Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If we're talking stadium locations, Washington wins by a literal mile. FedEx Field is a dump in the middle of nowhere, MD and requires you to walk a mile to reach public transportation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lol Arrowhead is 8 miles outside of town and completely surrounded by the trashiest parts of the city and suburb. Only z trip can take you there or pick you up, and it's still nearly loving impossible. I guarantee I could turn out of the gate and find at least 3 mattresses on the side of the road in half a mile.

If you squint, you realize that you shouldn't even really be in the city, you should be in Raytown and Raytown is a loving poo poo hole.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Fedex is hilariously bad and you may not be able to design a worse stadium location if you wanted to, which is possible because Dan Snyder actively wants his fans to suffer while also milking them for as much money as he can.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm glad San Diego isn't on the list, we're an amazing city and a destination for--

Oh.

NFL cities.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Lol Arrowhead is 8 miles outside of town and completely surrounded by the trashiest parts of the city and suburb. Only z trip can take you there or pick you up, and it's still nearly loving impossible. I guarantee I could turn out of the gate and find at least 3 mattresses on the side of the road in half a mile.

But it couldn't be anywhere else because there would be no room for parking!!!!!

Promoting the tailgating experience is probably the best thing Carl Peterson ever did for the team because holy poo poo is that a wasteland of parking lot surrounded by nothing. That said, the tailgating is pretty good.

e: I remember there used to be an abandoned prison facility literally across the road from the sports complex. Like the type of place that seems cool to hang out at if you're a bored high school kid and has no other redeeming values at all.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 11, 2019

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why would you respond to some dude who said he never wants to visit Miami?

I only added Miami because I've been to Miami and have no desire to go back there because it is a toilet city full of assholes. Nice ceviche though.

E-Philly is probably kinda neat, and I'd actually go there.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 11, 2019

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Santa Clara fuckin sucks rear end

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Santa Clara fuckin sucks rear end

Agreed: stadium, city, and people.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

But it couldn't be anywhere else because there would be no room for parking!!!!!

Promoting the tailgating experience is probably the best thing Carl Peterson ever did for the team because holy poo poo is that a wasteland of parking lot surrounded by nothing. That said, the tailgating is pretty good.

e: I remember there used to be an abandoned prison facility literally across the road from the sports complex. Like the type of place that seems cool to hang out at if you're a bored high school kid and has no other redeeming values at all.

Tailgating is fun as hell but I would also be just fine not being around the guys who are too into it and drive red busses or whatever. It's just drinking in a parking lot with a small grill.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I firmly believe the Superdome has the best location of any stadium. gently caress to suburban bullshit.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
James Harden has to be so loving hot playing with what amounts to a fur coat on his face

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

indigi posted:

James Harden has to be so loving hot playing with what amounts to a fur coat on his face

Is his beard a religious thing? Because that’s the only reason why anyone should have a beard like that.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

List of US cities which host NFL teams that I have been to and my rear end in a top hat opinion of them (nominal cities, not whatever lovely industrial plot in an adjacent state where they actually play):

Seattle: downtown is kind of lovely, but they've got awesome parks and some of the more residential areas like west Seattle and some of the suburbs are quite nice. I like the PNW.

San Francisco: very picturesque but very touristy. Hell to drive through. Surrounding counties are heaven. Nice climate.

LA: It's LA. SoCal is great, even if there are too many people.

San Diego (still counts because they had a team when I was there): Better than LA. Beautiful coastline.

Las Vegas (doesn't really count yet): Horrible. The surrounding desert is pretty though.

Houston: endless sprawl, pretty garbage, but they've got NASA which is awesome. That's all they've got though.

New Orleans: great place to be a tourist and see live music, the nice areas are very pretty. Falls off a cliff one block outside of where you'd go as a tourist.

Chicago: loving cold. Sort of like Toronto only simultaneously more and less poo poo.

Detroit: only been once, many years ago. Ok it's a burned out husk, but it's got more culture and history than any of the lovely cities it gets lumped with, and most of the good ones. Would go back.

Miami: already covered that

New York: Its New York. What else can I say. If live there tomorrow if I could afford it, but if I could afford it, I could afford to live in California.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

hifi posted:

the germans from germany my dad knew went absolutely apeshit for the wild west town here, like they packed their own cowboy outfit and at the steakhouse in the place said "i'd like some rattlesnake pardner"

Well when you're visiting somewhere it's polite to holler out the catchphrase of their country which is why I can never go to germany again

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

kiimo posted:

I'm not doing that. People will move there and ruin it

On my way

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
My neighborhood Seahawks bar has a thing where people organize at trip to one away game each year

So far:

New Orleans
Carolina
Baltimore
Tennessee
Glendale
LA
London

This year it's Cleveland because LOL voluntarily going to Atlanta, or dealing with Steelers or Eagles fans

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why lol going to Atlanta?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Atlanta rules as a city and their new stadium might be the only design+location combo that beats Century Link.

I’d love to go to an Atlanta game.

Even more perplexing because Cleveland sucks lemons.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Metapod posted:

Why lol going to Atlanta?

One dude is from there and has no interest in going back but the people who have been to Atlanta were unanimous in LOL gently caress going back there

My experience was that driving is entering yourself into a post apocalyptic road race and it’s not a great city for just walking around and discovering stuff

The goatse stadium looks cool

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 11, 2019

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
So, uh, Indy folks, tell me about Al Woods?

https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1127017730794614784?s=19

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

design+location combo

it's a sweaty rear end in a top hat

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

On March 16, 2017, Woods signed with the Indianapolis Colts.[10] He started all 16 games, recording a career-high 44 tackles and one sack.

In 2018, Woods played in 14 games with eight games recording 24 tackles. He was placed on injured reserve on December 18, 2018.[11]

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Keith Atherton posted:

One dude is from there and has no interest in going back but the people who have been to Atlanta were unanimous in LOL gently caress going back there

My experience was that driving is entering yourself into a post apocalyptic road race and it’s not a great city for just walking around and discovering stuff

The goatse stadium looks cool

The best thing about Atlanta is the road out of it.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

The best thing about Atlanta is the
strip clubs

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Soon enough, training camps will start.

We shall all enter the gently caress Tomb once more.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He was all right. Nothing to get too excited about but when he's healthy he does all right

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Cinci has a really good design infrastructure -wise for accessibility to both stadiums. The city itself doesn't really have any strong drawbacks or perks, other than being super cheap. I've been to NFL stadiums in Indi, Detroit, Cleveland, and ATL and Cinci's is the easiest to get in and out of. Paul Brown Stadium has nothing to distinguish it, it was built in '00 but looks older.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

The best thing about Atlanta is the road out of it.

lol even that part sucks.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I will say one thing about Atlanta. The best doner kebab I have ever had was out of a truck there. I have been to Turkey.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

my city has some of the best grocery stores around, full of different brands of food & drink. you can go in there with $200 and come out with enough food to last you anywhere from one week to 45 days depending on what you purchase. there's that much variety in the shop. shop until you drop

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

I will say one thing about Atlanta. The best doner kebab I have ever had was out of a truck there. I have been to Turkey.

Damnit I really want to find this

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Codependent Poster posted:

He was all right. Nothing to get too excited about but when he's healthy he does all right

Sounds about right for a 1 year/2.25 million deal. He's DT depth along with Jarran Reed and Poona Ford, and he seems like a big presence. Carroll loves a rotating D line so I imagine he'll get in games but will play fewer snaps than he's used to.

Hawks still have a lot of cap space, enough to extend their big names and sign some more FAs to plug holes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Finger Prince posted:

As a not-American, I can imagine no reason to ever go to the following cities:
Dallas
Green Bay
Minneapolis
Kansas City
Cincinatti
--------
Pittsburg
Cleveland (it's got the rock and roll hall of fame, but really, you'd go to Cleveland for that?)
Philadelphia (it's got what, a bell and steak on a bun?)
Tampa Bay (unless you're a retired Canadian)
Miami (unless you're allowed to leave Miami and go to the Everglades)

... you’re the only person I’ve met who wants to go to the Everglades over Miami

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

... you’re the only person I’ve met who wants to go to the Everglades over Miami

I’d probably make the same choice if we’re just talking about a vacation. I prefer cool nature stuff over beaches and clubs.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I was speaking more from a tourist perspective although the way he talks I’m guessing he’s a Canuck

But not from Toronto because he’d know all the Toronto folks retire to east coast of FLA

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I was speaking more from a tourist perspective although the way he talks I’m guessing he’s a Canuck

But not from Toronto because he’d know all the Toronto folks retire to east coast of FLA

Yeah I'm from Toronto. I thought everyone went to Fort Myers though? Or maybe I'm getting that mixed up with Fort Lauderdale. They go to forts, that's all I know.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 14:15 on May 11, 2019

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah I'm from Toronto. I thought everyone went to Fort Myers though? Or maybe I'm getting that mixed up with Fort Lauderdale. They go to forts, that's all I know.

Wellington + Boynton. It’s *loaded* with Canucks.

Myself included! I had a place on duplex ave, next to Yonge + Eg.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Detroit was dirty, depressing, and not pleasant and I wish that area could turn around and get investment like with Flint maybe one day God willing getting drinkable water.

Pittsburg just felt dirty and confusing to navigate, like their nightlife area is very shabby. It’s cool it’s got a hill but doesn’t feel like a place i would spend time in.

I haven’t been to a lot of other cities for the NFL tho.

Cleveland is actually pretty great. Even my relatives from overseas agree they’d rather live and raise a family here and just visit everywhere else in the USA and they’ve been to the major cities.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Cleveland sucks and your friends and relatives have lovely opinions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
America sucks in general