Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would have loved it if he just died on the spot by injecting the untested unrefined serum.

That's what I expected. He would get super powers for like a minute and then explode like Season 2 Barry came by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Given that Red Daughter seemed to be fading at one point without an infusion of Harunel, it's possible that the effects are temporary without periodic reinjections/applications.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Interesting article about David Harewood and mental health here.
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-05-07/david-harewood-psychotic-breakdown-bbc2-documentary/amp/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I really want to watch that special. I've been doing a lot of self reflection about who I was 20 years ago and more and more I keep finding out about so many people who've had breakdowns or put themselves under psyche hokds.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

1. That wig is a good look on red daughter
2. That was some extreme badassery by Kara.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
“How does what work?”
“Tacos.”

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Brainy-as-Lockwood is great

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Maxwell Lord posted:

Brainy-as-Lockwood is great

"How do you do fellow racists?"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Uh oh.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I don't like this Brainy :ohdear:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Okay that was weird

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I guess a new bullshit power is very much in keeping with Superman.

I have a hard time believing Lex killed Red Daughter off screen, but then again I was a little fuzzy why she peaced out of watching Alex cry over Kara.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

2. That was some extreme badassery by Kara.

"I've been dealing with it for 15 years" did they keep a chunk handy to give her allergy shots or something?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
That Russian opening was a nice touch. So what's that song that Kara had no rhythm clapping with in the beginning of the episode?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I like Brainy reverting to factory settings of evil Brainiac. You'd think that he might have run into this problem before, though. I mean torture's hosed up, but I imagine the LOSH gets up to a lot of adventures that may have lead to hosed up poo poo happening before.

I wonder if this is gonna lead up to him being next season's villain? I mean they've kinda sorta done a variant on Zod, they've done a Daxamite invasion, and now they've done both Luthor and Red Son Daughter. I can't think of many other classic Superman villains to use for next season.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

When the squid thing came out of that tube Lena had, I thought it was Jarro.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
glad to see the show keeps up the comic tradition of just giving superman/girl random powers whenever convenient.

"Here! You were just beaten literally to death but......This grass has sunlight in it!!"
*absorbs sunlight from plants*

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I wonder if this is gonna lead up to him being next season's villain? I mean they've kinda sorta done a variant on Zod, they've done a Daxamite invasion, and now they've done both Luthor and Red Son Daughter. I can't think of many other classic Superman villains to use for next season.
Doomsday?

They had a brainiac villain all the way back in season one with Indigo. My guess is Nia knocks some sense into him next week.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I'm guessing re-dosing Harunel is a thing now? Also, I LOL'ed pretty hard when Lena said that she poisoned her mom's food.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rectal Death Adept posted:

glad to see the show keeps up the comic tradition of just giving superman/girl random powers whenever convenient.

"Here! You were just beaten literally to death but......This grass has sunlight in it!!"

Not unprecedented in comics though. In The Dark Knight Returns, Superman tanks a nuke and nearly dies but then sucks the sunlight out of some plants to cheat death.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Not unprecedented in comics though. In The Dark Knight Returns, Superman tanks a nuke and nearly dies but then sucks the sunlight out of some plants to cheat death.

I'm a little disappointed that was so recent, it's so silly it feels like something out of the Silver Age.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yay Lex killed the evil Supergirl!

Hey I'm here!
Supergirl???

Did Lex just assume that Red Daughter was going to kill Kara? There seems to be a major flaw in this. Also Lockwood is still Hitler, but ending Otis was pretty great.

At least Kara didn't kill all the plants when she took their energy, though I choose to read it that she is so good and pure, they gave it willingly.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TwoPair posted:

I like Brainy reverting to factory settings of evil Brainiac. You'd think that he might have run into this problem before, though. I mean torture's hosed up, but I imagine the LOSH gets up to a lot of adventures that may have lead to hosed up poo poo happening before.

Amoral Brainy is a good default setting.

That was very cheesy and funny.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

twistedmentat posted:

Yay Lex killed the evil Supergirl!

I wouldn't cast out the Red Daughter just yet, I think the promo for the season finale showed her just for a second.
Unless that was actually Supergirl.

Or some kind of flashback of Red Daughter...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It would be strange to have the Red Daughter story end with her getting whacked off screen.

The CW is leaving money on the table if they don't do a Midvale prequel spinoff starring young Alex and Kara Nancy Drew'ing it across the town.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vietnamwees posted:

I wouldn't cast out the Red Daughter just yet, I think the promo for the season finale showed her just for a second.
Unless that was actually Supergirl.

Or some kind of flashback of Red Daughter...

Well, I meant that's the story Lex is presenting to the world. When regular Supergirl shows up, and presumely Red Daughter, what the hell does he expect people to think?

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
Well Red Daughter heard her heart stop. I assume she reported that to Lex. It's not like Red Daughter lies to him.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

To be fair they also pulled some weird poo poo with Red Daughter zapping Supergirl so hard that it turned dark out.

howe_sam posted:

Doomsday?

They had a brainiac villain all the way back in season one with Indigo. My guess is Nia knocks some sense into him next week.

Doomsday and Zod are on Krypton so they probably won't be showing up on the CW any time soon.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Krypton owns all the bones and I am looking very much forward to Season 2.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Doomsday and Zod are on Krypton so they probably won't be showing up on the CW any time soon.

Zod was already on Supergirl, very briefly, at the end of Season 2 as a hallucination when Clark and Kara fought.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

The actor playing Lockwood is also the voice actor of Deacon in the PS4 game "Days gone". Huh. Wouldn't have made that connection without IMDB.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mcbexx posted:

The actor playing Lockwood is also the voice actor of Deacon in the PS4 game "Days gone". Huh. Wouldn't have made that connection without IMDB.

Sam Witwer? Yeah, that's him, alright. He was also the Mr Hyde character in S5 of Once Upon A Time, which is basically Dr Jekyl.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He was great in a canceled way too soon show on Syfy called Incorporated.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

mcbexx posted:

He is also one of the authors of an illustrated history of Dungeons & Dragons I got for Christmas last year.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

mcbexx posted:

He's also the voice of Darth Maul and Palpatine in all the most recent Star Wars TV and videogame stuff. Dude's a versatile actor.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah he’s been hella good and that brief turn as Brainy was amazing.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

To be fair they also pulled some weird poo poo with Red Daughter zapping Supergirl so hard that it turned dark out.

Harunel Force, I ain't gotta explain poo poo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm still a bit gobsmacked by the amount of presence he was able to put into Agent Liberty back when he had the mask on all the time. It should have looked silly, but the whole episode ending in the rally was great just using voice and body language.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Witwer doing Brainy as Lockwood was a lot of fun. Also liked the change in acting for serious Brainiac 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I thought I had nodded off while watching it or something.