Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Awesome! Glad to see you're feeling better and taking care of yourself.

Question: when do you take your SSRI? They can be activating/energizing and cause problems with sleep, so if you're taking it at night, try switching it to the morning instead.

I take it in the morning. When night fell, my anxiety got a lot worse. I take it in the morning with the idea that I will need to redose in the morning when my anxiety isn't normally as high.

angerbeet posted:

Do you snore? That sounds sort of sleep apnea-ish.

It's more like an anxiety dream delusion thing. It used to be that I would wake up thinking a spider was crawling on me but changed over time to choking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bullfrog posted:

It's more like an anxiety dream delusion thing. It used to be that I would wake up thinking a spider was crawling on me but changed over time to choking.
Could still be sleep apnea, but sleep anxiety is a real thing. I take a low-dosage mix of trazodone, citalopram, and buproprion largely to deal with sleep problems.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Oddly enough, buproprion seemed to keep me awake or at least I kept me awake while taking it for the first couple months. My pcp suggested I take it in the am and it's been fine since.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
Today I finally got back into therapy with a new psychologist, and I requested someone who was good with ADHD, anxiety, and depression.

Instead I got a guy who focused on the fact I wasn't in a relationship, and since I was a 30 year old woman out of college, I should consider online dating services because "your options are limited".

Let's not focus on me telling you I drink four-five nights out of the week to kill the evening anxiety or that Tuesday night I got caught up in an intense desire to die, LET'S INSTEAD focus on how I'm sad and might not feel like putting on makeup, but I still need to get out there! No one's gonna knock on my door! Every time it's an old white dude, EVERY GODDAMN TIME.

I've started looking again because I know it's very much a matter of life and death, but loving goddamn it.

MayOrMayNotBeACat
Jul 22, 2017

Nae! posted:

yeah i also didn't give a gently caress during my teens. experiencing every single air travel nightmare short of crashing is what got me, including:

- everyone sitting on runway for four hours because they overfuelled the plane
- everyone sitting on the runaway for two hours after landing because of inclement weather
- being redirected to a different city because we ran out of fuel circling the airport
- being stranded in a layover because the second leg of a flight was canceled
- having my flight cancelled because it was over 119 degrees, the temperature at which planes burn
- having my flight cancelled because a lunatic took hostages in the local control tower and grounded all of the planes
- flying with ear infections
- flying brutally hung over
- flying with the stomach flu
- flying when the person in front of me threw up on the floor and it slowly washed back to me over the period of four hours
- and last but not least, flying when the person next to me will not shut the gently caress up

Sorry to hear that. Don't really have anything to offer (don't remember any travel horrors I've experienced) except maybe that you are not alone in having travel nightmares: https://youtu.be/0Lz77_-WUkc?t=11745

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

Oddly enough, buproprion seemed to keep me awake or at least I kept me awake while taking it for the first couple months. My pcp suggested I take it in the am and it's been fine since.
Yeah, I added it third to help with general depression and it works great taken in the morning, and that's helped even out my sleep with my other meds. But I also have a lot of physical health issues affecting my mental stability and sleep.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

my life advice is don't have the mental disorder that makes thinking about, going to or being at work cause panic attacks and general anxiety that prevents you from sleeping even when you aren't doing those things

e: actually if you do do this make sure to be insanely rich ahead of time

turn off the TV has issued a correction as of 05:29 on May 11, 2019

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sanguinary Novel posted:

Instead I got a guy who focused on the fact I wasn't in a relationship, and since I was a 30 year old woman out of college, I should consider online dating services because "your options are limited".

This is borderline unethical and now I’m mad and red again. May also be nude, can’t confirm or deny

definitely a good call finding someone new. that guy’s a fuckstick for even bringing it up, let alone saying what he did.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm lucky enough to have my depression be treatable with medication and time, but i also have a crippling fear of mind-altering substances outside of meds, so is it better to be not depressed and sober or depressed and drunk :thunk:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Being depressed and drunk pretty much destroyed my life so probably not that.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
I try and avoid drinking when I feel depression/mania now because it rarely goes well- its taken a lot of time and repeated reinforcement. A beer or two doesn't count to that, but it's a lot easier to keep it to a beer or two if I only have access to a beer or two because otherwise sometimes I find myself at 12 beers and thirsty

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
yeah take it from a former alcoholic, don’t mix mental illness, meds, and drinking

it doesn’t end well

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
would much rather be not depressed and sober than drunk and depressed. 1000%

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Consummate Professional posted:

would much rather be not depressed and sober than drunk and depressed. 1000%

Yeah that seems like a win/win versus a lose/lose.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
holy lmao our new apartment just pulled a bait and switch so egregious that I’m going to have to sue to break lease like one month after moving in

that’s not going to help anxiety levels

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

holy lmao our new apartment just pulled a bait and switch so egregious that I’m going to have to sue to break lease like one month after moving in

that’s not going to help anxiety levels

i was dealing with that risk all winter, and the way i dealt with that sword of damocles was to get stoned and hope it fixed itself. so good luck, it really sucks. at least you're not on probation and dont need to get permission to move :glomp:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

i was dealing with that risk all winter, and the way i dealt with that sword of damocles was to get stoned and hope it fixed itself. so good luck, it really sucks. at least you're not on probation and dont need to get permission to move :glomp:

man the forums are really cracking down on bad posts

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
seriously if I could do Mr. Praline’s voice while talking to the super I would because this is some dead parrot poo poo

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

man the forums are really cracking down on bad posts

are you insulting me here because im not sure if i should cry :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

are you insulting me here because im not sure if i should cry :(

I am not it was just a general joke about probations :(

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my landlord says we will get our keys at 3 PM on monday (assuming the city approves following the walkthrough). we need to be out of our current rental by the end of the day Tuesday. lmao it is gonna be a stressful as poo poo. we were supposed to move in may 1 but it is new construction and they missed deadline.

hopefully i can track down the landlord we were going to rent from but their lease terms were super hosed up like we needed their permission to have ANY guests. we told them to pound sand and give us our refundable deposit ($500) back and they just hosed off with it

mekyabetsu
Dec 17, 2018

You guys ever have a day where it feels like every single person you interact with is like the big gross guy on the bus from that one episode of Always Sunny?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX9W4Px1dKc

mekyabetsu has issued a correction as of 01:08 on May 12, 2019

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Still jobless. Still feel like nothing good will ever happen. What really sucks is that I went to ask that resume thread in Ask/Tell's business subforum for help and I vented about how poo poo stuff was and got a bunch of dickheads lecturing me about how my attitude is bad and somehow every hiring manager can somehow sense that, and how I clearly need to just get even more training to get the job I went to college to get. Feels like the same dudes who post in the landlord thread post in there, just utterly loving sociopathic assholes who assume everything is clearly my fault for not bending down further to lick people's boots for something.

Like holy poo poo, one of those loving geeks PM'd me to whine at me further about my "nasty attitude" but I sent him the pig with poop on its balls in response, so at least that felt good

SunAndSpring has issued a correction as of 06:34 on May 12, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

a bunch of dickheads lecturing me about how my attitude is bad and somehow every hiring manager can somehow sense that
Anyone who says this is a loving moron giving bad advice. There is only one place that writes about employment that is worth reading: Ask A Manager. I've seen them all and this is the only decent one. The comments and threads are actually decent for once on the internet.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

yeah but sending pig poop balls is good

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I'm just a complete wreck during the day lately and I'm having stress dreams like a motherfucker, spent five minutes after I woke up this morning making sure my teeth were all still there.

Mother's Day weekend is not a fun time for me. :smith:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

Still jobless. Still feel like nothing good will ever happen. What really sucks is that I went to ask that resume thread in Ask/Tell's business subforum for help and I vented about how poo poo stuff was and got a bunch of dickheads lecturing me about how my attitude is bad and somehow every hiring manager can somehow sense that, and how I clearly need to just get even more training to get the job I went to college to get. Feels like the same dudes who post in the landlord thread post in there, just utterly loving sociopathic assholes who assume everything is clearly my fault for not bending down further to lick people's boots for something.

Like holy poo poo, one of those loving geeks PM'd me to whine at me further about my "nasty attitude" but I sent him the pig with poop on its balls in response, so at least that felt good

gently caress anyone who thinks hiring managers are some kind of special class of psychics who can sense resentment through the million layers of social obfuscation put up in interviews. people who spend their time desperately trying to individualize the failures of the job market are people who both shouldn't be listened to and deserve to have terrible things happen to them. like obviously there's a correlation between credentials and employment but the whole condescendingly lecturing people with college degrees about how they just need more certifications or whatever is just ignoring the absurdity of an economy and discourse that leaves the educated out in the cold.

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009
And if they are a special class of psychics, there's s great chance the image they'll see is the poop on balls pig. Win-win, really

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

SunAndSpring posted:

I used to be you and now I'm not only employed, but hiring management, so take heart in the knowledge that one day you too can love Big Brother.

(you dont have to apologize for your attitude on this ever, looking for work is loving demoralizing and you have every right to be broken up about it. in a way, you're dealing with a form of grief because you're mourning the life you thought you'd have at this stage in your existence)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

mourning is a good way to describe the hollow feeling of being in your late 20s without a single meaningful life milestone to your name. wild fantasies about dental insurance and a studio apartment are my version of staring wistfully at a family photo, I guess

made a post on reddit about how much unemployment sucks and got some nasty private messages about how I shouldn’t expect a living wage with a masters in “underwater basket weaving”. I hate lumpenproles

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Frog Act posted:

made a post on reddit

*plumber voice* oh, well, here’s your problem

don’t let reddit morons get you down, the only good posters are on SA :hai:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
https://youtu.be/VVwBC76NwNU

Sanguinary Novel
Jan 27, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

*plumber voice* oh, well, here’s your problem

don’t let reddit morons get you down, the only good posters are on SA :hai:

And mostly in CSPAM

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

dear diary,

dear mom,
pls stay out of my life lol

lmao

love,
j.a.

yours,
j. a.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Plinkey covered the cost for me to go to a perfectionism class next month. But I had to take my car into the shop today after a blowout and I don't know the damage. I put the odds of me not being able to go after all at five percent. I'm trying not to think about it too much, I won't know anything until tomorrow.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
2 months ago I was staring at two finals for school and was way too sad/depressed/anxious to even attempt them. I just closed my laptop and laid down without turning anything in or emailing the professors

today I had two more finals due. I got them both turned in with a ton of spare time and got 298/300 on one already and expect to do pretty well on the other. thank you to whatever deity for therapy and zoloft, what a loving turn around

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I just don't really know what to do when the money runs out. I'm going to try to take out whatever's left in my 401k this week but who knows what will happen if I don't get a job. My life was miserable living with my folks, I can't imagine it'd be better moving back in with them after I've proven I'm a total waste of time. I think a lot about dying but that would just hurt people I care about, so I'm just lost.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
it may sound insulting but i dont want it to, but have you tried just day labor jobs? like gardening or flagging for construction? its not great work but it keeps you busy and you make some money. did you do college recently? they might have job postings for office work or something on their wall, my community college still does it oldschool that way

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Frog Act posted:

gently caress anyone who thinks hiring managers are some kind of special class of psychics who can sense resentment through the million layers of social obfuscation put up in interviews. people who spend their time desperately trying to individualize the failures of the job market are people who both shouldn't be listened to and deserve to have terrible things happen to them. like obviously there's a correlation between credentials and employment but the whole condescendingly lecturing people with college degrees about how they just need more certifications or whatever is just ignoring the absurdity of an economy and discourse that leaves the educated out in the cold.

i had an interview for a psychic position and ofc the hiring manager was psychic and i didnt get the job because i kept psychic imaging pig poop balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
sidenote: asking people for a job and describing the psychic / mystic abilities you believe yourself to have isn't a productive combination. take it from me