Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is today's episode worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Not unless you feel you're desperately in need of a recap on what's happened so far.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Can it be next week already? I need the next episode. :ohdear:

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Oh no new episode this week? Bummer.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
these last three episodes have looked amazing so david could take next off too if they wanted to

i would not mind

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it's a national holiday in Japan this weekend for those wondering why we already have another recap episode

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

them getting 3 breaks is dope as hell and more than i expected. i wish they'd been able to have breaks during part 4.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the last 3 episodes were extremely :blessed:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I don't know, this was pretty cool for a recap episode. It's still a recap episode but I like how they put it together.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

what was tony soprano's stand

edit: also only just now watching part 5 after binging through the rest for the first time over the last few months; the antics of this angry murder crew have been pretty entertaining so far

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Crusader posted:

what was tony soprano's stand
Fade to Black.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Accordion Man posted:

Fade to Black.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a new episode tomorrow?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

dunno why there wouldn't be

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Now that Abbacchio is dead, there will be no more recap episodes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RatHat posted:

Is there a new episode tomorrow?

Sorry, King Crimson erased and leapt pass the episode.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Finally, we get the name of the Boss. Now I can finally stop mistakenly posting it before it's revealed. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 10, 2019

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

So happy I can write Diavolo now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Diavolo: I have used my KING CRIMSON to delete the plot point that a virus grants people stands, it will never be relevant

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Diavolo: I have used my KING CRIMSON to delete the plot point that a virus grants people stands, it will never be relevant

It makes no sense in the first place

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm not really sure why midichlorians needed to be a thing in Jojo.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't remember Doppio talking to King Crimson during his "phone calls" being a thing in the manga, did they add it for the anime?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Much like midichlorians, the virus thing never actually matters and is ignored going forward.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not the first or the last stupid explanations for things in JoJos. Jojos is all about further dumb explanations for everything.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the bad guy of this part saying "this guy is the biggest piece of poo poo on Earth."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darko posted:

Not the first or the last stupid explanations for things in JoJos. Jojos is all about further dumb explanations for everything.

True, but this is probably the least satisfying and needless of them all

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I dunno it makes about as much sense as "The Joestar family's stands all turn on because Dio's back." I figured it wasn't literally declaring that as the reason all stands exist, but just the way that the arrow does it.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I said it once and I'll say it again: Green day should have instead been called Down With The Sickness

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
yeah like it's saying stands come from a strong will, and the virus serves as a test for said strong will

Sanctuary is an incredible change for Oasis

dudermcbrohan fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 10, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Cicadalek posted:

I said it once and I'll say it again: Green day should have instead been called Down With The Sickness

That song wouldn't come out until over 2 years after the arc was first published.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The episode is out, yall can just say stuff

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

That song wouldn't come out until over 2 years after the arc was first published.

I don't accept this

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like the bad guy of this part saying "this guy is the biggest piece of poo poo on Earth."

And he's correct.

Do y'all remember the scene where Sorbet gets cut into pieces?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Glagha posted:

I dunno it makes about as much sense as "The Joestar family's stands all turn on because Dio's back."

That's a bit of an oversimplification of the actual explanation: Dio returns, now attached to Jonathan's body. At some point, he meets up with Enya, who pierces him with the Stand Arrow. Dio gets The World for himself, but also (temporarily?) develops Hermit Purple because he's attached to Jonathan's body. The psychic connection that the Joestars have to Jonathan causes them all to develop Stands as well.

Araki really seems to like having psychic bloodline connections. It's why you have things like Enya suddenly bleeding from the same injuries J. Geil had when he died or Trish being able to magically sense Diavolo when he's near.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Electric Phantasm posted:

Cioccolata prob the biggest piece of poo poo in a series with a lot of pieces of poo poo, so good for him

also i love how Green Day Tea is very much a "Araki read about it in a book" stand

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 10, 2019

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i don't have a problem with the explanations for stands, it comes from space, that's cool

it's not midichlorians

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

kars took a big crap and now everyone has powers, bam done

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah i don't really have a problem with the space virus stuff either. Maybe i should? The difference between Fantastical Disease Makes You Sick And Die Or You Have The Will To Overcome It vs Magical Artifact Makes You Sick And Die Or You Have The Will To Overcome It just doesn't feel that distinct to me, nor does it feel like a retcon made to pave over stuff. My only gripe is that it gets rid of people being able to be born with Stands, like Tonio or Rohan, your personality and passions giving you power. In that explanation, i like the idea that Kira got Killer Queen naturally rather than his dad just stabbing him for some reason.

These upcoming episodes are gonna be rad, Ciocolotta and Secco look great. Mista love of shooting poo poo that explodes pays off big, I love him.

overmind2000 posted:

I don't remember Doppio talking to King Crimson during his "phone calls" being a thing in the manga, did they add it for the anime?
It's new yeah. I don't like King Crimsons mouth moving but they have to portray Diavolo talking in some way and all the sshots they do with it look great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Expect My Mom posted:

My only gripe is that it gets rid of people being able to be born with Stands, like Tonio or Rohan, your personality and passions giving you power.

Rohan explicitly stated he was hit by the arrow. And people still are able to be born with stands, several of the part 3 characters were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
most likely people who were born with stands had someone in their ancestors who got hit by an arrow

that explains dio/joestars, diavolo/trish etc