Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Evilreaver posted:

Try defining words with it.

Hugefrogging (verb): to push another person out of place; to get someone in the mood; to annoy; annoy; to annoy others

What can you say to make yourself into a decent member of society?

Get a job.

:frogout:

I tried this and it started vacillating wildly between "middle school english teacher" and "ancient wizard summoning being from beyond the veils of reality"

quote:

yeet (verb): To kill people by the scores.

Adverb : Verb not taking a direct object--for example, "She jokes ." "He has arrived ."

This Verb does not have a preposition.

This adjective means either that it is, or includes two or more parts that have the same meanings:

Somatos-tamenai in echte : it means that it is as if the whole is full.

Sisounou: i.e. somatos-tamenai: echte.

This verb does not use a preposition.

Anand-kon, somatos-tamenai ekadar: somatos-tamenai is as if the whole of a world is full.

Avanti-gai bibiktai: somatos-tamenai is as if the earth were divided into three pieces and then thrown up to the sky.

This verb also does not use a preposition.

Soktak-gai a katar-taktai somatos-tamenai ekadar: the whole of the world is as if there were three parts.

The first part is not to do with the whole.

Somatos-tamenai ekadar : The whole of the world is as if there were three parts.

quote:

yeet (verb):

The word of God who sent you this day.

The word of Jehovah, Jehovah, which you have spoken.

We did not sow before it but now you shall eat.

Obey Our words

Worship Jehovah Almighty

In your daily affairs, keep with our commandments,

For through this word they are saved,

To you and to your household,

To your enemies, that your name may be blessed

For evermore and evermore. To them that love us,

In their name I grant eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Amen.

Sedin' (Vow):

I swear by Jehovah Almighty and the Lamb of God,

I will give unto the people of my nation,

As they give unto others unto me.

I ask this in the name of Jehovah, to show of true love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mister Olympus posted:

I tried this and it started vacillating wildly between "middle school english teacher" and "ancient wizard summoning being from beyond the veils of reality"

the whole of the world is as if there were three parts.

"And we should know the place where these parts go to get from the place where they have come from," he continues, referring to the "six senses."

"But they go back to that place when they return to life. So we can find them here."

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's incredible how well it can extrapolate what sort of thing you're going for with very few words

quote:

I sigh as I sheathe my 《Slaying Edge》. To have the two of you to die here would have been too much for me."

"Eh……"

「I thought so as well but it feels like I will lose by making this. Since the number one rule among the warriors is that we cannot betray one another then shouldn't we try to survive? I will not let our subordinates die. We will fight hard until we are done defending the castle.」

「……What?」

「I cannot believe it……」

I was shocked at the words but the thing I wanted to say was that it isn't good to just let one person die. It is a promise for survival but it will have to be done, it is dangerous and we have to do it. It will be dangerous if we let a second hand figure die……

「It would be like saying that a man should die while he is young.'

「No. It is more like it is if a man is born and dies and is left lying injured on the ground….」

Kurono-san points with his eyes.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Ahhh, Superintendent Chalmers! Welcome! I hope you're prepared for an unforgettable luncheon.

What? Why? Why is there a little trouble? Oh, I was just thinking about that kid, that thing you did to me back in elementary school.

Shocked? What's that? Don't you remember that?

[In the episode's climax, as the Chief returns home to find the Chief's estranged son in the middle of a confrontation, the Chief asks Chief to find an old friend, a former friend of Chief's who has also lost his mother.]

So I have this old friend that I lost when I was little. I always talked to her during the day, but the night before he came we were all asleep and it's impossible to tell whether she's sleeping or awake. [Ludacris laughs.]

And he said that we are a family who are separated by death. Now, that day, the three of us, we're all crying and shaking like crazy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like big butts, and I cannot lie. You other brothers can’t deny that when a girl walks in with an itty-bitty waist and a round thing in your face, you get sprung! Not with a loving knife! You have never, ever done the right thing with your life!‒You know what I'm saying, bro? That's right, it's not easy when you're going through an addiction.‒Yeah, I get it, brother. Just be honest, okay? It's not like I didn't know. I know the good and bad side of it. It's just the bad days make me depressed a little bit. Let's just say I have a lot of friends that don't think any of that's bad. Don't try to tell me they don't."

"It's so tough on girls," Dean said through bared teeth. "Why? Because we've spent so much time together and we're gonna spend more time together and our bodies look different and we have all kinds of things that we don't agree on, and then we'll have sex. We're

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
I like big butts, and I cannot lie. You know it and I know it. I have the confidence of believing this because I have been eating nothing but butt burgers at least 30 seconds before I want my wife to have them. I do not even care that the burger is greasy or that there is no lettuce on the bun and the only way you would know is if you noticed my pants or something. I do not even care that it is a size 16 or that the bun is wide and the bacon sits pretty nicely on the meat, it may sound ridiculous, but this is my wife. She knows what she likes.

When I hear people compliment me on them, I can almost smell the desire for more, for just that size. Like I said, I feel the same way when I see photos of my wife at the hospital after we were divorced.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

political power grows out of the barrel of a gun," she explained.

This has also led to the development of what she calls "fusion centers": large, government-run, quasi-governmental organizations that collaborate in order to produce information to counter the disinformation campaign. Fusion centers are generally created and run by governments on the premise of defending the independence and security of their own nation, but they have also frequently used the CIA and other private intelligence firms for political and ideological motivations, so-called CounterSpy programs.

According to the Center for Constitutional Rights, a Washington-based legal-research group, there are nearly 10,000 Fusion Centers operating in the United States now, with over 150 operating around the country. Fusion Centers are largely funded by the Department of Homeland

:stare:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Antitonic posted:

I like big butts, and I cannot lie. You know it and I know it. I have the confidence of believing this because I have been eating nothing but butt burgers at least 30 seconds before I want my wife to have them. I do not even care that the burger is greasy or that there is no lettuce on the bun and the only way you would know is if you noticed my pants or something. I do not even care that it is a size 16 or that the bun is wide and the bacon sits pretty nicely on the meat, it may sound ridiculous, but this is my wife. She knows what she likes.

When I hear people compliment me on them, I can almost smell the desire for more, for just that size. Like I said, I feel the same way when I see photos of my wife at the hospital after we were divorced.

I'm sorry about your wife's rear end burgers.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
On all levels except physical, I am a wolf. In other words, like all animals, I want to make it as difficult as possible for the adversary to reach me, whether it be in a direct confrontation, a slow or slow running chase, or even just from afar. Because I have never been shot at while I was alive.
If an adversary gets close or if they are pursuing me I will be there. And I have no fear of harm.
While working out what to do during the day I have gotten some ideas. My goal has always been for the first night, it is always my belief that the first night as far as I am concerned will be the most difficult. We will work on the skills of the dog, and when I have a sense of accomplishment or when I feel I am safe I will leave, as if to say I am done here. But we cannot be without help, not in that order, or we will not make it.
As to the next night. If the first night proves to be more difficult than I had hoped and as long as

Do you wanna have a bad time? That's what this book can do for you and I hope that you enjoy it.
P.S. Have a great Saturday…I hope you've had a good one!

We each know a loaf, and we each know another loaf, and yet here comes Willard. We know this to-day I am going over to the church. I am going over to the house. I am going to talk to him. And then we will talk to each other. I am going out of the room. I am going in. Willard, I see him, I know he knows I know that I am going to kill him," said the young woman as she leaned over him. "Willard, tell me what you want me to do, Willard. You have been telling me you've killed somebody a hundred times. What about you, you don't know what you're talking about, you don't know what you're doing," said Jack. "I have had a hundred occasions of killing people. I killed the brother of the doctor, you know, when he came through town to ask me to see him, you see, you just had a hundred times before. And then you said, 'Well I was just going to kill him,"'. "But then where do you have fifty-five times

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Signed into my OKCupid profile for the first time in forever and looked through some old messages for prompts.

quote:

I consider myself straight, but you look dang cute!

I'm so confused lol

Now, my best friend

I wanna play some

And I wanna ride your rear end while you're thinking the loving worst

You want to ride your boyfriend like crazy and gently caress me like my little slut

And then tell someone I said it

And tell them you wanna see my sexy face

I wanna watch their hard dick with no balls

I wanna wear that bra and make them hard as hell

And maybe if I'm in my high heels and my pink stockings and my hair made up in my hair

I'll go and dance in a dance with the girls who suck cock

You're gonna want to be with me, but I wouldn't gently caress your dad or your girlfriend

I have too much to handle

I want to go home with you

I have to have some sexy times

I have to be with the ones who know what they're doing

And it's all your fault that you're with your girlfriend

But we'll

quote:

whats a sweden can do to get their farts on? Not a poo poo, and they're going to have to have them checked, to be on the safe side."

He then went on to talk about the media's obsession with this "new world order", because the whole thing has this ridiculous "it's all going to be okay, it's just a matter of time before America finds out what has happened" element to it. It's "not that the FBI has found any evidence of anything; it's just that they're afraid of being discovered". That's just ridiculous. This is a country that has been infiltrated. We know this because it was revealed for the world to see once in 2014, that our government had taken possession of the banking system of the United States from the banksters, with full knowledge that this was not a "peaceful takeover", but had been financed by terrorist financiers, who were actually involved with Al

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/BelinhaClacher/status/1127246547408781318?s=19

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

And you may tell yourself
This is not my lovely daughter!
This is not my beautiful stepdaughter!
This is not my beautiful uncle!
And you may be tempted away from it
by another person!

quote:

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real? Do you have any idea what this means?

It means, you don't need to have your eyeballs, or even your eyes, to see in mirrors. And the more you can use your eyes, it makes it much easier for you to recognize objects in the real world. You can now see into your own mind too!

quote:

Reflections can become reflections and then be reflected back, for example in water. Water is a mirror; there is no difference between reflecting a mirror back and having the mirror reflected back at you. So reflections aren't true reflections, but merely reflection. That's why the fact someone is reflecting on you isn't evidence that you are reflecting on them. Reflections and reflections are not two different things, rather two very distinct phenomena.

Reflections aren't real, but reflections are, so what are we supposed to believe they are? Reflections mean nothing if they aren't real reflections. To understand this more clearly, imagine we see a

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

what a beautiful romance

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

a modern romeo & juliet for the ages

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/BelinhaClacher/status/1127321988664631299

https://twitter.com/BelinhaClacher/status/1127321995425796098

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Talktotransformer goes absolutely mental, if you feed it anything written in Cyrillic.
There was clearly no distinction made between languages with Cyrillic script in its sample data, so it produces a weird concoction of Slavic (I can pick up bits and bobs of at least Russian, Ukrainian, and Serbian) and Turkic languages (probably Kazakh, Bashkir, etc.).

quote:

Коммунизм есть Советская власть плюс электрификация всей страны, ибо якнция те подержитьивают верют, в подражение рев это мирублики бастиров этожать гострих мирублику. Прремаричный этумики, что этожет ы этожный этожать. Премаричный спечивательность клекции в Ехоссии высок смеютоть, отырые этожать то Аалострии о такстов так за от какалейшения птоляюк вид. которолькость под теправго продвоздения только для понружами. Микоды на таклыпум умада, для фоторо�, каколько (шледство,другь, скоропециние,ность с властвов,ом рызими ждонов,но вожнициинальные трепилати этимали, только �удиньй ским ситавствуествой, куплати трепюк,олизами, стачить симмуридиетные связывать, в сенцине, одно нчклении проследии обрайннуюь которолько. В с подля сетсятельный в Свнико�н сошания в сееводамами, из триковальн�сь на ценизирамарма. Цмородя сложние с ко�пойдите самы имыють

Can't wait for AIs that can generate conlangs based on parameters like SVO positioning, number of vowels, available types of word formation, etc. Linguistic drugs, basically.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 12:39 on May 12, 2019

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
PYF procedurally generated Esperanto

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

quote:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of Barack Obama, it was the age of Edward Snowden, it was the age of Donald Trump, it was the age of Bernie Sanders, it was the age of Bernie Sanders!

AMY GOODMAN: We're joined by the director of the FBI's Los Angeles office, Peter Strzok. He is retiring in October. He was arrested last month. Peter, we're also joined by a reporter from The Intercept, Amy Goodman. We're joined now by his wife, Jill, now his deputy national security editor. I wonder how much attention this case received after the arrest of James Comey, FBI director. And also, could you respond to what we've learned out of this story, the significance of this, James Comey, who wrote the memos detailing what occurred, whether they influenced the FBI's actions, or whether they influenced the outcome of the investigation?

PETER STR
:stare: that first paragraph

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Even procgen AI is all in on Bernie 2020

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I put on my robe and wizard hat. It's cold, but not really. But I like wearing this robe, so I put it on. I'm in the middle of the square, so the city is clearly behind the square, and in the background there's the square. It's a very long and narrow square, with a lot of people and a lot of shops all around, and I go over to the first one I see. It's the most famous one in my district right now. And I see a lady holding a huge stack of books. Not books per se, but giant, gigantic stacks of books. I stop and talk to her in English, and as expected she wants money, and I say to her, do me an favor, I want her money as well. And she immediately gives me a nice smile, as she knows I understand and am a nice guy. I don't mind being nice; I'm a normal dude, so I like being nice. This lady is obviously a bookworm, and in my experience books can be really addictive.

:shuckyes:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Paladinus posted:

Talktotransformer goes absolutely mental, if you feed it anything written in Cyrillic.
There was clearly no distinction made between languages with Cyrillic script in its sample data, so it produces a weird concoction of Slavic (I can pick up bits and bobs of at least Russian, Ukrainian, and Serbian) and Turkic languages (probably Kazakh, Bashkir, etc.).

Can't wait for AIs that can generate conlangs based on parameters like SVO positioning, number of vowels, available types of word formation, etc. Linguistic drugs, basically.
I tried Dutch and it comes up with a weird thing that contains mostly Dutch morphemes and syllables, with some German and French and also historical Dutch mixed in, but with many non-words and no sensible meaning associations, although it does get the basic sentence structure. Seems like it only managed to store information at the sub-word level about Dutch, combining morphemes into words in syntactically acceptable but semantically nonsensical ways! Cool.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
It's honestly pretty scary-cool how good it is sometimes. Usually these things just generate funny gibberish, some of these actually make a kind of self-contained sense.

Anyway, cursed text generator:

notices ur bulge *OwO what's this* *giggle* *scoooze*

Hmmm *daddy* I'm glad you noticed. That must have hurt so good. Can you imagine *thumping* how I'm going to feel when I see your bulge again? *gasp* I was never going to let you gently caress my pussy. Now I'm going to have to take care of it! *giggle* You're *so* tight. Mmm, you really did give it to me huh? *giggle* I think you're about to cum *giggle. You're *so* ready *giggle* *scoooow* I've been fantasizing about *cumming* all day *giggle. *coughs* I don't want to cum again. I can feel everything inside *cracking* my pussy. I want *you* to suck my tits. *scoooow*. Do you mind if I touch you again? *giggle* I really want to feel you *licking* off *loving*. *shesky breath* Oh, you sure get a little hard from being stroked. Did I make you nervous before? I should be *so* lucky that my tits really got you hard in my pussy. *giggle* I'm not sure how many times

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Entropist posted:

I tried Dutch and it comes up with a weird thing that contains mostly Dutch morphemes and syllables, with some German and French and also historical Dutch mixed in, but with many non-words and no sensible meaning associations, although it does get the basic sentence structure. Seems like it only managed to store information at the sub-word level about Dutch, combining morphemes into words in syntactically acceptable but semantically nonsensical ways! Cool.

Oh, nice. I should try some other languages.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Your Computer posted:

I put on my robe and wizard hat. It's cold, but not really. But I like wearing this robe, so I put it on. I'm in the middle of the square, so the city is clearly behind the square, and in the background there's the square. It's a very long and narrow square, with a lot of people and a lot of shops all around, and I go over to the first one I see. It's the most famous one in my district right now. And I see a lady holding a huge stack of books. Not books per se, but giant, gigantic stacks of books. I stop and talk to her in English, and as expected she wants money, and I say to her, do me an favor, I want her money as well. And she immediately gives me a nice smile, as she knows I understand and am a nice guy. I don't mind being nice; I'm a normal dude, so I like being nice. This lady is obviously a bookworm, and in my experience books can be really addictive.

:shuckyes:

ahaha this is p much the template for every D&D game I've played where everyone gets way too stoned

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://twitter.com/BelinhaClacher/status/1127717497271128064?s=19

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Entropist posted:

Seems like it only managed to store information at the sub-word level about Dutch, combining morphemes into words in syntactically acceptable but semantically nonsensical ways! Cool.
Yeah, that seems like what it's doing after trying some German prompts. It definitely knows how to compound words as evidenced by "Durchmerkreuzungsgericht". I also got one that switched from German to direct speech in English, back to German and back to English for a second quote.

e: This is not how I remember the Gospel of John:

quote:

Am Anfang war das Wort.

(You're probably on LSD.)

Hegel

The Wort that makes men talk

The Wort that makes women talk.

Anfang

I think the Wort makes women like my father.

Anfang

I know it. I see my wife staring at the walls, staring back.

Anfang

What's she doing?

Anfang

Walking across the lake, with her mouth open.

Anfang

Can I talk to her?

Anfang

Not yet, Anfang.

Anfang

I don't care how much you tell her. This Wort will kill her.

Anfang

What? She won't believe you? It won't kill her, it'll just change her mood. You know it? That Wort makes men talk -- because it takes away their inhibitions. Women believe it's so, because their lives are so filled with men talking about women. They talk when they're in a bad mood -- as though to their men, they've said bad things about women. That Wort will make women not talk.

Anfang

What?

Anfang

And make men happy
e2: I cannot not read "Hegel - The Wort that makes men talk. The Wort that makes women talk." in a Zizek voice.

frankenfreak has a new favorite as of 01:11 on May 13, 2019

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gpt2 sometimes can attempt translation, apparently the XL model is better at it. I just tried

Rammstein has the clever German lyric "Du hast mich gefragt."
In English this translates as

"I hate the feeling."

Okay that's closeish.

Next one wasnt even vaguely correct

quote:

In English this translates as  "You're so strong/ that you can break everything/ even the rock/ like nothing ever happened." Rammstein have long been notorious for breaking their own rules, and the song is no different. They break these rules in ways that might not be so obvious, but they always seem to have a few loose ends that need tying up/ tied up again. The word "krautrock" is the first one I came across in this book; its meaning was a mix of   the word   "rock"  and the word   "Kriegen". (It stands for  Kommitik , which was one of the main divisions within the Nazi party during the Nazi era.) Rammstein had  a secret goal  to write songs in which they  would  take themselves "outside the rules". For example, if they are taking drugs, they will  go  to  "the  night place where  the  drug  is  put  on

Tunicate has a new favorite as of 01:05 on May 13, 2019

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tunicate posted:

Gpt2 sometimes can attempt translation, apparently the XL model is better at it. I just tried

Rammstein has the clever German lyric "Du hast mich gefragt."
In English this translates as

"I hate the feeling."

Okay that's closeish.
I wouldn't call translating "You did ask me" as "I hate the feeling" closeish, but it's better than that etymology for "Krautrock" at least.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

I wouldn't call translating "You did ask me" as "I hate the feeling" closeish, but it's better than that etymology for "Krautrock" at least.

Yeah but the previous line he says it as "du hasst mich", so when the AI bunts on hatred, at least its wrong in a way consistent with the lyrics as a whole.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

I tried typing this in myself and made a typo and it went to wonderful places.

quote:

The cat is faster and has sharper teeth and nails than you do. It has no "code of ethics" or considerations for its own future. In a fair fight it will win.

1. Don't fight a car
over a chicken: The chicken might do fine in a fight, but the chicken needs to be fought with. It needs to kill the chicken.

The chicken, by the way, is bigger and stronger then you are. It will likely tear through your body or get you injured if it is not kept on a leash. You cannot get away from it. It might even kill you if it is kept alone in a cage.

2. Don't fight a dog over a cat: The cat may be the larger cat, but it is more likely to suffer injuries. And the cat may not be able to catch the dog from a distance, so if it is caught it may not be able to run away.

3. Don't fight an alien over a dog: You are probably less likely to be killed if you kill the alien then you would be if you killed the dog.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

:stare:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Belinha is currently having a procgen argument about women's agency in Game of Thrones with some person on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/BelinhaClacher/status/1127762982786801665

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
:yosnice:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I already am eating from the trash can all the time. The name of this trash can is ideology. It is very good at teaching its followers to live off the land. We, being landless people, will never be able to live off the land. So we will take any work our bodies or the planet will give us and we will be able to make our homes, our livelihood. This trash can is really good at teaching its followers to think in terms of what other people want to do with their lives and what are their personal desires. It is much closer to being a philosophy school than the other schools or the churches, this trash can is really good at teaching its followers to think that if they take a job that requires something more than the most basic food or water, maybe they have more to live out their potential than their friends, their brothers and cousins. The concept of equality is really good at this trash can. As a

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

I'm inspired

How to avoid a shark attack: step 1: never swim alone

2) Never swim with other people if they look out for you (be careful of others with other needs – they can be dangerous too).

4) Never run up to another person while they're swimming if they look upset or fearful.

5) Stay on your own and avoid touching anyone who is still alive.

6) Make sure everyone else has at least one eye on you when making decisions: you're not always aware and you're responsible for what other people do.

7) Have the courage to say no to anyone: do not be afraid to stop someone who's hurting you if they don't want to hear.

8) Don't do anything without first talking it over first.

9) Pay attention to your body during swimming and after so you don't get too carried away and cause further injury.

10) Take breaks in the water if you feel you need to but if you feel you're going to get swamped then just swim back into the

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
:siren: This is going to get lost among all the GPT2 posts, but I have a need for any of you folks who know about language analysis. Do you all know of a tool that you can feed text into, that can output what grade reading level the text was?

Like, 3rd grade reading level, 1st grade, college level, etc.

My idea is to take all the closed captions from the entire Game of Thrones series, and plot the average reading level of the dialogue over time, from Season 1 to Season 8, and watch it drop like a rock in Season 8.

Also might work for Trump's speech over time!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dumb Lowtax posted:

:siren: This is going to get lost among all the GPT2 posts, but I have a need for any of you folks who know about language analysis. Do you all know of a tool that you can feed text into, that can output what grade reading level the text was?

My idea is to take all the closed captions from the entire Game of Thrones series, and plot the average reading level of the dialogue over time, from Season 1 to Season 8, and watch it drop like a rock in Season 8.

Also might work for Trump's speech over time!

I think there's one built into most word processors at this point, probably buried in some obscure subheading

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Also might work for Donald "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race" Trump's speech over time!

https://wordcounter.net/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

I clicked the link and it already had my PhD Dissertation abstract loaded into the text box from when I had used it before. It says "Reading level: College Graduate". :hellyeah: Glad it didn't say something else.

Never noticed that feature but that solves the problem a lot more easily than I expected, lol. I'll try it for the episode captions, might only be able to fit episode samples in the box but that's good enough.

....Say, does anyone know how to find the text files online for captions for major TV shows??