Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

eke out posted:

gotta respect that allison's first instinct here is to punch her face in

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1126957926697054208

She was looking kind of dumb

With her sigil and her crown

In the shape of an 'L'

Over her forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I'm down with the clown

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Parade theme from Paprika is undeniably the right music for Gog-Agog.

Also I love Allison's reflex response to encountering one of the gods of the seven-part world is to immediately punch her in the face.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tenebrais posted:

Also I love Allison's reflex response to encountering one of the gods of the seven-part world is to immediately punch her in the face.
Let it never be said that she's incapable of learning.

Although in this case, I don't think it'll do her much good.
White Chain: "Allison! Have you punched it in the face with proper posture, as I instructed you?"
Allison: "Yes, but it still keeps talking!"

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im gonna guess that gog-agog's personal cult seeks immortality through being ultimately eaten by them

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Really it's just equal parts funny and concerning to me that, while the other demiurges have pretentious titles like "Imperiatrix of the Gates of Fire", "Sword King of the Middle Army", "God-Emperor of the Celestial Empire", "Master of the Infinite Vault", and so on, Gog-Agog's clown rear end has "The Great Devourer, Scourge of Worlds".

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Tollymain posted:

im gonna guess that gog-agog's personal cult seeks immortality through being ultimately eaten by them

...or as a coping mechanism to deal with the inevitability of being devoured.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Every time a clown pops, everyone in a huge radius is infested with worm eggs. There is a sizable market for anthelmintics throughout Throne.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but doctor, im your pal, gog-agog

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Gog-Agog seems less like a pile of worms and more like a mass of flesh here, at least more than in her previous incarnations. I wonder if Abbadon changed his mind about that recently, and that was why he changed it from some dude infested with worms to the herald jester?

Edit: nevermind, it's really clearly worms in the last sequence with her, so that'd be a little silly.

Also, lol, it's a Sailor Moon transformation sequence but with gore everywhere, I love it.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 10, 2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Gog-Agog seems less like a pile of worms and more like a mass of flesh here, at least more than in her previous incarnations. I wonder if Abbadon changed his mind about that recently, and that was why he changed it from some dude infested with worms to the herald jester?

Also, lol, it's a Sailor Moon transformation sequence but with gore everywhere, I love it.

They're just very densely-packed worms.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

SunAndSpring posted:

Really it's just equal parts funny and concerning to me that, while the other demiurges have pretentious titles like "Imperiatrix of the Gates of Fire", "Sword King of the Middle Army", "God-Emperor of the Celestial Empire", "Master of the Infinite Vault", and so on, Gog-Agog's clown rear end has "The Great Devourer, Scourge of Worlds".

It probably has to do with the fact that Gog is less of a ruler and more of an inevitable, impending doom that shapes the fates of the planets she rules over.

It's probably a lot like Liminal States.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

eke out posted:

gotta respect that allison's first instinct here is to punch her face in

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1126957926697054208

The twitter embed chops this page off at "WHAM" which honestly works pretty well on its own

Of course we know by now that gogs isn't to be stopped by trivial issues like "having one's face smashed in" but I still like the joke

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Gotta respect Cio's reflexes on that one.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Edit: nevermind, it's really clearly worms in the last sequence with her, so that'd be a little silly.

All the music and light and pageantry of a Sailor Moon transformation but with just loving gore flying everywhere, wet thwocks on the ground like you're downwind of a slaughterhouse that was just leveled by a tornado, meatier and wetter than the impact of a burrito al pastor dropped from a rooftop on a hot sidewalk

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

There Bias Two posted:

Has the planet of worms theory been confirmed yet?

It's definitely my head cannon, but even if the meeting happened just hours ago, the keys let them teleport (or at least Allison did something like that), so it could just be a disguise.

Harlequin Gog-agog literally popping out of a meat disguise is amazing and horrifying.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

There Bias Two posted:

It probably has to do with the fact that Gog is less of a ruler and more of an inevitable, impending doom that shapes the fates of the planets she rules over.

It's probably a lot like Liminal States.

Oh man someone else has read Liminal States? I love that book. It’s so weird.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjXBwfF0kGE

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ConfusedUs posted:

Oh man someone else has read Liminal States? I love that book. It’s so weird.

Parsons used? to post here sometimes.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
He was one of the biggest contributors to the front page for years and years.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wanted to photoshop Your Pal, Mosley from Dominic Deegan onto Gog-Agog, but I couldn't find it in google and I'm not going through the archives to find it.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

SardonicTyrant posted:

I wanted to photoshop Your Pal, Mosley from Dominic Deegan onto Gog-Agog, but I couldn't find it in google and I'm not going through the archives to find it.

Dehumanize yrself and face to jazzhands

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Schwarzwald posted:

he wrote a front page article published today

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Schwarzwald posted:

He still writes front page stuff occasionally. I well-enjoyed my copy of Liminal States. Actually, I reread That Insidious Beast recently and while it doesn't hold up suuuper well it's still pretty entertaining.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Muscular woman in a nice dress punching a clown so hard their face concaves is my jam

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
aaaaaaaaaa

GreyjoyBastard posted:

her fatal sin is envy because she wanted to know what it was like to experience other entities' lives

so, that's exactly what she did

gently caress, i'm like 80% certain this is correct now

aaaaaaaaa

quote:

Gog-Agog

The Great Devourer. Scourge of Worlds.

Bearer of the word BEAST and God of the Seven-Part World.

my pal, gog-agog

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Cowcaster posted:

he wrote a front page article published today

I rest my case!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
SA has a front page?

:haw:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Like, holy crap, imagine how many worms there must be out there.

Gog-Agog didn't win her (its? their?) seventh of the universe by fighting people one-on-one, one day a gate would open in the sky and an ocean of worms would start pouring out. And you can't punch the sea.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 352 days!
something about that goofy childish gap tooth really makes gog's design

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
<----------------------- First reaction to the page.

"Owie-zowie! Nobody gives me a fair shake!!" is certainly something to say when someone punches your face in.

Also, Gog-Agog in worm form transformation has kind of the same outline as the Prince of All Cosmos. Also also, Al is rocking it in that A-line dress.

the bsd boys posted:

something about that goofy childish gap tooth really makes gog's design

She's been working on that face!

Yeah, you called it. That is creepy af.

e: Also, also, also, we saw an elephant in her circus troop. Gog as Elephant is something that we need to see.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 01:29 on May 11, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
The gap tooth is v good design. On the one hand, happy silly jester. On the other, DEVOURER OF WORLDS.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Om Nom Nom I'm a pile of worms!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

wiegieman posted:

Like, holy crap, imagine how many worms there must be out there.

Gog-Agog didn't win her (its? their?) seventh of the universe by fighting people one-on-one, one day a gate would open in the sky and an ocean of worms would start pouring out. And you can't punch the sea.

Well not with an attitude like that, you can't!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Going back to tumblr responses from Operant re: Magical Girl Gog-Agog:

Abbadon, Disgorger of the Seven Part World posted:

Mottom, Gog Agog, and Mammon all have rather solitary and tragic stories

Gog-Agog and Mottom both had significant others that figure significantly into their stories.

Who is this significant other?! Or what is this significant other? A giant pile of leeches who also had a key of the kings accidentally dropped in them that got into a toxic relationship with Gog?

Interestingly, I also found this, about Incubus:

Incubus has and needs no mentor, nor does he particularly have any past to speak of.

I wonder if Inky were always destined to be a holy terror if he could get enough meat on his bones even without meeting Meti. And maybe that's why he's not considered her student.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

"Owie-zowie! Nobody gives me a fair shake!!" is certainly something to say when someone punches your face in.
I imagine she has a high-pitched and cheerful Brooklyn accent, underlain by horrible, wet sounds like a thousand pieces of rotten fruit being crushed.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

habeasdorkus posted:

Going back to tumblr responses from Operant re: Magical Girl Gog-Agog:

Who is this significant other?! Or what is this significant other? A giant pile of leeches who also had a key of the kings accidentally dropped in them that got into a toxic relationship with Gog?

There's a pastebin floating around from where Abbadon gave a(n early?) draft of Goggy's backstory on discord awhile ago, and it's suitably tragic and also terrifying.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Archenteron posted:

There's a pastebin floating around from where Abbadon gave a(n early?) draft of Goggy's backstory on discord awhile ago, and it's suitably tragic and also terrifying.

quote:

Gog-agog was a peasant girl from a large family who fell in love with a prince. All her sisters were more beautiful than her (in her parent's eyes) and got married off to various other princes while she was doomed to stay at home and care for her family. Nobody cared about her or paid attention to her ever. The prince never noticed her or even spared her a glance because she was poor and she became consumed with hatred at her own perceived ugliness.

She developed an awful obsession with the prince and her own inadequacy and eventually and hung herself in grief. Her obsession was so strong, however, that the worms that ate her corpse as it hung from the tree (her family didn't even bother to look for her) inherited that obsession and became imbued with supernatural power. She was reborn, taking the form of more beautiful, idealized version of her, whom the prince immediately noticed and resolved to marry.

As princess, she eventually became jealous of the prince for his power and control over her, and without thinking, completely consumed him, becoming him. She had her family executed out of spite. The king became curious about the sudden change in behavior from his son and the strange disappearance of his daughter in lore, so Gog agog consumed and became the king.

The peasantry rallied and tried to burn gog agog out from the castle, where she had eaten and consumed most of the staff and nobility out of petty jealousy. They failed. The land was scoured of most life when it was opened by Throne, and gog-agog consumed the first demiurge that came through the open gate, becoming semi-divine in power and gaining her own key.

This continued to the present day, until Gog-agog had an entire seventh of the universe under her control, as factions and banners rallied to the cause of the monstrosity, seeing her strength. She is completely insane and completely unaware of her own power.

Aww, poor worms. They never asked for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Gog-Agog is voiced by Maria Bamford.