Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LabyaMynora posted:

how can you boil the past four seasons down to 3 events?

night king dies
dany goes mad
cersei dies

e: oh 4 seasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
it would be pretty boring if Arya killed both of the end bosses

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
They're talking about three particular twists: burning Shireen, "Hold the Door", and a third one that has yet to happen. Probably Mad Queen Dany, I assume.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

YaketySass posted:

They're talking about three particular twists: burning Shireen, "Hold the Door", and a third one that has yet to happen. Probably Mad Queen Dany, I assume.

Interesting. That means all kinds of poo poo is up in the air. Stannis's death. Battle of the Bastards; is the death of Rickon even for sure? Is the Wall coming down a thing? Will the Night King resurrect Viseryon? Will there even be a Night King in the books? Or just a bunch of Others? Do all of the Others die when one lead Other is killed? Does Arya even kill him?

What exactly have I been watching for the past 4 years?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LabyaMynora posted:

Interesting. That means all kinds of poo poo is up in the air. Stannis's death. Battle of the Bastards; is the death of Rickon even for sure? Is the Wall coming down a thing? Will the Night King resurrect Viseryon? Will there even be a Night King in the books? Or just a bunch of Others? Do all of the Others die when one lead Other is killed? Does Arya even kill him?

What exactly have I been watching for the past 4 years?

Prestige Television

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
serious talk, the dragonglass does nothing against the living dead in the books. but this bullshit is the only end we are going to get

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Just watch the Chernobyl mini-series instead of this steaming garbage.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

serious talk, the dragonglass does nothing against the living dead in the books. but this bullshit is the only end we are going to get

Yeah, I was thinking that during the entire episode. Dragonglass actually sucks against the regular dead because it doesn't do anything extra to them, and it's actually really brittle and prone to breaking.

etalian posted:

It's on the DVR, but my wife doesn't want me to start watching it without her. I'm looking forward to it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

etalian posted:

I'll watch both and Barry on top of it!!!!!!!!!!

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

LabyaMynora posted:

The first four seasons are genuinely great, and the decline in quality in seasons 5-7 are offset by occasionally awesome things like Hardhome and the resurrection of Viseryon. At this point, after watching for 8 years, it doesn't make sense to bail with only two more episodes left. Even if I end up hating them.

I never thought hate watching the final season would be as enjoyable as it's been :stoked:

etalian posted:

Chernobyl is :krad::coolfish:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
30 mins into ep 1 of Chernobyl right this very second and IT'S GOOD

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Does Cersei even know who Arya is?

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

they have met but i think only in season 1

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

datajugend posted:

they have met but i think only in season 1

Yeah that's what I remembered as well, so if Arya kills her she's not even really going to know who did it unless Arya says something like "the Starks send their regards" and just ugh

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Rome chat: I totally forgot that Pullo is in Thor basically playing Asgardian Pullo :allears:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
another question about this episode: How did Cersei know Missandei was important?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Bobby Digital posted:

Rome chat: I totally forgot that Pullo is in Thor basically playing Asgardian Pullo :allears:

Volstagg rules

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thor basically becomes Volstagg in Endgame.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

It's on the DVR, but my wife doesn't want me to start watching it without her. I'm looking forward to it.

It has bros from The Terror, Jared Harris and Adam Nagaitis

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

another question about this episode: How did Cersei know Missandei was important?

she read the spoiler threads on reddit

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I think she was at the meeting where they showed Cersei the zombie?

Not going to check.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I think she was at the meeting where they showed Cersei the zombie?

Not going to check.

that makes sense. now, how did mute slaves learn how to hit a moving target with ballista anti-aircraft guns? where they shooting skeet?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm not sure I even knew that missandei was important, so chalk one up for cersei

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

I'm not sure I even knew that missandei was important, so chalk one up for cersei

it was pointed out to me that now Dany has to find someone else to do her hair, so understandably she is pissed.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

poverty goat posted:

a freed slave that they saw once. Better take her prisoner. Also they somehow took her prisoner instead of killing her when they destroyed her ship.
this show is dumb as hell

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And then CGI her into the scene because they couldn't bother to put missandei's actress on the set.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

They even mock here as the "so called breaker of chains" when they put misandry in irons.

Seems like the know more than they should?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

And then CGI her into the scene because they couldn't bother to put missandei's actress on the set.

That was to hide the spoiler.

So instead of 70 Italian extras seeing Misandry on set they had 7,000 Korean animators digitally insert her into the scene.

And then the spanish translators spoiled it anyways, just like they do every year.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That seems like a stupid and incredibly wasteful amount of effort to go into hiding a spoiler.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Arcsquad12 posted:

That seems like a stupid

That's D&D

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what was the spoiler? that a minor character was captured? So what? Who cares? Grey worm is the only person who cares about her and he was going to fight cersei to the death anyway.
I hate that I care what happens in this stupid show

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what was the spoiler? that a minor character was captured? So what? Who cares? Grey worm is the only person who cares about her and he was going to fight cersei to the death anyway.
I hate that I care what happens in this stupid show

Remember in season 3 when you kinda gave a poo poo and that kept you watching?

LOL.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Arcsquad12 posted:

That seems like a stupid and incredibly wasteful amount of effort to go into hiding a spoiler.

When you think about how rushed and cheap this season feels, just remember poo poo like that, and the fact that they shot a handful of fake alternate scenes to hide spoilers.

They wasted production time and budget on scenes that are not part of the show. On purpose.

And, as pointed out, poo poo is getting spoiled anyway.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Remember in season 3 when you kinda gave a poo poo and that kept you watching?

LOL.

can't wait to see what stupid asinine thing happens next.
gently caress!

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Does the average viewer even know where to look for those spoilers? Would they think to look for them? Seems like a lot of money/effort to try and keep some Reddit nerds in the dark

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Skypie posted:

Does the average viewer even know where to look for those spoilers? Would they think to look for them? Seems like a lot of money/effort to try and keep some Reddit nerds in the dark

the average viewer doesn't even know who missandei is

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

the game of thrones show where spies and ears are everywhere and one of danys closest people used to spy on her "how did they know who danys closest friend and advisor was?? HOW??"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Poor Emilia Clarke is going to get this kind of treatment everywhere she goes for the next decade

https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/status/1127027504974303232

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Anyone who cares enough to go looking for spoilers is going to watch the show anyway, so who cares?

When I watched the last season of Lost I was disappointed that they didn't really explain a drat thing about that stupid island. But if before watching the final season I read a spoiler that revealed they were all dead and the final season was taking place in the afterlife I don't think that would have discouraged me from watching it.

Reading an outline or plot summery is not the same as seeing the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

Anyone who cares enough to go looking for spoilers is going to watch the show anyway, so who cares?

When I watched the last season of Lost I was disappointed that they didn't really explain a drat thing about that stupid island. But if before watching the final season I read a spoiler that revealed they were all dead and the final season was taking place in the afterlife I don't think that would have discouraged me from watching it.

Reading an outline or plot summery is not the same as seeing the story.

here here! Knowing the story and seeing it are two different things