Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Happy Landfill posted:

Every thing you have chosen to share with us about your family have been genuinely delightful. I think it really is a testament to how much your silly internet stuff has touched our lives that all of us, literally strangers, are mourning with you.

I often find myself taking care of children and after reading what Id shared I sometimes found myself thinking that if I ever had to be a dad, I'd be a cool one like him.

I'm so sorry man, I wish there was something I could do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
What an awful tragedy. I'm very sorry to hear it.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
My deepest condolences. No one should ever have to go through that.

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
My heart breaks for you, Id. I can't imagine the depth of your pain and sorrow. We are all thinking of you - you've touched our lives, given us something laugh and enjoy - and we care about you.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016
Sorry for your loss

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
Just another internet stranger here to say your LPs have brought me so much joy and laughter over the years, and to see the person who brought that suffer something no parent ever should is just... heartbreaking. All of my best to you, your family, and your daughter's SO. :sympathy:

Take all the time you need; we can wait, this can't.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
The only thing I've lost was a dog and I cried for two days (because he was the best dog) so I can at somewhat relate.

I'm sorry for your loss. It feels terrible.

Hang in there, goon. Don't give up.

DiggleWrath
Aug 30, 2018

O O
>

Christ, this is awful. I lost my dog last month, and I'm still messed up from it. But that's nowhere near losing a child. I can't even imagine losing a child.

Please, take all the time you need. This LP can wait.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

poo poo man, that is awful news, I'm so sorry you and your loved ones have to go through this.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Condolences to you and yours Id. I know we probably cant but if we can do anything to help let us know.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.patreon.com/thedarkid

Dark Id has a Patreon. We can help him financially, at least.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Junpei posted:

https://www.patreon.com/thedarkid

Unfortunately, I became keenly aware of how much hospitalization and death of a family member costs last year. This may help quite a bit, thread.

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

gently caress it, we did it with Lowtax, let's do it again. Make the numbers go up!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Junpei posted:

I don't mind donating, hell, it feels like something I can do that would actually make a difference. But I think we should wait for him to ask if he even wants donations first.

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 4, 2019

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Squiddycat posted:

I don't mind donating, hell, it feels like something I can do that would actually make a difference. But I think we should wait for him to ask if he even wants donations first.

In theory, I completely agree with you. I also told--not asked--TDI on twitter to let us throw money at him.

For what my opinion is worth (absolutely nothing), Thoughts & Prayers from internet strangers don't amount to much in this kind of situation, now matter how genuine the sentiment (because I am a bleeding heart I have cried a bit). General life philosophy here, but just as you don't say "can I help with anything" but rather "what needs to be done" to actually be useful, when someone you care about seems like they could benefit from assistance you shouldn't go "oh I'm so sorry, let me know if there's anything I can do"--you just take the initiative and bring dinner, or help clean, or whatever. I hope his loved ones are already doing that, but I selfishly want to as well. The only thing I, as an internet rando, can do would be to however-slightly ease his family's financial burden, as rude as 'gently caress your pride or sense of modesty I'm pitching in' is. Because of the selfish, quid-pro-quo-ness of my 'you've helped me in ways you can't even know for years so now I want to try to give a piece of that back' sentiment I see it less as donating and more as providing: he can use it, he can donate it, he can set it on fire, whatever bests floats his boat.

It is important to carefully weigh the consequences of a bumbling unsolicited attempt to help. Certainly if TDI finds this rudeness offensive, it's time to back the gently caress off. But for me personally, after thinking on it, I would rather risk a "gently caress you piss off" to avoid hearing a "no there's nothing y'all can do."
Of course now that I know he has a patreon there's nothing TDI can do to stop me :unsmigghh:

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
I can't even imagine what you're going through, TDI. Try to hang in there, because you mean a lot to a lot of people.

If people are looking for more Shadow Hearts: Covenant, it's about to be featured on an RPGLimitBreak speedrun. SPOILERS, obviously: https://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak/

ZaddekVandread
Mar 10, 2019

It's grimderpy but in a kind of adorable way.

No one stops.
No one ever stops.
THIS. CANNOT. CONTINUE.
My condolences to you and your family. My heart goes out to you all.

Long time lurker and reader of your LPs and I wanted to reach out because like a lot of the people here, your LPs brightened many of my days. Thought you should know that if you ever get a chance to read this.

drat....

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Jesus fuckin' christ... I am so, so sorry, Id. I wish you and your family all the best.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
So I guess recent events have come up here. My daughter passed away suddenly last week due to... what's it matter? She's gone. To say that was kinda devastating to me is an understatement. She was probably the only aspect of my personal life that actually leaked into LPs on occasion. I probably wouldn't have liked the original NieR as much as I did if I didn't have a daughter the same age at the time.

Anyway, I'm a barely functional husk that just woke up from a day of drinking yesterday. And the day before. And is about to go to another day of drinking. Looking at the schedule for the week that liquor cabinet I had is now just a challenge.

Needless to say, this LP is on an indeterminable and perhaps permanent hiatus in favor of my new series of Let's Play Crippling Depression. I'll keep this thread open for a few days before locking it and... well...

See you around. Or not. I really don't care at this point...

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Take as long as you need. Just remember, you do matter.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
While I can’t do much to change your life from here, and I emphasize with your situation, I think I speak for a lot of folk when I say I really wish you would not do what you say you have set out to do. I wish you would pull yourself out of the depression and will try to help as best I can. I’m not a regular reader of your LPs, I lurk more than post in the threads, I don’t know you, nor vice versa. We’re not in each other’s lives physically. God knows my own life is nothing great. You don’t know me, probably have few reasons to pay attention to what I’m saying. But I’m going to speak anyway and hope some part of you gets what I say. Your fault for not locking the thread sooner if you want to see it that way. (That last sentence is a joke.)

There are many reasons to live life and to enjoy it. You have lost one. Another, the joy I presume you got from contributing LPs to this place and thus entertaining others, remains. If you no longer have what motivated you to do that, ok. But don’t destroy yourself over depression. I haven’t read your Twitter, I didn’t know your daughter, but I really don’t think she’d want that. And as a fan of your work I don’t want it either. I don’t know much about life, but I do know you got to take joy where you can. Recognize and accept when it is given to you. That is the way to happiness. And unfortunately happiness can never be total or permanent but that doesn’t stop life being better with it than without.

If you can find the strength in yourself to live once again for the joys in your life that remain, I will still be here to read your works. And I do not think I will be alone. And even without your works, because of the joys they gave me in the past, I will still be here for you as a friend should they be over. I don’t think I’m alone in that either.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
As someone still battling depression after the combo of sexual abuse, losing my grandmother and then my father. I want to say it'll get better, that it gets easier. It doesn't. Some days it's going to hurt less, and then you'll have dreams and nightmares where they're still alive and you'll wakeup to soul crushing pain and agony.

Unfortunately life goes on. Go to a therapist, you'll need it. Destroying yourself with alcohol won't help. It'll only make the pain worse. There exists no words in the world to make this better or easier. I don't say this to be harsh. I say it because you need the truth. In a situation like this logic doesn't seem to matter, and your world feels worthless. But you have family who needs you. So take care of yourself above everything else. I can't claim to know what your daughter would want you to do. But you know. It'll be a day at a time for the rest of your life. But you can do it. From the bottom of my heart thank you for everything you've ever done to entertain and help us in our times of pain and suffering. Now please, take care of yourself.

Nimsant
May 7, 2015
I had no idea before how the passing of a girl that I hadn't even known a name of before could affect me.

I do not post much, and if I do, it is only your LP. I lurked a lot before and in 2015 decided to register on SA just to tell you how happy your LPs are making me, how my gaming life has become richer due to the introduction of Drakengard! into it. It was May 2015, and some time around that moment, the thread got locked due to the other tragic event in your life.
Recently, I was drawing fanart to post here, and I literally thought "Yes, that is the peak of my life! Learning Japanese, years of drawing practice, stable income - all of it was to bring me here, to draw an elderly creep in a fetish dress with cleavage, to post in a friendly community, and have this much fun" (true story). The friendly community that you have brought together in this thread and other threads like this.
And now my drawing is on the same page with some awful news.

So you can tell that all was my fault and get mad at me for bringing you bad luck.

I almost shed tears when I knew what her name was, Id. I almost want to know more about her, but I am afraid anything else would only make it sadder. This all... had an impact on me too. I have felt her grow through some sporadic info. I felt you love her.

I can also guess you have a wife and at least one more kid. I would like to wish you to take care of yourself and your family. Not by taking out some shadowlord, but by support. You can come out of this situation as a hero by becoming a good example of how best dads handle such a mess.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 12, 2019

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

This was a good post, but you should probably delete that last sentence. It might come off in poor taste.

My two cents Id, don't try and force yourself to feel better, especially not like this. From my experience of grief, doing that only tends to make things worse. Whether it's fake forced positivity/motivation or by trying to numb the pain. I really don't know how to tell you to get through a loss like this, but this isn't the way. Even if you're not ready to reach out to others yet or simply don't want to (and that latter part is absolutely an understandable notion), then please don't destroy yourself like this. You mean too much to too many people.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 11, 2019

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I am truly sorry.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Thanks for all the laughs over the past decade, Id. I don't think anybody would consider potential LP retirement unjustified after everything.

If for whatever reason you need a Squiddycat to talk to you know where to contact me, friend. :glomp:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Id, you have a gift I could never reach. You have a way with sarcasm, and words, and knowing what characters would say outside of the confines of a script. You're a million times a better writer than I am and you don't even try and write novels or stories!

So, please, don't throw away your gift, drinking yourself to death. Live, and love, and laugh twice as hard, for both yourself and your daughter. Yes, there is pain in your life. You should reflect on it, and your heart does need time to heal. But do not let grief rule the rest of your life. Do not get rid of that humor and joie de vivre that made us come back to your LPs time and time again. We'll be here, waiting. Patiently. Lovingly. Acceptingly.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Id, do what you need to do. We care about you but we're not experiencing the massive, life-destroying pain you are. Hopefully one day you can feel good again, but I know that time is not now.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
The outpouring of sympathy was heartening to see, and we hope it brought some comfort, but now it's time to give the man some space. We're closing the thread until, and if, Id chooses to reopen it.

Id, all our hearts go out to you.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Hey give me to the end of summer and maybe I'll get back to his. Taking a road trip. The end of that we'll get back to idiot good punchboy's adventures.

Hang in there until then.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
We're back next Tuesday.

DeTosh
Jan 14, 2010
Slippery Tilde
Glad to hear it. We'll see you soon.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

gently caress yeah let's ride.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Good to see you again, Id.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I’m ready to get back on this demon punching journey.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Good to see this back. Looking forward to the return of Yuri Hyuga, Punch-Man.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Oh boy, Punchman is back!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yay, sarcasm and fists! It's back, boys!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

The Dark Id posted:

We're back next Tuesday.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I dont know who's that native chick but I want to find out.