Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

The kind of lunatics who will install these mods (IE people like me) like to tweak and adjust them to their preferences- plus they don't pay for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kavak posted:

The kind of lunatics who will install these mods (IE people like me) like to tweak and adjust them to their preferences- plus they don't pay for them.

shut up and chew with your mouth closed while consuming your 83 breads

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

There are some games where it can work. In general though, a lot of games use survival meters as low hanging fruit to justify some action that is barely connected.

Even those Skyrim mods, it only really affects you the player. You're never going to run into npcs suffering or camping dynamically or recovering from freezing to death or something. So sure, it works great if you like to be at an unfair disadvantage; or if you've put 800 hours into Skyrim and you absolutely must squeeze every last drop out of it.

Also it works better when your game is a walking simulator for the most part. You never stop being "my character", so you're always attentive to that condition. In Star Citizen you character is probably going to be a space ship for the most part. Your "survival meters" should be fuel, jump ranges, ammunition, etc.

Suddenly having your guy, who's flying a ship, start to take damage because they're starving to death while you're engaged in a fight for whatever isn't going to bring anything to the table. It's going to be annoying.

However if you feel like you want to fight hypothermia and sexually transmitted diseases while doing a cargo run in your space ship... be my guest! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Also, I think the modders who made those for Skyrim probably have more skill than the people working on Star Citizen. I wouldn't use those as a good standard, but instead find the games that have the hunger, thirst, etc bars that constantly degrade. Most likely CIG will also link it to your pcs tick instead of time too so it won't work the same for anybody.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Today in SC I starved on the commute to my ship. Fidelity.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There are fun games (The Ship, for instance) where you have to stop what you're doing and eat/sleep/poo poo or else you suffer for it. Star Citizen or other flight sims or MMORPGs are not because that's really dumb.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

The Titanic posted:

There are some games where it can work. In general though, a lot of games use survival meters as low hanging fruit to justify some action that is barely connected.

Even those Skyrim mods, it only really affects you the player. You're never going to run into npcs suffering or camping dynamically or recovering from freezing to death or something. So sure, it works great if you like to be at an unfair disadvantage; or if you've put 800 hours into Skyrim and you absolutely must squeeze every last drop out of it.

Also it works better when your game is a walking simulator for the most part. You never stop being "my character", so you're always attentive to that condition. In Star Citizen you character is probably going to be a space ship for the most part. Your "survival meters" should be fuel, jump ranges, ammunition, etc.

Suddenly having your guy, who's flying a ship, start to take damage because they're starving to death while you're engaged in a fight for whatever isn't going to bring anything to the table. It's going to be annoying.

However if you feel like you want to fight hypothermia and sexually transmitted diseases while doing a cargo run in your space ship... be my guest! :)

I think you've put more thought into this than Chris or anyone at CI has. The whole purpose of all of the punishing survival mechanics and the dozens of meters they would entail, seems only to get people dreaming that Star Citizen will be their fully realized new life in space. Chris being the simpleton he is has just sort of rolled with it and soaked in the resulting 200 million dollar windfall. I don't think he has any real purpose or goals in mind other than to make it "real" in some vague and senseless way that will just waste millions of more dollars and years of dev time on another technical dead end.

So far the grand sum of in game content for this second life dream, is space whiskey that you can slosh around, a FOIP feature that no one ever uses, and a meter on your HUD for atmosphere composition that doesn't actually track anything and just ticks away randomly. I'd say they're doing great!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
March Set 1

quote:

quote:

I'm struggling to put myself into the mindset of a backer who looks at this video, after 7 years in development, and thinks "hmm, yes, this is good". I hope all of them pledge ten thousand dollars more each.

No. 1: Everything that happens is good for Star Citizen
No. 2: Development is always just starting

whatever mental distortions you need to believe it's perpetually "early days yet

:reddit: posted:

They're hiding behind this "realism" change because technically they weren't able to make it run, so they showed demos of a single player game experience trying to pass it off as an mmo.

CIG Employee on :reddit: posted:

In 2017 we used literal boxes crashed together with a random texture applied for the demo as we were still figuring out how any of that was going to be built. So the suburbs look very blocky and random without any real shape or structure with the exception of the occasional low poly cylinder thrown in. We also made it quite harshly lit so you wouldn’t see the very awful texture underneath, which you can definitely see in the demo but it’s so toned down you don’t notice. Also remember the demo was made for a singular lighting scenario, whereas now the planet rotates, so we have to tackle how this looks under almost every lighting scenario possible.

peter gabriel posted:

Nice to see CI admit they literally smash poo poo together for demos and it has no bearing on what will actually be in game

Cool Buff Man posted:

Rex is the most blatant viewbotter I have ever seen, how the gently caress does he think nobody will notice? He jumped up to 3500 viewers and he has about 5 people chatting, here's a snapshot of the amount of viewers in his chat vs reported "viewers" (via http://www.tidyxgamer.com/realviewers.asp?action=check)

That is absurd.

Whenever he starts stream, his viewers jump up immediately to his "max range" for that day. I've never seen anyone so brave in their viewbotting

Just know there is nothing I want more than for this to get done. I personally have supported this game with over $5000 of my hard earned money. That being said, there are some glaring issues that need to be dealt with if that's going to happen.

So you want them to make another jpeg, instead of making another gameplay feature? Like say another star system, or salvaging, or tractor beams, or fixing grav bikes, or NPC crew, or...... Getting my point?

If not I'll lay it out, they aren't going to ever finish if we keep telling them to add more and more ships, but no mechanics. We are doing nothing but adding to their already enormous workload.

I get it, they somehow need the money after saying years ago they had enough to fully develop the game. There's only one person to blame, Chris Roberts. He overspent on voice actors (paying Mark Hamill and a cast of A/B list actors/actresses more than 20 million). He overpaid for motion capture when they could have done it much cheaper, and after seeing their product, much better by doing pure CGI, or at a minimum use a better studio. I've seen the results of their motion capture, lips don't move in sync with the voices, they don't move at all, and some of the movements don't even happen at all.

You can down vote this and say I'm completely full of poo poo, then open your wallet even deeper to this company. Or you can take this as it's intended, an intervention for this community. There needs to be changes or we will never get the game we want.

They're sycophants that refuse to allow dissenting opinions to be heard. They think criticism=hate and that if you're not verbally kissing CRs rear end you want the game to fail.

Quavers posted:

A new video analyzing CI!G's financials, it's pretty in-depth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EIOuqh0J6w

Bootcha posted:

This analysis is pretty good. I would mention that the $46 million is just about a year's worth of breathing room should pledges take a dive. But in addition to the marketing money being deployed, I think you're going to see some cost-saving measures deployed in 2020 and later. Notably, the current industry trend of transitioning full-time employees to contractors. I myself haven't been able to get an exact number of current contractors within Cloud Imperium, but I would suspect new hires would be on a contractual basis rather than full employment. It's cheaper to pay someone $80k for 18-24 months with no renewal than paying them $70k for 4 years. I would say we're back at 2012 in terms of overhead. There's a lot more work done, but everything costs more to do, and you're 7 years displaced from the growth fueled by initial hype. If you need to grow your company by a full fifth to launch a product and cannot relatively match those expenses with similar income increases, there's cause to be worried sooner rather than later. It's always prudent to question what's going on if the worst-case-scenario safety cushion doesn't extend beyond a quarter.

TheAgent posted:

also lol that anthem got console certified and it bricks loving consoles

Sq42 coming to consoles motherfuckers

you can taste it since last year, really

that salty taste of impending loving doom, which in this case means a salty explosion of release from CIG

it's seriously a loving dire situation there and has been for years but the "uhhhhh my God we need this done when" taste is deffo in the soup as a main ingreidiant right now

Sarsapariller posted:

It's like you sold a guy a plate of spaghetti and meatballs for 2000 dollars, then you called across town to ask another kitchen to make 3 strands of spaghetti while you had your cook make the other strands but he'd never seen spaghetti so you drew him a bunch of lines and told him to get to it, then you went back to the customer and told him you were almost done and it was so good but maybe he'd like to wait a little longer and give you another 200 bucks and you'd add cheese, meanwhile the other kitchen had delivered the 3 strands but you didn't like the length so you threw them in the trash and refused to pay, and your cook had gone outside and collected a pile of sticks which he was insisting matched your drawing, so you fired him and cut out some pictures from a recipe book which you took back out to the customer and told him "Look I took some photos of the spaghetti, mmmm look how good, going to need another 100 bucks tho" and at this point it had been 7 hours but this was the stupidest, richest, most patient customer who'd ever lived so he said sure and to keep him interested you fished out one of the garbage spaghetti strands and sent that out on a plate, and then he asked about sauce and oh poo poo you forgot you were supposed to make that, so you told him actually the sauce is in your mind and you need to really savor that single strand and you hired a guy to come in off the street and eat another strand next to him while making orgasm noises and then you told him the meal was over and the strand he'd just eaten was the whole dish and he left you a 5 star review on Yelp.

Dementropy posted:

Sam Still Speaks to Sean Noonan About Working on a Solo Project, Ubisoft, Star Citizen, and Splash Damage

quote:

TechRaptor: After Ubisoft you had a brief stint with Cloud Imperium Games where you worked on the first-person shooter segment of Star Citizen. I think it’s called Star Marine?

Sean: Yeah, so, I basically can quite easily split my time at Cloud Imperium into two. The first year I was working on Squadron 42, which was the single player campaign version of Star Citizen. Basically that’s the one that got all the insane cast like Gillian Anderson and Gary Oldman. A hell of a lot of Game of Thrones people are in there, like Liam Cunningham. I was working on that side of it for the first year, mostly on a vertical slice. So that’s basically a chunk of gameplay that’s representative of the full game. So that’s what I was working on.

Once the vertical slice was finished there was an opportunity for me to work on the multiplayer component. Specifically the first-person, because that’s where my expertise was. So yeah, I moved into the designer role on Star Marine and I built the two maps for that and was basically responsible for the game modes and the mode itself from a design point of view.

That was fun. It was interesting to move on to something multiplayer, because I toyed with it in previous jobs, during prototype phases, and it was always quite satisfying to be able to play the game you’re working on with other people. There were a few moments in Watch Dogs where I was able to do that and it was always fun. It doesn’t feel like work when you get to test something after you worked on it and other people are playing with it at the same time, giving you instant feedback. That was a good time.

quote:

TechRaptor: I guess I got to get the obvious question out of the way. Do you think Star Citizen— do you know when it’s going to come out?

Sean: No, I don’t know when it’s going to come out, but I think it will. You can currently play the MMO side of it now, the persistent universe, which I did some work on. Only a little bit, not much. It was one of my last tasks before I left the studio. But yeah, I think it will. I don’t know to what level, I don’t know what level people want it because most of my work was always on the very standalone stuff. Squadron 42 was quite a standalone product, Star Marine again is a standalone product. They’re all within the larger product, but I was very much connected to those things. I think it will, I don’t know when, but there’s definitely momentum there and they’re doing crazy stuff. Really crazy stuff. It’s real impressive.

Quavers posted:

"star marine is a stand alone product"

Hi Skadden :wave:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

HYPER REAL SPACE SIM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tokamak posted:

So they renamed CIG to CI in order to rename F42 to CIG. They have a fun little shell game going on.

MilesK posted:

Somebody's definitely had lust on their mind

==Other Trainwrecks==

Hav posted:

"We are nomadic now" has to be the best description for a studio.

Thoatse posted:

What *is closing anyway...

colonelwest posted:

:ck5:

I can't wait until CI not G is reduced to just Lando running a weekly RtV out of an LA Starbucks with Chris dialing in from his home remote studio in the Caribbean.

To receive the latest spaceship JPEG please send CASH ONLY to...

ALEXANDRIA BANCORP LIMITED
The Grand Pavilion Commercial Centre
802 West Bay Road, P.O. Box 2428
Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, KY1-1105
Cayman Islands

30.5 Days posted:

I still really believe that Atos ruined the game by being left in charge of a bunch of MMO mechanics and having no loving idea what he was doing. My posts in this thread lay out all the weird poo poo I was constantly running into. The biggest thing was that I was mainly interested in more of that "mobbing around the underground" experience, but the group mechanics were entirely hosed up. Healing was broken, damage mitigation was broken, aggro was broken, and group activities were broken because the designer was worried about things being too easy so he'd nerf rewards for things if you were in a group.

I was interested in the economy & crafting because it seemed to have some depth, but it made so little sense that I ended up just popping open the code to see how it worked and it turned out it was just moronic top to bottom. I spent like hours making a helmet that had a 3.7 HP bonus over the default iron helmet.

I think if it had been just as unpolished and janky as it was, but had a better focus on the things that were interesting about it, I'd probably be defending it to this day. But it was a fight between a good RPG, a bad MMO, and a shameless cash grab, and the cash grab won.

Virtual Captain fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 13, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Woof!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Woof

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
I didn't realize until I caught up with this recap that even :reddit: is coming around.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

This boy gets it!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Scruffpuff posted:

I didn't realize until I caught up with this recap that even :reddit: is coming around.

It's been like 7 years. At some point even the most bone headed have to realize that progress is so slow and broken that it's going to take decades to finish, decades CIG is not likely to have money to complete.

The only part of the game keeping them afloat is their art department that's pumping out pretty assets non stop.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

It may only be the beginning seeds of doubt in the minds of reddit, but it's still pretty great to see. The last ~8 or so months has not been kind to the game, and I think we're finally getting close to a breaking point amongst the true believers (I should ask my brother his opinion on the game, I stopped making fun of him for it in 2016).

The next year should be very interesting, and not just because of the Skadden lawsuit.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scruffpuff posted:

lol

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Adz Adama working overtime this month huh.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
March Set 2

G0RF posted:

YOUTUBE: Around the Verse - Depth of Character

:lol: what does Chris know about that?

Also, GET HYPED, they’re adding holes in the ground!

(Also, speaking of Chris, it’s now been over two months since he’s appeared on ATV.)

Also, their new mission giver is a hottie named Twitch. You put the B in subtle guys, really.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Caves? Awesome! Just a few more years of development and they might catch up to No Man's Sky!

Kosumo posted:

Caves?

That makes sense, you know who likes caves .... Bears

colonelwest posted:

I'm hugely excited for the addition of caves that look 10X less interesting and detailed than Skyrim and will contain no gameplay elements.

I also want to take a moment to applaud CIG for making a single NPC who spouts a few lines of stale canned dialogue to send you off to a mission that if it wasn't horribly broken would just be dull and repetitive. Surely this a major development milestone and something we've never seen in a game before. I can't wait until Chris switches the subsumption AI switch to "on" in the PU, and all of those NPC's who can't even walk in a simple scripted path around a small room suddenly become hyper intelligent and indistinguishable from human players, and we can all form life long relationships with them and ride off into the singularity sunset together.

Scruffpuff posted:

Not many people understand this. Consider that nobody at CI not G wait G again knows what Star Citizen is, least of all Chris, yet look at how much they've gotten done. I see graphics, I hear sounds, they're including ways to make some of the graphics move around sometimes and that's an absolutely incredible feat for a completely undesigned and unplanned game. They don't know if it's an MMO, an instanced sort of online dozen people game, if it's PVP, PVE, none of the above, they don't know what genre it is, if it will have crafting or not, how the flight will work, how gunplay will work, what the guns will even be, or how any of it fits together, and thousands of other considerations they haven't even started to think about yet. But even with all that uncertainty, they have planets and a space station and sometimes ships and even the occasional working gun. When you think about it, once they do design something, or start to design something, or start to think about maybe what kind of game they might want to make someday, all these assets are already done and in, and it sets them way, way ahead of other game development studios who make the mistake of knowing what they're making before they start. That's great if you want all kinds of delays, but it doesn't matter how many years Star Citizen has been in development because every one of those years has produced something visual, and that means it's a game and it's real.

Jonny Shiloh posted:

I'm absolutely sure Tony Z has this all figured out already. I mean, the man might give the impression of a pothead English lit professor teaching Stephen King studies while winding down his career in some small New England college, but looks can be deceptive, and from what I read of his Subsumption AI, behind that facade burns the mind of a C. A. Rotwang.

TheAgent posted:

the reason the y are adding caves is because a chapter in sq42 needs caves

absolutely everything added to the PU at this point is because its being built and readied for sq42

TheAgent posted:

absolutely nothing in the pu is proc gen lol

why do you think the caves will be

Wuxi posted:

Rex delivering 50-player action to 5000 viewbots, 100:1 NPC:player ratio is in

ggangensis posted:

"You don't understand game development" amuses me the most. Most of the backers seem to be thinking like a junior high student who wants to create 'the perfect game'™ after having written a glorified hello world program in Python in his computer science class. He thinks everything is possible and the best case scenario is that he fails but learned a lot. This is the feeling I get with CIG, inexperienced people with a completely incompetent and delusional leader that has no real obligations. Their development is highly unprofessional and along the lines of some mod project, except people have thrown 200 million dollars at it and the unimportant fluff looks more shiny.

From a technical standpoint, I assume their underlying architecture is hosed and every change, even a (seemingly) insignificant one, causes problems in parts of the game they've never thought of. Also, from what I can imagine class/module and blackbox testing is quite hard for game engines, so I guess it's safe to assume that CIG doesn't have a thorough, automatic testing process in place. It's basically a war of attrition they are fighting: Do some ugly hack to fix Issue A (in 75% of the cases) which causes a new Issue B to pop up somewhere. Backers seem to be completely unaware of these facts of badly planned and executed software development and like this guy really think "it's a box problem" or "it's a problem with the doors". Frankly, the remaining backers are the gaming equivalent of people buying healing stones from homeshopping TV and are the sole reason CIG still exists. sigh.

Peter.Quint posted:

The hilarity on Rex's stream continues: random crashes, Rex getting killed by rocks he stands on, spaceships out of control, people with heads stuck in the ceiling, the endless repetition of "VIP missions" in the dusty canyon.

And then it hit a new low. The stream died and I thought maybe CIG had asked him not to show any more crashes. His explanation the next day was that Star Citizen completely incapacitated his PC.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=9m30s

It doesn't get much better for the poor, hard working shill. At this point he calls out to his RSI overlords asking for them to fix it. He ends up streaming the process of just trying to get Star Citizen to work. At least he's giving an honest representation of what Star Citizen is about.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=15m30s

He might be starting to snap. It's painful but watch it to the end, it's so loving funny.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/392808456?t=19m20s

For me, this is the best thing on the internet.

Pixelate posted:

You don't even need a box now...

DEATH BY STANDING ON THE DEAD

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Watch some one get killed by Hurston Security for having 4 crimestat
Stand on their body, and wait.
Get killed.

ACTUAL RESULT:

You get killed, no broken legs or such just straight up death.

Sarsapariller posted:

So...

How bout that Star Citizen, huh?

Today we're pretending that Star Marine is a popular video game, except of course nothing in Star Citizen can be at one meta level of stupidity so here's an article about it as though it were some kind of in-game phenomenon

They are... literally writing fanfiction about how successful their failure of a game mode is, in-universe.

quote:

Hundreds of thousands of Star Marine players can also be found casting their gameplay at any given time, with the most popular being traded around the Empire. Big name streamers like GoodTimeDuke and MARSHMALLOW run casts that have become appointment viewing, attracting sponsors and dedicated fanatics of their own.

quote:

Players, who refer to themselves as “Starheads,” range from UEE veterans lured by the incredible attention to detail to successful politicians and even to the Empire’s elite — businessman Silas Koerner keeps a sim pod in his office for regular Star Marine breaks. It seems that fans of all ages, genders, and species have found something that speaks to them in the historically-grounded battles and shoot-outs the game portrays.

go read the full article, this is next-level pathetic even for CI~G

Beet Wagon posted:

I’m the acknowledgement that my game is controversial and lovely but people like it anyway, even in my own fan fiction about how good my game is hahahaha holy gently caress

Jonny Shiloh posted:

Star Citizen has now apparently detached itself from reality and is currently gestating in an alternate dimension where *gasp* elite businessmen play Star Marine.

Sarsapariller posted:

I think my favorite part is that they had to invent fictional channels on their own chat service for their terrible game, because no living breathing human being had anything to say about it

In the article comments: "gently caress Star Marine"

:lol:

monkeytek posted:

Countdown to CIG announcing stress test of 100 players on one planet.

8 years in, Game still isn't released nor does it have a release date or can they even give a realistic timeline of when it might be. You really getting smug and slow jerking it over a infograph? They can keep making these pretty little color info graphs for another 8 years.. you still gonna be "hurr hurr I wonder if all the hysterical people calling doom and gloom are embarrassed hurr hurr"

Dementropy posted:

SC Leaks - Evocati 3.5: Patch notes for build 3.5.0-ptu.1262986 (ArcCorp is here!)

quote:

Major Known Issues:

-Tecia Pacheco is only partially implemented.
-Targeting pips move around unpredictably and are not accurate.
-Players landing at major landing zones may not have their spawn location set there as intended.
-There's currently an issue with insurance claims that is causing it to not repair or restore destroyed ships. W/A: Use other ships or recopy to restore destroyed ones.
-DNA customization is incomplete and not usable. In addition, attempting to select the female may cause crashes in game. W/A: Accept the default setup and wait to test the customization when its complete.
-Scrolling through the mobiGlas VMA may cause a crash. W/A: Avoid using the mG VMA.
-Selecting and equipping clothing on the mobiGlas PMA may cause a crash. W/A: Avoid using the PMA.
-There is a crash on reconnecting after leaving a server or crashing. W/A: Completely close down the client, wait a couple of minutes, then attempt to reconnect.

==CryTek vs CIG==

Daztek posted:

Jury Trial in Two Weeks + 1 year :toot:

Who Is Really Behind the CryTek vs. CiG Lawsuit?
I think that Epic Games founder Tim Sweeney wants to get hold of Star Citizens revolutionary tech on the cheap, to incorporate it into the Unreal Engine.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

thank you for doing these recaps VC i really enjoy reading them when they come round and its gotta be tough work sifting through the massive volume of SC posts

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
E: WRONG THREAD!!!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I think comparing CIG to modders is a big insult to modders

It's pretty common for big mods to be better developed than the games themselves

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

SC modders are gonna look great then. :v:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...dy-to-play/amp/

This seems pertinent and it popped up in the thread.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
The parts about Sandi trying to strangle him are the actual surprise. I had no idea about that.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

wdarkk posted:

The parts about Sandi trying to strangle him are the actual surprise. I had no idea about that.

Yeah, but look at him. I’d be surprised if she’s the only one. She wanted ascendant pictures and she got an auditorium full of nerds dressed like soldiers.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
drat. That is a good article. Although it feels like it cuts off 2/3rds of the way through the story - the stuff at the end of last year was so insane, the levels of depression among the community so palpable at this stage.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Cripse. The only thing that strangles in this whole fiasco are the servers.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

wdarkk posted:

Jokes on her, he ain't got a neck.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

AlternateAccount posted:

Jokes on her, he ain't got a neck.

It’s a knuckle.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So presumably this is the annual long 'nothing happening' phase of Shart Citizen? When's the Next Big Thing supposed to happen? If I remember rightly they're not doing any shows this year so are we basically going to be waiting until the Citizencon or until legal news (or perhaps total project failure)?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

El Grillo posted:

So presumably this is the annual long 'nothing happening' phase of Shart Citizen? When's the Next Big Thing supposed to happen? If I remember rightly they're not doing any shows this year so are we basically going to be waiting until the Citizencon or until legal news (or perhaps total project failure)?

The space game just put motorbikes up for sale. At this point the dumbest stuff is normalised down into people buying more technical debt.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

El Grillo posted:

It’s sometimes hard to endure the glacial pace of the destruction; we all wish there were more big ticket implosions like the Forbes article. It’s nice to pop in every now and then to find a big thing actually happened, though the full extent of the damage has yet to be calculated in this case.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Look upon my works, ye mighty, and refund.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Do they even give refunds now? Last I heard you had to get a court order.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Terminally Bored posted:

Do they even give refunds now? Last I heard you had to get a court order.

We have it on good authority that they offer chokeholds and strangulation.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dogeh posted:

We have it on good authority that they offer chokeholds and strangulation.
So now you have to tickle every last cent out of them?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I've only been following SC via Virtual Captain's posts here. Anything of note happen in the last month or so?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Xelkelvos posted:

I've only been following SC via Virtual Captain's posts here. Anything of note happen in the last month or so?

They're selling motorbikes in addition to hoverbikes, and https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...dy-to-play/amp/ is being hotly debated in the current round of ethics in games journalism.

#IStandWithStrangli will become apparent.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Unfortunately I think Virtual Captain has met the great ramp in the sky.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

A hero amongst goons, a captain of fud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No more updates?