Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

"right after Eurovision" is like beyond parody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
you see they participate in eurovision because they are a european colony

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I get that Oren is a dumb hack but how exactly are they going to "evict" Hamas?

As we've heard over and over, Israel has the most elite badass technically advanced super cool lethal awesome army ever. What exactly are they waiting for?

iirc Lieberman was getting mad at Bibi for not being "tough" enough on Gaza but didn't really have anything to propose. Nukes? Sarin gas?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Broke: Yom Kippur War
Woke: Eurovision War

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Smirking_Serpent posted:

What exactly are they waiting for?

Despite being an existential threat to Israel, dealing with Hamas will have to wait until after the TV pop music contest.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

i say swears online posted:

I wonder if there would be any sort of government intervention if a big US studio made a game where you're in hamas during the third intifada

C&C Generals reboot lookin' good

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

StashAugustine posted:

Broke: Yom Kippur War
Woke: Eurovision War

history repeats as farce, somehow always true

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/steketeh/status/1125653589165318144

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

after all the damage done to antiquities study in the near east by ISIS and the American invasion of Iraq these last two decades, to deliberately bomb museums and libraries in the region is

aaaaaah

aaaaaahhhhhhhh

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Can't have historically-based critiques of loosely-theocratic genocide if there's no historical records.
:d2a:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

1994 Toyota Celica posted:

after all the damage done to antiquities study in the near east by ISIS and the American invasion of Iraq these last two decades, to deliberately bomb museums and libraries in the region is

aaaaaah

aaaaaahhhhhhhh

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Tubgoat posted:

Can't have historically-based critiques of loosely-theocratic genocide if there's no historical records.
:d2a:

Yeah they're going full Rhodesia

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
*Coming home after a hard day's work at the hamas factory to find all my stuff is in the street and my key doesn't work*

Bear Retrieval Unit has issued a correction as of 14:08 on May 7, 2019

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

iron dome 2 will be an actual iron dome over gaza

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah they're going full Rhodesia

We can only hope.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the genocide rallies are popping up near Times Square today

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DrisssMalek/status/1125527231500095488

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Hmm, I must say, I'm none too fond of this Israel place, chaps.

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Did anyone post this yet?

https://www.apnews.com/da582f11ad4443ddbf44ea6f2fc72c3a

quote:

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel’s Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a legal challenge to the military’s rules on when soldiers can fire their weapons amid weeks of violent protests that have killed dozens of Palestinians on the border with Gaza.

Six human rights groups had asked the court to declare as unlawful any regulations that allow soldiers to open fire at unarmed civilians.

But in its unanimous ruling, the court sided with the Israeli military, which argued that the protests were taking place in the context of a long-running armed conflict with the Islamic militant group Hamas which rules Gaza and that weapons-use regulations are subject to the rules of armed conflict.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

no, thanks

I hate it

dti

e: not new though :(

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 23:04 on May 7, 2019

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tom Guycot posted:

Hmm, I must say, I'm none too fond of this Israel place, chaps.

Just for murdering kids? Troubling. Do you think you just might be :siren: ANTISEMITIC :siren: or something?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

had dinner with wifes family from israel tonight. they said that people act like israel is a big problem but its only the size of rhode island so things are out of proportion.

i dunno if this is a common saying but im still blown away by it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

had dinner with wifes family from israel tonight. they said that people act like israel is a big problem but its only the size of rhode island so things are out of proportion.

did you remind them that six million really isn't that many people. considering the world's population?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

MOST MORAL ARMY IN THE WORLD

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i kinda just drank faster and stared middle distance

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I guess if Rhode Island was doing an apartheid on Connecticanians I'd be ok with it.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
pfff RI would be CT's gaza strip

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

more like "is"

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

I’ve heard this poo poo for years. whataboutism is the #1 hasbara tactic. why do people care about Palestine when China/Syria/Russia/etc is doing 10x as bad!!

of course, they never acknowledge that it goes both ways. you want Israel to stop getting bad press? fine. but if it’s just an insignificant little blob the size of Rhode Island, it doesn’t get state visits from the President, doesn’t get billions in military aid, doesn’t get everyone talking about how it’s a StartUpNation, doesn’t get Maxim photoshoots with the Hottest IDF girls, etc.

basically, they want all the perks and prestige of sitting at the cool kids table (Eurovision!) but they also want to fall back on “we’re in a tough neighborhood, okay?” whenever it’s convenient

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

did you remind them that six million really isn't that many people. considering the world's population?

:chanpop:

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
just nonstop cringe
https://twitter.com/jvplive/status/1126847502701998081?s=21
https://twitter.com/jvplive/status/1126849526877364224?s=21

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

the whole "startup nation" schtick really is the most modern way to paper over an ongoing genocide. like, in the early 20th century, pogroms and the holocaust were built on a foundation of Liberal positivism and belief in society's capacity to "rationalize" itself according to a broader ideological scheme, which is why things like eugenics and Nazism were so often framed in scientific language despite being completely insane. the ease with which Israeli propaganda hops back and forth from "nimble entrepreneurial capitalism! small but proud! start up nation!" to "we must destroy the vermin in Gaza" and how easily those things are reconciled into one big poo poo pile is so gross. there doesn't seem to be as big of an ideological interplay between the two contemporary currents I'm comparing to earlier incarnations of fascism but it still gives me whiplash.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it just shows that liberal capitalism can easily coexist with genocidal fascism with no real contradictions, a real vision for the future

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Israel tourism board go on cumtown

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/michael-oren-hangs-up-on-a-call-about-israel

lol what a baby

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lol israeli supreme court ruling that the state is in a constant state of war with palestinian civilians, cool, cool, cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you'd think an occupation pr dude would have been prepared not to step into the obvious trap he fell into there about who has a right to land but i suppose hes far gone enough to be that blind

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How does he keep getting people to hamg themselves lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

you'd think an occupation pr dude would have been prepared not to step into the obvious trap he fell into there about who has a right to land but i suppose hes far gone enough to be that blind

Exciting is the wrong word, but I'm definitely curious about how the American media, American politicians, and the Jewish diaspora is going to react when they finally take the mask off.

Obviously liberal publications like The New Yorker are generally "critical" of the occupation to varying degrees. Generally, there's a lot of equivocation, "Israel does have legitimate security concerns", etc.

But when Bibi finally announces, "hey there's no two-state anything, we're taking all of it, and Arabs are now disenfranchised" I wonder what the reaction will be. Obviously Trump, every Republican, and most Dem leadership will be cool with it. But I wonder about the rest of the country and the Democratic base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lol

Even if I were an 19th century anti-semitic anti-zionist, i couldn't think of a better line to delegitimize Israel than "sure, we are violent occupiers; but have you seen our great prices"

gently caress Israel