Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Covok posted:

Gwenpool was created in a variant cover for Deadpool.

With the success of Spider-Gwen, they did a theme month with a bunch of Gwen variants.

gently caress, even Image's Invincible got in on it.

Then, in the most cynical business move possible, the positive reception to that very cover led to them green lighting a book based on the variant cover.

And then they later did a MJ variant month.

Maybe they should do a Black Cat variant month to tie in with the new ongoing.

Oh god, how long until we get a Carlie Cooper variant month?

Also X-23 should get Gwenverine's costume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

poly and open-minded posted:

Boy do I hate the Gwulk's cover need to shred all clothes like it was made in 1995

To be fair, the Regular Hulk does the same thing

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also X-23 should get Gwenverine's costume.

It's more or less Gabby's costume

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

SJW Spidey caught a bullshit ban now too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I'd been saying for years he needed to get a Deadpool book, because mcninja did the perfect job of balancing internally consistent weird nonsense with drama, and Im glad he did

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Vince MechMahon posted:

SJW Spidey caught a bullshit ban now too.

They’re reporting everyone for misgendering. EVS even announced his pronouns are now “they/them”. :rolleyes:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yup.

https://twitter.com/kylaTea/status/1125078345631379457

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus loving Christ.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Since realizing I was transgender it's been surprising to me how easy it's been for me to dismiss the hateful poo poo from all these people considering the usual state of my self confidence, but this kind of disingenuous weaponizing of our identities to use against us and our allies is actually really getting to me. It's forcing us to play along with them mocking us to our faces.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Today's mood is: way too tired to get extremely mad at this

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

So is twitter retroactively timing people out after this? That seems suspect at best.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SoftNum posted:

So is twitter retroactively timing people out after this? That seems suspect at best.

I don't know if it's retroactively so much as just mass-reporting. Whether Twitter sees this "excuse" as valid I guess we'll see.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I would suggest everyone report that EVS tweet as harassment itself cause it definitely is.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's no option for "this person is maliciously using gender neutral pronouns to have other people get reported"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I reported it and one of his other related spiels on gender and how it's valid, so I'm interested to see if anything happens.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah I did my best but I'm not optimistic anything's going to come from my report.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I like how I report tweets with obvious death threats, hate speech, etc in them, and nothing gets done. Meanwhile, someone reports a tweet that "accidentally misgendered" someone due to bait EVS and other chuds have created, and Twitter falls all over itself to slap down the victim of the trap.

loving horrible system.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Kurui Reiten posted:

I like how I report tweets with obvious death threats, hate speech, etc in them, and nothing gets done. Meanwhile, someone reports a tweet that "accidentally misgendered" someone due to bait EVS and other chuds have created, and Twitter falls all over itself to slap down the victim of the trap.

loving horrible system.

Feature, not a bug.

This is why Silicon Valley needs to be disrupted and the homophobic, transphobic, racist patrichary in charge of it needs to be removed and replaced by rational life forms.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Before the Trump presidency I figured Silicon Valley was going to morph into its own potentially worse brand of cold detachment from humanity and empathy while continuing to put on a passing public face, but it turns out it's merging with the Right's existing brand just fine.

They still seem to believe they're fooling everyone, though.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

site posted:

Today's mood is: way too tired to get extremely mad at this

Don't worry, I stopped and got gas station coffee after Endgame so I'm more than awake enough to be extremely mad about it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Considering @jack is basically a hippy nazi, this is probably working at intended. Hopefully he'll drink some bad Raw Water and poo poo himself to death in EM proof tent.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Bounding Into Comics got deplatformed from Facebook. So finally some good news.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
social media's anti-conservative bias is real

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

site posted:

social media's anti-conservative bias is real

if only this was true

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vince MechMahon posted:

You know, nothing ever came of Edwin Boyette's "police report" he made at that con a few months back. Hmm.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Vince MechMahon posted:

The tears are already flowing strong like the mighty Nile

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/05/07/censorship-facebook-completely-removes-bounding-into-comicss-250k-strong-fan-page/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love how they always mention Louis Farrakhan getting banned from Facebook at the same time as Alex Jones because they think lefties universally love Farrakhan.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Skwirl posted:

I love how they always mention Louis Farrakhan getting banned from Facebook at the same time as Alex Jones because they think lefties universally love Farrakhan.

Farrakhan is a great example of chud fascist doublethink. Farrakhan is simultaneous a filthy leftist who proves that they're the real antisemites while also being unfairly censored for antisemitism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Farrakhan is a great example of chud fascist doublethink. Farrakhan is simultaneous a filthy leftist who proves that they're the real antisemites while also being unfairly censored for antisemitism.

The antisemitism isn't great, but, as a self described leftist, my major problem with Farrakhan is him ordering the murder of Malcolm X.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/chloehandler/status/1126946967546777600?s=21

Patiently waiting for this dickhead to suffer literally any consequences for this scummy bullshit

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I won't be at all surprised when someone actually does assault Ethan.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
Hey, remember when Caesar was stabbed to death by what were supposed to be his loyal followers?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

https://twitter.com/chloehandler/status/1126946967546777600?s=21

Patiently waiting for this dickhead to suffer literally any consequences for this scummy bullshit

Are we watching a breakdown happen in real time?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
no hes just being real lovely and insulting trans people

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

site posted:

Yeah he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’s being really smug about getting away with it and I guess I thought Twitter would actually do something about something this blatantly lovely and horrible all around but I guess I am naive as hell

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
He's like so many people on the right, where ultimately their ideological allegiance is guided by basically just the child's glee in figuring out they can hurt people and get away with it.

Maybe I'm just pissy because I got dead-named in a pretty petty and cruel way in a student eval, which, you know, is protected by anonymity, but I'm even more convinced than usual that most people who are lovely to trans people are only lovely to trans people because they know they won't get in trouble for it. EVS is the kind of person who would pull a cat's tail or twist a dog's ear as a kid because he knew it meant he had power over something else.

It sucks to be on the receiving end of this poo poo, but christ, I can't imagine how much it sucks to be so vacant and loveless inside that casual sadism is the core of your identity. I hope he gets help, and barring that, I hope he gets run over by a truck.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

site posted:

He's coming across like a massive bellend crybaby. But I guess that's par for the course for him.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Yeah he knows exactly what he’s doing and he’s being really smug about getting away with it and I guess I thought Twitter would actually do something about something this blatantly lovely and horrible all around but I guess I am naive as hell

Twitter is run by a nazi. Why would they do anything to help?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Darth Nat posted:

Hey, remember when Caesar was stabbed to death by what were supposed to be his loyal followers?

Twenty-six times, no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if only we were in the good timeline and evs got repeatedly stabbed until he died

Archyduchess posted:

He's like so many people on the right, where ultimately their ideological allegiance is guided by basically just the child's glee in figuring out they can hurt people and get away with it.

Maybe I'm just pissy because I got dead-named in a pretty petty and cruel way in a student eval, which, you know, is protected by anonymity, but I'm even more convinced than usual that most people who are lovely to trans people are only lovely to trans people because they know they won't get in trouble for it. EVS is the kind of person who would pull a cat's tail or twist a dog's ear as a kid because he knew it meant he had power over something else.

It sucks to be on the receiving end of this poo poo, but christ, I can't imagine how much it sucks to be so vacant and loveless inside that casual sadism is the core of your identity. I hope he gets help, and barring that, I hope he gets run over by a truck.

:glomp:

site fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 10, 2019