Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also, no discussion of Dangan Ronpa 3 is complete without mentioning how Our Boy Juzo was a true hero who nobody could even remotely control.

Our boy Juzo is definitely the best part of DR3, and one of the few reasons for following that series (the other being Junko's voice acting, which is very fun, even if the character herself is a pale imitation of the real thing). and also about three seconds involving Nagito and a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Lord_Magmar posted:

Hey, are you okay with me sharing some of the panels I’ve mentioned from Killer Killer?

Also, no discussion of Dangan Ronpa 3 is complete without mentioning how Our Boy Juzo was a true hero who nobody could even remotely control.

Absolutely! I didn't want to pay too much attention to anything that wasn't covered in a previous LP, but I'm in favor of laughing at dumb things, especially if I don't have to do any extra work.

And yeah, it seems a lot of people were legit moved by Juzo's character arc. I didn't think much of it when I first saw it, but I do like him a bit more now.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Solitair posted:

Absolutely! I didn't want to pay too much attention to anything that wasn't covered in a previous LP, but I'm in favor of laughing at dumb things, especially if I don't have to do any extra work.

And yeah, it seems a lot of people were legit moved by Juzo's character arc. I didn't think much of it when I first saw it, but I do like him a bit more now.

Okay then here goes, this is all from the final chapter because I can't really be bothered finding anything else and it's where the full crazy lives anyway. First, the main character giving himself a gutstab to kill the other Killer Killer, they also are having a discussion about their philosophy. Guy stabbing himself believes that only truly passionate murders are beautiful, and is convinced that Mukuro was truly passionate when she massacred his school (she wasn't Junko told her to do it to prove her loyalty), the guy behind who is getting second-hand stabbed believes that all who kill are inherently evil and must themselves be killed, he cannot forgive any killings.

After this the antagonist explodes himself because he's not giving the protagonist the satisfaction of killing him passionately, also because he always intended to kill himself. Then the thing I've been talking about becomes important, the antagonist put a collar that monitors the girl's heartbeat, it will explode a series of bombs all over Japan if she is not dead when the timer ends, the protagonist does not want to kill her like this because it wouldn't involve "passion" however their Future Foundation superiors have no problems sacrificing her. Of course the protagonist has other ideas. Also yes, he does cut 10 guns in the blink of an eye with a knife.

So, now he needs to make a decision, and here's where the quite literal magic happens. First he says he will kill her himself and cuts off her head with his absurdly sharp knife. Oh also as you may notice he's creating airslices with the drat thing as far as I can tell.

Then, he grabs the collar.

And finally, she survives the decapitation.

Afterwards the protagonist escapes whilst everyone is distracted by the fact a woman just survived a full on decapitation. There's some pictures of various people from future foundation, including Our Boy Juzo having stopped some rampaging Monokultists. But most importantly the female protagonist misses the male lead, who she loved and was loved by in turn, it's kind of creepy because he's also promised to one day kill her. Then she finds him where they first met and they agree to run away together for a super lover's murder suicide some nebulous time in the future.

(Final few pages of the entire series including declaration of romantic super double murder suicide)

So that's how Dangan Ronpa Gaiden: Killer Killer ends, with a romantic escape from boring post-apocalyptic life to the world of double murder suicide. Ah young love.

Edit: On the note of Juzo, I'd argue he doesn't so much get a character arc as a character exploration? He never really changes we just learn more and more about him and this makes us realise he's far more complex then he first appears, and in the end he changes very little and ends up being our hero, who saved everyone.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 8, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
That's somehow even more ridiculous than Syo being able to make a spirit bomb out of scissors. And the latter was actually trying to be over the top ridiculous.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Lord_Magmar posted:

Edit: On the note of Juzo, I'd argue he doesn't so much get a character arc as a character exploration? He never really changes we just learn more and more about him and this makes us realise he's far more complex then he first appears, and in the end he changes very little and ends up being our hero, who saved everyone.

He did change for his final episode though. Not only does he decide to save Makoto when he could have just let him kill himself, he goes off to shut down the power to the building, even though he didn't bother when he found the power room earlier. Getting stabbed by the guy he loved made him change his priorities before he died.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

MUSIC: Nightmare in the Locker

Not just from mine—the alarm was going off throughout the whole gym. Which meant everyone else had received a Monopad as well. When I took mine out, a message was displayed on the screen...

AUDIO: The Killing Game Begins

You...gotta be kidding me... I will never... I will never participate in a killing game...

I do not understand why someone...would force us to do this?

But the rules are pretty cut and dry. This game doesn't seem like it'll be boring.

That's not the problem!

Please lower your voice. It is ruining the atmosphere.

Hey, hey! What does this sixth regulation mean?

AUDIO: Academy Rule #6

ANGIE: Only two surviving students? What would be the reason for that?

Nyahahaha, I see, I see. You're so smart, Shuichi.

Q-Quit screwing around... Killing game... School Regulations...

Kaito raised the Monopad as if to smash the device on the ground.

Whoa, hey now, don't do that. School rules say you can't break it.

If you violate the rules, then the Exisals will dispose of you...

I don't care about the rules! No way I'm gonna play this messed up game!

This isn't about "playing" the game. It's too dangerous to disobey him now.

Forget about him! Just means one less dumbass for the world to deal with!

Hey! Who you callin' a dumbass!?

I took a deep breath, then shouted with all my might.

NO MUSIC

Whoa! Wh-What the—!?

MUSIC: Beautiful Lie

We shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves. Right now, we *need* to work together.

Honestly...l'd probably be more inspiring if I played a song than gave a speech...

Chopin's "Military Polonaise" would definitely help unite us!

Yeah, I could get behind some bolognese, and I don't even like meat or tomatoes.

I agree with Kaede, too! We must remember who the real enemy is! Master told me that strength must always be aimed in the proper direction!

Himiko's sprite is shaking so much here that I can actually tell the difference between 60 and 30 FPS using her as a reference.

Wow! You're shaking so much!

Even I can't handle these intense vibrations! And trust me—I've got loads of experience!

Sure you do.

But...we looked all over that wall and there wasn't a single hole.

Now wait just a second. If there's no opening in the wall... Then how did we get inside these walls in the first place?

...Oh, good point.

That means there must be an opening somewhere! We just have to find it!

Whoever trapped us here wants us to fight each other...

...So let's show 'em that we're not gonna let that happen!

NO MUSIC

Why are you quiet...? Did I say something wrong?

MUSIC: Cool Morning

On the contrary. You made your case with such succinct aplomb that we've been rendered speechless.

Heh... I was gonna say the same thing, but you beat me to it...

You're exactly right! We can't give up so easily!

Let's split up and try to find the exit!

Ohhhh! Atua give us strength!

I must admit, I admire your spirit.

Nyeh...? What is it? We were just about to get started.

Um... Maybe it not matter much, but... Gonta find manhole earlier. In grass, behind school building.

A manhole?

Gonta peek in. See big, underground passage. Think maybe it exit...

...Sorry. Is probably not so simple.

Gontapeekin! Seebigundergroundpassage! Thinkmaybeitexit!

Wait, not like that! You're talking too fast!

The boiler is behind the school building. We must corroborate Gonta's claim at once. Gonta, please lead the way.

Okay! Everyone, follow Gonta!

Just when I was about to follow after them...

...Kaede, that was pretty cool back there.

Huh? What was?

The way you changed the mood completely. Seems like everyone looks up to you.

L-Looks up to me? C'mon, that's ridiculous. I...just spoke from the heart, is all.

So it just comes naturally to you, then. That's even more cool.

NO MUSIC

What...?

l was just thinking, what you said back there would have pissed off whoever's running this. They definitely don't want us holding hands, workin' together...

...They're going to come for you, Kaede. With everything they've got. I'm a little worried about you. You're just so...straightforward.

Ah, perhaps it's a warning? That's what I think, anyway... Being strong—willed could get you into a lot of trouble around here...

Ah, s-sorry... I didn't mean to sound so negative at a time like this.

...It's fine. You only said that because you're worried, aren't you?

Yeah... Rantaro is a mystery. He forgot his Ultimate talent as well... Is that something you can really...forget?

Well, there's no use thinking about it right now. We should just head to that manhole.

Ah, you're right...

We probably shouldn't waste our time thinking about things like that...

Yeah, let's catch up with the others.

The long, winding paths to the back are open now. Either one works.

Looks like we're all here. So, where's this manhole?

Umm... Over there, in grass.

Time for a beloved Danganronpa tradition: talking to everybody in one room before we advance the plot!

KOKICHI:

Whoa, look at all these weeds. This place could definitely use a groundskeeper. Right, Kee—boy!?

Why are you telling me that? Furthermore... I would prefer you address me as "Keebo."

But you can pull weeds. Right, Kee-boy?

I can do all sorts of things just as well as any person!

As well as any person...? But...you're not a person.

Th-That's discrimination... Robophobic discrimination...

RANTARO:

We should investigate the manhole right away. If it is an exit, it's only a matter of time until Monokuma comes for us.

RYOMA:

If it is an exit, it's only a matter of time until Monokuma comes for us. Even if this really is the exit, it's all over if Monokuma catches us.

I agree. We need to be quick about this.

KIYO:

The ground opens up before us, as though inviting us downward... Once we are swallowed by darkness, will we be able to return to the light...? Kehehe...

MIU:

Quit wastin' my time, you kooky bitch! Hurry up already! Chop-chop!

ANGIE:

Wowww! It's like a super secret entrance! I'm so excited! Atua is just as excited as I am! I know cuz He told me!

TENKO (hidden behind Angie :argh: ):

Though it's hidden by grass, there's definitely a manhole over there!

Typical degenerate male! You peeping Toms love to find things you weren't meant to see!

KAITO:

So a manhole was hidden in a place like this, huh?

Well, you can't hide stuff from the eyes of Kaito Momota, Luminary of the Stars!

But Gonta found it...

KEEBO:

...There is a monitor here, too. That aside, this is a rather remote location to install a communication device...

...lt's a pointless expenditure, wouldn't you agree?

GONTA:

What wrong? Manhole in grass over there.

HIMIKO:

Down the manhole, huh...? Do you think there are creepy creatures down there?

What's there to be afraid of!? Even if the rats are as big as cats, Himiko can just blast them away with her magic!

That's not possible... If I use my magic down there, the entire passage might explode.

Ooh! Your magic is so powerful!

Well then, though I may be unworthy, I will protect you, Himiko!

Mhm, I'll leave it to you...

TSUMUGI:

We need to be careful...or those monsters might appear again.

Nyeeeh... Are you feeling down? Do you want some magical powder to cheer you up?

It's...not a dangerous kind of powder, is it?

MAKI:

...Hurry up. Don't you want to escape from here?

KIRUMI:

What purpose does this facility serve? One would assume that all this greenery would interfere with the machinery... Does this mean preparations were not completed before we arrived?

SHUICHI:

So there's even grass out here... Ah, be careful of the roots, everybody...

An important hole near some bush!? Sounds familiar, am I right ladies!?

Awwww, this manhole cover looks heavy. Can we even lift it?

I can try.

Keebo placed his hands on the manhole cover, and with all his strength he—

Grgh...! Grrrrrrrrrrrrgh...!

How embarrassing. It won't even budge.

Huhhh? A robot's not even strong enough to move it?

Oh, don't worry. My physical strength is approximate to that of a strong senior citizen.

Th-That's fuckin' pathetic!

Th-The professor did not want a repeat of the tragedy that occurred during trial production.

Umm... Now I'm just plain curious about what happened during that trial...

Oh, then allow Gonta.

NO MUSIC

Gonta lift cover before to peek inside. Should be able to pick up cover too.

Gonta placed his hands on the manhole cover and—

MUSIC: Finding Peace Party

AUDIO: The Reliable Gonta!

TSUMUGI: So easily!?

HIMIKO: His strength...must be due to my magic. Yup...there's no mistaking it.

TENKO: Ooohh! You're amazing, Himiko!

GONTA: ...What should Gonta do with cover now?

KIRUMI: Please leave it somewhere else. Be careful not to hit anyone with it.

GONTA: Um, actually...Gonta no can do that... Very rude to litter...

But with nowhere to dispose of the manhole cover, Gonta begrudgingly tossed it aside...

Kehehe...what wonderful strength. You could likely crush a child's skull with ease.

How ungentlemanly! Gonta NEVER do that!

Gentleman or not, *no one* would do that!

But Gonta is sooo much more reliable than some bean—counting robot.

Are you...talking about me? Because I can count many things, not just beans.

While everyone else was talking, I slowly peeked into the manhole.

Th—This place is kinda creepy... We're really going in here?

I'm sure it's fine. At the very least, we definitely won't die down there.

If anything happens, I'll protect most of you! But the degenerate males are on their own!

Then...Gonta protect menfolk.

Awfully quiet... Where are Monokuma and the Monokubs?

I was certain they would show up at some point and crush us like rotten gnats...

Nyahahaha! They probably haven't noticed yet!

Then let's hurry before they show up to mess with us.

One by one, we each descended down into the manhole.

Yodelay-hee-hoooooo!

What is this place...?

An old industrial passageway, I suspect... Perhaps factories once existed here?

And this is all that's left of 'em.

Hey, take a look at this.

Considerate? You don't think it's weird that someone went out of their way to write "exit"?

Hah-haha! Don't piss yourself in fear! Your natural scent is bad enough!

I-I'm not scared! And I smell just fine!

Well then, go on ahead. No point standing around here.

Ah, yeah...

No need to worry!

It looks a bit dangerous, but we're all Ultimates here!

As long as we work together, everything will work out just fine!

Y-Yeah...you're right.

That's exactly what I was gonna say! We're really on the same wavelength, Kaede! Gimme a hug!

Um...no.

Typical degenerate behavior! You were trying to trick her into pressing her boobs against you!

I gotta disagree with Rantaro, though, because next time, we're gonna talk to everybody again! :unsmigghh:

Solitair fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Aug 5, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

They're really about to fall for this? :psyduck:

Was this explicitly a rule in the previous games? It makes sense given the whole "three people have to discover a body for the announcement to play" deal, but I don't remember this being said.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 10, 2019

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Was this explicitly a rule in the previous games? It makes sense given the whole "three people have to discover a body for the announcement to play" deal, but I don't remember this being said.

It was not!

Toyotasomi no Miko
Oct 23, 2016

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Adding on to this, what happens if there’s only 3 students left after a class trial? That means the game can’t ever end, right? It’d only go until two people remain, but removing any more would force a trial. Maybe I’m thinking too hard on that, though. Surely there’s going to be more than two people alive at the end of this, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Solitair posted:

An important hole near some bush!? Sounds familiar, am I right ladies!?

God, she's the best.

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

Adding on to this, what happens if there’s only 3 students left after a class trial? That means the game can’t ever end, right? It’d only go until two people remain, but removing any more would force a trial. Maybe I’m thinking too hard on that, though. Surely there’s going to be more than two people alive at the end of this, right?

Maybe once it's down to two then the game ends regardless of how blatant the final murder is? Doesn't really matter though, one of the rules is straight up Monokuma can change the game whenever he wants, so I'm sure there would be some new hosed up challenge for a final three.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

TwoPair posted:

God, she's the best.

I would find Miu to be a terribly written character if not for the fact that I once worked with a woman who considered jokes like that the absolute pinnacle of humour.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Miu is the loving best, in every sense of the term

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Reveilled posted:

I would find Miu to be a terribly written character if not for the fact that I once worked with a woman who considered jokes like that the absolute pinnacle of humour.

https://twitter.com/kazkodaka/status/839279065127256064

Trusting someone else's translation ...

"When I created Iruma's character, the main thing I had in mind was 'a character that will rank around the last place if I ever do a popularity poll'"

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Reveilled posted:

There's also the one lady cop from Shaun of the Dead.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MillennialVulcan posted:

"When I created Iruma's character, the main thing I had in mind was 'a character that will rank around the last place if I ever do a popularity poll'"

lmao he extremely loving goofed that one

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

MillennialVulcan posted:

He failed miserably, of course. That said, I look at the Japanese popularity poll for DRV3 and just find myself thinking "Wow. WRONG." for a few very specific characters due to reasons we can't discuss yet.

That said, probably the strongest thing DRV3 has going for it is that almost all the characters are pretty likeable at least from the meta perspective of being interesting. Like, Miu is an abrasive lech but she's actually funny, unlike Teruteru (who only actually becomes interesting once he busts out the Cajun accent ten minutes before he dies) or Kazuichi (who is just boring and terrible 24/7). Angie is an annoying god-botherer, but she's charmingly creepy about it, and so on for most of the other "bad" characters. In both of the other games I found myself skipping freetime at the end because I had, for example, literally zero interest in spending time with Yasuhiro or Kazuichi, whereas I'd happily see the freetime events of any character in DRV3 (except like, two people).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MillennialVulcan posted:

The irony.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Reveilled posted:

In both of the other games I found myself skipping freetime at the end because I had, for example, literally zero interest in spending time with Yasuhiro or Kazuichi, whereas I'd happily see the freetime events of any character in DRV3 (except like, two people).

The most interesting scene with Kazuichi is his final free time event; I summarized what you learn for it in his section of the recap. Yasuhiro, on the other hand, does the standard thing where he takes you to his room to confess something sensitive... and he just wants to persuade Makoto to sell one of his organs to help get Hiro out of debt. gently caress off forever, man.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
God, Hiro rules. What an unrelenting rear end in a top hat.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Yeah, this is an interesting new detail in the setup. I wonder if we'll actually get that far that it comes down to this? Or if it's just there to dangle some hope in front of everyone, that maybe instead of needing to try and murder their way to being the sole survivor, they could survive to the end with just one friend.

Anyway, I have finally got the game myself so I can play along and just got caught up to here. So I will not remain unspoiled for much longer, but I'll definitely be taking notes to keep giving my first-timer reactions!

Drufle
Dec 15, 2010
Judging by how the last two games went, I think I already have a good idea of who the first victim will be, but this series is always good at throwing out surprises.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Toyotasomi no Miko posted:

As soon as one of the 3 students kill another, the game ends because there's 2 students left. There wouldn't be a trial.

Also yeah, the previous games ended with 5-6 survivors, so unless there's a couple extra chapters or multiple double-murders why is this rule explicitly in this game?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Drufle posted:

Judging by how the last two games went, I think I already have a good idea of who the first victim will be, but this series is always good at throwing out surprises.

I guess put it in spoiler blocks, but who is your guess.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Kaede is great :allears:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

whitehelm posted:

As soon as one of the 3 students kill another, the game ends because there's 2 students left. There wouldn't be a trial.

Also yeah, the previous games ended with 5-6 survivors, so unless there's a couple extra chapters or multiple double-murders why is this rule explicitly in this game?

Wouldn't that be because the previous games fell apart before getting to that stage? In the dr1 alternate ending the game technically never ends because they live together in the school and stop killing each other.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

The game falls apart at 3 people because if one person kills there's only 2 left so the body discovery cant trigger.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If there's 3 people left then obviously 2 people team up to kill the third :colbert:

Drufle
Dec 15, 2010
My guess would be Rantaro, since Danganronpa always loves to kill off the character you're most immediately interested in, and that guy is just way too potentially interesting to last very long. No idea who the murderer could be, though.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Gonna reiterate the Mystery Game Speculation Convention: :justpost:. Go nuts. It's an acknowledged and intended part of the mystery game LP experience. It's a thing for half the thread to enjoy watching, and the other half to enjoy doing. Knock yourselves out.

If you are actually following the LP blind, you do not need to use spoiler tags when posting speculation. If you are not blind, you should not be participating in speculation, generally speaking.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
The thing about two students being alive ant the end did bother me, but I’m more worried about another rule: Monokuma will never directly murder someone. Keyword being directly.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Mecha_Face posted:

The thing about two students being alive ant the end did bother me, but I’m more worried about another rule: Monokuma will never directly murder someone. Keyword being directly.

one might argue that monokuma is murdering people indirectly simply by running this game

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
I'm torn on our SHSL Detective buddy being the first to die or the first to kill. And with the mention that Ro-Boy has limited strength because of problems during testing I wonder if we'll get a case where he kills someone because Monobear hosed with his programming. The whole no directly killing people thing.

I'm going to throw out a guess here that no one is correct about their Ultimates Ability. We know that none of them remembered their ability at the start of the game, no reason they couldn't have been swapped around. I've only got half suspicions about this though, mostly revolving around how many of them seem to match on the surface, but are just a little off. The one that jumps out at me the most is the SHSL Child Caregiver, or whatever her title was.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
You guys are forgetting about the Monokubs. I'm guessing they're going to be part of the killing game too and why rules like "Monokuma won't kill anyone" and "at least three students discover a body" when "down to 2 students left" exist.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RickVoid posted:

I'm torn on our SHSL Detective buddy being the first to die or the first to kill.

I think they'll subvert it again, in the first game the buddy character was killed immediately, in the second she lived almost to the end, this time I think he'll last to early-midgame and be suddenly killed off, probably in the middle of a lovely character arc. I don't like his hat so he might murder someone.

Kokichi is clearly a psychopath and will murder but not straight away. Only a matter of time. Unless someone else is thinking the same and gets him first. He's obviously inexplicably popular so I'm looking forward to what happens.

RickVoid posted:

I'm going to throw out a guess here that no one is correct about their Ultimates Ability. We know that none of them remembered their ability at the start of the game, no reason they couldn't have been swapped around. I've only got half suspicions about this though, mostly revolving around how many of them seem to match on the surface, but are just a little off. The one that jumps out at me the most is the SHSL Child Caregiver, or whatever her title was.

I really like this theory.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 11, 2019

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

eating only apples posted:

I think they'll subvert it again, in the first game the buddy character was killed immediately, in the second she lived almost to the end, this time I think he'll last to early-midgame and be suddenly killed off, probably in the middle of a lovely character arc. I don't like his hat so he might murder someone.

Strictly speaking, the initial buddy character in DR2 was Nagito, who made it to trial 5 but stopped being your buddy early on.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

FoolyCharged posted:

The game falls apart at 3 people because if one person kills there's only 2 left so the body discovery cant trigger.

The game technically falls apart at 4 people based on previous games; the murderer doesn't count as one of the discoverers, so someone dying won't trigger the announcement anymore.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Tenebrais posted:

Strictly speaking, the initial buddy character in DR2 was Nagito, who made it to trial 5 but stopped being your buddy early on.

Yeah still lived to almost endgame though, so it's still the same

Drufle
Dec 15, 2010
I'm also wondering (assuming the switched Ultimates idea isn't right, although it totally could be) whether or not Shuichi being another Ultimate Detective means anything. Isn't this the first time we've seen the exact same title given to multiple people? There have been similar ones, like all the different martial artists, but none I can remember that were exactly identical.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Naegi and Nagito were both Ultimate Lucky Student. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Im waiting for the big reveal where everyone discovers roboboy isn't a robot at all.

Also Gonta will be a killer, he will murder someone after they step on a bug.