Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Starbucks just has Spotify playlists now. You can see a store's music on their app now too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

EKDS5k posted:

Years ago I worked at Starbucks, and we had limited control over the music. They had their own music label (I think they've dropped it now), and we were allowed to play whatever we wanted from whatever was in rotation at the time. Also they can comp drinks, I understand they have a button for it right on the till now, no need for a supervisor to override, or even justify it later as long as it's not being done excessively. It's supposed to be for when the staff fucks up and they need to make someone happy right now, but every now and again we'd give something away just for the hell of it.

poo poo didn't happen because Starbucks doesn't just put on the radio, and also in my experience 4 year olds like all music, no matter how dumb it is.

Starbucks sounds a lot chiller than the service jobs I worked god drat

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Starbucks sounds a lot chiller than the service jobs I worked god drat

Starbucks is definitely a pretty chill service job. They even have good benefits.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Thieves that break into houses in the poorest part of town, well known for their generosity.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The dude who broke into my house and stole my work laptop off my desk turned out to be a good dude, very generous. He was only 17 and I went through this restorative justice process with him, he offered to do all sorts of poo poo to make it up to me. I didn't really care because the police had got my laptop back anyway.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Did he ever say why he did it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Splicer posted:

I'm going with "he was 17."

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

The dude who broke into my house and stole my work laptop off my desk turned out to be a good dude, very generous. He was only 17 and I went through this restorative justice process with him, he offered to do all sorts of poo poo to make it up to me. I didn't really care because the police had got my laptop back anyway.

This is very different than 'then he furnished my apartment'.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Skwirl posted:

I'm going with "he was 17."
I'm looking for post-hoc justifications not root causes

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is like the STDH/Urban Legend I heard about a couple that lived next to some Mafioso stereotypes and befriended them. One day they had their apartment broken into and all their stuff was stolen, and when the Mafioso stereotypes found out they said "Don't call the cops, just give us 24 hours", and using their secret magic shady underworld ways when the nice couple came home from work that day, they found all their stuff waiting for them on the front porch.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Splicer posted:

Ya it was mostly a peer pressure/group membership thing

Captain Monkey posted:

This is very different than 'then he furnished my apartment'.

I was refuting the idea that simply because someone is a thief they are not generous

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bike tory posted:

How long have you been married?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bike tory posted:

The bishop myriel to his jean valjean

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

bike tory posted:

I was refuting the idea that simply because someone is a thief they are not generous

ok,

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

How long have you been married?

It's been a wonderful eight years and I wouldn't change anything for the world.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

bike tory posted:

It's been a wonderful eight years and I wouldn't change anything for the world.

Thanks for your time, Mrs. Einstein.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is like the STDH/Urban Legend I heard about a couple that lived next to some Mafioso stereotypes and befriended them. One day they had their apartment broken into and all their stuff was stolen, and when the Mafioso stereotypes found out they said "Don't call the cops, just give us 24 hours", and using their secret magic shady underworld ways when the nice couple came home from work that day, they found all their stuff waiting for them on the front porch.

That's less STDH and more "I'm the therapist for Tony Soprano"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lame

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

This one seems pretty realistic actually. Habitual sleepwalkers do weird things.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

YOu mean drunk people

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Remember when Tony caught the bad guy who attacked the Doc by using therapistfinder.com

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
My guess would have been alcoholic/serious substance abuse issues

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Arivia posted:

This one seems pretty realistic actually. Habitual sleepwalkers do weird things.

Or Ambien. My mother would do the weirdest poo poo in the middle of the night when she tried it.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Whenever my friends have mental illnesses or disabilities, I always make sure to remind them every day in public.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

nice brain

for a clown to have

at the circus

idiot

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

pet these cute lil shits

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
If only following somebody around all day looking for opportunities to gently explain the way(s) in which they are stupid or unobservant were an actual job.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

As soon as my eyes went over "absolutely huge guy", I knew it was Of Mice And Men fanfiction.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Tell me again about the rabbits, George!

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

Foam Adventure: Dad Edition

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

oldpainless posted:

The bishop myriel to his jean valjean

He didn’t get to keep the computer.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have absolutely uttered the phrase, "I'm going to pet these cute little shits" and variations thereof in reference to rabbits, chickens, ducks, alapaca, goats, puppies, kittens, calves- pretty much any animal I can try to pet, I will. Petting animals rule.

That part is absolutely believable.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have absolutely uttered the phrase, "I'm going to pet these cute little shits" and variations thereof in reference to rabbits, chickens, ducks, alapaca, goats, puppies, kittens, calves- pretty much any animal I can try to pet, I will. Petting animals rule.

That part is absolutely believable.

All animals like pets some just don't realize it yet

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Len posted:

All animals like pets some just don't realize it yet

Alligators do not like being petted, I assure you.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

Roll em over and rub they tummy, will be your friend for life

or until they wake up

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Roll em over and rub they tummy, will be your friend for life

or until they wake up

Your friend for the rest of your life this is true

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Alligators like pets sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

I'll test this.

I made a solid attempt to pet an Ocelot once, but never got realistically close.