Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
But it’ll automatically be better than the Family Guy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That was a solid early FG episode too.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Everythings Coming Up Simpsons likes to read the Wikipedia enteries for each episode

that sounds god loving awful lol

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

twistedmentat posted:

Everythings Coming Up Simpsons likes to read the Wikipedia enteries for each episode, and they often sound like that.

Bart (Homers Son) plays a prank on Homer (Bart's Father) that causes a ruckus at school.

Wait there is ANOTHER Simpsons podcast that goes episode to episode? Just how many vultures are living off the undying Simpsons corpse?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Wait there is ANOTHER Simpsons podcast that goes episode to episode? Just how many vultures are living off the undying Simpsons corpse?

Talking Simpsons, Coming Up Simpsons, I think there's one by a pair of Aussie dudes so three at least?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BexGu posted:

If you listen to Talking Simpsons, you've heard them do shows with the ladies from Everythings Coming up Simpsons. Their episodes are a lot shorter, like a solid hour, and they've got some other really good guests, they have Weird Al on!

And their way is they have the guest, they choose an episode and they talk about it, while Talking Simpsons is doing episodes on order. I think by the nature of it being two dudes vs two ladies, also two amateur comedy dorks vs to professional comedians means both pods are very different.

Mister Kingdom posted:

It'll be tough to beat Futurama's trip through the Slurm factory.

I'm glad you saw where I was rippting that off from. Honestly, I cannot remember any actual songs from Willy Wonka, but i can remember the ones from Fry and Slurm factory.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Stan considers klaus part of the family :3:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
We're getting new episodes of American Dad! every week until September 9th.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Edward Mass posted:

We're getting new episodes of American Dad! every week until September 9th.

I hope this show lasts a hundred years.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

My wife considers these Seth MacFarlane shows to be stupid poo poo. By some dumb luck I actually got her to sit down and watch a recent American Dad episode and she lost her poo poo at Steve Going Bananas(tm). After that she willingly watched some other episodes and liked it. We now watch it regularly together. She still thinks Family Guy is stupid.

I think I married well.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
smart wife

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fabulousity posted:

My wife considers these Seth MacFarlane shows to be stupid poo poo. By some dumb luck I actually got her to sit down and watch a recent American Dad episode and she lost her poo poo at Steve Going Bananas(tm). After that she willingly watched some other episodes and liked it. We now watch it regularly together. She still thinks Family Guy is stupid.

I think I married well.

The first one I showed my wife was the episode where Francine disguises herself as a man because she LOOOOOOVES fart jokes. The really, really long fart had her dying

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brawnfire posted:

The first one I showed my wife was the episode where Francine disguises herself as a man because she LOOOOOOVES fart jokes. The really, really long fart had her dying

I lose it when everytime Stan kicks her in the stomach she farts. God this show is good.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fabulousity posted:

I think I married well.

Has she watched the Orville?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

Has she watched the Orville?

Neither of us have but I keep reading that it's a good show and was never "Family Guy in space" and these days is hewing pretty close to being classic Star Trek in everything but name.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fabulousity posted:

Neither of us have but I keep reading that it's a good show and was never "Family Guy in space" and these days is hewing pretty close to being classic Star Trek in everything but name.

That's a good assement. It's also surprisingly woke for a network tv show from Seth.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Seth Macfarlane’s lifelong quest to remake his childhood in his own image is equally mystifying and stupefying. I’m happy for his success but I honestly think he’s done as much harm to comedy as he has transformed it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

that's quite the thesis ^

The Orville's really good and the guy who voices Steve in AD has a main role. It's definitely not FG in space and there's clearly a lot of work put into the writing + production

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Last Chance posted:

that's quite the thesis ^

The Orville's really good and the guy who voices Steve in AD has a main role. It's definitely not FG in space and there's clearly a lot of work put into the writing + production

Also, quite literally out of nowhere, Adrianne Palicki got engaged to Scott Grimes.

*fistbumps Scott Grimes*

I would say Orville is Star Trek but with humor sprinkled into it. It's not strictly a comedy. There is much more focus on drama than I expected when I first started watching it. And the CGI budget is fuckin' bonkers for a network TV program.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've got a feeling this is gonna be one for the books

Yep. Man, great last couple of eps!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snoopa Loompas

This episode is an all time great.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh man when Tokes was describing the machine's sequence. "Love that marble. There's my mouse! Blue dots."

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Stellio Kontos in the nightmare tunnel!

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Gonz posted:

Stellio Kontos in the nightmare tunnel!

https://i.imgur.com/zxma5GD.mp4

edit: quality sucks, but hopefully it's nothing kisses won't fix

Potassium Problems fucked around with this message at 05:45 on May 14, 2019

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Brawnfire posted:

Oh man when Tokes was describing the machine's sequence. "Love that marble. There's my mouse! Blue dots."

There's my logo!

That was great. Snoop being the guest was pretty obvious, but the dude never disappoints.

Loved hearing the opening bars of The Breaks in the car.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Potassium Problems posted:

edit: quality sucks, but hopefully it's nothing kisses won't fix

Oh Potassium Problems, one of these days those kisses of yours won't get you out of trouble

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Nah, I didn’t like that one. I think it’s that stoner comedy does nothing for me.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

But the Stone Man is hilarious?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Kinda wished they'd fleshed out the secondary characters that got killed.

Except the "this chick was super pushy now she dead on the flo'" that was perfect

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked Bullock's plans for the edible.

I bought NBA2k19 and am going to play an entire season as the Rangers, but i'm going to give them all girls names!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

Nah, I didn’t like that one. I think it’s that stoner comedy does nothing for me.

You do nothing for us!

That was a great one but the lighter joke went on a little too long I felt

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, your name is pubeface?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Has there been a point in the series where Director Bullock and Principal Lewis cross paths? I'm not sure what happens if those two elemental forces of deranged hedonism meet but I bet it would be almost equal to Roger at his worst (or best?).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fabulousity posted:

Has there been a point in the series where Director Bullock and Principal Lewis cross paths? I'm not sure what happens if those two elemental forces of deranged hedonism meet but I bet it would be almost equal to Roger at his worst (or best?).

So what you're saying is we need an episode where all three of them team up

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"Why did I even have this contest?! It makes very little sense from a business prospective!" :argh:

I wish they could afford to make Snoop Dogg a regular character.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Why did I even have this contest?! It makes very little sense from a business prospective!" :argh:

I wish they could afford to make Snoop Dogg a regular character.

"Why did I make this contest random?!"

I would love it if he popped in a couple times to have Jeff help him solve weed-themed mysteries.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

"Why did I make this contest random?!"

I would love it if he popped in a couple times to have Jeff help him solve weed-themed mysteries.

"Did you see the size of that rip I took?" :350:

"It was truly epic. I love you Jeff Fischer." :snoop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I liked Bullock's plans for the edible.

I bought NBA2k19 and am going to play an entire season as the Rangers, but i'm going to give them all girls names!

It was MLB

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

The_Doctor posted:

That was more just a straight Willie Wonka spoof that happened to have weed in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChesterJT posted:

That was more just a straight Willie Wonka spoof that happened to have weed in it.

Yeah, they basically replaced "chocolate" with "weed" in the script.