilou Asbæk seems like he read the script, shrugged, and went 'might as well have some fun with this!'

ruddiger posted:

In the books, Bloodraven/Three-Eyed Raven has a big red birthmark on their face in the shape of a raven (hence the nickname). In the show, Max Von Sydow has no birthmark, but that's more likely because he was like "I'll read this nonsense, but I'm not wearing any stupid makeup." They didn't even both trying to match Sydow's look to the previous season's actor.

I mean, are you gonna argue with Max Von Sydow?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

LadyPictureShow posted:

Yeah, Pilou Asbæk seems like he read the script, shrugged, and went 'might as well have some fun with this!'

I mean, are you gonna argue with Max Von Sydow?

If he doesn't have a branch growing through his head and out of his already empty eye socket then yes I would even fight Christopher Lee!!!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

bloom posted:

Can't really hate on the guy. You get handed a lovely low effort script, you might as well have some fun with it.

Of all the actors he seems to enjoy this show the most. His facial expression when Dany charges Drogon towards the ships is either good acting or genuine madness growing in his mind.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I liked Euron’s insane cackling when Theon jumped overboard and abandoned Yara.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

esperterra posted:

If he doesn't have a branch growing through his head and out of his already empty eye socket then yes I would even fight Christopher Lee!!!

You'd have absolutely no resistance from Christopher Lee these days, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I liked Euron’s insane cackling when Theon jumped overboard and abandoned Yara.

tbh him being so good at the incredibly bland Euron they gave us just makes me wish he was playing proper Euron.

Also I liked his Batou fight me