Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Both of those can be summed up as "keep your professional relationships professional," because regardless of what you do the business is going to. You don't owe your employer anything outside of professional courtesy and whatever your employment agreement entails.

That said, if I had a good working relationship somewhere, and gave them notice, and they asked if they could pay me to train a replacement, or help out in my free time from new job, I would of course consider it. Being someone people can ask for help means they'll listen to you if you ever need help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

pile of brown posted:

Keep them forever and see which host(ess) is down to give them an hj at least

Who let AMAHD back in?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Who let AMAHD back in?

are you seriously asking who let the dogs in

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

who?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
What do you mean who? Do you even get down?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DynamoNestico

Has anyone else seen this serving stories twitter?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mezzanon posted:

https://twitter.com/DynamoNestico

Has anyone else seen this serving stories twitter?

Not until you posted it, but I'm in love.

https://twitter.com/DynamoNestico/status/1125582000285470728?s=19

https://twitter.com/DynamoNestico/status/1124138196856651776?s=19

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 7, 2019

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
https://twitter.com/JanelleCShane/s...ber%3D30%23pti8

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I lost it at meat seeds

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Update on my previous post.

I found out today that my parent company, in light of the recent pay scale restructuring I fought for, has hired a small firm to track pay rates for the region in order to stay competitive and avoid this happening again to other properties.

I may have caused a whole lot of people that I don't even work with to start seeing better pay.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ty for ur service

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Update on my previous post.

I found out today that my parent company, in light of the recent pay scale restructuring I fought for, has hired a small firm to track pay rates for the region in order to stay competitive and avoid this happening again to other properties.

I may have caused a whole lot of people that I don't even work with to start seeing better pay.

Hell yeah <3

Turkeybone
Dec 9, 2006

:chef: :eng99:
Ugh, five years in an office, I yearn again for me. I think I'm gonna ask to stage at my fav little wine bar.

I dream of food writing by day and pouring at night.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

2 new line cooks are plucking my every nerve. Both boast a ton of experience, more so than I have professionally. Now I'm not saying I'm all that and a bag of chips, but I have subscriptions to Cooks Illustrated that are literally older than most of my co-workers. So while I may not have boatloads of actual industry experience, but see poo poo like this...

Cook #1. Was supposedly head line cook at a resort once, yet did not know the difference between oysters and calamari. Asked me last night while we were in the walkin where the Romano was. "In those tubs up there, top shelf." "This?", he asks, holding a tub that says ROMANO right on it.

Cook #2. Guy who claims to have lived his whole life in restaurants. One of my competent coworkers asked for a sprig of parsley from his salad station. "YO WHAT THE gently caress IS A SPRIG, I DUNNO WHAT YOURE loving ASKING ME FOR", he yells, flying off on a meth-fueled rant. Hilariously also threw a toddler-like tantrum last night over being asked to break down some boxes and tidy the walk-in, mumbling "I came here to cook, not do this poo poo, the dishwasher should do this poo poo". Yeah, you came here to cook, but you don't know what a goddamn sprig of parsley is. No wonder chef put you on side work like that. You putz.

Thread, give me strength.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Here Comes the World's First AI Generated Whiskey

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Cook #2. Guy who claims to have lived his whole life in restaurants. One of my competent coworkers asked for a sprig of parsley from his salad station. "YO WHAT THE gently caress IS A SPRIG, I DUNNO WHAT YOURE loving ASKING ME FOR", he yells, flying off on a meth-fueled rant. Hilariously also threw a toddler-like tantrum last night over being asked to break down some boxes and tidy the walk-in, mumbling "I came here to cook, not do this poo poo, the dishwasher should do this poo poo". Yeah, you came here to cook, but you don't know what a goddamn sprig of parsley is. No wonder chef put you on side work like that. You putz.

Thread, give me strength.

What kind of cook doesn't like spending fifteen minutes to organize/debox the walk-in?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
My boss walks in the kitchen every once and while in her slippers, and even occasionally in her bare feet, and every time she does I die a little inside.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Rama of Ra posted:

My boss walks in the kitchen every once and while in her slippers, and even occasionally in her bare feet, and every time she does I die a little inside.

Mad props for never ever ever having broken glass or plates or tiny shards thereof on your kitchen floors! Let alone any gross food parts or anything! Be a real shame if anything happened...

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Yeah try not to spill oil in her path or anything

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Coasterphreak posted:

What kind of cook doesn't like spending fifteen minutes to organize/debox the walk-in?

One who doesn't know the satisfaction when the mise is -just right-.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm not sure if y'all are being facetious or not, but hell yeah I love getting a 10 min break from standing next to two 600 degree ovens and hearing the ticket printer chittering away, when chef asks me to sweep and mop the walkin. Quiet, cool, and I get to mutter to myself about poo poo and decompress for a second.

But...

[Robert Stack VO] Tonight, on Unsolved Mysteries: Why is there always a stray lemon when JD sweeps the walk-in?
Sometimes, it's an errant chicken wing [zoom on wing on the floor]
Other times, there may be some onion skins. [shot of onions, string music intensifies]
But always... There's a lemon. Tucked far away under the racks, where no broom can whisk away its slippery, semi-spherical shape [negative b&w shot of lemon, orchestra hit, cut to credits]

Also: bare feet in a kitchen? The gently caress? Jesus, even the ghetto gas station I get beer from will boot you for that.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The hillbilly breakfast cook at one place I worked would walk around in her socks sometimes.
She also only seemed to have one tooth that magically moved around her mouth.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Regular brain: Farting in the walk-in

Galaxy brain: making GBS threads in the walk-in

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
God drat it! Who poo poo in the demi again!?

Speaking of demi, I used to work at a hotel in Disney, and we had an overnight prep guy who worked alone. We came in one morning to him not there, and nothing done. Turns out, he had accidentally knocked over a 24qt of lamb demi and a 12qt of cherry reduction in the walk in, and just wrote "SORRY :(" in it with his finger, and walked out.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~

Rugikiki posted:

Mad props for never ever ever having broken glass or plates or tiny shards thereof on your kitchen floors! Let alone any gross food parts or anything! Be a real shame if anything happened...

I mean... who the gently caress has broken rear end poo poo on their floors. And ours can be a mess in the middle of things but we try to sweep when we’re outta the action for a minute.

It would be a shame, but sometimes I secretly wish she’d step on something wet and squishy (our dish pit is right next to the door) so she’s think twice about it next time.

Our establishment isn’t what I’d call haute cuisine but it’s one of the nicer places in town. It just bothers my kitchen OCD so much but I could never say anything about it. She actually did it again today.

We’re closed Sundays so we got some Mother’s Day crowd tonight, as well as all the kids graduating. Fun times. I feel like a fire right now.

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone out there who fulfills the qualifications.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm not sure if y'all are being facetious or not, but hell yeah I love getting a 10 min break from standing next to two 600 degree ovens and hearing the ticket printer chittering away, when chef asks me to sweep and mop the walkin. Quiet, cool, and I get to mutter to myself about poo poo and decompress for a second.

I'm completely serious, but then again I'm also the one that usually puts the truck orders away and nothing is more obnoxious than having to reorganize shelves with a giant pile of stuff in the middle of the floor because the driver insist on stacking everything six feet high.

On the other hand, doing the freezer kinda sucks because there's barely enough room for one person and it's a hell of a shock going from an 85 degree kitchen to a -9 degree freezer. Incidentally, this is why I end up bringing a jacket to work in the middle of July.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
place is running brunch from 9-4 and dinner from appx 4:30-10 and i guess regular prep will happen during brunch? it’s all a terrible idea and we’re booked solid from open to close so i know im gna be walking into a shitshow but at least i’m not working a double

happy mother’s day industry goons

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Turkeybone posted:

Ugh, five years in an office, I yearn again for me. I think I'm gonna ask to stage at my fav little wine bar.

I dream of food writing by day and pouring at night.

Ahahahahahahhhaahahahaahaaha this is a terrible idea. Go poo poo in your 401k.

PS guess who got gout and was then congratulated by his Japanese colleague for evincing dedication to the job because “all top earners get gout”.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

God drat it! Who poo poo in the demi again!?

Speaking of demi, I used to work at a hotel in Disney, and we had an overnight prep guy who worked alone. We came in one morning to him not there, and nothing done. Turns out, he had accidentally knocked over a 24qt of lamb demi and a 12qt of cherry reduction in the walk in, and just wrote "SORRY :(" in it with his finger, and walked out.

gently caress that guy with a thousand dicks.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Field Mousepad posted:

gently caress that guy with a thousand dicks.

He was going to get fired for it anyway, and Disney was a real fuckin chode to work for, so whatever.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Today we ran brunch specials, like you would expect. Both specials came with eggs to order.

My kitchen has one burner total. And the flat grill isn’t big enough to do eggs when I’m doing French toast and my assorted other breads on it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Mithross posted:

Today we ran brunch specials, like you would expect. Both specials came with eggs to order.

My kitchen has one burner total. And the flat grill isn’t big enough to do eggs when I’m doing French toast and my assorted other breads on it.

How are you posting from post-suicide Catholic hell?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poor Mithross, thought of eggs and died.

The hospital has calmed down over the weekend. Patients are being cooperative and going home. Our count for the day was around 160 beds filled. 180 is what I consider normal. 200+ is high, and anything below 175 or so is low. So it went ok.

I'm just not looking forward to my clopen on Tue/Wed. Especially because Wed morning, I'm on the grill up front. And it's french toast day on the self serve. BUT it's also apparently hospitals week. And there will be free waffles. (Specifically the frozen pre-cooked Krusteaz squares. They're not bad, just bland.)

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Mithross posted:

I would like my eggs over easy, but they have to be cooked all the way through.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
Get out of culinary people. Go to grocery, get set up for easy promotions because you work harder than everybody else, 'cause it's easier than any kitchen work you've ever done, and laugh to yourself when your coworkers get stressed about stocking shelves.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Anybody here have insight into the distribution world? I've been considering the idea of being a rep.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

Get out of culinary people. Go to grocery, get set up for easy promotions because you work harder than everybody else, 'cause it's easier than any kitchen work you've ever done, and laugh to yourself when your coworkers get stressed about stocking shelves.

I didn't get there after almost 5 years :v:. Hospital kitchen has been easier anyways.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Tezcatlipoca posted:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism.

You're right, but what does that have to do with the post you quoted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

You're right, but what does that have to do with the post you quoted

Always looking for the easiest way to make a buck is how we got to this point. CDC seems to be concerned with that above all else.