Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

From the funny pictures thread:

Does remind me of the time I used ablative cats to distract a Mammoth mechanoid while my colonists pinked it to death.

fake edit: Title suggestion Rimworld: ablative cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Mzbundifund posted:

Cthulhu mod works great in 1.0, and is compatible with everything, but please note that if the robot mod of your choice includes explosive deaths, sacrificing a robot to Nyarlathotep might blow your priest's arms off. Whether or not you consider this a plus is between you and the King in Yellow.

Yesssssss. Also yes to the factions mod.

Honesty I’m thinking of doing a run as Not-CABAL anyway. Androids to start. Cyborg all the organics .... FORCEFULLY! TibRim would be loving perfect for that but I’ll take fighting eldrich horrors instead.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
You're not actually a crash landed group of survivors, you're an exploratory invasion force of the Borg. Establish a colony, become self sufficient, forcefully subjugate the natives, Borg-ify as many organisms as possible, "Resistance is futile" the rest.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

bird food bathtub posted:

You're not actually a crash landed group of survivors, you're an exploratory invasion force of the Borg. Establish a colony, become self sufficient, forcefully subjugate the natives, Borg-ify as many organisms as possible, "Resistance is futile" the rest.

Nerve Staples work pretty well for 'assimilating', there's a major mood debuff to balance it out, and a REAL harsh learning debuff, but as long as one of the androids can learn to make the more advanced stuff, it's fine :v:

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Plus a t5 Android should be perfect to be both researcher and rear end in a top hat leader of such a faction. Gotta find one first tho!

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Ashsaber posted:

From the funny pictures thread:

Good general life advice

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
I find worked stone to be hard to come by and make in huge amounts. Any ideas? Any mods to make more bricks or build a better brickworks?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
At least get a mod that adds back the bulk stone cutting job.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

There really should be some mods that adds auto stone processors and the like. Cost power and is less resource efficient but pawn just plop some stone onto a hopper and pump out bricks

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Have ready access to a supply of chunks and a dude with nothing else assigned to them, then work on another project for an hour or so. You'll have a very hard time clearing your backlog of brick.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Thyrork posted:

I find worked stone to be hard to come by and make in huge amounts. Any ideas? Any mods to make more bricks or build a better brickworks?

The medieval mod has a quarry that you can endlessly pull rock chunks out of.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
There's also a mod that just adds a quarry if you want something lighter, it's also more balanced if I remember right(Being able to run out)

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Deep drills pull out rock chunks forever now in vanilla if you don't put them on a resource patch, too.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
You can also plop down a deep drill and when it's done extracting the resources below, it will start generating infinite granite chunks (as well as bug infestations). I have a secured room set up for this in my base for my miner who had nothing else to do, he produces plenty of materials for bricks and kibble now.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Living under a mountain, I will never have a stone shortage. Well, probably not. I've pretty much hollowed out the southern part of the map where the mountain is at this point.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Nalesh posted:

There's also a mod that just adds a quarry if you want something lighter, it's also more balanced if I remember right(Being able to run out)

I think your colonists can even get injured when they're in the quarry if you're not clearing out the chunks. I like Quarry mod.

You can also change the % chance of finding different resources if you find base to be too much or too little.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I have it at 90% chance for nothing and then 90% chance for chunks after that, seems pretty balanced.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Thyrork posted:

How about an electric stonecutter bench?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I NEED more mods. PLEASE give me them.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Average Bear posted:

I NEED more mods. PLEASE give me them.

Yorkshire Terrors - Precious.

Mortar Accuracy (based on Intellectual and Shooting skill) - Makes mortars a little more interesting and reliable, may be imbalanced.

Show Draftees' Weapon and Color Coded Mood Bar - Useful.

What the hack!? - Megalomaniacal at best.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 11, 2019

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Keeshhound posted:

Yorkshire Terrors - Precious.

Mortar Accuracy (based on Intellectual and Shooting skill) - Makes mortars a little more interesting and reliable, may be imbalanced.

Show Draftees' Weapon and Color Coded Mood Bar - Useful.

What the hack!? - Monomaniacal at best.

Thank you.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Yesssss. Perfect. E: I’m shocked it’s not in the base game honestly. :crossarms:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is silicosis a thing yet?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is silicosis a thing yet?
This would require colonists living for an appreciable period of time to show symptoms.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Asimo posted:

This would require colonists living keeping their own lungs for an appreciable period of time to show symptoms.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Is there a mod that eases the breaks on raid scaling? Tried to do a tribal run and got my rear end handed to me by a big ol pirate raid with guns and flak jackets. I think it was because our shortbow hunters bagger a rhino that season. Something that will wait until my hunter gatherers have pointer sticks before shelling me with mortars.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What storyteller are you playing on? Because if it's not randy then that's why it's trying to gently caress you up.

Otherwise a rhino shouldn't be very significant, something else must be driving your raids up.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It actually was randy. Maybe just a bad roll then.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Just because you're playing tribals, haven't researched anything and your colonists haven't managed to pile some rocks on top of other rocks yet, that doesn't mean those 12 guys with inferno launchers and grenades aren't gonna come kill you, just for your delicious meats

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Are you playing on a hard difficulty setting? That could be it, but you shouldn't be getting big sieges early on unless you've made quite a bit of value.

Early raids are like, one dude with a lovely pistol. Even early sieges shouldn't be more than a handful of dudes.

They do scale up over time I guess so if you've been making very slow progress overall that might be a thing.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Dudes bringing mortars requires a bit more time and wealth in my experience. Maybe it is a mod doing it?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
God drat tribals.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Prepare for Combat lets you tweak the values for raid calculations, I use it to make overall wealth a bit less important : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1722803450

Kafouille fucked around with this message at 11:42 on May 12, 2019

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I'm blanking on how to use Roads of the Rim. I have a small bit of road planned out and it's asking for Stone and Steel, but despite going to the squares with steel, it won't seem to "use" it, and I'm not sure if Stone is asking for bricks or chunks.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Hmm, anyone able to lift RimCuisine off the steam community workshop for me? I don't have a steam key (I like the flexibility of my sendowl links, thank you) and it's one of the few good looking and well designed mods that doesn't seem to have an official non-steam launch. Despite looking pretty impressive and very well graphically done.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

counterfeitsaint posted:

God drat tribals.

No floors?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Anyone familiar with this behavior with deep drills? I have three drills set up around the colony. Only one is being drilled, a jade deposit in the prison bathroom. The other two, set up on a steel deposit in the workshop, will not be mined automatically by any of my many, many miners. Priorities are set to highest for mining (1), but I can only force them to mine it. Which they will for only the shortest amount of time possible before leaving to go idle. This is driving me nuts, my steel supply is super low and I can't micro these orders to get these guys to mine all day.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

jokes posted:

No floors?

Pretty sure it's the 'Marry your father/mother to create peace between our tribes' quest.

I've never taken one because they always want my best dudes, recently had one try to take my sole T5 android.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

nullscan posted:

try to take my sole T5 android.

From what I remember of that mod it seems like that would be the most vicious kind of sabotage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Keeshhound posted:

From what I remember of that mod it seems like that would be the most vicious kind of sabotage.

Sure, if you dont have a level 40 sith with an ultima pearl just itching for an excuse. Doesnt everyone have those?