Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lines up with Liquid a lot better.

Eat more fibre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Generation Zero is a pretty good game

i kind of get why it was poorly reviewed because there are some annoying bugs and it certainly has that "unfinished" feel but there is a lot to like about it

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

every 3d Zelda sucks

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lodin posted:

Sad to say it but even the Taxman sucks poo poo at streaming. I recently tried watching him play the Lust From Beyond demo and it was terrible. Yeah dude, the pipes sorta sound like Chewbacca when you flush the toilet. No, you don't need to spend two minutes contemplating it.
Oh good, you're gonna look at the horse again. Spend another minute twirling that horse around. It's a pretty nice horse, we get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV8yk_-5NZM

Lowtax's streams are great when there is somebody who knows how to be funny, like his ten years old daughter, or that radio jock guy, and absolutely terrible when it's Lowtax on his own.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lowtax is still stuck in 2001 humor and refuses to change. He is not funny in the least.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

lowtax's voice is too high and it makes me uncomfortable, i was hoping the forum leader would have a deeper, more masculine voice

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
Lowtax. Like most steamers and tubers is boring and unfunny

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mods?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

We are mostly boring and unfunny too :smith:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

sebmojo posted:

We are mostly boring and unfunny too :smith:

Haha yeah man!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Unpopular Videogame Opinions! Mostly boring and unfunny

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i just got the platinum for Days Gone and i thought it was quite a fun game, the reviews are really weird and off. People giving it like, a 5. There's a lot of really fun parts in that game and the motorcycle driving is great, and i have no idea how they have so many awesome zombies while the environment looks so great and dynamic

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Caesar Saladin posted:

i just got the platinum for Days Gone and i thought it was quite a fun game, the reviews are really weird and off. People giving it like, a 5. There's a lot of really fun parts in that game and the motorcycle driving is great, and i have no idea how they have so many awesome zombies while the environment looks so great and dynamic

How long did that take you?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Sid Vicious posted:

How long did that take you?

i don't know, it won't tell me my hours played. I'd say 40-50 hours, its a long game. You don't have to do everything in the game to get the platinum, you get most of it going through the story and doing the side missions. Most of the zombie hoards are still out there in the world.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

lowtax's voice is too high and it makes me uncomfortable, i was hoping the forum leader would have a deeper, more masculine voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcdWlPz5ixk

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Caesar Saladin posted:

i don't know, it won't tell me my hours played. I'd say 40-50 hours, its a long game. You don't have to do everything in the game to get the platinum, you get most of it going through the story and doing the side missions. Most of the zombie hoards are still out there in the world.

Okay awesome I was really interested, it won't be for a few months likely but it looked like it was totally my jam so I'm glad it's a nice hefty game

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The Halo theme deserved a better game

I remember when Bungie first started teasing Halo and it looked fuckin awesome, open-world multiplayer exploration shooter with vehicles on a crazy alien-made ringworld.

Then we got the most boring, generic piece of poo poo FPS ever.

That was back when I was huge into Myth 2 and Bungie was a solid dev house instead of a joke. Come to think, of it Blizzard was that way then too.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 18:46 on May 12, 2019

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Halo is generic" would sound a lot less Shapiroish if there were a lot of games like Halo vOv

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Halo is generic" would sound a lot less Shapiroish if there were a lot of games like Halo vOv

If you're talking about Ben Shapiro I can't think of anyone more deservedly unpopular so fits the thread imo

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Ben Shapiro is insanely popular

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Amongst social lepers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halo, a game so generic FPS games are still using advancements it made 20 years later

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Halo is really clever, its enemy design and AI are really good and the way that they mix enemy types in different situations to create different challenges is really well done.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

2house2fly posted:

Ben Shapiro is insanely popular

It's true, Youtube algorithms have DESTROYED any perception of anything else with LOGIC and REASON (but mostly dumb biases) and yes, demagogues are simultaneously popular and unpopular. Kind of like things talked about in this very thread.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

veni veni veni posted:

Amongst social lepers.

Ben Shapiro should play mobas and overwatch he'd fit right in

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I would be straight up shocked if Ben Shapiro didn't play video games.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if you google ben shapiro, his height of 1.7m has a trending symbol next to it

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

Warcraft 3 is better than starcraft

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Savage For The Winjun posted:

Starcraft is and was a terrible game but there weren't good options for playing a Starship Troopers game so it became very popular.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Rutibex posted:

every 3d Zelda sucks

i really liked link between worlds.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Is that an unpopular opinion?

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

jokes posted:

Starcraft is and was a terrible game but there weren't good options for playing a Starship Troopers game so it became very popular.

Even if you think its terrible I can't think of many other rts at the time that had 3 factions that played noticeably differently and was balanced that you could compete with any of them.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I still don't know how blizzard managed to get away with blatantly stealing and filing the serial numbers off of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 12:32 on May 13, 2019

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Flannelette posted:

Even if you think its terrible I can't think of many other rts at the time that had 3 factions that played noticeably differently and was balanced that you could compete with any of them.

Warlords Battlecry II had 12 factions

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rutibex posted:

I still don't know how blizzard managed to get away with blatantly stealing and filing the serial numbers off of Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

Worse, it was originally going to be a licensed game. There has to have been a secret settlement agreement between a blizzard and the Warhammer company. The Warhammer company is apparently the worst at business ever and never sells anything, but they’re still around somehow. It would be hilarious if they only exist because they were sipping a few royalties off of Blizzard.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Warlords Battlecry II had 12 factions

But that was later, starcraft was competing with things like KKND2, dune, ages of empires, darkreign and people still playing red alert and warcraft2.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

poisonpill posted:

Worse, it was originally going to be a licensed game. There has to have been a secret settlement agreement between a blizzard and the Warhammer company. The Warhammer company is apparently the worst at business ever and never sells anything, but they’re still around somehow. It would be hilarious if they only exist because they were sipping a few royalties off of Blizzard.

What was the story with that one guy who is still mad at Warhammer because he can't write more of his warhamsonichu fanfic as canon because they own the rights or something like that, anyway?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dark Reign was one weird loving game mostly because it didnt even bother to be balanced or have a story that wasnt stupid beyond recognition from the word go, but more pressingly got released on the loving xbox 360 as an indie game when they still had that self publishing section.

Yes I bought it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dark Sector was a good game.

e: I probably shouldn't re-play it to see if it's still fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dark Void was a stupid, lovely attempt at making a rocketeer videogame and its own joke tie in game was better than it was.