Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

It's pretty amazing how much goodwill the show has burnt in such a short time.

If they finish with an "it was all a dream" ending I think it might just take the title of biggest wet fart

HBO gave the go-ahead to D&D for them to have a full season of 10 episodes for Season 8. They refused it. Said they could wrap it up all nice and neat in 6, they said.

Lmao what loving cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Sarah posted:

Hey kids did I ever tell you the story of how I met your mother?

... she's also technically your great aunt!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I’m disappointed that they spent several seasons hyping the White Walkers as an existential threat and promoting Dany as the greatest savior for all the kingdoms, and then dealt with the former via Deus Ex Arya and the latter by kind of hinting that hey maybe she’s not so fit to rule after all.

It’s not that I object to either narrative’s conclusion, it’s just that they seem very rushed and kind of forced with the remaining time that they have. They could have introduced those arc resolutions a few seasons ago without compromising the overall narrative.

At the end of it all, this is basically Tits and Dragons: The Series so I’m not super emotionally invested in how it all ends. Historically, I’ve only been satisfied with how The Shield and Breaking Bad ended; most other serial dramas have usually disappointed either me or everyone else.

Also Jon giving up Ghost was an unforgivable crime and I hope he loving buys it for that alone.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm gonna add Outrageous Fortune to that list, because it has an excellent ending, but literally no one but me has ever seen it because it's a Kiwi show.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I just hope that Daenerys reputation gets thoroughly destroyed by the end, just so I stop seeing stupid "hehe I'm the real mother of dragons, look at my kids" posts. No, Stephanie, you're just a poor parent who can't control their children.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
https://i.imgur.com/urmoVqj.mp4

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Is that Encino Man? Holy poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Encino man? It’s leaked footage from the finale

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Bored As gently caress posted:

HBO gave the go-ahead to D&D for them to have a full season of 10 episodes for Season 8. They refused it. Said they could wrap it up all nice and neat in 6, they said.

Lmao what loving cunts

I've liked some scenes but the pacing was off last episode (like the entire season). They really needed 8-10 episodes or 1.5 hour shows because... yeah.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Bored As gently caress posted:

Lmao what loving cunts

lmao what absolute poo poo cunts

“nah mate, we got this, it’ll all work out fine”

looking forward to HBO giving D&D creative license and producer roles to all the GoT offshoots.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m telling you it’s like Battlestar Galactica

Built up all these cool concepts, ideas, and side stories, but don’t know how to write themselves out of it. This season has just been poo poo through and through I’ve been telling y’all. It just all feels rushed and them burnt out and going through the motions to finally finish this

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I completely sympathize with the GoT cast and crew tired of dedicating nearly 10 years of their life to one project.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
:stare:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
This bitch really just do all that

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Sarah posted:

This bitch really just do all that

Arya has 9 loving lives, goddamn

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Built up all these cool concepts, ideas, and side stories, but don’t know how to write themselves out of it. This season has just been poo poo through and through I’ve been telling y’all. It just all feels rushed and them burnt out and going through the motions to finally finish this

Holy poo poo, you're exactly right.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

So Dany’s Israel now huh

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
This episode was shot well, had a lot of cool scenes. Could've written it better for sure.

Lol @ Rhaegal getting ganked in a minute by 10 scorpions, and Drogon not getting hit a single time by about 200 ships or 100 scorpions on the walls. Very convenient.

Overall it was a decent episode. But Christ this was all rushed as gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What kills me is that BSG's ending would've been awesome if they hadn't written themselves into the corner about Starbuck. They didn't really have anywhere satisfying to go with that, and it's their own fault.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like to think that coming in behind the sun and staying too low for the firing arcs would have worked. But you didn't see any of the tower/wall mounted ones do any sort of rotation.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Dany did 9/11

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009
Overall, a much better episode, but I wish that they had done more long single shots on Cleganebowl to show them actually fighting. I will say that I wasn't expecting Qyburn to go out like that though. That was a very well done head smash.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
If every episode this season was like this one Id have no complaints. God drat they needed another season to flesh out this heel turn though.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

Dany did 9/11

Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
RIP Hound and lol Qyburn just going out like nothing.

Man there could be a whole season dealing with the aftermath of Dany breaking her to evil.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Goddamnit, another major battle where all we got were characters doing character bullshit, and plot, continuity, physics, and even basic numbers get thrown out the loving window.

At least we got Cleganebowl. Now we just need someone to edit out all the jump cuts to the overwrought Jaymie and Circie holding each other while the world collapses around them bullshit to clean it up.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Jaime and Cersei better not be alive next episode.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Godholio posted:

What kills me is that BSG's ending would've been awesome if they hadn't written themselves into the corner about Starbuck. They didn't really have anywhere satisfying to go with that, and it's their own fault.

BSG's quality was literally on a continually accelerating downward slope. The first actual episode ("33") is the best one, maybe the best mil sci-fi episode ever, and while the rest of the 1st season kicked rear end, the second season still had promise, and then just steadily diminishing returns.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

You know what was cool was all those little blips of green wild fire going off across the city as Dany lost her poo poo.

I guess cerise’s death prophecy was bs since it was supposed to be the “little brother” or whatever. They could have had Jaime mercy kill her just before something worse happened but whatever.

LOL what’s Bronn even going to do now? Like what possible motivation would he have to come to kings landing and try to collect on any kind of debt? Anyone with half a brain is going to get the gently caress to Essos and never look back.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Well, that certainly was an episode :stare:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

it was completely hilarious and I love the reactions

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

WOW NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT A MEGALOMANIAC WOULD DO THAT

Arya gonna shank dany

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I love how Euron was just so loving pleased with himself for “killing Jaime Lannister” lol he died like he lived smelling like a loving oyster probably

My dude just loved to swashbuckle :rip:

beanieson fucked around with this message at 05:29 on May 13, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Euron had style and flair and was just so gleeful about everything plus he killed the sand snakes, 10/10

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

beanieson posted:

You know what was cool was all those little blips of green wild fire going off across the city as Dany lost her poo poo.

Would have been cool if Cersei actually just said "gently caress it" and ordered the pyromancers to ignite all the wildfire caches around the city, destroying everyone inside.

That would have been awesome, but instead we get Dany doing 75 9/11s all over the city so there's absolute justification for killing her.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Ceiling fan posted:

Goddamnit, another major battle where all we got were characters doing character bullshit, and plot, continuity, physics, and even basic numbers get thrown out the loving window.

We see 3 people alive after the Battle of Winterfell, and woops lol somehow 4k Unsullied and even 2k Dothraki survived somehow lmao gently caress off D&D you hacks.

Oh and glossing over getting the rest of the Northern houses on board, the rest of the Riverlands houses on boad. Otherwise how would they have thousands?

Also lol @ the Golden Company parking themselves outside the walls of a loving city that they're trying to defend hahahaha

D&D give zero fucks about logic, character arcs, about all the plot threads never resolved, internal logic within the world, etc. Oh we need this number of guys to survive even though we never showed any surviving the battle? Who cares, they still have x number of guys, because gently caress you for paying attention and not just mindlessly watching the show.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I mean to be fair, Daenarys at least has been shown to be unstable as gently caress and this is completely in character for her.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

If Jon could have kept his mouth shut and hosed his aunt she probably wouldn’t have burninated the countryside

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its a euphemism for how bad season 8 has been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

beanieson posted:

Dany did 9/11