Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Go on," said Dany. "How’s it gonna be. We gonna get a little place."

"We’ll have a cow," said Jon. "An’ we’ll have maybe a pig an’ chickens…an’ down the flat we’ll have a …little piece alfalfa—"

"For the dragons," Dany shouted.

"For the dragons," Jon repeated.

"And I get to tend the dragons."

"An’ you get to tend the dragons"

Dany giggled with happiness. "An’ live on the fatta the lan’."

"Yes."

Dany turned her head.

"No, Dany. Look down there acrost the river, like you can almost see the place."

Dany obeyed him. Jon looked down at the gun.

There were crashing footsteps in the brush now. Jon turned and looked toward them.

"Go on, Jon. When we gonna do it?"

"Gonna do it soon."

"Me an’ you."

"You…and me." Ever’body gonna be nice to you. Ain’t gonna be no more trouble. Nobody gonna hurt nobody nor steal from ‘em."

Dany said, "I thought you was mad at me, Jon."

"No," said Jon. "No, Dany. I ain’t mad. I never been mad, an’ I ain’t now. That’s a thing I want ya to know."

The voices came closer now. Jon raised the gun and listened to the voices.

Dany begged, "Le’s do it now. Le’s get that place now."

"Sure, right now. I gotta. We gotta."

And Jon raised the gun and steadied it, and he brought the muzzle of it close to the back of Dany's head. The hand shook violently, but his face set and his hand steadied. He pulled the trigger. The crash of the shot rolled up the hills and rolled down again. Dany jarred, and then settled slowly forward to the sand, and she lay without quivering.

Jon shivered and looked at the gun, and then he threw it from him, back up the bank, near the pile of old ashes.

The brush seemed filled with cries and with the sound of running feet. Tyrion's voice shouted, "Jon. Where you at, Jon?"

But Jon sat stiffly on the bank and looked at his right hand that had thrown the gun away. The group burst into the clearing, and Davos was ahead. He saw Dany lying on the sand. "Got him, by God." He went over and looked down at Dany, and then he looked back at Jon. "Right in the back of the head," He said softly.

Tyrion came directly to George and sat down beside him, sat very close to him. "Never you mind," said Tyrion. "A guy got to sometimes."

But Arya was standing over Jon. "How’d you do it?" she asked.

"I just done it," Jon said tiredly.

"Did he have my gun?"

"Yeah. Tha’s how." Jon's voice was almost a whisper. He looked steadily at his right hand that had held the gun.

Tyrion twitched Jon's elbow. "Come on, Jon. Me an’ you’ll go in an’ get a drink."

Jon let himself be helped to his feet. "Yeah, a drink."

Tyrion said, "You hadda, Jon. I swear you hadda. Come on with me." He led Jon into the entrance of the trail and up toward the highway.

Davos and Arya looked after them. And Arya said, "Now what the hell ya suppose is eatin’ them two guys?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tyrion turning in Varys was stupid as gently caress, too. no reason to do that. And then he's all chummy with him.

WTF

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Clegane bowl: poo poo. Oberyn/Mtn was a better fight. Better choreography. Just better. This was, once again, hey, wouldn't it be cool if they fought on the stairs while things were collapsing? Wasted.

:wrong:

dylguy90 posted:

This episode owned, actually.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I did like ep

I've actually liked the broad broad strokes.

They just have ditched so much of the crust, of what made the show.

Again why, HBO going broke?

HBo sells out too many of it's great shows with budget nonsense.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock

Waltzing Along posted:

Tyrion turning in Varys was stupid as gently caress, too. no reason to do that. And then he's all chummy with him.

WTF

tyrion has been a complete dumb gently caress since he sailed east and joined up with dany

practically everything he has done or advised dany to do has been wrong and bad. some things have been monumentally bad and completely out of character based on his past experiences, like even remotely trusting or showing a shred of sympathy for cersei

just godawful forgetting what you wrote a few years ago levels of terrible. i mean he basically told cersei he wanked off to the sight of her child dying, the child that cersei was convinced he murdered. he also actually killed her father. and now he is trying to plead to the good graces of her, a women who nuked a church full of people (among other heinous poo poo) and whose biggest motivator besides her and her children's self interest has always been killing tyrion. not to mention the entire history of him growing up with her and being treated like a giant piece of by her, being told a million times she wants to loving kill him because she believes he killed her mother. what the gently caress dude

Damo fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 13, 2019

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
maybe late to the party, just sharing my recent discovery that Bronn was in a lameass cover band in the 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5V8ecsrxeY&t=78s

also, badass guitarist Wilko Johnson had a bit part before he got cut on account of getting pancreatic cancer. he survived! check this crazy fucker out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHm7uIC84YM

uber_stoat fucked around with this message at 07:54 on May 13, 2019

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
Deadwood, no money, killed

Rome, no money, aborted

GOT, no money, slowly strangled

Show the fuckin books HBO

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Some of y'all have forgotten the dark days of HBO accounting where they cancelled everything if it didn't do Sopranos numbers

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Martman posted:

Arya may have survived but she's probably gonna get emphysema or something

Maybe the plot twist will be that the Mountain's form of zombism works like in Return of the Living dead, so everyone who breaths in the ash will become zombies too. And then next time it rains the ash soaks into the soil and all the dead rise as zombies. But not lame rear end ice zombies, unkillable Mountain zombies.

Gotta admit, Qyburn is way better at crafting zombies than the children of the forest.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
remember how not a single actual white walker was seen fighting or doing anything in the battle of winterfell

just standing around, chillin' (lol), letting a little girl leap at their linchpin leader who, if he gets stabbed just once by any of a dozen valyrian steel weapons in the close vicinity will instantly kill them all

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
What if they lied to Emilia Clarke during filming, putting her in front of a green screen and saying "OK look angry and tell your dragon to blast fire, you're shooting the guard towers, go" and she watches the episode and suddenly finds out that she portrayed the shittiest war criminal ever portrayed

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
On second thought, maybe it was a good thing Carnivale got cancelled early.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Dumb Lowtax posted:

What if they lied to Emilia Clarke during filming, putting her in front of a green screen and saying "OK look angry and tell your dragon to blast fire, you're shooting the guard towers, go" and she watches the episode and suddenly finds out that she portrayed the shittiest war criminal ever portrayed

Best season ever!! :pram:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
laughing at all the butthurt people who thought that there were character arcs to this show

did any of you watch The Wire?

There's no good or bad side. We are all equally doomed. Get in line.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Chinatown posted:

laughing at all the butthurt people who thought that there were character arcs to this show

This show used to teach lessons like the Wire did, including equally pessimistic ones. D&D by themselves now have absolutely nothing of value to teach anybody though, not that they would even try.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

MIchael had an arc, he became new Omar

Method Man had an arc, he got cheee-eeezed

Folks had arcs on that show

I may have missed your point I'm a couple sips in

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

the wise bald eunuch bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad things. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
McNulty had an arc and subsequent slow unravel of it

Carcetti had a downfall arc

Omar had an arc of realizing he was bad

Carver and Prez had arcs where they learned that their actions matter

Herc's lack of an arc made him a good focus of hate

Like, everybody had arcs in that show

And they still taught the lesson that there are no sides and we're all hosed because the institutions don't work

It's so good

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Imagine if people who actively supported Hillary Clinton clapped for a white lady that built her empire on brown bodies and were mad because someone noticed her war crimes.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

How are people complaining about CLEGANE BOWL?

It opens with castle walls crumbling and a dragon flying overhead.

Literally the only way to make it more perfect for a piece of lovely pop culture would be if Lemmy was there wailing out a metal riff.

The gently caress's a Lemmy?

:newlol:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Where did Brienne go??

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Don't worry guys, only a handful civilians died in the burning of the city.

All of the dothraki were slaughtered by a tidal wave of zombies, but yet they return for this fight. The defenses of winterfell were slaughtered to the point of only a handful of people still standing, but yet an entire army was still there to charge the city walls. I'm sure next episode will show 999,980 out of the starting one million population of Kings Landing sweeping up the wreckage.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Omar had an arc of realizing he was bad

What, no he didn't. Omar realized his world was bad and he needed to follow a code. Omar was the bat-macguffin, he ignored the law to gently caress the actual bad folks, and they were terrified of him

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Don't worry guys, only a handful civilians died in the burning of the city.

All of the dothraki were slaughtered by a tidal wave of zombies, but yet they return for this fight. The defenses of winterfell were slaughtered to the point of only a handful of people still standing, but yet an entire army was still there to charge the city walls. I'm sure next episode will show 999,980 out of the starting one million population of Kings Landing sweeping up the wreckage.

The Dothraki exist in a quantum state. They're both alive and dead at the same time.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

its all nice on rice posted:

Where did Brienne go??

died in child birth off camera

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Methanar posted:

died in child birth off camera

I checked her wiki she's still alive!!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
That stream just asked a good question:

What is your favorite quote from Season 8?

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

eunuchs can't freeze their balls off

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dumb Lowtax posted:

which one of you cowards poo poo my pants!?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Hell Yeah posted:

qyburn got more wrecked than anyone on the show for some reason.

I thought it was an appropriate way to go for him.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

its all nice on rice posted:

Where did Brienne go??

she stayed in winterfell to guard sansa. its her lifes work now.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dumb Lowtax posted:

which one of you cowards poo poo my pants?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

FogHelmut posted:

Pour one out for Qyburn. Need to know how he weaponized grayscale.

I appreciate this av/post combo.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
why did the lady kill all those people, though?

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dumb Lowtax posted:

[incoherent screams and/or grunts during an action scene]

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

TenementFunster posted:

Sometimes, usually once a month, a woman has

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Mine is "I got you!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TenementFunster posted:

She's crazy but according to my research tonight only gay men and women noticed that.

Straight people are confounded that the woman who burns people for not liking her burned people that didn't like her.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Chinatown posted:

Can’t believe you’re going to do Bubbles like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

someone with adobe premier make an anime music video of dany burning the children of kings landing set to Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls