Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Mark Hughes suggesting that something is up with Vettel:

quote:

Vettel’s usually chirpy, smiling persona is only a thin veneer right now. Just beneath is what, if you didn’t know better, might be described as resigned indifference. It was very apparent in his TV interview with Martin Brundle recently. Asked what he thought his legacy might be, he fired back with, “I don’t know, I don’t care.” Not in an aggressive way, but in a manner suggesting that he genuinely doesn’t, that he’s perhaps finding it difficult to take much meaning from it all.

He then ties it all down to driving style, which is one argument that could explain his weird drop in performance in 2014 too, but it's really hard to say.

I do think his manner has got somewhat apathetic, at least superficially. Fernando got the same way, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lol it's because his Ferrari dream turned into utter poo poo and he puts in 110% every single loving day at Maranello but it amounts to nothing. Just the continued politics and shifting at the top with no real progress. A toxic blame culture internally.

With Vettel I doubt it'll get as bad as Alonso since Alonso was inherently toxic and just piled it on top of the already existing toxicity of Ferrari. Vettel, on the other hand, is probably just "gently caress this, I've put in so much effort and it amounts to nothing because of you guys.". Maybe things will change in the long term with Elkann or whatever running the show now assuming they give Binotto a year or two after this season to put in actual changes and see if they amount to anything.

There's also been persistent rumours of Vettel wanting to find a way back to Red Bull but I doubt that'll happen with Max there. Then again Alonso ended up back in McLaren with Ron still there so anything is possible lol.

I'm sure Leclerc's had his Ferrari epiphany already, too, what with the relentless team orders.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sulman posted:

He then ties it all down to driving style, which is one argument that could explain his weird drop in performance in 2014 too, but it's really hard to say.

I do think his manner has got somewhat apathetic, at least superficially. Fernando got the same way, though.

Ferrari is looking to sign Hamilton

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DoctorGonzo posted:

why would Lewis take several steps down?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know, a challenge?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

why would Lewis take several steps down?

Maybe it's just boring after driving for the best team with the best management for so long and he wants a challenge.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Khablam posted:

We'll let you know if Spain has the best fans.

Hahaha, I was actually going to ask if someone could let me know if Spain had the best fans or not :D

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm sure Leclerc's had his Ferrari epiphany already, too, what with the relentless team orders.
At least Poor Eddie and Poor Rubens and Poor Felipe had a car that could win things, and a teammate who wouldn't hold them up from in front. Must be depressing to be Charles.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i dont know, a challenge?
A challenge would be to sign with RedBull. Can you imagine Lewis+Max in the same car? Phwoar.
Also the only driver to win championships with three different teams is Our Juan. (The first one) Lewis should aim for that record.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

It could be worse, lads.

quote:

Liberty do listen to us

Oh God

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So far, this is shaping up to be one of the most boring seasons in living memory. The races are full of nothing, everybody assumes their places and hangs around until the lap counter reaches its goal. It's so dull. The most exiting thing all season was Sky nailing that re-streamer mid-race.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

EoRaptor posted:

The most exiting thing all season was Sky nailing that re-streamer mid-race.

Details?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

#Pray4Charles

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

EoRaptor posted:

So far, this is shaping up to be one of the most boring seasons in living memory. The races are full of nothing, everybody assumes their places and hangs around until the lap counter reaches its goal. It's so dull. The most exiting thing all season was Sky nailing that re-streamer mid-race.

I was wondering if I should feel bad about skipping today's race, and I have my answer now!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

freeranger posted:

Hahaha, I was actually going to ask if someone could let me know if Spain had the best fans or not :D

Spain catagorically has the worst fans.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Spain catagorically has the worst fans.

Worse than the Dutch?

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Sulman posted:

I mean, your team has eaten poo poo (by last Friday) in the last four races and any hopes of winning anything this season have vanished, of course you'd be subdued. I feel like looking for anything deeper to this is galaxybrain.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

DoctorGonzo posted:

This is literally the dumbest of those persistent F1 rumours.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gret posted:

Details?

Khablam posted:

RIP sky just did a ban-wave against most :filez:

This is how a few 10's of 1000's of people had their race viewing end.

They're about the 5th streamer to be nailed. The cycle goes like this: stream a race, post to reddit about it > reddit gives them upvotes and goes OMG HOW DO WE DONATE 2 U???? > streamer takes donations via paypal (lol) > streamer gets poo poo on

I think yesterday they hit more than one, as it hit every non-ESPN stream.

Khablam fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 13, 2019

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I think a decent amount of the streams are people streaming other feeds to get upvotes on reddit

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

They're about the 5th streamer to be nailed. The cycle goes like this: stream a race, post to reddit about it > reddit gives them upvotes and goes OMG HOW DO WE DONATE 2 U???? > streamer takes donations via paypal (lol) > streamer gets poo poo on

Just lol that these idiots don't clock the unique number on their screen during the race and ads.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Theophany posted:

Just lol that these idiots don't clock the unique number on their screen during the race and ads.
They block these. They're getting nailed, I'm 99% sure, because they post loving paypal links.
I guess I'll just buy the NowTV package even if I might miss the race live, as depending on reddit to do anything properly isn't a useful backup.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I wonder how long it will be until the paid streaming apps like NowTV start watermarking each stream with a EURion-style code.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

They block these. They're getting nailed, I'm 99% sure, because they post loving paypal links.
I guess I'll just buy the NowTV package even if I might miss the race live, as depending on reddit to do anything properly isn't a useful backup.

That's somehow even better. Imagine making the effort to obscure anything on the stream that could identify you and then using the same email address for your reddit cadging as for your Sky account.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Thanks Ants posted:

I wonder how long it will be until the paid streaming apps like NowTV start watermarking each stream with a EURion-style code.

NowTV has thought well ahead by providing a garbage service that barely streams to paying customers, making any re-streaming unwatchable.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

I think a decent amount of the streams are people streaming other feeds to get upvotes on reddit

Like 95% sure this is true. Same stream posted by like 6 different people/sites trying to get page and ad clicks. One gets nuked and they all go down.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

The only thing dumber than paying money to watch this poo poo legally is paying money to effectively pirate it.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Khablam posted:

Judging by the quality of the F1TV stream, I assume they somehow hit themselves in friendly fire

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Khablam posted:

I bought F1 tv. It was a bit dogshit during the Baku race but I got 6 euro back. Seemed to work well in the Spain weekend.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Funny, that's what I have to do for Indycar this year due to ESPN losing rights to it in Australia. It's very annoying.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Ferrari's incompetence has basically guaranteed that this will be a boring season, barring some spectacular fallout between Hamilton and Bottas, so if you're not watching live there's little incentive to watch anything more than the highlights imo. At least that way the good midfield battles are cherry picked for you.

I can only hope that with nobody else to fight them, Hamilton and Bottas end up at each other's throats and there's a good fight between them for the WDC.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

freeranger posted:

Funny, that's what I have to do for Indycar this year due to ESPN losing rights to it in Australia. It's very annoying.

Indy really did gently caress themselves over when they took the international distribution rights back from espn.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I did actually try and watch some of the Formula 1 this weekend, it was boring nothing happened and instead I decided to play some Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the new Promods Map Mod installed and I am also looking forward to the new 'Road To The Black Sea' dlc which will add Romania, Bulgaria and the European part of Turkey!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'll probably watch Monaco just because I like the city and then give up on this season.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I did actually try and watch some of the Formula 1 this weekend, it was boring nothing happened and instead I decided to play some Euro Truck Simulator 2 with the new Promods Map Mod installed and I am also looking forward to the new 'Road To The Black Sea' dlc which will add Romania, Bulgaria and the European part of Turkey!

Is this the game they use in the Williams simulator?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I love your avatar BTW Theophany

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I love your avatar BTW Theophany

Another fine piece of work from 1500quid

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Theophany posted:

NowTV has thought well ahead by providing a garbage service that barely streams to paying customers, making any re-streaming unwatchable.

:emptyquote:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Theophany posted:

I bet they simulate driving an actual Formula 1 car to the tracks, it just doesn't match up to reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

Theophany posted:

Don't be silly.

We use Euro Truck Simulator 1.