Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I'd say Victorious. She's a Universal Supervillain which is handy for Shadowlands, AXB and she helps you to Unlock Doom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Should I be burning bios on my 53 Jean Grey, a level 1 Stryfe, a level 1 Doom, or a 60 Thanos who won't be able to go T3 for a very long time?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

jean grey

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Diddler posted:

He's a glass cannon, in my experience. Offensive output is pretty good, but there's very little survivability compared to my other options. He's nearly useless in arena because of it, and his leadership isn't very good because it only works on the F4. I don't have a great obelisk on him, but I have equipped urus on all gear and I don't think he's worth doing more work. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I'm super disappointed in him.

I couldn't disagree with this more. Mr. Fantastic is arguably my top guybfor physical even over Deadpool and Cap. His 5, 4, and 3 all have iframes and recharge quickly enough to rotate without ever really needing the others. His 5 does solid damage but his 6 does a TON of damage. Like wipes out half of WBU Thanos' health with a good hit. His leadership is limited but since he's the weapon it's a huge boost for him. But he also provides a big boost for a few key useful characters like The Torch and Spidey. He's also a huge Combat power in Timeline who I replaced Cap with and alternate with Cap Marvel.

He's probably a top 3 character for me with Deadpool and Wanda and over Cap, Quicksilver, Jean, Thor, and Cap Marvel.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
Back in after nearly a year off. I'd forgotten just how much free stuff this game vomits at you! I stopped before Deadpool came out, I see Sharon and Cable have new costumes, what should I be aiming for? I only have Tony and Steve at T3 at the moment. Also if any goon alliances have space i'd love a spot.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Fneeb posted:

Back in after nearly a year off. I'd forgotten just how much free stuff this game vomits at you! I stopped before Deadpool came out, I see Sharon and Cable have new costumes, what should I be aiming for? I only have Tony and Steve at T3 at the moment. Also if any goon alliances have space i'd love a spot.

Doctor Goons has room. Deadpool and Sharon's new costume will probably be the biggest helps towards beating all of the new content.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fneeb posted:

get the new sharon costume and ronin, which turns hawkeye into an actual good character

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I couldn't disagree with this more. Mr. Fantastic is arguably my top guybfor physical even over Deadpool and Cap. His 5, 4, and 3 all have iframes and recharge quickly enough to rotate without ever really needing the others. His 5 does solid damage but his 6 does a TON of damage. Like wipes out half of WBU Thanos' health with a good hit. His leadership is limited but since he's the weapon it's a huge boost for him. But he also provides a big boost for a few key useful characters like The Torch and Spidey. He's also a huge Combat power in Timeline who I replaced Cap with and alternate with Cap Marvel.

He's probably a top 3 character for me with Deadpool and Wanda and over Cap, Quicksilver, Jean, Thor, and Cap Marvel.

yeah mr f is i think the top physical damage dealer in the game at t3. his t3 does absolutely bonkers damage, but this means that hes pretty underwhelming at t2

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 01:22 on May 8, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I seem to recall having a lot of fun with him at T2 but I T3ed him ASAP so who knows? His 6 skill is definitely the key because it can just do a ton of damage if it hits right up there with Sharon's or Cap's, but without the charge or vulnerability.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

bobmcdynamite posted:

Doctor Goons has room. Deadpool and Sharon's new costume will probably be the biggest helps towards beating all of the new content.

Just applied to Doctor Goons as KnoxZone.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012
And I’ve applied as Fneeb :)

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Applied as Dimercurio :bandwagon:

I haven't played since last summer, have they changed anything at all to make T3s easier / more accessible?

Ripley fucked around with this message at 10:24 on May 8, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ripley posted:

Applied as Dimercurio :bandwagon:

I haven't played since last summer, have they changed anything at all to make T3s easier / more accessible?

theyve occasionally given t3 mats out in events but other than that nope, still gotta run wbu

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So I got a 5 star rank up ticket.
Who should I use it on?

Iron heart
Agent Venom (with Uniform.)
Quasar
Kid Kaju (don't have uniform)
Enchantress

Who is the best on this list?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

agent venom

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

With the uniform, without a doubt.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Superhero version of Mysterio costume pls

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

They mentioned Rescue along with a godly amount of help, so maybe we'll finally get some Okoye.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Superhero version of Mysterio costume pls

It better have the fishbowl helmet on

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Oh just realized that's definitely a straight forward pun and saw the pics in the background that weren't Rescue. Hope the new unis are good. It feels like the characters that got good Infinity War unis only got slight upgrades with their End Game unis, at least to me.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

A surfing dog?! posted:

They mentioned Rescue along with a godly amount of help, so maybe we'll finally get some Okoye.

I went into the Reddit thread about that picture to see if anyone else had any insight into the clues.
All the top rated comments were talking about how good Rescue was in Avengers Alliance and then there were like 20+ posts talking about that game.
Good times.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Man I came back to Avengers Alliance after not playing it since around the time Psylocke was released in it just for them to shut it down a few months later. I never really got to experience what most of the characters in that game were like.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

If fat Thor is a costume that would be amazing.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i know they couldn't because it would have been a spoiler, but i really wish we had a cap costume with mjolnir

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know Fury is a good target for a mega rank up token but how is Nightcrawler? I’m just starting out so my only T2 characters are;

Sharon Rogers (kind of wish I knew we were getting a free t2 of her before I chose her as my heroes journey character a few weeks ago)
The Thing
Robbie Reyes

I figure a speedster t2 couldn’t hurt to help me start tackling the Shadowlands.

Vvvvv Got it, thanks. I’m currently leveling Marvel up and I have two T2 regular rank up tokens. I’m using one on Cap since he’s 1.5 gear levels away from being eligible and I picked up both his endgame costumes last week. I’ll save the other for Carol.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 10, 2019

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know Fury is a good target for a mega rank up token but how is Nightcrawler? I’m just starting out so my only T2 characters are;

Sharon Rogers (kind of wish I knew we were getting a free t2 of her before I chose her as my heroes journey character a few weeks ago)
The Thing
Robbie Reyes

I figure a speedster t2 couldn’t hurt to help me start tackling the Shadowlands.

Fury (with or without his costume) is like a gazillion times better than Nightcrawler. Nightcrawler's costume makes him better, but still not Nick Fury level.
Plus Nick has one of the best Leadership skills and a T2 skill that makes all other characters better.

If you can, I would Tier 2 Captain Marvel and get her movie costume when it's on sale. It makes her so OP.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

hup posted:

It better have the fishbowl helmet on

If the trailer for Far From Home is any indication: oh hell yes it is

Also this movie is straight up bringing multiverse to the forefront (first time I can remember MCU doing that) so prepare for dumb reboots yall

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It’s Mysterio, I’m fully expecting his entire movie to be a long con.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I'm very curious how they pull Mysterio off without everyone in their audience completely expecting the heel turn. Unless the long con turns out to be a 'multiple-film' con.

Or Mysterio isn't the main villain.

Or since 616 Mysterio turned out to be Ultimate Mysterio, he's just a way to bring in Miles Morales.

Either way, if he goes T3, I'm dropping everything in pursuit of that. I look forward to him god-wrecking every rear end in a top hat in the world.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

My first instict was "Mysterio is causing the monsters due to the long con" but yeh, anyone with a passing knowledge would see it coming, and the whole "hes from an alternate earth" thing might actually mean hes good guy Mysterio

Who Knows Man

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the twist is hes from our earth like gwen poole

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not like "the villain is actually the guy pretending to be the hero all along" is some new or hard to understand concept for a blockbuster film.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

They threw kind of a curveball in Captain Marvel. Maybe Spider-Man’s the bad guy in his universe

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

So which game modes help you level up uniforms without using XP chips?

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Special Mission is always worth playing slow mode for the shifter bios imho which will also get you uni xp

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

You have to run them the slow way for uniform xp unless you are a super duper whale - VIP 17+, and even then it's limited to ~10 clears per VIP level past that.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

The X-Men tracking missions give good exp. I've been doing them for the bios and I still need the last mission item from Beast's tracking mission for the MRUT.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

everything that gives character xp, except dimension rifts i think

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Special Mission is always worth playing slow mode for the shifter bios imho which will also get you uni xp

Does it work if you have it on Repeat in slow mode? I know clearing doesn't work, but I've been trying to level the RagnaHulk uniform by Repeating the Slow Way. And does it only level up the uniform on the active character, or will the second and third teammates also get uni leveling?

I've been playing the Co-Op Play in slow mode to try and boost unis but just noticed today that it wasn't giving me any for the new unis I got, so boo.

I suppose now that I have a uniform for Beast I can start doing the X-Men runs again, which I haven't bothered with since I T2ed them all. I've been working on getting the New Avengers leveled - already T2ed Songbird and Wiccan, White Tiger is waiting for 1000 norns, and I'm working on Squirrel Girl and will go after Hulkling next for those. After that, it's just gathering enough Hidden Tickets to finish off the quests... and finishing up Gwenpool and Inferno. Got 'em both to 5 stars at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Feel free to request norns in the alliances, some of us have more than we'll ever use and there's achievements for filling requests. Probably doesnt give you a lot but can add up over the weeks.