Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Yeah the first is included, no detail about the 2nd

from the bethesda site:

quote:

Included in the RAGE 2 Deluxe Edition:

Rise of the Ghosts – An exciting campaign expansion to RAGE 2! Stay tuned for more details at a later date.
DOOM BFG – Get your hands on DOOM’s big, friendly superweapon and eviscerate everything in your way in a flash of energy – Marine-tested, Ranger-approved!
Wasteland Wizard Cheat Codes – You’ve been granted mighty new powers by the reclusive wasteland wizard! Utilize this collection of exclusive “cheat codes” to rule the wasteland.
Progress Booster – Kick into Overdrive! Get more bang for your bang with this wasteland Progress Booster.
Battle Standard – Strike fear into the hearts of your enemies as you race into combat with this imposing banner streaming from your vehicle.

Pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition will get you these additional special bonuses:

Cult of the Death God Mission – A wild ride sends Walker after a cult of crazed mutants who seemingly worship the image of Nicholas Raine - the hero of the original RAGE. Survive the sewers and fight through hordes of mutants, including the massive and monstrous Abadon Warlock.
Nicholas Raine Armor and Settler Pistol – Slip into Raine’s legendary Arkist armor and relive the classics with his powerful Settler Pistol.
Mutant Monster Truck Skin – Run over enemies in style with this exclusive vehicle skin. The truck is self-cleaning, so don’t worry about those pesky blood stains messing up the pearl coating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
One huge issue I'm noticing in all the gameplay videos including the most recent one....you can BARELY hear the sound effect that plays when the player pumps the shotgun. Why have a shotgun if it doesn't have a satisfying KER-CHAK after each shot??? I expected better from id, the Shotgun Lords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do1g4KbaBzI&t=1322s Like watch this part. What the gently caress is that! The fire sound is fantastic, sounds like God slamming his car door, but where's the PUMP. GIVE ME THE loving PUMP.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I mean, it's not what I'd call a huge issue, but i can see what you mean. The "ker-chak" is perfectly audible after the reload tho, so you might be able to mod it if you really care?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Do we know roughly when reviews will drop? It looks good enough that I almost want to get it but have enough reservations about the game to hold off for now.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Do we know roughly when reviews will drop? It looks good enough that I almost want to get it but have enough reservations about the game to hold off for now.

Embargo lifts tomorrow/day after

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its interesting I've yet to see any legit walkthroughs from console copies yet, but it isn't the 14th and bethesda has a tighter grip on youtube than say Days Gone.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Some internet guy's opinions about Rage 2. Goofy story with DOOM 2016 visuals and action, Just Cause/Mad Max style mission progression where there's a map and a bunch of poo poo in it where you decide how to progress in any of your objectives to Project DAGGER. No idea if this like modern Far Cry and you get shoved into a story mission after enough progress for a handler occurs. Guns are a little all over the place, so are vehicles (no surprise coming from Avalanche). You become an angel of death with more weapons and upgrades you purchase. Game is possibly graphically demanding, but that could be Apex Engine being Apex Engine.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
This looks fun and I’m excited for it! Ready to chow down on some mutant killing, y’all

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Fair warning, Green Man Gaming doesn't seem to have sent out their keys yet. I think the last major release I preordered with them (Division 2?) they sent out their keys the night before, so if you want to preload, check in the morning.

Oh, and they are not giving out Steam keys; Bethesda is using their own launcher for this game.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, even the steam version need you log into Bethnet. gently caress. I'm gonna wait to see what other drm surprises they shoved in.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is this game gonna run smoother on a PS4Pro or a 4 year old gaming PC that was beast mode at the time?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, even the steam version need you log into Bethnet. gently caress. I'm gonna wait to see what other drm surprises they shoved in.

I’m trying to find out if RAGE 2 has Denuvo for DRM.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this game gonna run smoother on a PS4Pro or a 4 year old gaming PC that was beast mode at the time?

What GPU are we talking about?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

I said come in! posted:

What GPU are we talking about?

I have a 980M, it's starting to show it's age :(

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Crabtree posted:

WELP. That cuts my desire to get it by about 60-70%. Definitely glad I didn't preorder.

gently caress Bethesda.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crabtree posted:

This is bad enough for something like Rage 2 but I can't wait to see how badly it explodes in a couple years for Elder Scrolls 6.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Ah, texture pop-in. Wouldn't be Rage without it now would it?

Hardly surprising about the Bethesda launcher; figured they were going to go this route after their blockbuster debut failed to win people over. Think I have an account from back when they brought Fallout Shelter over to PC. Guess I'll have to hunt down the credentials again.

Still going to wait for first impressions to come in after this releases before pulling the trigger.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Former Human posted:

This is bad enough for something like Rage 2 but I can't wait to see how badly it explodes in a couple years for Elder Scrolls 6.

No need to wait a couple years, Doom Eternal's being published by Bethesda, too and that's this year sometime.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Someone's brave enough to show gameplay from the start. Watch while you can.

Also people going around trying to explain that you may or may not need an account for anything but online stuff - but half the extra content fo RAGE 2 like daily challenges is online stuff possibly so potential RIP.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 13, 2019

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The embargo ends in 6 minutes.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Beth launcher is depressing to hear about, but makes it an easy “wait and see” decision, or just buy on PS4.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Well they really went all in on the 80's action/comedy hero didn't they. Going to have to watch a stream of this or something when I can tomorrow to see how things play out.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

I just got my key from gmg. I had to restart the Bethesda Launcher to get it to recognize I owned the game.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Turk posted:

I just got my key from gmg.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Word on the street is that the main campaign is around 8-10 hours and cries of it being dull and repetitive are being thrown around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1127906672465154048

https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/rage-2

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/rage-2

So far it seems like the main complaints are it's mediocre with a lot of repetitive content that is boring.

e: there are mtx for car and gun skins

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 13, 2019

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Well that's a shame. Would've been nice if this was a surprise hit after all.

The short story is a bummer but wouldn't be so bad if they had other things to do and interesting places to poke around in. I'll still have to watch and see...

But from the initial impressions so far I'd have trouble justifying $80 for this. Especially if they have loving microtransactions.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVdjRj94o_Y

AGC gave it a Buy for PC, despite the problems he ran into it (mostly pop-up issues, not really surprising for a game this big). Story was kinda dull but raw combat and poo poo to do makes up for it.

He also said console versions were very flawed though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm interested in Rage 2 but not so interested I can't wait for a sale a few months after launch.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

Got my GMG code in my email. Can't wait for this to finish downloading in 2 weeks. gently caress yeah rural internet downloading at 1.5 mbps. Delayed gratification y'all.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
The reviews conform to my expectations: excellent combat, generic open-world. Which might be enough for me. Though I will be honest: Far Cry games are like junk food to me and I haven't played one since FC4 so I've got a hankering for some rote collectathoning.

Judge Tesla posted:

Word on the street is that the main campaign is around 8-10 hours and cries of it being dull and repetitive are being thrown around.
That's fairly short, but also not much shorter than a lot of open-world games if you just mainline through the story. Barring stuff like Witcher and RDR2, natch.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
In what ways are the Console versions lacking? I’ve been enjoying playing shooters on my PS4 recently and that way I could just get it from Redbox.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

In what ways are the Console versions lacking? I’ve been enjoying playing shooters on my PS4 recently and that way I could just get it from Redbox.

More pop-up then in PC versions, PS4 Pro can't hit 60 FPS at 1080p while default PS4 caps at 900p with even worse framerate, stuff like that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
About the boring/mediocre comments... not that I am defending a game that hasn’t come out yet or that I have any steak in it whatsoever, but could this be one of those games where you have to kind of make your own fun? Like, every trailer we’ve seen shows the player going apeshit on moves and abilities while fighting a relatively dumb bunch of enemies.

I would think games journalists would be exactly the kind of people who would rush through the entire thing as quick and dull as possible using nothing but the starter assault rifle and no abilities, then cry about the game being boring.

I mean I could be wrong and the game could consist entirely of the same 3 architectural structures copy/pasted through the whole thing, but we haven't exactly seen that from gameplay videos.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 13, 2019

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

but could this be one of those games where you have to kind of make your own fun?

Ok this one doesn't have a chance of competing with "it's fun if you play with friends" and "it's fun if you're intoxicated."

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

I'm seeing basically the exact same reviews and scores as that Mad Max game got, which I ended up really really enjoying which is kind of reassuring. Although I did get that game for like $20.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I think at this point you're either fatigued by open world shooters or you're not

Like if one is boring, they're all boring to a degree. I loved mad Max and if this is a solid 80% I'm there for it

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 13, 2019

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Seems to be the story is kind of bland but the shooting is top-notch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bo2imj/rage_2_review_thread/

GamesBeat - Mike Minotti posted:

I’m not digging Rage 2’s story or setting. But I still have a ways to go before completing it. Maybe the plot will win me over. Maybe the world will do something surprising and evoke something besides Mad Max. But even if it doesn’t, I still like Rage 2. Artistically, it’s uninspired. But mechanically, it’s one of the best shooters I’ve played in years. Fun wins out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

yeah I think if I want a top notch shooter without a boring open world I'll just wait for Doom Eternal, which is probably what most people will prefer since it'll be more tightly constructed and won't have deadweight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Fallom posted:

Ok this one doesn't have a chance of competing with "it's fun if you play with friends" and "it's fun if you're intoxicated."

Ok yeah I know how that sounds but I'm not being disingenuous or trying to defend a game I don't own and haven't played. I'm just saying that games journalists are poo poo and usually can't be trusted because unless they're spoonfed every morsel of interesting gameplay, you just know they're not going to find it themselves.

I'm saying that if it's *possible* to trapeze-artist your way across a battlefield while flinging grenades, using abilities left and right, and using every weapon in your entire arsenal, but it's *also* possible to just walk in a straight line and only use the assault rifle while ducking behind cover you find... guess which one most game journalists are going to do every single time.