Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Whenever someone makes fun of Joe’s poor quality they usually point to Dunwich as someone to be like. Nick at Dunwich doesn’t talk to or know Joe. Like, this is completely out of nowhere. He’s literally melting down, probably because his customers are leaving him and he’s burned through all his savings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

haha Dumbitch

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
hahahahaha eat poo poo, and that's some serious pot-kettle black if joe's talking poo poo on someone's wiring

Like seriously who is still using lug-mounted pots in 2019

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dawg it gets better. The guitarist/vocalist for Conan weighed-in:

For those who are not deep in the weeds of death metal pedal minutia: the Left Hand Wrath is a Boss HM2 clone made by the aforementioned narcissist/psychopath and the Nihilist is also an HM2 clone made by the aforementioned all-around-chill-bro Nick Williams of Dunwich Amplification.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t want to poo poo on LWA Joe but lol @ anyone trashing Dunwich. All he does is make awesome stuff! I’ve never heard anything bad about him.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.
there are many reasons to poo poo on joe and all of mine are based on personal encounters with the guy (ok, online ones). his product is alright sounding albeit not very well built, but it's the terrible person behind it and his rabid fanboys that are worthy of criticism especially when there are so many other builders of boutique HM2s and other weird fuzz pedals who aren't abusive, self-aggrandizing cocks

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I've met him in person, and he is indeed a dickhead, he only ever comes to big shows to pimp out his own poo poo, and we all basically yell at him until he leaves.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Yeah not trying to defend him I just don’t know the details personally and there are too many rumors and whatnot that go around the pedal world. I don’t want to engage when I’m an outsider.

He uh seems like quite the character though huh?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Concatenation posted:

Like seriously who is still using lug-mounted pots in 2019

Someone finally shows a little sack and says it

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

This is otherwise facebookdrama.txt if it weren't for the fact that this guy does absolutely command a certain market. The Dunable guy dunking on him is just icing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sacha rules

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://youtu.be/zyH3i1mkBcg

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite youtuber. All of his videos are solid gold. It’s pure stupid music poo poo in the best way. The gasmask vocals one is worth looking up too.

e: https://youtu.be/lAJ5R3s50S0

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 09:53 on May 9, 2019

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good Guy Sacha. :3:

Slothful Bong
Dec 2, 2018

Filling the Void with Chaos
Haha Sacha is awesome, and his band is even more incredible!

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://youtu.be/zyH3i1mkBcg

This guy is quickly becoming my favorite youtuber. All of his videos are solid gold. It’s pure stupid music poo poo in the best way. The gasmask vocals one is worth looking up too.

Dude could make a decent chunk of coin if he marketed the gasmask mic to the bestial black/war metal crowd

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Slothful Bong posted:

Haha Sacha is awesome, and his band is even more incredible!
I'm kinda concerned after hearing that Danny left if there's going to be more Intronaut, though. :ohdear:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aA5NxTujqg

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I watched this and had a good time and it turned me gay and I'm cool with that.
This is loving awesome.

E: Is that the "you want it all but you can't have it" guy? Really? It's funny. After all these years when you mention Faith No More I'm probably like a lot of people who just remember Jim Martin in the video on MTV.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 07:15 on May 10, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Faustus posted:

E: Is that the "you want it all but you can't have it" guy? Really? It's funny. After all these years when you mention Faith No More I'm probably like a lot of people who just remember Jim Martin in the video on MTV.

mike patton's definitely had the most lucrative career out of everyone in that band. his stuff is very hit or miss, but his work ethic is genuinely impressive

jim martin put out a solo album that sounded like bad black label society demos, did a guest spot on a terrible primus album, then quit music to be a pumpkin farmer

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

everyone that's never heard mike patton outside of faith no more owes it to themselves to track down (one of my favorite albums, gospel truth) music to make love to your old lady by

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hexwren posted:

everyone that's never heard mike patton outside of faith no more owes it to themselves to track down (one of my favorite albums, gospel truth) music to make love to your old lady by

I just remember an article where he was talking about how people were just chasing the latest trends and trying to make a spectacle, and then he said "oh yeah, i'm currently working on an album of covers of Italian songs from the '50s".

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Muppets On PCP posted:

a terrible primus album

That doesn't really narrow it down.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
I saw Mike Parton headline a festival with Rahzel and honestly I never thought I'd be so interested watching two guys beatbox for an hour. Dude has some serious vocal chops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SBEOW6Rr8c

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Patton rules in and outside of fnm. 43% burnt was loving awesome, and I'm pretty sure he vo8ced all the zombies in the game left for dead or something?

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

field balm posted:

Patton rules in and outside of fnm. 43% burnt was loving awesome, and I'm pretty sure he vo8ced all the zombies in the game left for dead or something?

He does lots of voiceover work. The creepy power voices in the Darkness games, the zombies in I Am Legend, the Anger Cube in Portal 2, and a bunch of the Left For Dead enemies.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW4VS2nTX6U

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
You could make a Mike Patton thread in PYF and easily get 20 pages out of it. Dude is goddamn prolific.

I've always been partial to the stuff that brought him to Faith No More's attention in the first place: good ol' Mr. Bungle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hejweGZ-HP0

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
i saw bungle on their last tour when they opened for a bunch of lovely nu metal bands, it was hilarious

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This song was my introduction to Mr Bungle and it's still one of my favourite tunes of all time. I used to play it to annoy my coworkers in the kitchen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJjKwbJado

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I don’t like almost anything Mike Patton has done but I guess I share his taste in music because he collaborates with a wide variety of people I like.

Kinda wish he wouldn’t, because then it’s another album I would have otherwise enjoyed :smith:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Everybody's seen Mr. Bungle playing their high school talent show, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e12iKth6Vkw

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Speaker posted:

This song was my introduction to Mr Bungle and it's still one of my favourite tunes of all time. I used to play it to annoy my coworkers in the kitchen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPJjKwbJado

it's interesting to see how their influence has spread in that in the past decade or so that song's gotten relatively popular as a performance piece for college and even high school percussion ensembles

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

They should have just called themselves Monkeycheese

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
That tune "God Hates a Coward" has this motif that hooked me, it's more the foundation of the tune than the vocals that got me.

I don't know enough to describe this well so please bear with me:

It's the thing that I originally attribute to Led Zppelin's "Kashmir." You play a power chord and you walk the fifth up in half-steps. I don't know what kind of chord progression it is, though. I love it. Examples are Jake E. Lee in Badlands playing "Seasons." Dream Theater's old song "Voices." On guitar it lends itself to E and A and D where you can drone over open strings. It's just too cool.

VVV YES VVV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 12, 2019

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Dr. Faustus posted:

It's the thing that I originally attribute to Led Zppelin's "Kashmir." You play a power chord and you walk the fifth up in half-steps. I don't know what kind of chord progression it is, though. I love it. Examples are Jake E. Lee in Badlands playing "Seasons." Dream Theater's old song "Voices." On guitar it lends itself to E and A and D where you can drone over open strings. It's just too cool.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Faustus posted:

That tune "God Hates a Coward" has this motif that hooked me, it's more the foundation of the tune than the vocals that got me.

VVV YES VVV

Write the notes down, figure out the progression:

Starting off at the tonic chord (i) in a minor key (Emin), then you move to the VI chord (C) then you're using the vi from E Major (it's a borrowed chord) then you go back to C then Emin.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know what those words mean but I can't follow. Also, the other non-Bond examples go up another step from the 5th. The fourth step up has a leading tone I guess...

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 13, 2019

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I think that's called a line cliche?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dr. Faustus posted:

I know what those words mean but I can't follow. Also, the other non-Bond examples go up another step from the 5th. The fourth step up has a leading tone I guess...

So it continues to go up to the D? So it's a Emin7; I'm not sure of the exact examples you're talking about but is it like Hanger 18 by Megadeth?

Jason Sextro posted:

I think that's called a line cliche?

I'd call it a chromatic ostinato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

For the record, "God Hates a Coward" is a shitload of fun to play on the guitar. My band when I was in/got suspended from my first stint in college played it and lemme tell ya it's an adventure figuring out those lyrics.

edit: Last I heard he's doing a few Mondo Cane shows again this summer, but I don't really keep up beyond a general idea of what he's up to.

rickiep00h fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 13, 2019