Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Bobby Digital posted:

My Pandora experience:

*start a station with a random artist*

“OH YOU WANTED NINE INCH NAILS RIGHT???”

Within five or songs drat near every time, regardless of the starting artist.

I haven't used Pandora in years, but I remember setting up a jazz/big band station with exclusively old stuff from like the 40s and it would play fine for a while, but at some point a really lovely electronic song would work its way in. So I'd thumbs it down, but after a while another one would start playing. It was always bad electronic music, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

For some reason missing a bus makes me completely lose my poo poo in a way I normally don't. Both missing busses and the fact I'm so immature about it are pet peeves, I guess.

I've become at peace with the fact that sometimes I will miss a bus, but seeing one pull away just as I arrive and am waving like a maniac and I KNOW YOU SAW ME, FUCKER, DON'T YOU DRIVE AWAY FROM ME...

Yeah.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

artsy fartsy posted:

Nooo do the YouTube Premium thing for like $12. No more YouTube ads and the subscription includes YouTube Music, which is what the wonderful Google Music is becoming or merging with later this year I think (supposedly won't affect anyone's playlists or anything).

So tons of music, no stupid YouTube ads and you can watch Kobra Kai!

I've had a Google Play Music subscription for years, but Youtube Music is awful by comparison and I am not convinced that the most important GPM feature (the ability to upload your own music to join their streaming selection) is going to come with when they finally pull the plug.

Ad-free Youtube is nice, though.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Toddler steps can be so obnoxious. Walking behind them or guiding them down the stairs, you hit a natural rhythmic pattern only for them to like, stop and you stumble over them.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

docbeard posted:

Ad-free Youtube is nice, though.

It's also free if you just install ublock origin.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Bobby Digital posted:

My Pandora experience:

*start a station with a random artist*

“OH YOU WANTED NINE INCH NAILS RIGHT???”

Within five or songs drat near every time, regardless of the starting artist.

I had a Regina Spektor station that would always segue into the Everything is Awesome song from the LEGO movie

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Tiggum posted:

It's also free if you just install ublock origin.

Can you do that on mobile?

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !
Firefox mobile supports extensions.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Kafouille posted:

I mean, it did until their certificate debacle TWO DAYS AGO disabled all extensions.

Yeah. FF mobile still isn't fixed I'm not angry or anything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kafouille posted:

I'd rather have youtube ads rather than use youtube on a mobile browser

They only take like 5 seconds anyway

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Vanced exists and it's Good. I haven't seen a YouTube and for years.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Another bonus of paying for ad-free youtube is you get to watch Cobra Kai.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Queen Combat posted:

I mean, it did until their certificate debacle TWO DAYS AGO disabled all extensions.

You can set "xpinstall.signatures.required" to "false" in about :config, that should re-enable the extensions. Remember to change it back once Mozilla fixes it on mobile (it's fixed on desktop, thankfully).

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I think I have a pavlovian response to my alarm tone. I can be wide awake at 5:55 but when the alarm rings at 6 I'm immediately dead tired.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Killingyouguy! posted:

I think I have a pavlovian response to my alarm tone. I can be wide awake at 5:55 but when the alarm rings at 6 I'm immediately dead tired.

:same: but at 1:55 and 2 respectively.
Cooking for people who work at "regular" hours is a thankless job.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Referring to meals as "the feed".

ew ew ew do people do this?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

People in TV shows who can see ghosts (or some other entity invisible to others) and can't stop reacting to them in front of other people. How loving difficult is it to ignore the ghost when there are other people around? If you can't control yourself, go into another room or something. Stop acting like a crazy person!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
People who move their head too much when they talk. I know a guy whose head tilts practically with every syllable. It's almost as distracting as people who are too handsy when they talk.

The opposite extreme is bad too, you can't be robotic, but I feel like most public speaking classes are pushing the overly animated way of talking where it just seems like you're trying to give me motion sickness instead of keeping me engaged or whatever you think you're doing by acting like a talking bobblehead.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Tiggum posted:

People in TV shows who can see ghosts (or some other entity invisible to others) and can't stop reacting to them in front of other people. How loving difficult is it to ignore the ghost when there are other people around? If you can't control yourself, go into another room or something. Stop acting like a crazy person!

Discovery was doing this with Tilly shouting responses at her stupid imaginary highschool friend. It's like oh, you can't remember not to respond aloud to the one nobody else can see? That's convenient FOR THE PLOT

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Restaurants with "Everyday Specials". It's not a special, that's just the price. If you just called it a special and kept it on the menu forever I would applaud your deception and effective marketing, but you reveal your ruse right there in the first word in the name.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There’s a place I walk by almost every day and more than 50% of the time this annoying little poo poo dog zips out ACROSS THE STREET and starts yapping and nipping at my heels. It definitely belongs to people that live there because maybe 1/3 of the time they do the whole “aw jeez dog come back! Come back! I won’t make any effort except yell but come back!” This is not safe for your dog dipshits! I have never wanted to turn around and just kick the poo poo out of a dog more, but I remind myself “it is the people’s fault.”

DO NOT LET YOUR DOG RUN AROUND A CITY WITHOUT A LEASH

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:35 on May 12, 2019

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Someone's going to walk past with their small child, who is going to get nipped, and then the dog's going to get punted into traffic. This will not be the dog's fault, but that will be of little comfort.

Secure your dog, shitheads.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

artsy fartsy posted:

I haven't used Pandora in years
Neither, because they left my country, likely due to lack of profitability. The best part is all the cars with built in headunits manufactured around that time, with Pandora buttons that now do nothing :waycool:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Web series that are not ARGs being referred to as such.
If there is no way for viewers to affect the outcome of the story, it is not a game.

Edit: Clarification

The Mighty Moltres has a new favorite as of 13:31 on May 12, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s a place I walk by almost every day and more than 50% of the time this annoying little poo poo dog zips out ACROSS THE STREET and starts yapping and nipping at my heels. It definitely belongs to people that live there because maybe 1/3 of the time they do the whole “aw jeez dog come back! Come back! I won’t make any effort except yell but come back!” This is not safe for your dog dipshits! I have never wanted to turn around and just kick the poo poo out of a dog more, but I remind myself “it is the people’s fault.”

DO NOT LET YOUR DOG RUN AROUND A CITY WITHOUT A LEASH

My cousin has a great dane. The dog is the sweetest girl, she's always ready for some cuddlying or playing. But she's also really big, as great danes tend to be.

Once we were walking through some woods and we happened across a cub scout camp, and the dog saw the kids, thought "Friends!" and happlily bounded off to play with them.

The scout leaders were super angry, and rightfully so. We had to explain to my cousin that it doesn't matter if her dog is the sweetest girl in the world, when someone sees a dog that size come running towards them, they tend to get nervous.

Keep your dogs on a leash, please.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Probably should have had that talk with them before you all went on a walk.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I hate weird medical things that are completely harmless but still noticeable. I recently went to the dentist to get looked at because I thought I was having worse problems than I was. Turns out I'm actually taking decent care of them and only need one small filling which will be done tomorrow, but one of my teeth is still bugging me occasionally because it's behind the two teeth on either side of it slightly, like my braces never fixed it. It just throws off the entire row because the shape of the bottom row of teeth has a little nick in it instead of forming a neat arc. The tooth is healthy and not causing any problems, it's just personally annoying.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Someone resent me the video of those Minneso(oooahw)ta motherfuckers calling 911 on a whale and my pet peeve is now those kinds of people. I’d pay money to have a whale touch my dad(who is dead and never had a boat)’s loving boat. The goofy dad telling everyone to calm down and look at the goddam whale is absolutely correct and boats are not scary.

The same applies to land animals. Use like an ounce of common sense and don’t be a dickhead and chances are high that they won’t hurt you.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
My cousin has a humpback whale. The whale is the sweetest girl, she's always ready for some cuddlying or singing. But she's also really big, as whales tend to be.

Once we were swimming through some waves and we happened across a family boating trip, and the whale saw the boats, thought "Friends!" and happlily swam off to play with them.

The boat ladies were super angry, and rightfully so. We had to explain to my cousin that it doesn't matter if her whale is the sweetest girl in the world, when someone sees a whale that size come swimming towards them, they tend to get nervous.

Keep your whales in the briney deeps, please.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

"You know that, right?" as a line in anything.

"You have to give yourself up... you know that, right?"
"We can't run forever... you know that, right?"

Things like that. It's not natural.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Brawnfire posted:

This sounds like you're in Heavens Gate or something, is everything okay

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Brawnfire posted:

It's great when you want to sound like a condescending arsehole.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

This sounds like you're in Heavens Gate or something, is everything okay

What?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's great when you want to sound like a condescending arsehole.

Yeah, that's my main problem with it. Every time I see it used I'm like "yo, douche chills". But in films/shows it's almost always someone trying to talk someone around. If someone said that to me, I'd just spite them.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
"you DO know," is similar

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

'you have to give yourself up'? 'we can't run forever'? Its all very morbid

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

'you have to give yourself up'? 'we can't run forever'? Its all very morbid

Well, one is a line from "Twelve Monkeys" which is like, a movie.

The other is an example in that vein to elucidate.

I get the weirdest goddamn responses in this thread.

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

"you DO know," is similar

Ooof, yes, things like that. Just so presumptuous.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Check your local laws, but here it's completely legal to kill any dog not wearing a rabies vaccination tag.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It bugs me when people don't wear watches. There are a billion totally valid reasons to not wear one these days, but for some reason it really sticks out to me and I find myself subconsciously side-eyeing people. "No watch? What are they UP TO??""

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Check your local laws, but here it's completely legal to kill any dog not wearing a rabies vaccination tag.

Okay, this post came off as many times more aggressive than I meant it to, but a leash costs like a dollar and letting your pet run around without one isn't an accident that can happen on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

It bugs me when people don't wear watches. There are a billion totally valid reasons to not wear one these days, but for some reason it really sticks out to me and I find myself subconsciously side-eyeing people. "No watch? What are they UP TO??""

They feel constricting and I'm allergic to nickel