Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

SeANMcBAY posted:

Is there some weird rights issue? The NES version is better than the arcade one.

They've literally never addressed it and it's led to theories like there being some bad blood between a higher-up at Konami and someone who worked on the NES version. If they didn't announce it up front I'd honestly sooner expect one of the Game Boy ports to fill out the 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Please refrain from being racist to the Viera itt, friend

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

PantsBandit posted:

Just finished up Shakedown Hawaii. Game clock puts me at 8 hours to finish the main story and buy up all the property on the island.

Had a lot of fun with it! It's not the deepest game ever, and the story is like...barely there at all. But the world is really charming and pleasant to explore, all the gameplay aspects are tight and never frustrating, and the humor hits pretty consistently. I'm sure I'll open it back up from time to time just to run around and wreak some havoc.

I also finished this game today and would mostly agree, after 3 long sessions of play

The music was neat but got old after a while, I could never seem to get the cops onto me no matter how hard I tried to cause chaos, and each character having their own separate money pools was irritating for buying upgrades and guns, which sometimes vanished on me for no reason

I liked it but I’m not sure I ever need to play it again

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Len posted:

Mine get interference from something in the apartment but seeing as the list of possibilities includes wifi enabled devices, phones, and tablets it could be an insane number of things.

Also aquariums

If you sync your JoyCons to the aquarium you can use the Konami code to give your fish extra lives.

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
I'm finally getting a Switch next week, here's the list of games I'm getting

Zelda
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Celeste
Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
SSB (I got the bundle)

Am I missing any must-play Switch exclusives from that list?

Also I already bought the special edition SSB pro controller (because I thought it would match the rest of the console well) but the white "grips" are so ugly that I'm considering returning it god drat

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Katamari Damacy REROLL is exclusive to Switch and PC if you're up for that

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

sunaurus posted:

Mario x Rabbids

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Just bought super blood hockey. Not sure if it’s actually good but I’ll support any hockey game on the switch.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

sunaurus posted:

Zelda
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Celeste
Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
SSB (I got the bundle)

Into The Breach and Bayonetta (2) round out that list real nice.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

sunaurus posted:

Zelda
Mario Odyssey
Mario Kart
Celeste
Dead Cells
Hollow Knight
SSB (I got the bundle)

Also I already bought the special edition SSB pro controller (because I thought it would match the rest of the console well) but the white "grips" are so ugly that I'm considering returning it god drat

If you’ve only played it on the PC before, seriously consider Diablo 3. Hell, Skyrim and Doom as well.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Cartoon Man posted:

If you’ve only played it on the PC before, seriously consider Diablo 3. Hell, Skyrim and Doom as well.

:yeah: that’s an incredible combo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dragons dogma

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Having spent the last few weeks playing Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, I can add my own high recommendations to the previous praise it got in this thread.

Just a very well made and enjoyable platformer, even if I still can't beat this fat twat of a walrus final boss. Incredible music throughout too

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Torn between getting Valkyria Chronicles or Dragons Dogma. Gut feeling is that DD has more replayabilty.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Torn between getting Valkyria Chronicles or Dragons Dogma. Gut feeling is that DD has more replayabilty.
Get both

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m saving DD for a rainy day when I’m bored. Though it’s tempting to jump right in now, but I wanna finish some other games first.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

sunaurus posted:

I'd say Splatoon 2. If you're not familiar with the game find out a way to try it out for free first, but I find it to be incredibly fun and one of the coolest shooters ever. The Campaign and DLC (particularly the latter) are really good platformers too. Only caveat is you'll need online for it, I figured you'd be getting it because of Smash but still without online I would not get Splatoon 2.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

bowmore posted:

Get both

Mate...Yes.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'd say Splatoon 2. If you're not familiar with the game find out a way to try it out for free first, but I find it to be incredibly fun and one of the coolest shooters ever. The Campaign and DLC (particularly the latter) are really good platformers too. Only caveat is you'll need online for it, I figured you'd be getting it because of Smash but still without online I would not get Splatoon 2.

Save buying the DLC for after the story mode, if you enjoy it. It starts off at end-game difficulty and only gets harder :unsmigghh:.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Save buying the DLC for after the story mode, if you enjoy it. It starts off at end-game difficulty and only gets harder :unsmigghh:.

Also try to avoid spoilers for the DLC as well because the last part of the story goes Metal Gear Solid levels of batshit insane and it’s best experienced blind

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Fawf posted:

They've literally never addressed it and it's led to theories like there being some bad blood between a higher-up at Konami and someone who worked on the NES version. If they didn't announce it up front I'd honestly sooner expect one of the Game Boy ports to fill out the 8.

My theory is that they're avoiding the nes edition because they want the contra collection to be released as many consoles as possible (like how it's also on ps4 and Xbox) . So it's safer to get the arcade edition in the collection.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Happy Mother Day everyone

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Argue posted:

Thanks, you too.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Argue posted:

Poor hinawa

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Ineffiable posted:

My theory is that they're avoiding the nes edition because they want the contra collection to be released as many consoles as possible (like how it's also on ps4 and Xbox) . So it's safer to get the arcade edition in the collection.

It still has the NES version of the second game though.. I figured it was a creative decision because on the whole I prefer the arcade version of 1 and the NES version of 2. I didn't realize when it was originally announced that more games were to be announced, though. It would be nice to see some form of Gryzor or Probotector represented.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

less laughter posted:

Thanks, you too.

I can't help but think this one's gonna go "Aww, thank yo-PSYCHE!" *EYEBEEAAAAAM*

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
happy mother's day shigeru miyamoto

Wait I just realized Miyamoto got his child's father a position as President of Nintendo America, that's pretty hosed up.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

How the gently caress is Skyrim still $60 on this platform. Nintendo you’re killing me, here.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VanillaGorilla posted:

How the gently caress is Skyrim still $60 on this platform. Nintendo you’re killing me, here.

Does Nintendo set the price for third party games

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The Bloop posted:

Does Nintendo set the price for third party games

I dunno, I just know that Nintendo is far less aggressive with sales on its digital storefront than any of the other systems and everything seems to sell at a premium on Nintendo platforms.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
A side effect of playing too much Donkey Kong is after finishing a level or looking away from the screen the whole world starts melting sideways like I'm tripping

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

VanillaGorilla posted:

I dunno, I just know that Nintendo is far less aggressive with sales on its digital storefront than any of the other systems and everything seems to sell at a premium on Nintendo platforms.

Skyrim for Switch has been on sale more than once.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

VanillaGorilla posted:

There are literally 10+ games I'd buy for the price they are right now on Steam ($10-20) that are all $40-60 on Steam.

So I've bought, and will buy, zero of them.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

mp5 posted:

I could never seem to get the cops onto me no matter how hard I tried to cause chaos,

This has been my one issue with the game, even tried testing it. It seems like the warrant system clears it self once you kill all nearby cops and sometimes just clears whenever, but it only ever gets up to level 2 of 7. I'm pretty sure it's a bug. I tweeted the dev about the issue in response to their post about an incoming update and they liked it, so I'm hoping they look into it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Takoluka posted:

Skyrim for Switch has been on sale more than once.

It may have gone done to 40, maybe, but it never actually gets cheap.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

To be fair people are showing they're more than willing to spend full price for 5+ year old games just because it's on the Switch so why make it cheap?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

mp5 posted:

I also finished this game today and would mostly agree, after 3 long sessions of play

The music was neat but got old after a while, I could never seem to get the cops onto me no matter how hard I tried to cause chaos, and each character having their own separate money pools was irritating for buying upgrades and guns, which sometimes vanished on me for no reason

I liked it but I’m not sure I ever need to play it again

I noticed weapons disappearing too, I think in hindsight you probably have to buy a gun from the store for it to be permanent.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Len posted:

To be fair people are showing they're more than willing to spend full price for 5+ year old games just because it's on the Switch so why make it cheap?

because you could capture a great deal of revenue from people who do not think skyrim is a $60 game in TYOOL 19

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

At most Skyrim should be $20 normally, $10 on sale, and $5 at like Black Friday or Christmas.

But Nintendo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

At most Skyrim should be $20 normally, $10 on sale, and $5 at like Black Friday or Christmas.

But Nintendo...

79.99 and that's my final offer